Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,358 members, 7,868,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 09:43 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1389186 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 24, 2014
GenoMI: Ok sorry, how could I have forgotten grin
I got accommodation for a total of $1,600 per month including feeding and transportation for hospital visits and shopping - it's a Nigerian lady that offers this as a service to preggy's, she is the one my friend used earlier this year.

That's about $3,200 + $5,500 (total hosp bill) = $8,800. Not bad. . . Flights to Atl aint so pricey.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 24, 2014
Whoa!!! i feel like crying MIHS don do me strong thing, i was working on a tight budget was thinking @ worse $3,500 not dat whopping addition. i almost booked for my flight yesterday. God dey have got just about 3weeks left to hustle, am am sad, i hope things work out for me, if not na to decide naija things ooh, and hope for a safe delivery. wish everyone well.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 24, 2014
Babymama123: Whoa!!! i feel like crying MIHS don do me strong thing, i was working on a tight budget was thinking @ worse $3,500 not dat whopping addition. i almost booked for my flight yesterday. God dey have got just about 3weeks left to hustle, am am sad, i hope things work out for me, if not na to decide naija things ooh, and hope for a safe delivery. wish everyone well.

Aaaawww. No one on this forum will be doing Naija things abeg. E never reach like that.

When do you intend travelling? PM me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 9:39am On Sep 24, 2014
Exactly, not soo bad. Though I haven't booked yet, ticket to Atlanta via United for the period I intend to travel is currently N231,000

Phema:

That's about $3,200 + $5,500 (total hosp bill) = $8,800. Not bad. . . Flights to Atl aint so pricey.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 9:40am On Sep 24, 2014
LMAO!! All these Lits and debate shildren!! We are convinced o that there are other options..this is no badt at all..
Meanwhile, Me I am an optimist.. I am holding on to the ray of what someone said that the old price still stands for those with appointment till December.. I might still go there sha based on their review of VBAC as well.. Hopefully, them go reward those who kept to their appointment..
Phema, don't mind the El paso clans o, all these threats you people are sharing, there is God o!! If not, na NJ i go stay jeje!!
Bro oawale, how is the fam? Kindly help us embark on a charitable journey to MIHS to confirm if the old price stays the same for those with appt..
Taink u (in mama pepe's voice)I promise, I will bring garri Ijebu for u when I am coming grin smiley
GenoMI: Cheiii @ MIHS mamas, I sympathise with you grin grin grin grin, but don't worry God dey. For those looking for other options apart from the Border Town (I hail una border people oo), why not look into Gwinnett (in Atlanta) also? This is a summary of the costs I have so far:

1. Hospital Fees: $2,400 - $3,600 after discount if you pay within 30 days (40% discount)

2. Dr Fees: Dr Oduro- $2,100
Dr Soyoola - $2,475 (this was after I used all my power to price from $2,675 grin grin)
Gwinnett group of OBGYN's - $1,800

I called last week. They asked me to fax over my medical records which I am yet to do and I will keep the house posted once I do.

All in all, you can use Gwinnett for an uncomplicated delivery for approximately $4,200 - $4,875 depending on the obgyn used.
My friend who delivered there says to budget less than $500 for paediatrician and about $250 max for circumcision.

With these few points of mine, I hope I have been able to convince you and not confuse you that we have other options too grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 9:41am On Sep 24, 2014
Aww @Babymama123, don't give up like @Phema said, let's keep looking and hope someone will find something that will work with your budget sad

Babymama123: Whoa!!! i feel like crying MIHS don do me strong thing, i was working on a tight budget was thinking @ worse $3,500 not dat whopping addition. i almost booked for my flight yesterday. God dey have got just about 3weeks left to hustle, am am sad, i hope things work out for me, if not na to decide naija things ooh, and hope for a safe delivery. wish everyone well.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kykes: 9:42am On Sep 24, 2014
Airpure: Hi Peeps,

So i also called Methodist Sugarland last night and asked for a package for cash paying patients and they adviced as stated below

1.V- Delivery - 2530 for 48 hrs stay
Epidural - 1,500 (a must for me)

2.CS Delivery - 3,780
Epidural - 1500

this is minus Doc Fee

she kept saying its just for Delivery and its covers baby n mother.so i am actually afraid of hidden cost.

let me knw peeps if u got anything different

There are no hidden cost. The prices only cover delivery n 2 to 3 days stay. According to the financial counsellor, anesthesia is 1500, circumcision is 102.63. U have to get a peadatrician by ur self but I'm sure ur dr. Can arrange that for u. I hear dr. Le does circumcision so u might not have to do it with the hospital. The extra costs may vary depending on if u go thru ur dr. Or thru the hospital that's y they only give u a quote for the fixed prices.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 9:43am On Sep 24, 2014
grin grin grin grin @twizzie na d thing wey MIHS do NL mama's cause lit and debate o grin grin grin

twizzie: LMAO!! All these Lits and debate shildren!! We are convinced o that there are other options..this is no badt at all..
Meanwhile, Me I am an optimist.. I am holding on to the ray of what someone said that the old price still stands for those with appointment till December.. I might still go there sha based on their review of VBAC as well.. Hopefully, them go reward those who kept to their appointment..
Phema, don't mind the El paso clans o, all these threats you people are sharing, there is God o!! If not, na NJ i go stay jeje!!
Bro oawale, how is the fam? Kindly help us embark on a charitable journey to MIHS to confirm if the old price stays the same for those with appt..
Taink u (in mama pepe's voice)I promise, I will bring garri Ijebu for u when I am coming grin smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 24, 2014
GenoMI: Wow @Jaejae, thanks very much for all the info o, you have done a lot of work there. Have you decided which hospital you will be using?

I spoke to Dr. Soyoola recently and he said the best he could from his original quote of $2,675 was to come down to $2,475 undecided , $200 pere!
And he also said I need to do a deposit of $1,500 (and I should include $200 to cover bank charges if transferring from outside the US).

But someone else on this thread advised me to look into using one of the obgyn's attached to Gwinnett itself as the price is a lot cheaper at $1,800 and I have spoken to them but have been asked to fax over some documents. I will keep everyone posted.

I settled for gwinnett oh! Though I was initially turn btw it and emory midtown as emory is closer to where I am at, and as for dr Oduro office they will say you have to pay on/b4 one is 37weeks. I didn't call dr soyoola @ all but I called some other doctors' with gwinnett also and Oduro was like the cheapest for me at the time. Both soyoola and Oduro are attached to Gwinnett also sha oh! Cos I looked them up on the hosp website- that's another way you can know a doc's and get their contact details or you call the hospital directly and they would help out with those closet to your zip code.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by folusho2001: 9:51am On Sep 24, 2014
GenoMI: Ok sorry, how could I have forgotten grin

I got accommodation for a total of $1,600 per month including feeding and transportation for hospital visits and shopping - it's a Nigerian lady that offers this as a service to preggy's, she is the one my friend used earlier this year.

cycle

Pls location pls? is ds houston? and wats d name of d facility pls
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Airpure(f): 9:59am On Sep 24, 2014
kykes:

There are no hidden cost. The prices only cover delivery n 2 to 3 days stay. According to the financial counsellor, anesthesia is 1500, circumcision is 102.63. U have to get a peadatrician by ur self but I'm sure ur dr. Can arrange that for u. I hear dr. Le does circumcision so u might not have to do it with the hospital. The extra costs may vary depending on if u go thru ur dr. Or thru the hospital that's y they only give u a quote for the fixed prices.

Ok not bad but St Joseph still cheaper .please what is DR Le's full name so i can check the reveiws . male or Female ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 10:01am On Sep 24, 2014
Tvegas: Queen Nef, i dey hail o. Na to dey sell appointment and space remain, Naija no dey carry last. Una don dey show face small small, dont worry my church get prayer request box,I will just write "MIHS" in a piece of paper and drop it for una on sunday. cheesy

Lolll. That border don dey call my name o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 10:01am On Sep 24, 2014
Oh ok kool. Yes both Oduro and Soyoola are on Gwinnett website but they have their separate practices and just use Gwinnett is what I mean. Soyoola's practice is called Olan Comprehensive Women's Healthcare and Oduro's is called North Metro Womens Healthcare[/b].

Checkout the group of Gwinnetts Physicians group obgyn's out here: http://physicians.gwinnettmedicalcenter.org/Results?index=1&practices=100

Jaejae:

I settled for gwinnett oh! Though I was initially turn btw it and emory midtown as emory is closer to where I am at, and as for dr Oduro office they will say you have to pay on/b4 one is 37weeks. I didn't call dr soyoola @ all but I called some other doctors' with gwinnett also and Oduro was like the cheapest for me at the time. Both soyoola and Oduro are attached to Gwinnett also sha oh! Cos I looked them up on the hosp website- that's another way you can know a doc's and get their contact details or you call the hospital directly and they would help out with those closet to your zip code.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 10:02am On Sep 24, 2014
No this accommodation I got in Atlanta. The hospital I plan to use is Gwinnett Medical Centre.

folusho2001: cycle

Pls location pls? is ds houston? and wats d name of d facility pls
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 10:04am On Sep 24, 2014
naijamumcarephx: Hello everyone, I came by MIH today. I was told that the new MIH rates are $5400 for normal delivery and $6500 for CS. They added an additional visit for the baby to the Maternity Package.
The lady said that they are honoring old rates for people who have already booked their first appointments till December.
She said that people can now book appointments at the new rate.
They will have information on their website soon.
Hope this helps people trying to make a decision about MIH.

Mihs o. Ah ah diaris God o. $5400 ke. El paso here I come.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 10:07am On Sep 24, 2014
Phema:

Now, I feel like killing you angry grin

Honestly. Yimu all you border people. I would still apply for visa using miHs but I am so porting once I land. Hope that is allowed?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 10:09am On Sep 24, 2014
LOL. So on top $2888, una dey plan to collect $250 rebate again? Why them no go review price. grin Una harsh no be small, una no want make doctor and nurse chop for Christmas?

Hahahahahahahaha.

To be honest and jokes apart, Ok, I'm actually praying they (MIHS) honor old appointments/rates at least till December so we don't experience mass exodus to the border. grin CNN fit carry that news.

@Tvegas, e be like say we go start passport and visa officers for anyone wey wan enter el paso now. Border don close, na to start immmigration process for people. Visa fee is $2000, contact me for detals. grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Freshface: 10:14am On Sep 24, 2014
Chei! My enemies shall not get me! MIHS Maka yyyy? I don buy dat kind expensive ticket finish only to hear dat d hosp fee dat is supposed to be consolation no worth am? Habatically! Jesus please fix this! cry I'm paying 2888 with 250 rebate (#in Phema's voice)! I believe! I'll keep saying it, won't stop saying it!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 10:16am On Sep 24, 2014
Tvegas: Morning guys, just to state that there is no war between the hospitals o. We are just trying to make light of a disappointing review and to encourage our brethren. God knows I was also waiting for that reviewgrin. GEJ must go for this sha, na so he take cancel our fuel subsidy.

NB: To serious matters,information reaching us says a massive crowd led by Phema, Raii,MadameU,and Toitoi have been trying to cross our border since 5am this morning. We need charitable citizens of the border to help with crowd control and passport inspection.
@Phema, there is no lapping please join the queue. Thanks as you comply.

Tvegas as much as I'm annoyed. Your post just cracked me up. Okay, MIHS mamas we need to restrategise. Based on previous posts and my googling, sights are on methodist sugarland, oakbend and recently st Joseph's.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 10:16am On Sep 24, 2014
grin grin grin grin @ maka yyyy?? You got me CRACKING up!!!

Freshface: Chei! My enemies shall not get me! MIHS Maka yyyy? I don buy dat kind expensive ticket finish only to hear dat d hosp fee dat is supposed to be consolation no worth am? Habatically! Jesus please fix this! cry I'm paying 2888 with 250 rebate (#in Phema's voice)! I believe! I'll keep saying it, won't stop saying it!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 10:20am On Sep 24, 2014
iykmon:

@phema flying with BA to the states may require a transit VISA . I am sure of this. My colleague hard to change his flight because of this Uk border authority demand for transit VISA. But do your inquiry properly before booking BA.

Not true. I flew Virgin to NY via London without a transit visa last year. As long as you don't leave the airport, you don't need a transit visa.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kingsdaughter: 10:38am On Sep 24, 2014
@MIHS na wa o ..even me sef don dey campaign for house say as soon as I carry na MIHS. After I have been corrected several times about the pronunciation of 'phoenix' like say na exam. They have finally used price to scatter my plans. God pass them Border town pple more refugees are on the way.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 11:08am On Sep 24, 2014
sayoberry:

Lol. but the price will just sky rocket once they know its twins. all the hospitals I checked have good prices for one baby. but for two the price ranges from $8500 to $10000. only Dr fagbohun is a little less than 8000 when i did calculations.

meanwhile, all these adopted el paso mamas re making me laugh so hard. stay with mihs na
I would have loved to use doctores pa rati too. if not for their decision that I must do C.S by force. sad and me i no wan do.
@kykes I sent you personal mail.

@phema.... Lol at the general hospital style grin

Well, I also never wanted CS birth too o! But CS is not so bad. It actually did save my life, I had complications from nowhere and they had to do Emergency CS for me to save my life (twin pregnancy too).
My next babies will be CS jare! In less than 30mins it was over, by even you should be walking around again.
My advise is, take doctores parati. Any my dear, please rest very well with your twin pregnancy. I stressed myself a lot, was driving, going to work mainland to islandeveryday, even when I was physically drained, I pushed myself, finally had complications and lost them at 7mths. if you can take your mat leave from 6mths please do, and stay at home to watch af magic yoruba. grin
You can also leave for US by 6mths and shop around for a hosp to use. Show them the cash! They like cash payment. Someone helping me then said Parklands in dallas will not be more than $5k of you negotiate well.

Best of luck darlyn, dont' stress too much bout these things, CS is the safest way to deliver, esp multiples.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 11:12am On Sep 24, 2014
Someone should call Tucson Medical Center in Arizona, I hear they are gangsta too.

Chicago hosps too have some gangsta prices, I no get power to do this research.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 11:18am On Sep 24, 2014
Anybody got info on memorial hermann in houston.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 11:32am On Sep 24, 2014
kykes:

Hiya....lol
I just called methodist sugarland. What's ur email so I can forward what they sent to me.

Nice, I guess it really depends on who you speak to.

I called and they said they don't give out correspondence...

Please can you also forward to anonymousmom2014@gmail.com?

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 12:00pm On Sep 24, 2014
@ Phema cool down sis! Na houston the lady dey cover. I novva get infos on Atlanta.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 12:11pm On Sep 24, 2014
smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 12:27pm On Sep 24, 2014
@raii Memorial Hermman is close to 8k. I tried to use them too but I respected my salary. grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shelly23: 12:32pm On Sep 24, 2014
Someone mentioned it to me and I've been trying to get info, but their website isn't loading so I can't get numbers. Will keep you posted if I get any info.

I also plan to call Texas Children's Hospital (Women's Pavillion) to get their costs.

I was planning to go to Florida before, but the estimates i'm getting are not encouraging at all, so i'm slowly leaning towards Houston.

raii: Anybody got info on memorial hermann in houston.

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (402)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.