Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (303) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1381524 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Olhar: 3:40am On Jan 08, 2015
[quote author=GenoMI post=29589140]Hello house, long time no see or should I say chat grin? Happy new year to everyone in the house.

congrats dear, was wondering where u have been…but just as you said man proposes……thank God you are both doing fine…..

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bbaby84(f): 5:27am On Jan 08, 2015
aye88:
Hello o, I'm presently in Maryland. For those considering Maryland or Virginia, I got some hospitals and tort I should share with the house.
1. Waldof women's care: they are a group of female ob/gyn. They are ranked very high arnd Waldof Maryland. Their fee is 2500 for self pay patients and they can also give you a 70percent giftcard off your latest. They use civista medical center. As for the hospital I called to get an estimate but they said they can't give an estimate per say as ur delivery determine what you will be charged.

2. Also Dr Rogers. His fee is 3000 for self pay patients. He uses Anna rundel hospital. Very good doctor too.

3. Dr ansera. His fee for self pay is 3000. He uses Inova alexandria hospital. The hospital fee for virginal birth is 5500 and they give a 46percent discount for self pay patients. Two days stay. I hope this help someone
@soso15 have you seen this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shayo5: 5:35am On Jan 08, 2015
I flew UA and my POE was Houston and I had no issues,tho a friend who went through Houston a week b4 was delayed,so just pray av ur necessary docs and be honest and calm even if they r rude to u or yell at u just be composed. God will c u through

eazydune:
Pls is it adviceable to fly united airlines to d states with d famous houston as poe?mihs mommas for March where una dey? shocked

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:10am On Jan 08, 2015
godblessamerica:
hello all we got a baby boy on 23

Congrats on d grand entry of Ur LO on Xmas eve...

I share in Ur worries over the hospital bill . It won't be a bad idea if U have an extensive discussion with the billing guys .

Ma'am How early did U register before delivery?
Was bill and package deals discussed during registration?

Hmnnnn......

Dis Giwneeth Hopital tinzx na gobe ooooo undecided

I wish I could port to North side Hospital .. cry.

godblessamerica it is well.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 7:23am On Jan 08, 2015
GRACE-The movie by PrinceAdeAde
PART 1: The Flight to Abuja

Thanks for you all for the good wishes,very well appreciated.

FOR THOSE FLYING TO ABUJA FOR VISA INTERVIEW AS ABUJA VOs ARE WAY MORE CONSIDERATE THAN LAGOS COUNTERPART. REFER TO BELOW

Wifey used arik as she was 34 weeks gone and they were the only ones with a fly policy up to 34th week. We called them to double check and they confirmed that it was okay,in line with their stated policy however there was drama with arik as expected. 1st, at point of check in, they say they fly 33 weeks max and also that they don't accept fit to fly from non government hospitals but they still allowed her to fly anyway.
On the return leg, the drama continued as she was not initially allowed saying same story of 33 weeks but her saving grace was that she printed the arik policy on their webpage along and she re-iterated that she called customer service who confirmed that they do fly up to 34 weeks. They said it must be a mistake on their site that the guidelines they have on their paper is 33 weeks. They allowed her to board sha however in-flight,she was told to fill an undertaking form that she was fit to fly so flying is dicey if you beyond 32 weeks

Also, you must book your flight a day before your interview as they kept delaying the flight and delayed her in Lag for about 5hours due to poor visibility in abuja so please don't book your flight as the same day of interview.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 7:31am On Jan 08, 2015
GRACE-The movie by PrinceAdeAde
PART 2: The Abuja Interview

Wifey had delays at verification point coz DS-160 had lagos as appointment venue while interview appointment was in Abuja. A lady took her details to sort of rectify this so guys ensure that your DS-160 submission point tallies with your interview to avoid issues. you may want to re-submit a new DS-160 with the tallying details if you changed appointment venues like my humble self

Note that questions may not follow same sequence as actual occurrence and they are just fragments of what occurred.guess you knew that already grin

Male VO took time out to read the DS-160 information

VO:So u want to give birth in US?
Wife: Yes
VO:Do you have doctor's correspondence?
Wife: Yes, I have both doctor's and hospital correspondence and also I have a budget sheet outlining the expected epxenses
VO: okay, let me see
Wifey hands over all these documents to him
VO: so the doctor and hospital charges is same(ensure that you get a quote with email correspondence from hospital also and dont rely on doctors hospital estimate alone as this further boost your case)
VO screened the budget sheet a lot more than other docs
VO: can i have your statement
Wifey hands over my statement and notes that am the principal sponsor,she gives hers also
VO: so if i minus the balance on your statement with your total budget,you(i.e your hubby account) would have a balance of Xyz amount and also your account(i.e Wifey account).Ok
VO: Is pregnancy high risk at the moment?(not sure where he picked this from,maybe from doctors correspondence)
Wifey: No, though it was at a point(wifey had PIH which later disappeared)

At some point she also hands over my consent/sponsorship letter
VO: so where does your husband work?(not sure why this was asked as i detailed this in my letter of consent so ladies attending interview without thier hubby's, please know details of your hubby well as you may be called to answer Marriage 101 questions as such even though you brougth the employments letters and all that stuff)
Wifey: At xyz company
VO: What does he do exactly
Wifey answers
VO: okay ,give me a moment and he steps aside for a moment and comes back to inform her to pick her visa up

LEARNING

Prepare a very informative ,layed out and colorful budget sheet(this is a killer even at workplace).Also get an email correspondence from your hospital also and dont use your doctor's hospital estimate alone. Arm your self with both even though they come with same figures. it just helps your case so a VO would give you the super story that birthing fee is more than $100K. you show him direct correspondence and quote from hospital also. What i have see people show is Dr estimate of hospital which does not carry same weight when it comes from hospital direct correspondence. I also pinted separate pediatrician quotes so I had Dr,hospital and pediatrician separate quotes

Note that all these kung-fu listed above is nothing compared to God's grace as i had a blast week with God so I knew that anything I laid my hands on had to prosper but also note that God does not condone mediocrity also and expects us to be excellent so we have to do the works such as that listed above required to activate faith.

WATCH OUT FOR PART THREE: The Atlanta smooth POE experience next week

17 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hopefulme: 7:39am On Jan 08, 2015
@prince.please which hospital gave the estimate of their fee
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 7:42am On Jan 08, 2015
hopefulme:
@prince.please which hospital gave the estimate of their fee
Thanks

Your answer is in below email response.Got it from West Houston Medical center grin. As earlier mentioned,the hospital charges is same as what doctor gave.Just needed evidence from hospital itself for troublesome VOs. I actually called the hospital and told them to email me with the details

Greetings,

I would like to personally welcome you to West Houston Medical Center. Hello, my name is Chole’ Green I am the Financial Counselor for the hospital. I will be here to help you with all your questions and concerns with choosing us in handling all your needs concerning the delivery of your new baby. I have attached a price list that will provide you with the information you requested. There will be a deposit required in the amount of half of the requested service due at the time of pre-registration. Also, if you decide to allow us to be your hospital you will need to find an OBGYN. You can view a list of our providers at http://westhoustonmedical.com/ . I will also need some information from you to begin your pre-registration process:

1. Full name: (First, Middle, Last)

2. Address and phone # where you will be staying in the United States.

3. Excepted due date.

4. Last menstrual Period

5. Next of kin

6. Emergency contact.

7. Name of OBGYN

8. Date of Patients Birth

9. SS# (if born in the United States)

10. Ethnicity

11. Religion

12. Marital Status

Also, we do require that you pay a deposit of half the amount owed. If you have any further questions are concerns please feel free to contact me. I look forward to working with you.

DELETED
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 7:47am On Jan 08, 2015
PrinceAdeAde:

Your answer is in below email response.Got it from West Houston Medical center grin. As earlier mentioned,the hospital charges is same as what doctor gave.Just needed evidence from hospital itself for troublesome VOs. I actually called the hospital and told them to email me with the details

Greetings,

I would like to personally welcome you to West Houston Medical Center. Hello, my name is Chole’ Green I am the Financial Counselor for the hospital. I will be here to help you with all your questions and concerns with choosing us in handling all your needs concerning the delivery of your new baby. I have attached a price list that will provide you with the information you requested. There will be a deposit required in the amount of half of the requested service due at the time of pre-registration. Also, if you decide to allow us to be your hospital you will need to find an OBGYN. You can view a list of our providers at http://westhoustonmedical.com/ . I will also need some information from you to begin your pre-registration process:

1. Full name: (First, Middle, Last)

2. Address and phone # where you will be staying in the United States.

3. Excepted due date.

4. Last menstrual Period

5. Next of kin

6. Emergency contact.

7. Name of OBGYN

8. Date of Patients Birth

9. SS# (if born in the United States)

10. Ethnicity

11. Religion

12. Marital Status

Also, we do require that you pay a deposit of half the amount owed. If you have any further questions are concerns please feel free to contact me. I look forward to working with you.

DELETED

Please don't paste people's personal details here without their consent.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 7:51am On Jan 08, 2015
justwise:

Please don't paste people's personal details here without their consent.

Apologies moderator.thought an hospital financial counselor office details is put out for the public just as a Dr contact is.
Learning new things by the day.Noted
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PetMe13: 7:55am On Jan 08, 2015
belfy:

Congrats pet me 3,

Pls how long did it take for ur baby's birth certificate to come out? Can u pls give me a step by step process on how you got all ur baby's docs.would like to return home as soon as possible. Thanks

The vital records office sed it would take 14 bussiness days but we decided to check earlier and realised it had been ready 5 days after my delivery. These 5 days include 2 days of weekend which means it took 3 bussiness days. Yet to go for the passport on the 9th cuz was fully booked. My advice is to book an appointment for the passport as early as possible. Will update u as I obtain the documents.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by stinux(f): 8:51am On Jan 08, 2015
bbaby84:

Thanks for that great and needed information.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kairi: 8:52am On Jan 08, 2015
Shawbabe:

When are u traveling?

Hi, I palm to travel second week of March. Anyone gone through Atlanta Poe? What is it like?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kairi: 8:55am On Jan 08, 2015
aye88:
Hello o, I'm presently in Maryland. For those considering Maryland or Virginia, I got some hospitals and tort I should share with the house.
1. Waldof women's care: they are a group of female ob/gyn. They are ranked very high arnd Waldof Maryland. Their fee is 2500 for self pay patients and they can also give you a 70percent giftcard off your latest. They use civista medical center. As for the hospital I called to get an estimate but they said they can't give an estimate per say as ur delivery determine what you will be charged.

2. Also Dr Rogers. His fee is 3000 for self pay patients. He uses Anna rundel hospital. Very good doctor too.

3. Dr ansera. His fee for self pay is 3000. He uses Inova alexandria hospital. The hospital fee for virginal birth is 5500 and they give a 46percent discount for self pay patients. Two days stay. I hope this help someone

Be very careful with the hospital oh...I did Holycross hospital in Maryland before and the bill was over 15k. We offered to pay upfront hoping for discount and they offered us 2percent discount. Check if the hospital has a package first as discussing with my friends later, I heard that Maryland hospitals are generally 9k upwards and don't give discounts.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kairi: 9:00am On Jan 08, 2015
Hello everyone...Atlanta POE experience? Please share with a sister. Meanwhile, I am planning to travel in March, between Atl and El Paso.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Pamperme: 9:26am On Jan 08, 2015
Congrats @PrinceAdeAde

Congratulations on the arrival of your bundle of joy GenoMi.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Bsharon: 10:11am On Jan 08, 2015
quote author=mabels post=29566605]

hi . here I am.[/quote]
hi, am one too
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by adebrave(f): 10:25am On Jan 08, 2015
[quote author=GenoMI post=29589140

Congratulations Darling most especially on the safe delivery of your baby boy. A healthy one for that matter ! God blesses n protects him. Amen.
No matter what happens we will all be thanking God. Amen

@princeAdeAde congratulations.this is just beginning of new era of grace for u and ur household. Weldone to madam
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 08, 2015
GenoMI:
Hello house, long time no see or should I say chat grin? Happy new year to everyone in the house.
congratulations
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by stinux(f): 10:36am On Jan 08, 2015
aye88:

Thanks @ Aye88 for your useful and vital information. I have been a silent follower of this forum for a long time now. I would not ming having my baby in Maryland as well beacause that is where l have a relative. So it would be appreciated if you could share other affordable hospitals you come across as you continue in your search. God bless you and will shall all carry our bundle of joy at the end of it all. I already tried to contact you. If you dont mind my email id is stinux2005@yahoo.com.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 11:35am On Jan 08, 2015
Bsharon:
quote author=mabels post=29566605]

hi . here I am.
hi, am one too

good. ve u made up ur mind on the hospital and doctor to use? don't forget to send them an e-mail if you ve not. jt sent mine this morning.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by aye88: 11:56am On Jan 08, 2015
bbaby84:

I have replied you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by aye88: 11:57am On Jan 08, 2015
[quote author=stinux post=29599454]

Thanks @ Aye88 for your useful and vital information. I have been a silent follower of this forum for a long time now. I would not ming having my baby in Maryland as well beacause that is where l have a relative. So it would be

I have replied ur mail

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Adiahabasi: 12:23pm On Jan 08, 2015
Hi house,Please who has recently had a new international Passport with change of name done?learnt it can only be done in Abuja,pls need info on how many days it takes to get done,and the cost. Not sure i'll want to stay in Abj for more than 2-3 working days. Thanks in advance kissAbeg no chop groundnut Pass my post o grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by zeezahbee(f): 1:07pm On Jan 08, 2015
Adiahabasi:
Hi house,Please who has recently had a new international Passport with change of name done?learnt it can only be done in Abuja,pls need info on how many days it takes to get done,and the cost. Not sure i'll want to stay in Abj for more than 2-3 working days. Thanks in advance kissAbeg no chop groundnut Pass my post o grin
That thing get K-leg ooo, you can't just go to the Abuja office and expect it to be done sharp sharp. If you want to stay there for just a day or two, you gat get long legs, even after my long legs, I got their at 10am and left at 4pm.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Francutok: 2:26pm On Jan 08, 2015
[quote author=aye88 post=29601589][/quote]
if u go thru old posts, ul find where i gave info on hospitals in Maryland including Docs.
in truth, Maryland is a peculiar state. Its not a place to birth if u have a tight budget or looking for a total package.
maximum discounts from hospitals is 2%, but obgyn doc are more flexible with discounts for self pay.
Hospital bill was about 10,200.00
just got another bill of 1400 from the so called hospital pediatrician.
but i had family there, so when i added up all i could have spent if i had used either Arizona or Texas, it came to almost the same.
again, its really not about getting info about hospitals or doctors. U need to consider the county where your relatives stay COs Maryland is very big.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by favouredB(f): 3:39pm On Jan 08, 2015
GenoMI:

Long and short of the story my son was born right here in Lagos, Nigeria LOL. I just thank God he didn't need to be put into an incubator as he did well on his own. After all the planning for obodo yankee o, I guess this is a good example of the saying 'Man proposes.....'.

Everyone asked me if I was stressed out etc (maybe that was why my waters broke soo early) but honestly nothing out of the ordinary, I was ok though I had driven earlier that day.

Anyway I just though to share my experience, even though I had thought my next post on this thread would be about my Atl POE experience. All in all I thank God for everything.

Exactly as you said. Man proposes, God disposes. He has the best plan for us. Thank God it didn't happen when you were airborne. Thank God you and baby are bouncing....so many things to thank God for....For the unseen battles he fought. Who knows whether the devil planned it for death but God put him to shame....so many things could ve gone bad during your trip but God took control. Congratulations. You are more than a conqueror. Congratulations on the birth of your healthy BBB. May His name be glorified.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 3:47pm On Jan 08, 2015
Adiahabasi:

i would advice you not to even bother yourself. without my long leg it took me three monyhs to get my passport.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Vineb: 3:58pm On Jan 08, 2015
PetMe13:

The vital records office sed it would take 14 bussiness days but we decided to check earlier and realised it had been ready 5 days after my delivery. These 5 days include 2 days of weekend which means it took 3 bussiness days. Yet to go for the passport on the 9th cuz was fully booked. My advice is to book an appointment for the passport as early as possible. Will update u as I obtain the documents.

From my experience once you get the birth cert, n you have a flight itenary showing that you are traveling like in a weeks time( if you booked your flight through an agent they have a way they do it.) you don't have to call passport office for appointment. You can do a walk in n expedite the passport. But it all depends on how much time you have to spend after you have your baby.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 4:00pm On Jan 08, 2015
Adiahabasi:
not 3 months o. I did mine in November and I got it after 10 working days. But I had sent my documents to someone earlier so the person did all the necessary registration so I just travelled and snapped. Got someone to pick up for me 10 working days later
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Vineb: 4:03pm On Jan 08, 2015
Adiahabasi:

I think it depends on the long leg you are using ooo, I got mine the following day, would have gotten it same day but I wanted to get something from someone in Abuja town so I could not wait. If you decide not to change your last name from your maiden name before you travel, your name on your baby's birth certificate will be your maiden name. If your hubby doesn't mind that sha, that was what happened to me for my first baby.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Vineb: 4:14pm On Jan 08, 2015
Adiahabasi:

Another disadvantage of not changing your passport name to your new last name is that: anytime you are traveling with the baby without the father you have to go with the baby's birth certificate to proof that you are the mother.

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.