Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Why Is The Core North Not Joining The #endsars Protest? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is The Core North Not Joining The #endsars Protest? (1388 Views)

Peter Obi Will Not Get Up To 100,000 Votes In The Core North - Reno Omokri / 2023: Northerners Need Someone From North, Not Igbo Or Yoruba – Atiku / Bello Matawalle: I Am Not Joining APC On June 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The Core North Not Joining The #endsars Protest? by Meekha(m): 8:28pm On Oct 09, 2020
I have been following the news updates from the core North (North East and North West) and I have noticed that they are not rooting for the #EndSARS and police brutality protests that is massively going on in other regions.

It seems to mean that the only protests that they can massively go for is any protest that is related to religion. We seldom see them rooting for good governance via protests.

PS: I am not bashing anyone from those regions. I am just a curious and passive observer.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is The Core North Not Joining The #endsars Protest? by Guyman02: 8:28pm On Oct 09, 2020
SARS don't operate here, Hisbah is doing the same job. Moreover, no Hausa man will give bribe to a police, if you arrest them they will be the ones to request that you take them to the cell where police will be feeding them free. They are not in a hurry to meet up with any appointment, it can be suspended unlike you guys in the South.
Moreover, the Emir will order any CP to his palace if any illegal arrest is made in his domain and ask for immediate release of the victim. Any attempt to resist, the Emir will call the IGP and that CP will be redeployed to take care of Police dogs the next day in Sambisa forest.
The reality is that we don't know much about SARS here and we can't protest against people who operate mostly in southern cities killing and maiming youths. Most people here who have never traveled to the South have never see SARS operating in their lives

18 Likes

Re: Why Is The Core North Not Joining The #endsars Protest? by gidgiddy: 8:46pm On Oct 09, 2020
Meekha:
I have been following the news updates from the core North (North East and North West) and I have noticed that they are not rooting for the #EndSARS and police brutality protests that is massively going on in other regions.

It seems to mean that the only protests that they can massively go for is any protest that is related to religion. We seldom see them rooting for good governance via protests.

PS: I am not bashing anyone from those regions. I am just a curious and passive observer.

Why would they be protesting against SARS when they have no problem with SARS? SARS is a Southern Nigerian problem

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is The Core North Not Joining The #endsars Protest? by goodmorning40: 8:50pm On Oct 09, 2020
They are hungry they don't have strength

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Core North Not Joining The #endsars Protest? by Meekha(m): 8:58pm On Oct 09, 2020
Guyman02:
SARS don't operate here, Hisbah is doing the same job. Moreover, no Hausa man will give bribe to a police, if you arrest them they will be the ones to request that you take them to the cell where police will be feeding them free. They are not in a hurry to meet up with any appointment, it can be suspended unlike you guys in the South.
Moreover, the Emir will order any CP to his palace if any illegal arrest is made in his domain and ask for immediate release of the victim. Any attempt to resist, the Emir will call the IGP and that CP will be redeployed to take care of Police dogs the next day in Sambisa forest.
The reality is that we don't know much about SARS here and we can't protest against people who operate mostly in southern cities killing and maiming youths. Most people here who have never traveled to the South have never see SARS operating in their lives

Well, you are right in some aspects. But there is SARS where I stay (North West).

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Core North Not Joining The #endsars Protest? by jamiudinho(m): 9:04pm On Oct 09, 2020
Meekha:

the rate of internet fraudsters over there is very low

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Core North Not Joining The #endsars Protest? by Meekha(m): 9:11pm On Oct 09, 2020
jamiudinho:

But they are an anti-robbery unit and there is so much crime up North.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Core North Not Joining The #endsars Protest? by donbachi(m): 9:16pm On Oct 09, 2020
Their boys dont have porsh looks and dont drive around in benz..rather,carts and wheelbarrows.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Core North Not Joining The #endsars Protest? by Guyman02: 9:18pm On Oct 09, 2020
jamiudinho:

Remind me the work of EFCC again?
SARS is needed here in the North due to violent crimes prevalence, soft target investigation and scrolling through handsets is not their responsibility as the IGP noted himself

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Core North Not Joining The #endsars Protest? by Bialegend(m): 9:23pm On Oct 09, 2020
Meekha:

They are the ones sending the SARS to kill you ignorant, useful idiot fools in the south. Keep shouting #EndSARS when it should be #EndTheZoo. Useful idiots! SARS are not going anywhere, when you finish with your useless protests, you all will clear from the streets and SARS will continue with their assigned job of killing and reducing your population. All you fools in the south should buy some sense and join IPOB in #EndTheZoo now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is The Core North Not Joining The #endsars Protest? by Meekha(m): 9:54pm On Oct 09, 2020
Bialegend:

They are the ones sending the SARS to kill you ignorant, useful idiot fools in the south. Keep shouting #EndSARS when it should be #EndTheZoo. Useful idiots! SARS are not going anywhere, when you finish with your useless protests, you all will clear from the streets and SARS will continue with their assigned job of killing and reducing your population. All you fools in the south should buy some sense and join IPOB in #EndTheZoo now.

You could have passed your message without sounding like a dumbass.

7 Likes

Re: Why Is The Core North Not Joining The #endsars Protest? by Meekha(m): 9:56pm On Oct 09, 2020
donbachi:
Their boys dont have porsh looks and dont drive around in benz..rather,carts and wheelbarrows.

Does not mean that they should not follow with this positive trend na.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Core North Not Joining The #endsars Protest? by Meekha(m): 9:57pm On Oct 09, 2020
Guyman02:

Remind me the work of EFCC again?
SARS is needed here in the North due to violent crimes prevalence, soft target investigation and scrolling through handsets is not their responsibility as the IGP noted himself

On point. Because of the greater robbery in the North, SARS is needed here more.

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Core North Not Joining The #endsars Protest? by DEROXMAN: 10:01pm On Oct 09, 2020
angry Ano ones fucking business
Re: Why Is The Core North Not Joining The #endsars Protest? by jamiudinho(m): 10:09pm On Oct 09, 2020
Meekha:

But they are an anti-robbery unit and there is so much crime up North.
Oga I'm saying internet fraudster
Re: Why Is The Core North Not Joining The #endsars Protest? by Meekha(m): 10:13pm On Oct 09, 2020
jamiudinho:

Oga I'm saying internet fraudster

What if robbery? Are SARS not also saddled with that responsibility? Why not checkmating the criminal elements in the North?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Core North Not Joining The #endsars Protest? by babyfaceafrica: 10:14pm On Oct 09, 2020
The north generally doesn't have problem. With sars... Any police that do anyhow will see anyhow, na southern people gentle for police na... So they can't protest what they don't experience

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Core North Not Joining The #endsars Protest? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 09, 2020
Because they have less fraudsters tongue
They hardly drag their names & images in the mud because of money wink

Simple truth cool

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Core North Not Joining The #endsars Protest? by noleflendum: 10:38pm On Oct 09, 2020
No baby factory in the North
Re: Why Is The Core North Not Joining The #endsars Protest? by Meekha(m): 11:02pm On Oct 09, 2020
noleflendum:
No baby factory in the North

Dumb reply!

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Core North Not Joining The #endsars Protest? by Meekha(m): 11:03pm On Oct 09, 2020
SimplyFacts:
Because they have less fraudsters tongue
They hardly drag their names & images in the mud because of money wink

Simple truth cool

But they have more criminals and SARS are saddle with the responsibility of tackling criminals.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Core North Not Joining The #endsars Protest? by Meekha(m): 11:04pm On Oct 09, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
The north generally doesn't have problem. With sars... Any police that do anyhow will see anyhow, na southern people gentle for police na... So they can't protest what they don't experience

Not the North of yesteryears. The North of today is filled with criminal elements.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is The Core North Not Joining The #endsars Protest? by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:14pm On Oct 09, 2020
Meekha:

They have bigger problems...

#EndBokoHaram

1 Like

Re: Why Is The Core North Not Joining The #endsars Protest? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Oct 09, 2020
Meekha:

Who have more bad leaders between the two sides. Is protest against SARS a protest worth doing in the North?
A gang of pro-yahoo protest u xpect us to come out for.
Go and do ur research well despite challenges the leadership we've in most Northern state you'd feel completely contented to have it.
We get scholarship from state govt,reasonable amount, school fees at very low fee (some states pay as low as fee around N10k), when we're going for any govt recruitment state and LG pay our fare, feeding, and pocket money, annually there is scholarship for Medicine and Engineering scholarships abroad, if u're Senator/Rep/House of assembly member u either find job for youth or do a beneficial project otherwise going back to house will be difficult, No zone perform close to Northern governors practically not media hype in terms of infrastructure. Only in the south u'll hear retiree suffering for years without pension, some have to even protest or die with no pension, even minimum wage isn't yet implemented in most southern states ( 6 out of 7 Northern Western states started paying in the first 2 months from its effect).
If there is any issue of brutality or harassment like SARS in the south we'll run to our traditional, religious or political leaders and before things get out of hand it'll be controlled.
Pls dnt judge ppl of from far or based on media and bigotic propaganda.
Re: Why Is The Core North Not Joining The #endsars Protest? by nameo: 11:23pm On Oct 09, 2020
Guyman02:

Interesting.....
Re: Why Is The Core North Not Joining The #endsars Protest? by BlackfireX: 11:25pm On Oct 09, 2020
Confusion everywhere. grin
Re: Why Is The Core North Not Joining The #endsars Protest? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 09, 2020
Guyman02:
I like this answer,I swear emir will call CP and order him to do things in the interest of ppl. There was a time a Federal high court judge aske to see Ado Bayero in a court,Ado Bayero summoned GEJ's SGF, Anyious and AGF to his palace and asked them to represent him in the court, they answered his summon, attended the court and the judge was so shocked and suspended the ruling.
I like the little answer u gave him.
Re: Why Is The Core North Not Joining The #endsars Protest? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 09, 2020
donbachi:
See low life, Benz is everywhere here, do u think Benz is worth attention here. Go to Northern Universities and see how children drive cars, I mean cars. Try to wake up from that nonsensical propaganda and face reality. A person u always think is wearing shabby clothes have his children ride Range, Benz, Prado's, bclassy cars for school because he's a farmer. Farming is lucrative!
Re: Why Is The Core North Not Joining The #endsars Protest? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 09, 2020
donbachi:
See low life, Benz is everywhere here, do u think Benz is worth attention here. Go to Northern Universities and see how children drive cars, I mean cars. Try to wake up from that nonsensical propaganda and face reality. A person u always think is wearing shabby clothes have his children ride Range, Benz, Prado's, classy cars for school because he's a farmer or business man. Ur ppl are so dumb thinking that we only rely on govt. How many Northerners are working with govt sef?
Re: Why Is The Core North Not Joining The #endsars Protest? by Meekha(m): 12:14am On Oct 10, 2020
Coronabirus:

Who have more bad leaders between the two sides. Is protest against SARS a protest worth doing in the North?
A gang of pro-yahoo protest u xpect us to come out for.
Go and do ur research well despite challenges the leadership we've in most Northern state you'd feel completely contented to have it.
We get scholarship from state govt,reasonable amount, school fees at very low fee (some states pay as low as fee around N10k), when we're going for any govt recruitment state and LG pay our fare, feeding, and pocket money, annually there is scholarship for Medicine and Engineering scholarships abroad, if u're Senator/Rep/House of assembly member u either find job for youth or do a beneficial project otherwise going back to house will be difficult, No zone perform close to Northern governors practically not media hype in terms of infrastructure. Only in the south u'll hear retiree suffering for years without pension, some have to even protest or die with no pension, even minimum wage isn't yet implemented in most southern states ( 6 out of 7 Northern Western states started paying in the first 2 months from its effect).
If there is any issue of brutality or harassment like SARS in the south we'll run to our traditional, religious or political leaders and before things get out of hand it'll be controlled.
Pls dnt judge ppl of from far or based on media and bigotic propaganda.

You talk as if you are talking to a southerner. I am a Northerner who have toured the length and breadth of this country.

Don't even dare compare the North and the South because facts and stats speak for themselves. The standard of living in very low in the North compared to the South. As it stands now, the North have more criminal elements than any region in the country.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is The Core North Not Joining The #endsars Protest? by Meekha(m): 12:22am On Oct 10, 2020
Coronabirus:
See low life, Benz is everywhere here, do u think Benz is worth attention here. Go to Northern Universities and see how children drive cars, I mean cars. Try to wake up from that nonsensical propaganda and face reality. A person u always think is wearing shabby clothes have his children ride Range, Benz, Prado's, bclassy cars for school because he's a farmer. Farming is lucrative!

Farming what I schooled in the North and this farming shi.t you're yapping here is nonsense.

Go and check the people at the upper echelon of NNPC leadership and see the people that occupy the positions. Your guess is right! Of course, the Northerners. Most of the money is from the North is either directly or incredibly linked to Oil money and that is why the North always want to cling to power so that they can be allotting those money from Oil to themselves while the South that has the Oil benefits less. Why do you think the NorthWest and the NorthEast detests Restructuring and always scream One-Nigeria when it is suggested that the country is restructured?

It is time to tell ourselves the truth, the Northern elites (North West and North East) are power-hungry and will do anything to retain power and with this crude mindset, this country is not going anywhere!
Re: Why Is The Core North Not Joining The #endsars Protest? by jamiudinho(m): 12:31am On Oct 10, 2020
Meekha:

What if robbery? Are SARS not also saddled with that responsibility? Why not checkmating the criminal elements in the North?
Oga is like u don't understand what is happening the reason for the protest is why SARS are going after the youth in southern part of d country while in d north part of country the young have No problem with SARS .....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aisha Yusuf , Falz, Davido And Co Didn't Loss Anything / "I Will Still Vote Buhari": Says Buhari Fan Who Earlier Demanded His Resignation / BODY OF A CHINESE NATIONAL KILLED WITH TWO POLICEMEN IN BENUE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.