Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1380263 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 1:08pm On Dec 11, 2014
@All

Please lets avoid promoting/recommending doctoresparati here, they are an agency and letter from them are not taken seriously at the embassy.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nita2013: 1:15pm On Dec 11, 2014
Same thing happened to me. I called Emirates and did the following. I sent a copy of my old data page, a copy of my new data page, marriage certificate, affidavit of name change and newspaper publication to them by fax. They do not accept email with attachments aas they said it can't be opened by them. It's either u send these documents by fax or u go to their website,n under d help section u upload these documents but note that d size of each doc to upload must not exceed 100kb and I think u can only upload 3 documents at a time thus u ll have to upload d remaining in another request.

Once this is done they ll change it immediately

[quote author=Snowles post=28783674][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 11, 2014
Snowles:

Thanks for your response! Name change due to marriage can only be done in Abuja. Got a contact in Abuja, went there, and for a fee he collected my documents, got approval, called me later for capture and i picked up my passports by noon the following day. There was lots of waiting involved sha. Cheers!
it can be done in Lagos now once there's evidence of marriage and proper documentation, newspaper announcements and the rest, walk into any immigration office or call the person you know, I went to the alausa passport office for that 2 weeks ago and they told me that.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babatwi: 1:34pm On Dec 11, 2014
Dzizz:
Hi folks. Been a while I came here. Currently in Dallas and using JPS. Been good so far but u gotta ask if ur package covers every needle prick. Lol. Just waiting the arrival of my LO. Please does anyone know a Dr who does circumcision around here for a reduced rate? Pls help a sis. Temmytanny abeg your input will be appreciated. Thanks

For the circumcision,you can check this jewish rabi's website,he is based in the dallas area www.easycircumcision.com

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 1:34pm On Dec 11, 2014
Snowles:

Thanks for your response! Name change due to marriage can only be done in Abuja. Got a contact in Abuja, went there, and for a fee he collected my documents, got approval, called me later for capture and i picked up my passports by noon the following day. There was lots of waiting involved sha. Cheers!

Pls can I have the contact? Or is it personal? Also what documents did u show?
Since I will be in Atlanta, can I also do it at the Nigerian Embassy there?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kingsdaughter: 1:43pm On Dec 11, 2014
chloe7:
it can be done in Lagos now once there's evidence of marriage and proper documentation, newspaper announcements and the rest, walk into any immigration office or call the person you know, I went to the alausa passport office for that 2 weeks ago and they told me that.

Are you serious? I have been holding on to the passport with my maiden name for 5 yrs now simply because I cant imagine myself booking ticket, risking my life, wasting my money to change the surname on my passport when it is not like the name is biting me on the passport where it is.

That would be a welcome development o cos honestly, I have vowed that if they don't decentralize this thing na so I go dey renew passport each time it expires or I run out of pages.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by najalady86: 1:55pm On Dec 11, 2014
Hi Everyone. I have been following this thread for a while now without commenting. I got my visa this morning in Lagos thanks to all the valuable information i got from this forum. I want to say a big thank you to everyone that has selflessly contributed to this forum.

My interview went as follows;
VO: are you here alone? shouldn't there be others?
Me: No, I am here with my husband, baby and mum (My husband was trying to carry my son who was sleeping on my mum,s lap. They wasted a little bit of time so I got to the interview window before them)
After they arrived, we continued.
VO: So whats the relationship between every body as i see different surnames?
Me: (started pointing to every one) This is my Husband, that's our baby, and then My Mum. The surname on my passport is my maiden name as I was not married when i got the passport.
VO: so is everyone traveling to the US?
Me: Yes. I am going to have my baby. I will be going with my baby and my Mum in march, My mum is to assist me while i am there. my husband will join us when the baby arrives.
VO: OK. so have you contacted any hospital
Me: yes Oakbend Medical clinic in Houston Texas.
VO: what made you settle for this hospital?
Me: I did an online research and chose this one based on positive reviews i read about them
VO: where do you work and as what??
Me: i work at ******* and as a ******
VO: where did you school?
Me: I did my first degree at ***** and my second degree at *****
VO: to my Husband- whats your profession and where do you work?
DH: I am **** and I work with ****
VO to DH : what exactly does your company do
DH: we are a conglomerate into *******
VO: asks DH to scan his fingers
VO to me : you have been to the US before right?
Me: yes, in 2010 ( I had misplaced the passport in which the visa was stamped)
You went for a conference right?
Me: Yes
VO: how long did you stay?
Me: two weeks.
VO: do you have a cost estimate for this trip
Me: Yes. (handed him the budget sheet i prepared with tips gotten from this forum)
VO. (scans through) then said, you qualify for this visa but you have to know that this cost estimates is very small. you may end up paying more than five times this amount. so get yourself prepared for it.
Me: Ok. will do.
VO: types something in the PC. and then asks me and my mum to scan our fingers. he then handed me the passport collection letter and asks me to collect our passport on Tuesday.

That was it folks! It didn't last more than five minutes. he didn't even ask if i have booked appointment with any doctor or look at our bank statements.

Thanks again to every one.
Meanwhile I am heading to Houston early March (i am due early April). Will most likely use Oakbend hospital. anyone with shared accommodation should pls contact me. I will be going with my mum and baby.

Thanks in advance.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Pmama: 1:58pm On Dec 11, 2014
supamom:
Please any mum planning on travelling emirates late dec/early jan?

Yes, I am flying Emirates 2nd week of january, bought my ticket already. I am a Feb. mum but taking off early Jan.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by happytbaby: 2:03pm On Dec 11, 2014
Hello,

Have you gotten an answer to this?

You will pay by buying a money order at the post office. Where are you applying from? Atl, NY or DC? Atl has a bit of differences ....you can send me an email.

mamacajah:
Hello all. Pls help. Having issues with my baby's nigerian passport . Pls how does one write letter of consent and how do you pay for the passport application? Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 2:15pm On Dec 11, 2014
kingsdaughter:

Are you serious? I have been holding on to the passport with my maiden name for 5 yrs now simply because I cant imagine myself booking ticket, risking my life, wasting my money to change the surname on my passport when it is not like the name is biting me on the passport where it is.

That would be a welcome development o cos honestly, I have vowed that if they don't decentralize this thing na so I go dey renew passport each time it expires or I run out of pages.
. I did mine about 3 weeks ago and I had to go to abuja. Did mine majorly because I don't want to have to start doing plenty documentation if I want to travel alone with my children
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by happytbaby: 2:33pm On Dec 11, 2014
favournell:
Hi all gdevening ,
Pls can I travel wt ijebu garri and nuts cos I Crave a pot for it and what other thing won't they stop me from entrainment wt.

Yes you can travel with your gari, yam flour, semolina, grains, ground nut, rice etc. You need to declare that you are carrying food on your landing card

Please don't carry any form of meat or yams . You can buy goat meat at African stores and of course chicken and beef plenty for America. We went with dried fish and ate it for a long time. We even carried ogi and iru (locust beans)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by happytbaby: 2:36pm On Dec 11, 2014
Hi Shakidude,

How are you and baby?

I am trying to remember exactly where you have the issue....I know scheduling appointments often give issues until I realized that once an email is on record, the website starts misbehaving so I just changed emails. If you are using Internet Explorere, you may also try Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.

I do not understand the part about mistake with GTB payment and Abuja drop off though.

shakidude:

Hello peeps. I noticed no one has answered my question. I was actually an active member of this thread before the Tsunami and contibuted earnestly to it. One of the first set of people that went to MHIS and stayed at zazu panee. I gave extensive reviews and many people found it useful. I answered so many people's questiions and gave feedbacks but now that I need help, people are ignoring me. Pls if anybody has any suggestions, pls share. I've tried so many times and can't figure what I'm doing wrong. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 2:57pm On Dec 11, 2014
Wow! Congratulations!

Very interesting interview

Regards

najalady86:
Hi Everyone. I have been following this thread for a while now without commenting. I got my visa this morning in Lagos thanks to all the valuable information i got from this forum. I want to say a big thank you to everyone that has selflessly contributed to this forum.

My interview went as follows;
VO: are you here alone? shouldn't there be others?
Me: No, I am here with my husband, baby and mum (My husband was trying to carry my son who was sleeping on my mum,s lap. They wasted a little bit of time so I got to the interview window before them)
After they arrived, we continued.
VO: So whats the relationship between every body as i see different surnames?
Me: (started pointing to every one) This is my Husband, that's our baby, and then My Mum. The surname on my passport is my maiden name as I was not married when i got the passport.
VO: so is everyone traveling to the US?
Me: Yes. I am going to have my baby. I will be going with my baby and my Mum in march, My mum is to assist me while i am there. my husband will join us when the baby arrives.
VO: OK. so have you contacted any hospital
Me: yes Oakbend Medical clinic in Houston Texas.
VO: what made you settle for this hospital?
Me: I did an online research and chose this one based on positive reviews i read about them
VO: where do you work and as what??
Me: i work at ******* and as a ******
VO: where did you school?
Me: I did my first degree at ***** and my second degree at *****
VO: to my Husband- whats your profession and where do you work?
DH: I am **** and I work with ****
VO to DH : what exactly does your company do
DH: we are a conglomerate into *******
VO: asks DH to scan his fingers
VO to me : you have been to the US before right?
Me: yes, in 2010 ( I had misplaced the passport in which the visa was stamped)
You went for a conference right?
Me: Yes
VO: how long did you stay?
Me: two weeks.
VO: do you have a cost estimate for this trip
Me: Yes. (handed him the budget sheet i prepared with tips gotten from this forum)
VO. (scans through) then said, you qualify for this visa but you have to know that this cost estimates is very small. you may end up paying more than five times this amount. so get yourself prepared for it.
Me: Ok. will do.
VO: types something in the PC. and then asks me and my mum to scan our fingers. he then handed me the passport collection letter and asks me to collect our passport on Tuesday.

That was it folks! It didn't last more than five minutes. he didn't even ask if i have booked appointment with any doctor or look at our bank statements.

Thanks again to every one.
Meanwhile I am heading to Houston early March (i am due early April). Will most likely use Oakbend hospital. anyone with shared accommodation should pls contact me. I will be going with my mum and baby.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malihamlagos: 5:23pm On Dec 11, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malihamlagos: 5:25pm On Dec 11, 2014
SimiJ:

I put it to you that you are a marketer for this coy,lol. With all the glowing narrative. Checked your poSts And there waS no real poe or visa interview narrative. The only transcript you had was just to pull down MIHS nothing more. Even though you fooled everyone be aware that some readers are not fooled. I can see there are real people using this hospital but I doubt you are one of them,keep up the hustle.lol

LOL!!!! So true, I should definitely be getting a commission!!!! Actually I never posted my interview because I knew it would look like I was a marketer! wink I wanted to contribute since I received info from this forum, but im definitely erasing my comment.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Dzizz: 6:19pm On Dec 11, 2014
Babatwi:
@ LittleHug
@ Drizz

Pls i need info on this JPS Dallas thing 0! Are they very strict about this proof of evidence of a us address thing?

Hi Baby will and Lindapurple
Is true u actually need a person resident in Tarrant County with a utility bill proving residence. Cos its a county hospital. Am staying with family so they did easily for me. Tho come to think of it, my cousin who went with me never showed them any bills. She just gave her address and they accepted. So you may try. Or simply get someone who lives here to take u and u just use their address. I think it's a mere formality. But they only accept u when u get here so u can't book an appointment with them in advance. Hope this helps.
Thanks, Babatwi for d link. Will reach out to them for d circumcision

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 11, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 11, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 11, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 11, 2014
kingsdaughter:

the alausa passport office isn't far from shoprite ikeja around that elephant house building, I was going to meet someone I know there to give me another person number in abuja who will help me but he said they can do it from here once there is sufficient proof that truly you are married and the person is the controller of alausa passport office so he definitely knows what he's saying. Just check any of the offices in Lagos i'm sure it can't be alausa alone, he mentioned something like they email the documents to abuja headquarters and get approval frm there sha.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oluwafunkenny: 8:32pm On Dec 11, 2014
chloe7:
the alausa passport office isn't far from shoprite ikeja around that elephant house building, I was going to meet someone I know there to give me another person number in abuja who will help me but he said they can do it from here once there is sufficient proof that truly you are married and the person is the controller of alausa passport office so he definitely knows what he's saying. Just check any of the offices in Lagos i'm sure it can't be alausa alone, he mentioned something like they email the documents to abuja headquarters and get approval frm there sha.

Hi, I stand to be corrected but if you are doing change of name at Lagos or any location outside Abuja, the person is just assisting illegally and there wont be any new signature and photo capture. the previous image and signature will still be there, I just called an officer at Abuja and that was what he said.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 9:01pm On Dec 11, 2014
Snowles:

Letter of consent from hubby, affidavit of change of name, newspaper publication of name change , marriage certificate, copy of hubby's biodata page and your passport. Sorry don't know about Atlanta. Will ask my friend if it's okay to share the contact she gave me. Cheers!

Thanks for responding.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by somchisom: 10:33pm On Dec 11, 2014
Hello house
please assist.
While filling the ds-160 form for my husband, i mistakenly filled B1/B2 as visa type instead of B2. I have also made payment at the bank for same class. I just realised the mistake while trying to pick an appointment date for the interview. can i just chose B2 on the page for scheduling interview? please advise, i would appreciate a prompt response please.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by cuteade: 10:45pm On Dec 11, 2014
[quote author=Snowles post=2878068

I found myself in this similar situation in February while going to the uk. What the lady at the Emirates stand requested for was a pictured document such as drivers licence or office ID showing the name on the ticket with me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by upgradedmom: 4:09am On Dec 12, 2014
Lol, I thought I was the only one that noticed. Did you also notice that in the interview transcript in which the visa was allegedly declined cos of MIHS, she had mentioned she was having twins, however the birth report only mentioned a baby. God dey!

SimiJ:

I put it to you that you are a marketer for this coy,lol. With all the glowing narrative. Checked your poSts And there waS no real poe or visa interview narrative. The only transcript you had was just to pull down MIHS nothing more. Even though you fooled everyone be aware that some readers are not fooled. I can see there are real people using this hospital but I doubt you are one of them,keep up the hustle.lol

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sachy77: 4:13am On Dec 12, 2014
Good morning my dear people of the house.

Please I know this is not a Canada forum, but I will prefer to give birth in Canada. Please can anyone with Canada delivery experience give me more insight please. The city that is cheap and hospital.
I will only go for US if I can't get a more detailed info on Canada. Please no disrespect for US, but I just have strong preference for Canada. Pls help your pregnant Sister that waited so long for her pregnancy.

Please House help me. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Saved2Serve: 6:20am On Dec 12, 2014
please kindly tell me how to open the mailbox or you used someone else's? kindly state carefully the procedure and cost. thanks
dakotchic:

The SSN got to my mailbox on the 10th day after delivery. And I got the US and Nigerian passport in my mail within 1 week of applying (mind you I applied on the Friday before thanksgiving and got them on Saturday morning after black friday)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:25am On Dec 12, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Saved2Serve: 6:40am On Dec 12, 2014
happytbaby pls can i apply from a different state not mentioned above? like idaho. do i follow same process? again can my newborn travel to nigeria with only naija passport?
happytbaby:
Hello,

Have you gotten an answer to this?

You will pay by buying a money order at the post office. Where are you applying from? Atl, NY or DC? Atl has a bit of differences ....you can send me an email.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babatwi: 7:05am On Dec 12, 2014
Dzizz:

Is true u actually need a person resident in Tarrant County with a utility bill proving residence. Cos its a county hospital. Am staying with family so they did easily for me. Tho come to think of it, my cousin who went with me never showed them any bills. She just gave her address and they accepted. So you may try. Or simply get someone who lives here to take u and u just use their address. I think it's a mere formality. But they only accept u when u get here so u can't book an appointment with them in advance. Hope this helps.
Thanks, Babatwi for d link. Will reach out to them for d circumcision

Thanks if thats the case no wahala, i can even go with the whole members of the family i will be staying with,lol,since its proof of residence they want.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by LittleHug: 7:25am On Dec 12, 2014
Thanks, Babatwi for d link. Will reach out to them for d circumcision[/quote]

Yes they are really serious about it but just like @Dzizz has suggested, you can go with a family member you are staying with. But pls what are their services like for maternity/delivery becos I have not made up my mind. I really havent found someone who has used them even though they have a very good maternity package. Kindly inform a sister here. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 7:59am On Dec 12, 2014
Please can someone help me with where to read about renewal of your visa using drop box? Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.