Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,892 members, 7,863,053 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:01 AM

Fashola Is Over Rated - True Or False? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Is Over Rated - True Or False? (802 Views)

Fashola Is Fatigued Of Ideas – Lagos PDP / Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate / From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Is Over Rated - True Or False? by Time2Think(f): 6:16am On Mar 05, 2011
In the Kingdom of the blind, they say, the one eyed person is king. Can this be applied to Fashola? In the midst of non performance - he is seen to be "performing", Is he over rated? Flower planting, solar powered street lights,
Re: Fashola Is Over Rated - True Or False? by seanet02: 6:26am On Mar 05, 2011
Dumbest Post of the Millenium. Another hired poster for GEJ. This is a complete wastage of bandwidth. Tell me a single poll did both in Lagos and nairaland that Fashola did not have 85%. Bloody mofo
Re: Fashola Is Over Rated - True Or False? by Time2Think(f): 3:15pm On Mar 05, 2011
Look at my signature.

I think you qualify as one of the riff rafs.

Let me ask you a question. When you enter a room full of human beings. Dont you find it necessary to size up every one in there, see how they behave and try to behave like them hence they call you an animal? Also, when you size up everyone in the room, you have to see where you belong and see the riff rafs that are in the room and walk up amongst them and start talking to them in the language they understand? Because in the midst of human beings, some human beings are better than others, so, try size yourself up and see where you fall before throwing un necessary insults, because you belong amongst riff rafs that abound on NL.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Is Over Rated - True Or False? by monkeyleg: 3:19pm On Mar 05, 2011
Why do I think this is the notorious cow meat dressed up as a woman again. Corss dressing is now the new PDP craze right?
Re: Fashola Is Over Rated - True Or False? by jumobi1(m): 3:32pm On Mar 05, 2011
I think he is overrated but blame that on his inept colleagues. He is a good governor but the terrible ones make him look great.
Re: Fashola Is Over Rated - True Or False? by Time2Think(f): 3:34pm On Mar 05, 2011
^^^

Exactly my point. Go to Akwa Ibom, Rivers, I think those governors are even doing better.

But we dont hear noises from them.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Is Over Rated - True Or False? by AljUche: 3:38pm On Mar 05, 2011
jumobi1:

I think he is overrated but blame that on his inept colleagues. He is a good governor but the terrible ones make him look great.

i do not think he is overrated,

think of it this way, there is massive influx of people all over the country to lagos and there is limited resources to accommodate them
Re: Fashola Is Over Rated - True Or False? by monkeyleg: 3:44pm On Mar 05, 2011
Time2Think:

^^^

Exactly my point. Go to Akwa Ibom, Rivers, I think those governors are even doing better.

Same Akwa Ibom governor that threw money about, in the process 5 people lost thier lives. If he was so good, why was there the need to share the QUIDS?
Re: Fashola Is Over Rated - True Or False? by sbeezy8: 3:52pm On Mar 05, 2011
he maybe overrated to you but to me hes just right for lagos

and no one cares about akwa ibom or rivers sorry. they can be places of gold i still will never leave gidi for any state outside the SW.

If other govenors are performing there should be mass migration towards those performing states from a non performing state like lagos/fashola.

wink
Re: Fashola Is Over Rated - True Or False? by Time2Think(f): 3:53pm On Mar 05, 2011
^^Completely out of point.
Re: Fashola Is Over Rated - True Or False? by illusion2: 3:56pm On Mar 05, 2011
Time2Think:

^^^
Probably because you live in Lagos tongue
Re: Fashola Is Over Rated - True Or False? by sbeezy8: 3:58pm On Mar 05, 2011
Time2Think:

^^Completely out of point.
^^^^ no it isnt

if fashola is overrated and not performing as those in akwa ibom nd rivers- then there should e migration towards those states.

why come to lagos when one could go to states that are performing better?
Re: Fashola Is Over Rated - True Or False? by Time2Think(f): 4:03pm On Mar 05, 2011
^^

How is this answer related to if he is over rated or not?
Re: Fashola Is Over Rated - True Or False? by monkeyleg: 4:06pm On Mar 05, 2011
Far Better than anything PDP. So in the Nigerian context, he is not

Wonder what PDP pundits would say about Uduaghan of Delta state (probably the worst governor in the country)
Re: Fashola Is Over Rated - True Or False? by desktop: 4:53pm On Mar 05, 2011
The reckless use of state funds by Chief Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom to bribe the largely impoverished indigenes of the state turned bloody yesterday as five students died in a fracas that ensued at the bribery fest in public glare at the government house in Uyo.

The students died as they scampered to share the N15 million naira bribe money while several of them sustained serious injuries. The chaos was complicated by the involvement of security agents on duty as they too engaged in the struggle for free cash.

SaharaReporters gathered that the Akwa Ibom state government house has turned into a Mecca of sorts for the over 3,500 support groups engaged in praise singing for Akpabio. these hired crowds throng the seat of power for cash disbursements aimed at buying the gubernatorial election since the governor flagged off his re-election campaign recently.

Akpabio had bussed over 5000 undergraduates of tertiary institutions in the state from University of Uyo, Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic, Ikot Asura and Uyo City Polytechnic to create an appearance of popularity and youth support in the April governorship election.

however, the situation got out of hand at Government House when most of the students realized that the coordinators of the bribe reserved N5 million for themselves from the N15 million booty Akpabio had made available to them for the bribe fest.

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/akpabios-voters-bribery-fest-5-killed-while-sharing-n15-million-bribe-money

This same Akwa Ibom or another? shocked
Re: Fashola Is Over Rated - True Or False? by monkeyleg: 4:58pm On Mar 05, 2011
@ Desktop

it is the same Akwa Ibom run by a PDP governemt. why did he deem it fit to start sharing money, if he was doing so well. PDP and thier usual CEsspit behaviour
Re: Fashola Is Over Rated - True Or False? by Mariory(m): 5:58pm On Mar 05, 2011
Time2Think:

In the Kingdom of the blind, they say, the one eyed person is king. Can this be applied to Fashola? In the midst of non performance - he is seen to be "performing", Is he over rated? Flower planting, solar powered street lights,

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stup!d than to open it and remove all doubt" - Mark Twain

"Tis better to be silent and be thought a f00l, than to speak and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
Re: Fashola Is Over Rated - True Or False? by Time2Think(f): 6:08pm On Mar 05, 2011
^^^

Check my signature. You are one of the riff rafs here on NL.

and it is a pity that you dont live by the quote on your signature.
Re: Fashola Is Over Rated - True Or False? by EkoIle1: 7:23pm On Mar 05, 2011
Time2Think:

^^

How is this answer related to if he is over rated or not?

Maybe you need to tell us the meaning of over rated. The fact that you keep repeating that nonsense shows how silly and ridiculous your over rated assertions sounds.

You clowns are not even making any kind of effort to sound sensible no more
Re: Fashola Is Over Rated - True Or False? by Time2Think(f): 7:40pm On Mar 05, 2011
next thing, throw bomb.
Re: Fashola Is Over Rated - True Or False? by EkoIle1: 8:06pm On Mar 05, 2011
Time2Think:

next thing, throw bomb.

That's for sad and disgruntled elements like you of course.
Re: Fashola Is Over Rated - True Or False? by Gbawe: 8:08pm On Mar 05, 2011
Is this thread really neccessary ? if Lagosians are happy with Fashola then who cares what others think ? Do some people understand democracy at all? I.e the will of the majority? If Majority of lagosians are happy with Fashola why do some folks get bothered that the citizens of his State , and many other fellow Governors , are happy to praise Fashola , non-stop, as the best ?  What is the problem with some Nigerians ? is this an ethnic thing ? does it bother some folks a yoruba man is deemed the most performing politician in Nigeria? Or is it that we cannot stand it when it is not us or our faction getting accolades?

I am a lagosian . I dont do hero worship yet I can say that Fashola is only "overrated" according to non-Lagosians. If you don't know the scale of work the man has done in , by far , the most challenging State in Nigeria then ask a Lagosian instead of sounding ignorant. Naturally one can understand that non-Lagosians get irritated by the many praises and awards Fashola attracts[b] home and abroad [/b] for leadership excellence . Better to channel any anger towards urging your Governor to perform instead of trying to dent the armour of a man all Nigerians should admit is an asset and a great example to others.
Re: Fashola Is Over Rated - True Or False? by ladi02(m): 8:32pm On Mar 05, 2011
Another silly thread, see riff raf point fingers

(1) (Reply)

234next - The Debate That Wasn’t / Ahead Of Polls, Police Arrest Acn Agent With Inec Result Sheets! / The Igbos Took It Personal To Vote Gej Because Of How Our Northern Brothers Treated Him During The H

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.