Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,957 members, 7,817,812 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun (38328 Views)

Our Major Problem Is Ekweremadu, And Not Saraki- Oyegun / I Regret Convening Meeting Same Day Saraki, Ekweremadu Were Elected - Oyegun / Nigerian Senate Set To Spend N4.7b On 120 Toyota Land Cruisers For Saraki, Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by lalasticlala(m): 4:08pm On May 23, 2015
The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Chief John Oyegun has said today that Nigeria’s president-elect, Muhammadu Buhari will have to spend N4.1 trillion on servicing debt, paying salaries and making oil subsidy payments.

Oyegun in his speech titled, ‘Extraordinary Times Require Extraordinary Action’, noted that in highlighting the financial burden the party would inherit, he was not making excuses or lamentations. He was merely laying bare the ‘the enormity of the challenges ahead’.

“From the first day of this government, a total of 4.1 trillion Naira will be required for sundry expenses, including oil subsidy payment, arrears of salaries at federal and state levels and debt servicing, just to mention a few,” he said.

Oyegun then stated that the incoming government was going inherit enormous debt. “Put this against the background of the falling oil prices, the unprecedented 60-billion-dollar debt which the outgoing government has left for the incoming one, the largely depleted Excess Crude Account (ECA), the 60 billion dollars that have been lost in the last four years to crude oil theft (and which are perhaps still being lost as we speak), the need to rapidly create jobs for our teeming army of unemployed youths, enhance the security of the citizenry and improve the economy, and you will begin to understand the enormity of the challenges ahead.

“This is not a lamentation forum, but still, we must tell ourselves the truth about the state of the nation, and the expectations of our people.”
“In fact, to a number of our compatriots, by May 30th, a day after the swearing of our president-elect, all the streets in Nigeria will be air conditioned while electricity will become stable and fuel scarcity will be a thing of the past.”
“Yes, we will get there, but it won’t happen overnight.”

“You, our senators-elect, will be called upon to take extraordinary actions to address the extraordinary challenges that confront our nation.
“The incoming President, more than anyone else, needs the support and cooperation of the 8th National Assembly to fulfill his campaign promise to Nigerians.

“You may be required to pass important bills at very short notices. This will not be unprecedented but will require a buy-in to the programmes of the President and the Party and a willingness to work with him and the party for the benefit of all Nigerians. The demands on you will be tasking, but you are up to the task! Fortunately we have the numbers, even though we believe that a bipartisan effort – to which we are open – will be a better deal,” he explained.

He noted that: “There is good news! You, our Senators-elect, share in the dreams of the President and our party to make our country great again. May I also remind you that all eyes will be on our party – and by extension on all of you – to see if our government will walk its talk in terms of running a lean and effective government, one that eschews waste, corruption and indiscipline, and one that will harness the nation’s human, material and natural resources for the well being of the people.

“Finally, let me end on a note of caution. There is no magic wand to make our economy better overnight. Against the realities on the ground, some of which I listed earlier, reviving our economy will be a long and tortuous process. Bold decisions will need to be taken, and this can only be possible if there is a synergy among our party, the National Assembly and the President. We know you will not fail us, and you will not fail Nigerians.

“Well, the 1921 Nobel Laureate for Physics, Dr. Albert Einstein, must have had a moment like this in mind, while responding to a question.
He was asked: “Dr. Einstein, why is it that when the mind of man has stretched so far as to discover the structure of the atom, we have been unable to devise the political means to keep the atom from destroying us?”

His answer: “That is simple, my friend. It is because politics is more difficult than physics.”

“Now that you know the nobility of the calling in which you have found yourselves, I am sure you will not hesitate to show that politicians too can solve problems!”

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/05/23/buhari-to-spend-n4-1trillion-in-first-day-as-president-oyegun/

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 23, 2015
buhari should beta spend d money

especially here in rivers, all d debts Amaechi is owing is because of his campaign and health

dey should beta pay my dad d pension Amaechi hv been owing them for 7months

no b to go carry 4.1 trillion go breed new cows, import Chinese gworo kola-nut and buy foreign kwili kwili

carry the remaining money go buy kwaleh WEED for tinubu

99 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by Ezenwammadu(m): 4:10pm On May 23, 2015
“From the first day of this government, a total of 4.1 trillion Naira will be required for sundry expenses, including oil subsidy payment, [b]arrears of salaries at federal and state levels [/b]and debt servicing, just to mention a few,” he said.
Why should federal govt pay salaries of state workers.Each state has governors and has federal allocation.Why shouldn't they work hard to generate internal revenue if they feel that the allocation is too small.

Nigeria is cursed with the worst set of governors

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 23, 2015
Oyah nah
Make dem dhe spend d money
Money weh jonathan dhe spend, dem dhe shout "change"
I pity dis govt and dem people lipsrsealed

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by Acekidc4(m): 4:11pm On May 23, 2015
No Comment For Now!!
Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 23, 2015
just incase
Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by olawalepopoola: 4:13pm On May 23, 2015
lalasticlala:

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/05/23/buhari-to-spend-n4-1trillion-in-first-day-as-president-oyegun/
And yet some claimed PGEJ was the best thing to happen to Nigeria. 4.1 trillion naira debt! OMG! This is ridiculous. I am sure PMB is capable of tackling this.

31 Likes

Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by fiftynaira(m): 4:13pm On May 23, 2015
This LAND is Not for sale

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by Firefire(m): 4:13pm On May 23, 2015
“That is simple, my friend. It is because politics is more difficult than physics.”

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 23, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Oyah nah

my fellow PDP brother

sometimes i wonder if ur battery no dey die

ur in every thread

abeg chop naa, u no dey sleep

u no get babe

y u like nairaland pass office work

112 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by aderonila18: 4:16pm On May 23, 2015
Chai 4.1 trillion just to clear debts and outstanding salaries. Nigeria has never had it this bad financially shocked GEJ and his croon is have really emptied the treasury and left crazy debts

15 Likes

Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 23, 2015
olawalepopoola:

And yet some claimed PGEJ was the best thing to happen to Nigeria. 4.1 trillion naira debt! OMG! This is ridiculous. I am sure PMB is capable of tackling this.

d debts are from APC states

ask Arigbesola

ask Amaechi

ask okorocha

dey should b ur google for now

akpa amu

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by themilanway(m): 4:16pm On May 23, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Oyah nah

Stop making a fool of yourself always.

31 Likes

Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 23, 2015
Taylor86:

my fellow PDP brother

sometimes i wonder if ur battery no dey die

ur in every thread

abeg chop naa, u no dey sleep

u no get babe

y u like nairaland pass office work
I no like "change"
NB: change is different from "change"

11 Likes

Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by Sweetguy25: 4:16pm On May 23, 2015
Trying to buy emotions.

13 Likes

Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by rawpadgin(m): 4:17pm On May 23, 2015
good!
i have not be paid for the past 3months

& the flimsy excuse my company is giving is that government have not paid dem

make i see the next excuse wen dem wan give

6 Likes

Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by abduljabbar4(m): 4:18pm On May 23, 2015
God will punish pdp. Challenges indeed await Buhari.
Meanwhile
Mods you are supposed to ban people for breaking rules so what are you waiting for?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 23, 2015
themilanway:

Stop making a fool of yourself always.

Na only for naija oppostion dhe be crime, must I support ya useless party?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by hadura29(m): 4:19pm On May 23, 2015
Hmmm make I book space first.

Hmmm
Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 23, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

I no like "change"
NB: change is different from "change"

me sef i been no like change

But we have no option dan to change the changers

that's y we changed Amaechi here in ph

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 23, 2015
lipsrsealed noted cool
Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by todyms: 4:20pm On May 23, 2015
oh well, I don't expect miracles but the incoming government has a long way to go if the APC wants to stay relevant through coming years.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by egift(m): 4:20pm On May 23, 2015
Sai Buhari all the way!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by AWONEYAN(m): 4:20pm On May 23, 2015
GMB needs a strong courage to take some hard decisions and we must braze up for it.
1. Break oil cabals by exposing subsidy fraud or do away with subsidy.
2. Xray power privatisation and ensure steady power supply.

We never had dis bad. 4.1 trillion as debt, when d previous adm handed over excess and surpluss account to GEJ, He will be handling over excess DEBT to d incoming administration.
What a prodigal son!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by kindnyce(m): 4:20pm On May 23, 2015
BUT I HOPE THE MONEY IS NOT FOR FEEDING ALONE...
JUST LIKE MR C. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by ionsman: 4:20pm On May 23, 2015
If Jonathan had remained for another four years,maybe he would have literally sold off Nigeria. angry

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by kasmail(m): 4:21pm On May 23, 2015
Too long... Someone to pls help me summarize angry angry embarassed

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by seedorfg(m): 4:21pm On May 23, 2015
welldone GMB, we hope for more not a clueless chekpe man
Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by BabaEleko(m): 4:22pm On May 23, 2015
Buhari has given me hope that Nigeria will rise and shine again. Thank you to all of you who voted this man in. Special shout out to all my fellow progressive democrats on this forum. This sleeping giant of Africa is about to wake up and walk again in just a few more days!!!!!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by tunwumi: 4:22pm On May 23, 2015
Booked
Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 23, 2015
I'm starting to find it annoying when party leaders now feel it is their right to tell presidents what to do or announce what they'll do.

Meanwhile it is a good thing that the incoming govt would be spending on sensible things..things that need immediate attention

6 Likes

Re: Buhari To Spend N4.1trillion From First Day As President – Oyegun by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 23, 2015
Seconded at least he wont spend it on buying gold plated iphones

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Salaries Of Politicians & Civil Servants In Nigeria In Hilarious Photo / Dahiru Buba: People Now Mock Me For Trekking From Gombe To Abuja For Buhari / Yoruba Nation: Modupe Onitiri Abiola Declares Secession From Nigeria (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.