Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

JUMIA is Anti Entrpreneural to Nigerian businesses...and pro Chinese - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JUMIA is Anti Entrpreneural to Nigerian businesses...and pro Chinese (394 Views)

Mr President, This Policy Is Anti-People - Wike To Buhari On New Naira (Video) / Goodbye To Nairaland From Tonight. This Is Anti-igbo Website. / Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JUMIA is Anti Entrpreneural to Nigerian businesses...and pro Chinese by pinkcottoncandy: 11:09am On Oct 10, 2020
How is it possible that Jumia is promoting itself as the number 1 e-commerce platform in Nigeria, yet people in Abuja, PH, and other states Cannot sell on the platform(only Lagos residents)...but people from CHINA can sell on Jumia??

They claim logistics is the issue....If this is the case how is Konga accepting sellers from all over Nigeria.

JUMIA has pick up locations in a lot of states... can't these pick up locations also serve as drop off locations?

Someone please educate me... how a Chinese business can easily sell in Nigeria and ship there products zillions if miles to their 9ja customers but a Nigerian business cannot!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: JUMIA is Anti Entrpreneural to Nigerian businesses...and pro Chinese by warrenweste(m): 11:37am On Oct 10, 2020
pinkcottoncandy:
How is it possible that Jumia is promoting itself as the number 1 e-commerce platform in Nigeria, yet people in Abuja, PH, and other states Cannot sell on the platform(only Lagos residents)...but people from CHINA can sell on Jumia??

They claim logistics is the issue....If this is the case how is Konga accepting sellers from all over Nigeria.

JUMIA has pick up locations in a lot of states... can't these pick up locations also serve as drop off locations?

Someone please educate me... how a Chinese business can easily sell in Nigeria and ship there products zillions if miles to their 9ja customers but a Nigerian business cannot!!

In fact the matter tire me..they have collection centres here in Ibadan and use to allow merchants sell during the kaymu days but suddenly cancelled everything

1 Like

Re: JUMIA is Anti Entrpreneural to Nigerian businesses...and pro Chinese by sreamsense: 11:44am On Oct 10, 2020
I beg stop disturbing the peace of the land. If it is easy, go and start your own and overcome weaknesses and limitations you pointed out. They provide what they have capacity to cater for or go and provide money or resolve logistics they pointed out if you want them to extend.

Did you blame PayPal for not extending receival option to Nigeria except to buy? If you are not satisfy, start your own, jumia never stops you. If they fail to meet up now, you will still be the one calling for her head and tag end jumia on social media. You have no point here, you can relocate to Lagos, if you are serious about your business with them or wait till they overcome the limitations. Is not everything you complain about

1 Like

Re: JUMIA is Anti Entrpreneural to Nigerian businesses...and pro Chinese by pinkcottoncandy: 12:31pm On Oct 10, 2020
If you see nothing wrong that someone can sit in his house in China and compete for Nigerian customers and a Nigerian company is helping them to do so....but someone in Abuja or even Ibadan that is a stone throw from Lagos cannot compete....my brother I cannot help you there ooo for you have no sense.

Which logistics problem are you talking about when there are loads of logistics companies everywhere now....that should also drink from the JUMIA cup..

If on their platform they have created a space global sellers and not for local sellers...do you really see nothing wrong?

Do you know how many jobs can be created if local businesses are given opportunity to strive?..

If you have nothing to say why not shut up?

sreamsense:
I beg stop disturbing the peace of the land. If it is easy, go and start your own and overcome weaknesses and limitations you pointed out. They provide what they have capacity to cater for or go and provide money or resolve logistics they pointed out if you want them to extend.

Did you blame PayPal for not extending receival option to Nigeria except to buy? If you are not satisfy, start your own, jumia never stops you. If they fail to meet up now, you will still be the one calling for her head and tag end jumia on social media. You have no point here, you can relocate to Lagos, if you are serious about your business with them or wait till they overcome the limitations. Is not everything you complain about

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

This Is Why The Western World Wants Us To Leave Africa(video) / Why Is Everyone Afraid Of Fulani Herders? - Look At This Reportage / Success Of Buhari Administration From 2015 Till Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.