Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? (15455 Views)

Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? / Pastor Christ Penelope Farts On Heads Of Worshippers To Demonstrate God's Power / Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by harmargedon: 11:12am On Oct 12, 2020
AududuNine11:

Templer knights?

Wetin I no go see for Nairaland grin
I see you know nothing then. Learn to read a lot you'll know who the knight templar were.
Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by BleedTears: 11:24am On Oct 12, 2020
enas24:
Being a Christian doesn't stop u from carrying out your civil responsibility as a citizen of a country. If protesting for a right and safety is going to bring a change, then you are free to participate in it in a peaceful manner and with good intentions.

SCAMMER. sold eBay account and went back and told eBay his account has been hacked that they should help him recover it

Phone - 09040980909
NL ID - enas24

Tobiloba West
Ecobank

Email - emma_udoson@yahoo.com

Dominique tabbaz Funlord

Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:37am On Oct 12, 2020
Ajsmart:
Didn’t Jesus protest against the Jewish ruling class?

NO! He only disrupted the trading carried out inside God's temple that was meant for worship alone. The Pharisees, Saddusees, Scribes and other Jewish Rabbis took their businesses right into the Temple, so if you buy any animal outside the temple they'll tell you it's not fit for sacrifice but no matter how deformed the ones they present to you inside the temple they'll tell you "God will accept it because you bought it right inside God's courtyard"
So Jesus went inside the temple and drove all the sellers out so there is no animals to be sold inside the temple, you can now select the type of animal you want to sacrifice to God outside before bringing it into the temple.

But when it comes to their laws and traditions Jesus asked everyone to obey as long as you're living under their jurisdiction. Matthew 23:3
So protesting against them is not right from Jesus' standpoint! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by AududuNine11: 1:08pm On Oct 12, 2020
harmargedon:
I see you know nothing then. Learn to read a lot you'll know who the knight templar were.

Goan read your Bible
Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by AkinwaleJJ(f): 3:51pm On Oct 12, 2020
harmargedon:
Ask yourself this question, who are the templer knights.

Please any Bible quote i can find the bolded? undecided
Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by harmargedon: 6:29pm On Oct 12, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

Please any Bible quote i can find the bolded? undecided
common you should be mature enough nah. Did the Bible predict your birth.
Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by AkinwaleJJ(f): 6:45pm On Oct 12, 2020
harmargedon:
common you should be mature enough nah. Did the Bible predict your birth.
I thought the OP was emphatic on believers!
Sorry i was trying to figure out every comment through the lenses of the Bible!
Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by tosan245(m): 10:57am On Oct 19, 2020
The Isrealites Protested their way out of Egypt. Led by Moses, Ordained by God.
AududuNine11:
Should a believer join any PROTEST, DEMONSTRATE, CARRY PLACARDS?

Here's my view as a believer regarding PROTEST/DEMONSTRATION - peaceful or not peaceful, SARS related or not:

All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.
1 Corinthians 10:23 KJV

1 Like

Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by AududuNine11: 3:24pm On Oct 19, 2020
tosan245:

Lol.

Issorite. I don hear.
Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by MuttleyLaff: 7:16pm On Oct 19, 2020
tosan245:

AududuNine11:
Lol.

Issorite. I don hear.
"2And the LORD said to Joshua, “Behold, I have delivered Jericho into your hand, along with its king and its mighty men of valor.
3March around the city with all the men of war, circling the city one time. Do this for six days.
4Have seven priests carry seven rams’ horns in front of the ark. Then on the seventh day, march around the city seven times, while the priests blow the horns.
5And when there is a long blast of the ram’s horn and you hear its sound, have all the people give a mighty shout. Then the wall of the city will collapse and all your people will charge straight into the city.
6So Joshua son of Nun summoned the priests and said, “Take up the ark of the covenant and have seven priests carry seven rams’ horns in front of the ark of the LORD.”
7And he told the people, “Advance and march around the city, with the armed troops going ahead of the ark of the LORD.”
8After Joshua had spoken to the people, seven priests carrying seven rams’ horns before the LORD advanced and blew the horns, and the ark of the covenant of the LORD followed them.
9While the horns continued to sound, the armed troops marched ahead of the priests who blew the horns, and the rear guard followed the ark.
10But Joshua had commanded the people: “Do not give a battle cry or let your voice be heard; do not let one word come out of your mouth until the day I tell you to shout. Then you are to shout!”
11So he had the ark of the LORD carried around the city, circling it once. And the people returned to the camp and spent the night there.
12Joshua got up early the next morning, and the priests took the ark of the LORD.
13And the seven priests carrying seven rams’ horns kept marching ahead of the ark of the LORD and blowing the horns. The armed troops went in front of them and the rear guard followed the ark of the LORD, while the horns kept sounding.
14So on the second day they marched around the city once and returned to the camp. They did this for six days.
15Then on the seventh day, they got up at dawn and marched around the city seven times in the same manner. That was the only day they circled the city seven times.
16After the seventh time around, the priests blew the horns, and Joshua commanded the people, “Shout! For the LORD has given you the city!
"
- Joshua 6:2-16

tosan245, the Israelites protested their way round the city of Jericho, and on the seventh day, the fortified walls of the city of Jericho came tumbling down. praise God. Alleluia.

1 Like

Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by achorladey: 8:19pm On Oct 19, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

Have you ever heard that a JW had issues with the police? smiley

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by achorladey: 11:28pm On Oct 19, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

What is your problem with should a believer decide to join any protest, demonstrate or carry placards?

You deserve whatsoever "rancour and clamouring", you get. Did you believe you'll raise your head above the parapet trivialising believers actions and decisions to join peaceful non violent protest, demonstrations or carry placards and expect not to get shot at.

If you've never written or implied that "evil should not be spoken against of", then what do think peaceful non violent protest, demonstrations or carry placards are doing? Is it being silent, folding arms, sitting on hands, not pulling fingers out to do nothing ni, erhn? ọ oj

The major problem is yourself, your problem stems from you sitting on your high horse, with an oversimplified and distorted impression of what protesting means. The Yoruba, will say, "idi pẹlẹbẹ, la nti mu, ọlẹ jẹ", loosely translated means, "food is taken to be eaten from the nearest place to us on the plate" Even Yahshua Ha Mashiach first took care of the welfare of people following Him before dealing with their soul needs and ultimately the work of having their souls saved.

You're failing to see how you are trying to demonise the actions and decisions of believers joining/participating in peaceful non violent protest of whatever form (e.g. online petitions, on the streets, social media expressed protest et cetera), demonstrations, carry placards et cetera.

Online petition, use of the Court to petition using international agencies to petition, writing numerous letters to petition grin grin grin grin grin

Are what some do and when their backs is against the wall. But when they see people on the street carrying placards in their mind it is different grin grin grin

Or it becomes, why should they protest against those they elected? grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Former Jehovah's Witnesses On NL? / Did You Notice Some Guys Who Play Instruments In Church Don't Give Offering? / 4 Things Every Christian Should Know About The Rapture (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.