Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,914 members, 7,835,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Andy Uba Declared 1trillion Naira Asset A Day Before Supreme Court Ruling - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Andy Uba Declared 1trillion Naira Asset A Day Before Supreme Court Ruling (3280 Views)

Akwa Ibom Residents Celebrate Umana Over Appeal Court Ruling / Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? / Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Andy Uba Declared 1trillion Naira Asset A Day Before Supreme Court Ruling by Nobody: 4:05am On Jun 24, 2007
Waoh! Andy Uba submitted asset declaration form on the 13 June, 2007. That was a day before he was removed by the Supreme Court of Nigeria. After deceptive and counterfeit university certificates, this guy was still able to enmass wealth worth N1 Trillion. This is a disgrace. This guy cannot even enter the US today without being arrested for money laundary in Ney York which he committed when he came with Obasanjo in his presidential plane two years ago. I know some of his expensive properties in Abuja. If this guy could have such assets, then how much asset does Obasanjo have? Is God up there watching these crooks steal what belongs to me and you? Someone needs to act fast and wiped these thieves off the surface of Nigeria before it is too late because Yar'Adua is a a lost train waiting to derail from its track. I hope the election tribunal conducts another election.
Re: Andy Uba Declared 1trillion Naira Asset A Day Before Supreme Court Ruling by chrisokw: 8:27am On Jun 24, 2007
I’ve Not Declared Any Assets, Says Uba
By Ndubuisi Ugah, 06.24.2007

Add To Favorites
Print This Article
Post Comment

Former Governor Andy Uba of Anambra State at the weekend, described as fictitious media reports, which claimed that he has declared his assets worth N1 trillion.
Uba, in a statement he personally signed, said there was no way he could have declared his assets, when the Supreme Court judgment had on June 14, voided his governorship, a day (June 13) after he was given his assets declaration form.
According to him, "the truth is that none of those writing about my assets can produce any evidence of my so-called assets declaration. This is because I was given the asset declaration form on June 13 and on June 14 the Supreme Court ruled against my governorship".
Media reports had last week stated that Uba had declared assets worth N1 trillion, a report, which drew sharp reactions from Nigerians.
But Uba, while recalling that his only ‘mortal sin’ was serving former President Olusegun Obasanjo and my country to the best of my ability," explained that he regarded "all of that fictitious nonsense as clear attempts by my detractors and their hirelings to embarrass me".
He stated that he deemed "it necessary to set the records straight for the benefit of the vast majority of Nigerians who deserve to know the truth".
"In effect, I had not declared any assets. I wonder then where the newspaper figures are coming from," he said.
The politician, who equally pointed out that he was embarrased by the media reports, however, argued that "it sounds idiotic, if not mischievous to suggest that I have assets worth anything near what some newspapers are peddling. I challenge those gullible enough to parrot that lie to produce a copy of the so-called asset declaration by me."
"For the records, I state once more that I had not declared any assets. Nor did I ever tell anyone how much I am worth. Any report saying how much my assets are worth are at best, a speculation, and at worst, a figment of the imagination of my detractors".
While insisting that facts should be cross-checked before they are published, Uba said "emotional outbursts are easy to make. The hard part is writing credible, verifiable columns. For those who are desperate to tarnish my reputation, writing all manner of lies against me has become a lucrative industry sustained by their pay masters. Yet, I take all of that as the price of public service," he said.
Re: Andy Uba Declared 1trillion Naira Asset A Day Before Supreme Court Ruling by derfla(m): 10:06am On Jun 24, 2007
na waoooooo. these thieves are ripping off our fortune. may god deliver us since we cant fight war!

(1) (Reply)

Gaddafi Wants Caribbean In Africa / Gruesome Video Of Extra Judicial Killings Of Alledge Boko Haram Members / Obi Predicts Bright Future For Innoson Mini Bus Replace Keke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.