Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,304 members, 7,867,799 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 01:40 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1389108 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Airpure(f): 4:23pm On Sep 23, 2014
BVNO: All the mum in the house.....Please guide me on this...

Is there something wrong not taken folic acid during early trimester?

Actually, I was advised by my doctor not to take any medication during my trimester. I adhered to his advice.

I later discovered while searching the net, that it is good to take folic acid before and during pregnancy.

However, the reason he gave was that my body contains what the baby need during the first trismester. Now I'm in my second trimester I was giving Pronatal.

Second question

Which milk is good for a pregnant woman?.

I just got Frisomum, I don't know if it's okay.

Note: If this is not the right place to post my concerns, please pardon me .

This is surprising cos most docs will advice u to start taking Folic acid while trying to get preggy. thats my issue with SOME Naija doc . now i just google my symptoms and go to the hospital for second opinion . when i was few weeks pregg i had some slight bleeding after (u guess wat) i went to d hospital n the doc was speaking grammer saying Threatened Abortion and gave me a 28k drug to insert for 7 days on day 1 d bleeding got worst i had to stop. only to ready online that the small bleeding after (U guess wat) is not that abnormal. i never went to the hospital again , didnt take the drug after d first day. So my dear use ur Doc but always ask google too. there is alway some1 asking same questions ad u.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malory84: 4:46pm On Sep 23, 2014
@BVNO I wonder why or doc will tell u that, when women are adviced to start taking folic acid even before pregnancy. Anyway, its not too late to start. pls start taking them right away. About Frisco mum, dont have any idea , but milk is generally good.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by NicoleObi: 5:02pm On Sep 23, 2014
Airpure:

This is surprising cos most docs will advice u to start taking Folic acid while trying to get preggy. thats my issue with SOME Naija doc . now i just google my symptoms and go to the hospital for second opinion . when i was few weeks pregg i had some slight bleeding after (u guess wat) i went to d hospital n the doc was speaking grammer saying Threatened Abortion and gave me a 28k drug to insert for 7 days on day 1 d bleeding got worst i had to stop. only to ready online that the small bleeding after (U guess wat) is not that abnormal. i never went to the hospital again , didnt take the drug after d first day. So my dear use ur Doc but always ask google too. there is alway some1 asking same questions ad u.

I once experience slight bleeding in my previous pregnancy......and the doc recommended a progesterone drug which I inserted for 4 weeks and it helped....and d bleeding stopped....the doc said that the drug helped to make my placenta stronger....I suggest you go to anode good hospital for a 2nd opinion.......
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kykes: 5:05pm On Sep 23, 2014
Airpure:

My Dear its like u n i will be friends from now on ohh. lol.

i think i rather use united for 231k pls wats d no to call

n the bill for Methodist u stated earlier is it all inclusive.

from where m staying to methodist sugarland is 14mins

Distance to St Joseph is 25mins

so m still weighing my options

Hiya....lol
I just called methodist sugarland. What's ur email so I can forward what they sent to me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by gianni(f): 5:35pm On Sep 23, 2014
Hello everyone. Would you advise one to apply for a visa at 31weeks? I know the chances are slim but I'm hoping to hear about some exceptional cases. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MissG(f): 6:13pm On Sep 23, 2014
dROC1: Some serious grilling here

As in *phew*
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 6:18pm On Sep 23, 2014
I also noticed lots of posters have been quiet on this thread and I suspect you are all waiting for MIHS to lift embargo abi? . grin. God is watching all of you via 3D. Make una no book am finish when they lift it,leave small remain.

@meine no b only Mayo na Cedar Sinai we go deposit money!
This MIHS embargo has caused many things... Nairaland poppas and mommas don quiet dey wait Oct 1, Nothing do us o my people when one door shuts suddenly another go open. In the mean time enjoy ur evening guys kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 6:40pm On Sep 23, 2014
Lol.

Y'all should come to the borders a.k.a El Paso.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 23, 2014
MerryMom: Lol.
Y'all should come to the borders a.k.a El Paso.

No way! Not where "illegal Mexicans" go to have their babies. tongue grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malory84: 6:55pm On Sep 23, 2014
[quote author=Phema]

No way! Not where "illegal Mexicans" go to have their babies. tongue grin[/

Is this sacarsm or are you for real?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 23, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 23, 2014
malory84: Is this sacarsm or are you for real?

Did you notice its in quote?

Just jonzing. A VO in Lag infered that.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 7:18pm On Sep 23, 2014
Lmao @ MIHS embargo. Anyway, we are people of "the border". Our fellow border mates,we dey hail o! The borders rock,no time for embargo or long reviews. grin

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Gracydee(f): 7:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
Hello Everyone,

Please is there anybody in the house that has given birth in Denver, Colorado before. I need information what the cost is like over there. I will also appreciate referralson hospital and doctors.

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 7:25pm On Sep 23, 2014
Actually, I was advised by my doctor not to take any medication during my trimester. I adhered to his advice.
I later discovered while searching the net, that it is good to take folic acid before and during pregnancy.

Folic acid is good to take prior to and during pregnancy. This is a fairly standard fact.

What I can bet your doctor meant, was taking certain drugs that may be harmful to your growing baby.

It is possible that it is a case of misinterpretation, let's not bash the doc yet.

My 2 cents, before we are accused of derailing the thread
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 7:41pm On Sep 23, 2014
Gracydee: Hello Everyone,
Please is there anybody in the house that has given birth in Denver, Colorado before.
God bless your hustle my sister,I for follow this Waka but colorado far small . The only thing I know about colorado is that dem dey call am "The Centennial State". Just chill better people will soon show with correct information some of them don waka reach Singapore,Alabama infact birthing waka plenty. But if nothing dey,make you join us for border.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 7:42pm On Sep 23, 2014
@Tvegas, I hail o! @Phema will soon port, don't worry. grin

The "Embargo" will soon be lifted and the reviews will tell. Lol

By that time, we won't be taking deflected members from the MIHS party, they will have to go to Cedar Sinai grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 7:50pm On Sep 23, 2014
MerryMom: @Tvegas, I hail o!
By that time, we won't be taking deflected members from the MIHS party, they will have to go to Cedar Sinai grin
I hail my sister, border life is the best. It's true that some posters have been quiet on this thread because of that embargo but I won't mention names. grin Dont worry,we are putting the border on a lockdown soon.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 7:57pm On Sep 23, 2014
Tvegas: Lmao @ MIHS embargo. Anyway, we are people of "the border". Our fellow border mates,we dey hail o! The borders rock,no time for embargo or long reviews. grin

Make una beg MIHS to soft pedal o. Cant wait for the bill sef. I'm looking at sugarland also. Why don't these docs post their email online?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 7:59pm On Sep 23, 2014
Tvegas: Lmao @ MIHS embargo. Anyway, we are people of "the border". Our fellow border mates,we dey hail o! The borders rock,no time for embargo or long reviews. grin

Chai, and I been get appointment in MIHS for Oct 6th.
Who wan buy? Jst collect my name and passport!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malory84: 8:04pm On Sep 23, 2014
[quote author=Phema]

Did you notice its in quote?

Just jonzing. A VO in Lag infered that.

Oh really, guess I missed that part on the thread. was wondering were it came from. lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 8:05pm On Sep 23, 2014
nefertitiram:
Chai, and I been get appointment in MIHS for Oct 6th.
Who wan buy? Jst collect my name and passport!
Queen Nef, i dey hail o. Na to dey sell appointment and space remain, Naija no dey carry last.
raii:
Make una beg MIHS to soft pedal o. Cant wait for the bill sef. I'm looking at sugarland also. Why don't these docs post their email online?
Una don dey show face small small, dont worry my church get prayer request box,I will just write "MIHS" in a piece of paper and drop it for una on sunday. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 23, 2014
I'm heart broken! All my plans don scatter cry angry

I can't keep this news to myself. MIHS has made known the new package plan. I just spoke with them now. My fingers cannot type the reviewed price.

You guys should call them on +1 (602) 344-1015.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 8:36pm On Sep 23, 2014
Oooook ooo MIHS well done! Frm 2888 to 5400 Haba! Deris God oooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by naijamumcarephx(f): 8:37pm On Sep 23, 2014
Hello everyone, I came by MIH today. I was told that the new MIH rates are $5400 for normal delivery and $6500 for CS. They added an additional visit for the baby to the Maternity Package.
The lady said that they are honoring old rates for people who have already booked their first appointments till December.
She said that people can now book appointments at the new rate.
They will have information on their website soon.
Hope this helps people trying to make a decision about MIH.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 8:40pm On Sep 23, 2014
see as thread full grin grin grin

MHIS you have broken hearts o... #teamhouston grin

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 8:44pm On Sep 23, 2014

However, the reason he gave was that my body contains what the baby need during the first trismester. Now I'm in my second trimester I was giving Pronatal.

Second question

Which milk is good for a pregnant woman?.

I just got Frisomum, I don't know if it's okay.

Note: If this is not the right place to post my concerns, please pardon me .

That is NONSENSE as far as i am concerned!!!b

Why won’t your doctor advice you to take folic acid. Did he carry out a blood test to ascertain you have enough folic acid in your system. i also remember reading somewhere that folic acid helps in the formation of baby`s spinal cord which develops in the first trimester, moreover you should take taking folic acid immediately you start planning on taking in or immediate you take in.

My dear, start taking your folic acid now and after first trimester you take both folic acid and calcium, i don’t need to be a doctor to prescribe that....

it’s because of doctors like this that many people run to other developed country for better medical services.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 23, 2014
naijamumcarephx:
The lady said that they are honoring old rates for people who have already booked their first appointments till December.
She said that people can now book appointments at the new rate.

Are you sure they said that? Did you go there physically or you called them?

I asked and they specifically said that even people with old appointments will pay the new price.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ajoke01: 8:49pm On Sep 23, 2014
@ ajoke01 aww! You are in Atlanta too, so are you using north side or gwinnett. One of us here just put to bed at gwinnett last week and she was raving about the services,..... I'm sure she would share when she's fully settled.
[/quote]

I went for my appointment at Northpointe obgyn yesterday o, doctor was ok. I am still very confused cos I just got the total hospital estimates from Northside hospital today. for normal delivery,one day postpartum stay, mothers bill and newborn- 3640, epidural-1040, obgyn-2500.The C/S cost, mothers bill and newborn-6420 Anesthesia- 2400, obgyn- 3200. So I may go to Gwinnett if I will be having C/S.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 8:57pm On Sep 23, 2014
Come to the border town aka elpaso because we are closing the border in the next 48hrs. Decide now before we review our rates too.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by zeezahbee(f): 8:58pm On Sep 23, 2014
kykes:

Yes its methodist sugarland. U can call dr. Le's office on 281-499-4999 ask for Claudia. Abeg if u get a cheaper deal with them lemme know.
I called Claudia on bhalf of my sister in law and for womanly birth is 2500dollars
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 9:00pm On Sep 23, 2014
MIHS breaking hearts since american independence 1776 cry shocked. Sorry my people,God will provide the extra funds. I dedicate the song "Hopeful" by twista and faith evans to everyone waiting for this review. All other requests Should be sent to Dj Lizcom25. Love you guys and goodnight.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (402)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.