Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,305 members, 7,867,804 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 01:57 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1389109 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 9:03pm On Sep 23, 2014
To close the matter oya people na to carry our bags dey go border remain now so cos cab fares,high accomodation rates and all dey make my appointment for MIHS stand on one leg! Border peeps I don dey port small small
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by zeezahbee(f): 9:07pm On Sep 23, 2014
kykes:

Hiya....lol
I just called methodist sugarland. What's ur email so I can forward what they sent to me.
kindly forward the email to me as well email : doublecrown007 at yahoo. com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malory84: 9:12pm On Sep 23, 2014
Ha ha ha. You guys are all welcome to join the border crew. "were do broken hearts go" ? lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 23, 2014
malory84: Ha ha ha. You guys are all welcome to join the border crew. "were do broken hearts go" ? lol

Now, I feel like killing you angry grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by naijamumcarephx(f): 9:15pm On Sep 23, 2014
Phema:

Are you sure they said that? Did you go there physically or you called them?

I asked and they specifically said that even people with old appointments will pay the new price.

Yes I was there with another mum who had her financial appointment today.
Sometimes the customer service reps can be confused. You may need to call twice to get the right information. This came from the lady who takes care of the financials which is usually the first appointment.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malory84: 9:17pm On Sep 23, 2014
But on a lighter note, its almost the same price with elpaso. only that elpaso flight tickets are higher coz the place far no be small. almost 5hours from NYC. So Mihs is still OK, u just have to upgrade your bugdet.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 23, 2014
naijamumcarephx:
Yes I was there with another mum who had her financial appointment today.
Sometimes the customer service reps can be confused. You may need to call twice to get the right information. This came from the lady who takes care of the financials which is usually the first appointment.

How I wish this is actually true. Each representative tend to say something different. Called another number now and the lady apparently didn't even know that the new maternity plan was out. Said I should call back on Oct 1st as that is when they will know the new plan.

In my mind I just said "see this one dey inside river and soap still dey enter her eye" grin

Confused lot! angry

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by zeezahbee(f): 9:33pm On Sep 23, 2014
hello, abeg who get sample of spreadsheet that you took to the embassy for visa. pleas I need it urgently because my sister in law is going for her interview soon.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 23, 2014
zeezahbee: hello, abeg who get sample of spreadsheet that you took to the embassy for visa. pleas I need it urgently because my sister in law is going for her interview soon.

I posted a sample some pages back. Go check it out.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Alubosa: 9:45pm On Sep 23, 2014
Tvegas: MIHS breaking hearts since 1776 cry shocked. Sorry my people,God will provide the extra funds. I dedicate the song "Hopeful" by twista and faith evans to everyone waiting for this review. All other requests Should be sent to Dj Lizcom25. Love you guys and goodnight.

Phema:

malory84: Ha ha ha. You guys are all welcome to join the border crew. "were do broken hearts go" ? lol

U guys are cracking me up grin Can't stop laughing. It's painful tho'. That's roughly $3,000 unplanned increase!!!. Hell no! This would distort alota ppl's plan

Doctoresparati and APC should be blamed for the increment. grin

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 9:56pm On Sep 23, 2014
@alubosa: am just laughing ooooo...APC ke? Na wao better decamp now
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 9:57pm On Sep 23, 2014
[quote author=malory84]But on a lighter note, its almost the same price with elpaso. only that elpaso flight tickets are higher coz the place far no be small. almost 5hours from NYC. So Mihs is still OK, u just have to upgrade your bugdet

Malory El paso tickets are cheaper than Pheonix o! I checked ystdy and was shocked. Dunno what today rates may be .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kykes: 9:58pm On Sep 23, 2014
zeezahbee: I called Claudia on bhalf of my sister in law and for womanly birth is 2500dollars

Cool. Is your SIL having just one baby? Maybe that's why it's 2500.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 9:58pm On Sep 23, 2014
How far is El Paso from Atlanta?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 10:05pm On Sep 23, 2014
Border don dey close o. El Paso 2 chance remaining! Oya wole pelu $5410 e oh. grin

Ok, see you 2moro peeps. I need to sleep grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 10:06pm On Sep 23, 2014
kykes:

Hiya....lol
I just called methodist sugarland. What's ur email so I can forward what they sent to me.

pls fwd to me too at indecentone@gmail.com.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 23, 2014
Abeg, make I go sleep. Hopefully, MIHS go change their mind by the time I wake up tommorow. grin

Goodnight everyone. kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 10:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
Phema:

But it is still cheaper than El Pason na!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 23, 2014
Y'all are a hilarious bunch. Pele to our dear Mihs peeps ehn...chai! That means say man pipkin must go reconfirm him accommodation reservation for Intown suites o, because I envisage porting enmasse action to Elpaso now o! On a more serious note tho, it is well with all our plans by God's grace, may He direct us a all and bring all to fruition. #ItWillEndInPraise!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Virtuousdiva: 10:29pm On Sep 23, 2014
MerryMom: Border don dey close o. El Paso 2 chance remaining! Oya wole pelu $5410 e oh. grin

Ok, see you 2moro peeps. I need to sleep grin

MerryMom,when are you traveling please?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 10:36pm On Sep 23, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 10:38pm On Sep 23, 2014
smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 10:39pm On Sep 23, 2014
My job wont be complete tonight without this track. Pay attention to Tetuila's opening speech, my MIHS people take am shaky body,e go better cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LhCcOXsN0g

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 10:49pm On Sep 23, 2014
Wait o!
So this our El Paso / MIHS battle has become a full scale war!
Oh boy! PDP and APC didn't come on this strong!

Anyways, I am still team MIHS, but please let's be researching for cheaper options o! Cheaper hospitals supposed de US, we must overcome! Can someone check out Tucson Medical Centre in Arizona too, I hear they have maternity packages.
Many hospitals have discounts of up to 40% for self pay patients.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 10:50pm On Sep 23, 2014
smiley

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 11:03pm On Sep 23, 2014
sayoberry:

my feet is even is Houston already.
meanwhile I've sent so many mails to so many hospitals that when I get a reply I can't tell from which hospital it is from.
I'm searching for the cchhheeeaaapppeeesstttt hospital I can get.
Dr fagbohun is still the cheapest when I calculated.
west Houston- just sent one mail I don't understand
gwinnette-no go area
doctoresparati-no chance for vagainal delivery
Dr William oduro- I don't know the name of the hospital
pack land abi Wetin d name-Singapore hospital grin
unknown mail from a hospital- maybe scam
I think Dr oduro is north metro....

I no know sef.
I'm contacting Dr sugar land today to confirm that 2700 @kykes told me. if its true ehn....
to born two na work!!

You can try Parklands in Dallas, they have discounts but I hear say na gbogbo ero! Una fit be 5 inside delivery room!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by toitoi: 11:19pm On Sep 23, 2014
Ahaaa Mihs no be joke ooo from 2888 to 5400 I want to throw up, you don scatter my tummy. Please mihs mama's if you find affordable price better than this let me know.i dont know where to start doing my research. May God bless us.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by zeezahbee(f): 12:07am On Sep 24, 2014
Phema:

I posted a sample some pages back. Go check it out.
thanks phema grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by iykmon: 1:21am On Sep 24, 2014
Phema: Morning everyone. Please MIHS mamas, who has used Phoenix as her POE with BA? How did it go? Are the CBPs nice?

I'm thinking of going with BA and using Phoenix as my POE. I just want to have an idea of what to expect.

@phema flying with BA to the states may require a transit VISA . I am sure of this. My colleague hard to change his flight because of this Uk border authority demand for transit VISA. But do your inquiry properly before booking BA.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ogbenyalu: 1:54am On Sep 24, 2014
@ikymom u do not need a transit visa to fly BA to the US. I just flew BA to the US a few weeks back I even changed from terminal 3 to terminal 5 to catch my connecting flight, apart from the normal security check nobody will even ask for your passport talkless of transit visa.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 4:10am On Sep 24, 2014
ajoke01: @ ajoke01

I went for my appointment at Northpointe obgyn yesterday o, doctor was ok. I am still very confused cos I just got the total hospital estimates from Northside hospital today. for normal delivery,one day postpartum stay, mothers bill and newborn- 3640, epidural-1040, obgyn-2500.The C/S cost, mothers bill and newborn-6420 Anesthesia- 2400, obgyn- 3200. So I may go to Gwinnett if I will be having C/S.

Atlanta hosps will do that to you, for Gwinette it is Normal Vaginal delivery estimated charges for a two day stay can be from $4,000.00 to $6,000.00. C-Section estimated charge is $10,000 to $12,000.00. Estimate includes baby’s nursery charges, estimated cost for baby’s nursery charges can be $1,000 - $1,500.
If you are uninsured. You will receive a 40% discount for services if paid before the first 30 days. A 30% discount if paid before 60 days and a 20% discount if paid before 90 days. If you are unable to take advantage of discounts, you can make payment arrangements in our Patient Accounts Department by calling 678-312-5600.
Anesthesiologists will bill you separately and they have flat rates if paid up front, you can call directly to: American Anesthesiology # is 866-507-5244.
Referral line for OB-Gyn Doctors is 678-312-5000. Doctors have different care packages for prenatal care.
Epidural is 500usd if you prepay and 1200 if you decide to use during labour and delivery.
Obgyn (dr Oduro) is 2150 excludes labs, circumsicion (250)
I think dr soyoola is 1800 (I have not called his office personally, but I read that quote from here somewhere)

Emory midtown is :,
The estimated global fee for Prenatal Care and Vaginal Delivery is $8,136. The estimated global fee for Prenatal Care and Caesarean Section Delivery is $8,991. These fees assume a normal progression of pregnancy; including a routine number of pregnancy related visits, the physician delivery fee and post-partum six week follow up visit.
Financial arrangements available for quoted vaginal delivery pricing of $8,136 are as follows:
▪ A 35% discount will be given if the full discounted amount of $5,288.40 paid at the initial visit. (This represents a savings of $2,847.60 in overall cost.)
▪ If you are unable to pay in full, a 50% deposit of $4,068 is required at your initial visit.
▪ If paying in installments, the second installment of $2,034 is required at 24 weeks gestation. The final installment of $2,034 is required at 32 weeks gestation, or prior to a scheduled delivery date.

Piedmont is :
The prices are for services rendered to mom and baby for a Normal Delivery.
Charges associated with Normal Delivery but not limited to:
• Labor & Delivery
• Room & Board
• Labs
• Operating Room & Supplies
The prices are as follows:
$3500​VAGINAL DELIVERY ​TWO NIGHT STAY
$5500​CESAREAN DELIVERY ​THREE NIGHT STAY
The above charges do NOT include any of the following fees:
• Physicians Fees (Obstetrician, Anesthesiologists, Pediatrician, Neonatologist)
• Intermediate and/or Neonatal Intensive Care
• Newborn Hearing Screening
This form must be presented and all payments are due by the seventh month of pregnancy.

Emory John creek: is 3900 and 5900 vaginal and CS plus 2&3 days stay in hospital respectively , it excludes physician, pediatric visits, labs, anesthesia,labs, et al......

There are more hosps in the Atlanta area sha oh! That you can mail and call or visit for inquiries so you can make an informed decision.

Take care babes

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 4:28am On Sep 24, 2014
iykmon:

@phema flying with BA to the states may require a transit VISA . I am sure of this. My colleague hard to change his flight because of this Uk border authority demand for transit VISA. But do your inquiry properly before booking BA.

That's if you are changing airports e.g from heathrow to gatwick for your connecting flight or if you are in transist for longer hours > 5hrs I think. Call and email B.A to confirm abeg.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (402)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.