Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,773 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1381659 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mummyprincess: 3:13pm On Dec 22, 2014
AyaSho:
Congratulations mrsDan on this goodnews. God bless you both.

@ Mrs Dan, am So happy for you, I guess that was why I never got any email from you.
The good Lord will keep you both.
And for us coming behind, we will also testify of his Goodness both for visas, POE and birthing in Jesus Name

Pls am an April mum, needs to tidy up with accommodation, transportion e.t.c, am using Dr Fagbohun. Any help in the house.

One Love

I am an April mum and want to use him. I got in contact with a woman that provides. accommodation and transportation. Send me PM since i can't put her phone no here.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Omodaraju: 3:21pm On Dec 22, 2014
kairi:

Hi Omodaraju,

Please can you pm me more on this? I did not know you should write a letter of intent to give birth there?

Thanks,

Kairi,

The letter of intent was sent to the embassy because we got our visas for vacation purpose, in fact i wasn't pregnant at the time even though the VO asked me.
If you appeared at the embassy, and you declared that one of your reasons for seeking the visa was for childbirth, I don't think it is necessary for you to write any letter of intent.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 3:27pm On Dec 22, 2014
Babatwi:
Hello House, landed in Dallas safely via Emirate after a one day layover in Dubai,i arranged it that way so that i can have a proper
. Congrats on successful Poe. How was your emirates flight. Pls give more gist on that. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Destiny4G: 5:09pm On Dec 22, 2014
Hi Kairi
cool. There are lots of people who have used them here, so you should have enough info on them...smiley and also their website provides info on cost and accomodation thgs.

Although as per POE, the general feel in the house is that you contact another doc, when u land u can port from there...smiley

kairi:

Hi I am an april Momma to be and I plan to leave here in march. I am seriously thinking El Paso as in doctoresparati.com

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 5:12pm On Dec 22, 2014
MamaTobenna:
. Congrats on successful Poe. How was your emirates flight. Pls give more gist on that. Thanks

Lol MamaTobenna is still on this emirates mission grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 5:37pm On Dec 22, 2014
Shawbabe:

Lol MamaTobenna is still on this emirates mission grin
. I am o. I don buy ticket sef. Just want to know more to assure myself ni jare. Make I know what to take advantage of
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Gracydee(f): 5:46pm On Dec 22, 2014
Omodaraju:

Kairi,

The letter of intent was sent to the embassy because we got our visas for vacation purpose, in fact i wasn't pregnant at the time even though the VO asked me.
If you appeared at the embassy, and you declared that one of your reasons for seeking the visa was for childbirth, I don't think it is necessary for you to write any letter of intent.

@ Omodaraju

please I will like to know more about this letter of intent.got my visa for vacation purpose...won't actually mind if you can send me a sample.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by customised87: 6:05pm On Dec 22, 2014
anonymousmum:

I don't think it should be a problem per se.

Could be a bit clumsy though, because for them to ascertain that you are not carrying more than $10,000, they will have to start converting it to dollar equivalent.

I had some Euro too coming into the US, and it took them a few mins to do the conversion to USD equivalent.

If you are transiting via some other airport before landing in the US I suggest you convert it to USD (you should not lose too much in the process using Travelex, MoneyCorp etc)

Hope this helps.

Ok thank you, it sure helped
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babatwi: 9:34pm On Dec 22, 2014
MamaTobenna:
My Emirate experience was a very plesant one. Before i boaded in lagos i was asked for my EDD date and my authority to fly,i told them my Edd was 1st wk of march and i gave them my authority to fly They also asked me where i would be staying and i showed them my accomodation reservation,was wondering how that one concerned them o. The air hostess on both legs of the journey were very nice,they kept asking me if i was ok and if i wanted anything. I dint book for a wheel chair o,because i thought i dint need it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 2:58am On Dec 23, 2014
Babatwi:

My Emirate experience was a very plesant one. Before i boaded in lagos i was asked for my EDD date and my authority to fly,i told them my Edd was 1st wk of march and io,because i thought i dint need it
. Thanks. I guess cos u stayed over in dubai, u didn't need it. It is well. Will keep my fingers crossed. Have a safe delivery
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 2:59am On Dec 23, 2014
Nochid:

LAX is pretty straight forward if you declared your intentions at the embassy and have your supporting documents.
Was there in July, though was taken to secondary inspection,just waited for some minutes,after my visa interview transcript was brought up, I was stamped in for 6months.
I know some others who went through same POE without issues.
. Thanks. This makes me feel better
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 8:40am On Dec 23, 2014
Please mamas, which hospital in your opinion is best for ANC? Between Reddington & St ives. I read somewhere on this thread that one of these hospitals don't give patients access to their medical records. Don't know which of the two. Please help as I need to decide between which of the two to register with. Thanks kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 9:57am On Dec 23, 2014
IyawoToBe:
Please mamas, which hospital in your opinion is best for ANC? Between Reddington & St ives. I read somewhere on this thread that one of these hospitals don't give patients access to their medical records. Don't know which of the two. Please help as I need to decide between which of the two to register with. Thanks kiss
. I am currently using Reddington. They will be giving me my records when I am about to travel. Don't know how detailed it will be though.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by upgradedmom: 12:32pm On Dec 23, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babatwi: 12:41pm On Dec 23, 2014
Gracydee:

@ Omodaraju

please I will like to know more about this letter of intent.got my visa for vacation purpose...won't actually mind if you can send me a sample.

Thanks in advance.

pls note that it is only advisable to send this type of letter if you got your visa before you got pregnant and not that you were pregnant when you went for the interview and lied about it
These letters dont have a fixed format,all the same, here is a sample
Dear Sir/Ma
My name is ------- with pasport number------. I got a b1/b2 2 years visa for the pupose of vaccation on ------, i now wish to use the visa to travel to the US for birthing pupose. I am aware of the financial and other implications of this which includes having enough funds to cover the hospital and doctors bills ,contacting and booking an appointment with a hospital and a gyneacologist ,booking accomodation etc.
I would be greatful if my records with you could be updated to reflect this.
Yours truely
------------

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 1:06pm On Dec 23, 2014
Pls can someone direct me to the page where a hospital in Montgomery, Alabama was mentioned? kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bmay: 1:15pm On Dec 23, 2014
Shawbabe:
Pls can someone direct me to the page where a hospital in Montgomery, Alabama was mentioned? kiss

Hi Shawbabe. I don't know the page but I believe its Jackson Hospital. Are you considering using them as against gwinnett? I'm also looking at them if I don't find a more affordable option in atlanta.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 2:05pm On Dec 23, 2014
Hi all, please can anyone help with the address, contact or some info on the Reddemed church or any other church in Phoenix. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babatwi: 2:38pm On Dec 23, 2014
MadameU:
Hi all, please can anyone help with the address, contact or some info on the Reddemed church or any other church in Phoenix. Thanks
You can google it,i am sure there are a couple of them,depending on where you stay.
2320 West Peoria Avenue, Phoenix, AZ. Phone +1 602-944-7744
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 5:19pm On Dec 23, 2014
hello everyone..
grin just got my visa grin
i saw two preggy mamas that were denied today. felt so sorry for them. meanwhile for mamas that re business women, here re some things u should add to ur burden of proof:
business reg documents
invoices/sales records
a copy of your letterhead
internal memeos u might have served ur staff(if u have any)
your tax payment bla bla
ur business card, ID card,
you should know ur staff strenght as well. and how much u pay each one of them...
thats all i tadded with my burden of proof business gurus can add to it

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babatwi: 5:30pm On Dec 23, 2014
[quote author=sayoberry post=29140054]hello everyone..
grin just got my visa /quote]
Congrats i am so so happy for you. When are you heading out?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Larondoo22: 6:05pm On Dec 23, 2014
upgradedmom:
Hello all, I learnt KLM is having a promo on their flights to Houston and NYC. You can check their website for more details.
http://www.airfrance.com/NG/en/local/resainfovol/meilleuresoffres/economy_natl_new.htm?LinkKeyword=Fast_track&zoning=HD_CTC1&WT.mc_id=G_NG_Email_unica_051&WT.tsrc=email&WT.z_g=09e4-c530-cb8c-9a04-80b7-620e-f0e7-2b89
thank you so much for the link,pls house if anyone get to know any promo going on,pls keep us inform oo grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Olhar: 6:51pm On Dec 23, 2014
Thank you all for your advice
@ mimibe and @dakotchic

i finally got my Zero balance yesterday from gwinnett, after i mailed the management on friday, a lady from the financial department was assigned to help sort my issue out and the excess bill was withdrawn, so am cleared…
please for those that applied for niaja passport in atlanta, do you get the passport same day you go for the interview? and after paying online and buying the 30 dollars money order, do i buy a self addressed overnight delivery envelope or i also do that as money order and they sort it themselves?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 7:18pm On Dec 23, 2014
bmay:

Hi Shawbabe. I don't know the page but I believe its Jackson Hospital. Are you considering using them as against gwinnett? I'm also looking at them if I don't find a more affordable option in atlanta.

Yea it's just 4hrs drive from Atlanta. So I'm thinking going there closer to delivery and retuning to atlanta after birth. But I need to make sure the hospital's standard is good and the cheap package they're offering is worth me carrying myself there.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 7:20pm On Dec 23, 2014
Is there a bbm group for Atl mamas due in 2015?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oluwafunkenny: 9:39pm On Dec 23, 2014
Saved2Serve:
pm meee!!

awaiting your response
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by supamom: 9:54pm On Dec 23, 2014
[quote author=sayoberry post=29140054]

congratulations. Its goodnews.
Continue to rest and trust God.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by supamom: 9:54pm On Dec 23, 2014
Hmmmmmnnn.......
Dollar is not smiling.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fehinebony(f): 10:09pm On Dec 23, 2014
Shawbabe:

Yea it's just 4hrs drive from Atlanta. So I'm thinking going there closer to delivery and retuning to atlanta after birth. But I need to make sure the hospital's standard is good and the cheap package they're offering is worth me carrying myself there.

Was @ Montgomery alabama 2wks ago, visited Jackson hospital, and took a tour round the mother and child section, the delivery room is very nice, heard the delivery suite is larger and finer than that of baptist east &south.the nursery is also nice as well, I dint get to visit baptist, cos I settled for Jackson as my inlaw had 2 of her kids there and she told she preferred jackson to any other hospital in Montgomery, she lives in Montgomery and she is a nurse, so I went with what she recommended.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hopefulme: 10:14pm On Dec 23, 2014
supamom:
Hmmmmmnnn.......
Dollar is not smiling.

Not at all......
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 23, 2014
[quote author=Olhar post=29142692]
If u ve not applied online, go to naija embassy, someone will direct you on what to do. I paid cash to the guy that filled d online stuff 4 me, and I got the passport in two days, they will need to take a picture of you baby.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by babs4all: 12:24am On Dec 24, 2014
NICE THREAD. I NEED ADVICE PLS. I, MY WIFE AND 1 YR 10 MONTHS KID WANT TO APPLY FOR B1/B2 VISA. MY WIFE INTEND TO GIVE BIRTH IN USA. AM FINDING IT DIFFICULT TO GET AN OB/GYN IN ST LOUIS, MISSOURI WHERE MY COUSIN RESIDES. WHAT SHOULD I DO? MY COUSIN IS HELPING TO GET AN OB/GYN.
ALSO, WHAT AMOUNT ARE WE EXPECTED TO HAVE IN OUR ACCOUNT? WE WANT TO USE HER SAVINGS ACCOUNT. SHE'S NOT WORKING BUT HAS A REGISTERED BUSINESS, BUSINESS BANK ACCOUNT THAT WE ARE RUNNING.
I WAS DENIED IN 2012. THOUGH I APPLIED ALONE THEN. WE HAVE TRAVELLED TO SOUTH AFRICA TOGETHER AS A FAMILY IN APRIL, 2014. I NEED HELP OOOOO

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.