Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,070 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? (15428 Views)

Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? / Pastor Christ Penelope Farts On Heads Of Worshippers To Demonstrate God's Power / Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by AkinwaleJJ(f): 3:14pm On Oct 11, 2020
Saicrumam:

Guy if I fit see you face to face, you go bleed I swear!

That's why God's Kingdom is coming to destroy persons like you who feels like hurting others just because those ones don't follow them!

1 Like

Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by AududuNine11: 3:16pm On Oct 11, 2020
Saicrumam:

Guy if I fit see you face to face, you go bleed I swear!

Tell me the difference between you and SARS operatives?

1 Like

Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by Alexaonfleek: 3:16pm On Oct 11, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

The agitation is what we must avoid.
The government of the day is not our own, we are living as strangers in this world, so whatever law you know that binds citizens also affects us.
But when the people are protesting against their government, we are to remain neutral as strangers! smiley
Like I said,if you see evil or injustice and refuse to speak against it,you are commiting evil too.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by MuttleyLaff: 3:17pm On Oct 11, 2020
AududuNine11:
Should a believer join any PROTEST, DEMONSTRATE, CARRY PLACARDS?

Here's my view as a believer regarding PROTEST/DEMONSTRATION - peaceful or not peaceful, SARS related or not:

All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.
1 Corinthians 10:23 KJV

Tochj:
Depending on what you understand by protest.
To me protest is simply to disagree
To say This is evil,it can't stand
That was what Jesus did
That was what he stand for.

AududuNine11:
I think the major problem is finding a functional definition of the word "definition". It seems the word has different meaning to many us commenting here, hence, the failure to actually get the point I'm driving at.

I have never write or implied "evil should not be spoken against of".

If many if you had really read the passage I quoted, and not just reading it like it's a chat message, there would be no need for all these rancour and clamouring.
What is your problem with should a believer decide to join any protest, demonstrate or carry placards?

You deserve whatsoever "rancour and clamouring", you get. Did you believe you'll raise your head above the parapet trivialising believers actions and decisions to join peaceful non violent protest, demonstrations or carry placards and expect not to get shot at.

If you've never written or implied that "evil should not be spoken against of", then what do think peaceful non violent protest, demonstrations or carry placards are doing? Is it being silent, folding arms, sitting on hands, not pulling fingers out to do nothing ni, erhn? ọ oj

The major problem is yourself, your problem stems from you sitting on your high horse, with an oversimplified and distorted impression of what protesting means. The Yoruba, will say, "idi pẹlẹbẹ, la nti mu, ọlẹ jẹ", loosely translated means, "food is taken to be eaten from the nearest place to us on the plate" Even Yahshua Ha Mashiach first took care of the welfare of people following Him before dealing with their soul needs and ultimately the work of having their souls saved.

You're failing to see how you are trying to demonise the actions and decisions of believers joining/participating in peaceful non violent protest of whatever form (e.g. online petitions, on the streets, social media expressed protest et cetera), demonstrations, carry placards et cetera.
Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by Alexaonfleek: 3:19pm On Oct 11, 2020
Froshloaded:

You are in what year?

Hmm..

That stuff you did nko?
First.

I stopped it when I earned enough from it.
Besides it was tiring.

1 Like

Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by Froshloaded: 3:21pm On Oct 11, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
First.

I stopped it when I earned enough from it.
Besides it was tiring.

No wonder wink @ the bolded

Cool.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by AkinwaleJJ(f): 3:22pm On Oct 11, 2020
Minjim:

It's the duty of every believer to protest against anything evil or corrupt.
Even Jesus Christ protested when he entered the synagogue and find people trading.
The actions and inactions of government controls our lifes and even to an extent our relationship with God. As such, the process of choosing and removing any evil agency should be every believers' duty.
Though our home is not here, but it's here we make plans for it
You are trying to correlate two different things here.
Jesus protested because of worship not government Sir.
As for the government Jesus said whatever they ask you to do do [Matthew 5:41] whatever they choose to do with their government is none of our business! smiley
Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by aalangel(f): 3:22pm On Oct 11, 2020
Who coined this stupid question Why are you not asking muslims, the fathers and mothers of Protest...nonsense!!!!
Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by AududuNine11: 3:25pm On Oct 11, 2020
aalangel:
Who coined this stupid question Why are you not asking muslims, the fathers and mothers of Protest...nonsense!!!!

Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by AkinwaleJJ(f): 3:27pm On Oct 11, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
Like I said,if you see evil or injustice and refuse to speak against it,you are commiting evil too.

They are your government, you voted for them to come and rule you so whatever they do is none of our business as long as they don't deprive us of worshiping our God!
Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by AkinwaleJJ(f): 3:33pm On Oct 11, 2020
Ayinke93:

I've not seen a more delusional group than you Jehovah witnesses. You do not belong to this world, but you live, work and start families in it. Does not belonging to this world save you from police brutality? Will a blood hungry policeman spare you because you don't belong to this world?
Leaving other people to fight your battles while hiding under a neutral umbrella while everyone fights your battle is nothing but cowardice.

You guys don't know anything!

Have you ever heard of a JW having any issue with the police?
Even the police respected us more than their own government, just try to report a JW to police and see how they'll be staring at you.
That's because they knew that we are the most law abiding citizens who will never go against the orders in any country!
Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by IAMPEDRO: 3:38pm On Oct 11, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Dem don come again!

Those who don’t understand the reasons for their existence
what a comment! grin
Amotolongbo:
Dem don come again!

Those who don’t understand the reasons for their existence
what a comment! can't stop laughing............
Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:18pm On Oct 11, 2020
Ekaka1:

If you are "not part of the world" and you live in the world with your own set of rules you are either illegal here or you are a rebel because all Authority that be are from God(Rom. 13:1-7).

The bolded reveals how dumb you are!

If all authority are of God then why do you protest against the authorities that are from God? cheesy
Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:23pm On Oct 11, 2020
LawyerEmilord:

What will you do assuming SARS kill your brother or sibling? Will you protest or leave to God since you are not part of this world? Answer asap.

SARS can never kill a JW!

Because we are ever ready to obey whatever order they give us, we are the most law abiding citizens throughout the earth.
Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by Minjim: 4:37pm On Oct 11, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

You are trying to correlate two different things here.
Jesus protested because of worship not government Sir.
As for the government Jesus said whatever they ask you to do do [Matthew 5:41] whatever they choose to do with their government is none of our business! smiley

You've missed my point.
The antagonist if the protest is inconsequential , the important issue is the purpose of the protest. Which is against something wrong/evil.
I'm sure you know who Rev Martin Luther King Jnr. is?
Another example is the engagement of Christian communities during the anti-extradition bill protests in Hong Kong. Leaders openly supported the cause, and thousands of young church members joined the peaceful protests.

Also in the Czech Republic, groups of Christians joined hundreds of thousands in Prague to denounce governmental corruption and fraud. In a predominantly atheist country, believers expressed their shared desire for transparent institutions and clean government.

Believers can't just sit down and allow the Govt manipulate the people. Some believers are just building their faith and evil actions of govt can have a major impact on their faith thus distracting them from making heaven.
When we protest against evil, I see it as another form of evangelism because all it takes for evil to succeed us for good men to do nothing.
Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by Minjim: 4:41pm On Oct 11, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

SARS can never kill a JW!

Because we are ever ready to obey whatever order they give us, we are the most law abiding citizens throughout the earth.
This is actually funny
Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:45pm On Oct 11, 2020
Minjim:

This is actually funny

Have you ever heard that a JW had issues with the police? smiley
Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by esmarcq(m): 4:50pm On Oct 11, 2020
Shey Jesus carry Cane flog people for turning his father's house to a market place, so why shouldn't I protest too
Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by AkinwaleJJ(f): 4:51pm On Oct 11, 2020
Minjim:

You've missed my point.
The antagonist if the protest is inconsequential , the important issue is the purpose of the protest. Which is against something wrong/evil.
I'm sure you know who Rev Martin Luther King Jnr. is?
Another example is the engagement of Christian communities during the anti-extradition bill protests in Hong Kong. Leaders openly supported the cause, and thousands of young church members joined the peaceful protests.

Also in the Czech Republic, groups of Christians joined hundreds of thousands in Prague to denounce governmental corruption and fraud. In a predominantly atheist country, believers expressed their shared desire for transparent institutions and clean government.

Believers can't just sit down and allow the Govt manipulate the people. Some believers are just building their faith and evil actions of govt can have a major impact on their faith thus distracting them from making heaven.
When we protest against evil, I see it as another form of evangelism because all it takes for evil to succeed us for good men to do nothing.

That's why the real evangelism Jesus taught his followers has a topic God's Kingdom!

You can't mix worldly protest with peaceful preaching and teaching in your neighbourhood.
Whoever have joined in any protest in the past did so out of ignorance so God won't blame them for what they don't know. Jesus never taught us to protest against the authorities in anyway.
That's why i told you that Jesus' protest ended in the temple because that's what he came for, to cleanse the spiritual Temple and make it clean.
Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:58pm On Oct 11, 2020
esmarcq:
Shey Jesus carry Cane flog people for turning his father's house to a market place, so why shouldn't I protest too

Before now if you died in any protest, God will resurrect you because you don't know his stand on this issue. But as from this very moment if you die in a protest, your life is wasted and God will not remember you in your grave because you now know his stand but chose to ignore! smiley
Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by Akharmony: 5:04pm On Oct 11, 2020
The king of the Jew is a freedom fighter
Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by Acehart: 7:10pm On Oct 11, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
Why not?

My Rev fr in church today encouraged youths to speak against any form of injustice in the society.
He talked about this issue of sars harrasing innocent youths,and was totally in support of the protest.
Infact,it's a moral obligation.

Have you read the scriptures to find out what God says?
Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:22pm On Oct 11, 2020
AududuNine11:

Tell me the difference between you and SARS operatives?

They're quick to judge others but when it comes to their own abnormalities they're blind to it! cheesy
Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:28pm On Oct 11, 2020
Alexaonfleek:

There are many injustices that most of you have remained silent about, it's when it turns to a big problem that you'll expect JWs to join you in the stupid protest.

You people are agitating unnecessarily, the first thing to do is find out where the system is weak, then you can start planning to work on it.

The SARS are Nigerians like you and i, so it's the same circumstances that makes you desperate that's worrying them. Let the government pay every citizen the same wage and see if there will be crime in any place! smiley

1 Like

Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by alutaola(m): 8:27pm On Oct 11, 2020
AududuNine11:
Should a believer join any PROTEST, DEMONSTRATE, CARRY PLACARDS?

Here's my view as a believer regarding PROTEST/DEMONSTRATION - peaceful or not peaceful, SARS related or not:

All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.
1 Corinthians 10:23 KJV

Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by alutaola(m): 8:28pm On Oct 11, 2020
Hi friend.
Am seeking your opinion on this project, who and what do you think is responsible for student failures in the University setting
*WHO*
1) LECTURER
2) STUDENTS
3) LEARNING ENVIRONMENT
Am working on a term paper survey, I will really appreciate your view.
Please state answer with either *yes* or *No* with brief explanation.
How do you think you can solve the problem, you have chosen.
Thanks
Future19
Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by Ajsmart(m): 10:45pm On Oct 11, 2020
Didn’t Jesus protest against the Jewish ruling class?

1 Like

Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by Ptwealth: 10:56pm On Oct 11, 2020
Wtf...Martin Luther King was a pastor

1 Like

Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by MuttleyLaff: 11:11pm On Oct 11, 2020
Acehart:
Have you read the scriptures to find out what God says?
Care to share what you've found out God says about should a believer join any protest, demonstrate or carry placards
Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by Acehart: 6:43am On Oct 12, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Care to share what you've found out God says about should a believer join any protest, demonstrate or carry placards

I will soon. I’m still studying and meditating. When I’m through, I’ll create a thread.
Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by MuttleyLaff: 6:59am On Oct 12, 2020
Acehart:
I will soon. I’m still studying and meditating. When I’m through, I’ll create a thread.
[img]https://s8/images/MuttleyDriveLaff.gif[/img]
I trust you'll do
I'll asap respond to your other post that repeatedly got you banned, lmso

1 Like

Re: Should A Believer Join Any Protest, Demonstrate, Carry Placards? by AnalQueenluci: 10:04am On Oct 12, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Oxygen flew to earth? good higher beings? knew d activities? Are you high? undecided undecided undecided
SMH undecided take care

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

''Jesus' Holiness, Saint Daniel MyeriJesu'' (A Reverend's Change Of Name) / 4 Things Every Christian Should Know About The Rapture (Photo) / What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.