Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,186 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (306) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1380378 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by vendetta2: 1:52pm On Jan 09, 2015
My wife and I are considering giving birth in the Us. Please I want to ask if we can use a General hospital or must it be a private hospital
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 2:05pm On Jan 09, 2015
mean Lagos response

Thank you for your email.

Your B-class visa does not entitle you to entrance to the United States—it simply entitles you to arrive at a port-of-entry to the United States and apply for admission to an officer of the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) unit on duty there. The Customs and Border Protection, a branch of USCIS, determines a traveler’s eligibility of entry to the U.S, you should be prepared to demonstrate to the immigration officer at the port of entry why you are seeking medical treatment and that you have logistical and financial plans for the treatment.

We recommend that you review the regulations on non-immigrant aliens entering the United States for purposes of childbirth at http://redirect.state.sbu/?url=https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/882/~/visit-the-u.s.-while-pregnant-and-the-risks-involved and plan accordingly. Please you should not stay in the U.S. longer than you are permitted by Customs and Border Protection at the port of entry. The Department of Homeland Security at the port of entry will determine your eligibility to enter the United States on any travel.

If you choose to give birth in the U.S., we advise you to bring evidence of payment, both when you enter the U.S. on this visit, and at your future U.S. visa interviews.

Abuja's

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your inquiry. Before you travel to the United States to have a child you should make the appropriate preparations, including an appointment with a healthcare provider, detailed information about where you will receive your medical services, and an estimate of the financial costs. Immigration officials may ask for this information upon your arrival. Healthcare in the United States is expensive. Costs associated with child birth are high and can escalate quickly if there are complications. You are expected to pay all costs associated with the medical services received. Retain an itemized statement of account from your healthcare provider that outlines all of the charges from your care and receipt of your payment.

We hope this information is helpful to you. Congratulations to you and your family.

Best Regards,

Consular Section

This email is UNCLASSIFIED.

I will print that of Abuja and use at the point of entry.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Gracydee(f): 2:24pm On Jan 09, 2015
mabels:
mean Lagos response

Thank you for your email.

Your B-class visa does not entitle you to entrance to the United States—it simply entitles you to arrive at a port-of-entry to the United States and apply for admission to an officer of the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) unit on duty there. The Customs and Border Protection, a branch of USCIS, determines a traveler’s eligibility of entry to the U.S, you should be prepared to demonstrate to the immigration officer at the port of entry why you are seeking medical treatment and that you have logistical and financial plans for the treatment.

We recommend that you review the regulations on non-immigrant aliens entering the United States for purposes of childbirth at http://redirect.state.sbu/?url=https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/882/~/visit-the-u.s.-while-pregnant-and-the-risks-involved and plan accordingly. Please you should not stay in the U.S. longer than you are permitted by Customs and Border Protection at the port of entry. The Department of Homeland Security at the port of entry will determine your eligibility to enter the United States on any travel.

If you choose to give birth in the U.S., we advise you to bring evidence of payment, both when you enter the U.S. on this visit, and at your future U.S. visa interviews.

Abuja's

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your inquiry. Before you travel to the United States to have a child you should make the appropriate preparations, including an appointment with a healthcare provider, detailed information about where you will receive your medical services, and an estimate of the financial costs. Immigration officials may ask for this information upon your arrival. Healthcare in the United States is expensive. Costs associated with child birth are high and can escalate quickly if there are complications. You are expected to pay all costs associated with the medical services received. Retain an itemized statement of account from your healthcare provider that outlines all of the charges from your care and receipt of your payment.

We hope this information is helpful to you. Congratulations to you and your family.

Best Regards,

Consular Section

This email is UNCLASSIFIED.

I will print that of Abuja and use at the point of entry.

where did you get your visa? Abuja or Lagos.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 2:40pm On Jan 09, 2015
justwise:

No worries.

cheesy u don ban am abi? Lmao

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 2:53pm On Jan 09, 2015
Gracydee:

where did you get your visa? Abuja or Lagos.

got it in abuja
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 3:10pm On Jan 09, 2015
Hi

Did you declare your birthing intention during your interview at Abuja? If yes, is it necessary to send email to the Embassy?

mabels:

got it in abuja
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by SisiOlu: 3:22pm On Jan 09, 2015
Hi guys,

Just wondering, what is the maximum no of weeks of pregnancy one can risk flying to the US (e.g. 13 hrs)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oluwafunkenny: 3:27pm On Jan 09, 2015
well, I don't think there is big deal, mine has US and Uk Visa on it then, I was comfortable sending because I got the man through their DC in Ibadan_ Immigration so I know its a genuine connection and I sent the passport through FedEx.

Come to think of it, the new UK and US most of despatch now, are they not through postage? Lets begin to pray and trust our Naija as well. LOL

Adiahabasi:
Thanks my pple i appreciate,thinking i might just hv to bone the change of name on the Passport for now,except those wt extra long legs fit help a sister even if its just wt just d foot of d leg. @ Zee pls was it añ Agent that got it done 4 u within 24hrs?abeg if yes pls kindly pm me his phone no. @oluwafunkenny,10 days sounds fine since i won't hv to be there d whole time,but sending a stranger my passport is d part i'm a bit uncomfortable wt,cos its still valid. @Sayoberry!iya ibeji dat ur 3months na long thing o,i go don born by then sef grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 4:55pm On Jan 09, 2015
Shawbabe:

Nope, he is not banned.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 5:04pm On Jan 09, 2015
Shawbabe:

this Shawbabe...Comedian of the Thread... grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by customised87: 5:18pm On Jan 09, 2015
mimibe:
the father's name will be on the birth cert, so the child pp will bear the father name. My passport still bears my maiden name and I didn't fill it on the form given to me in the hospital, I used my new name and it was accepted nobody questioned it. There is a part for maiden name.

Thanks for the clarification. God bless!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 5:41pm On Jan 09, 2015
anonymousmum:

this Shawbabe...Comedian of the Thread... grin

Hahaa my dear anything to get us through this American project with our sanity in tact.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Udiboy(f): 6:40pm On Jan 09, 2015
chloe7:
we are planning to give birth in America here grin, we are not selling tickets, use www.wakanow.com to check or www.travelstart.com.ng, nobody will answer you again if you ask because you have posted this question on all the thread even for visa officer.
Thanks. I will do just that.
I didn't post for d visa officer though but for pple that post there and may also be in same dilemma as me.
Nonetheless, thanks for the website.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 09, 2015
Udiboy:

Thanks. I will do just that.
I didn't post for d visa officer though but for pple that post there and may also be in same dilemma as me.
Nonetheless, thanks for the website.
on that thread people aren't allowed to answer questions, only visa officer can answer questions there. No problems at all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 09, 2015
Nairaland Family,
A friend is in dire need of affordable accommodation in
Atlanta Georgia for 2 months .It can be a studio apartment ,an extended stay apartment or a shared suite at Riverdale or College park within' the price range of $140-$170 weekly.

@ Gurus n preggy Mamas with infomation or website link should share.

@ Silent readers plz U all aren't left out..

Plzzzźzzzzz help a preggy Mama out..
Thankzx all kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 09, 2015
Would be coming to ElPaso in May. We could team up cos you would be my senior over there by a month wink
Shawbabe:

Hello everyone,

I have read ALL 93 pages of this thread and want to say thanks to everyone who shared their experience in some sort of way! U guys are outstanding, made my research easy pezy!!

All I want to as is are there any April 2015 mums in the house?? I am 6 weeks gone, and wanted to make sure they'll be Nigerians at either MIHS or El Paso during that period (haven't decided which one I'm choosing. Have to lay out presentation and powerpoint of the two for the hubby first LOL).

I want to travel with my mum first and then I want my husband to join us 1st of April because I refuse to have this child or children (might be twins grin alone! Since I didn't MAKE them alone). Sides it's my first pregnancy and I've always wanted to experience giving birth with my hubs holding my hand for moral support! Anyway I digress, but if any of you ladies are due that period and will be in Phoenix or El Paso, pls just indicate.

Also I hope the accommodations close to these hospitals have Internet access and Tv coz I don't wanna be bored outta my mind! Still want to catch my shows online and skype with the hubby!

Thanks people!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ceee(f): 10:07pm On Jan 09, 2015
Finaly im done reading. Not easy though but very helpful. Thanking all the great mama's and papas for the helpful info. Im phoenix bound month end any one traveling at that time

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by eazydune: 10:24pm On Jan 09, 2015
@cee,welcome......happy mihs mommas r coming out now.Am phoenix bound 1st week Feb.Send me a pm asap.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ceee(f): 10:30pm On Jan 09, 2015
Don't know how to send pm ooooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by effectsbaby: 10:35pm On Jan 09, 2015
uchetobi:
Wow, been a long time Iv Been on the thread. No familiar moniker again. Well, it's to be expected as my baby is almost one! Time sure flies

Apologies to all the people that sent me pms. Haven't been here for a long time but I'm sure all your questions have been addressed

Safe flight, Poe entry and delivery to all the preggies

Happy new year to all

Justwise well done

Nikkygal you don born?

Thababe and all my course mates, hope all your Little ones are doing great?

Peace

You helped me around April with details for Oakbend. Good to hear from you again

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by moniyet: 10:44pm On Jan 09, 2015
1sttimemom:
hello,am at intown in elpaso,there are lots of naija mums here so if. U come being lonely isn't d ish,unless ur forming tho.lool
Hello all, arrived El - paso roughly 24 hrs ago, although my hubby has posted my Poe experience , maybe I shld post mine too as na me experience am.
No long story tho, d Poe experience was the easiest of all the entire journey, I had more difficulty at our airport than I did at Dallas airport, first my fit to fly letter didn't av my edd, don't know ow we managed to forget that, then she started asking for zip code and insisted I wouldn't get boarding pass if I didn't av it, thank God for her colleague who gave her one to use.
I flew emirates and the journey was a journey of life, abeg preggy mama's av to be really fit as that journey no b small waka
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Hawttattoo: 10:54pm On Jan 09, 2015
I learnt Phoenix is very very hot....especially during summer.,cos I intend to be there July/August . Pls can MIHS mamas give us weather report? Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by moniyet: 10:59pm On Jan 09, 2015
1sttimemom:
hello,am at intown in elpaso,there are lots of naija mums here so if. U come being lonely isn't d ish,unless ur forming tho.lool
The lagos dubai journey was a lot more comfortable for me than the dubai Dallas leg, emirates economy no get leg room at all and I was unlucky enough not to have any free space beside me, it wasn't funny, coupled with the fact that I requested for wheelchair services bt never got it, the walking at the dubai airport wasn't easy on my back at all, then when we got to Dallas after 15 hours of discomfort, I had to be on my feet for 2 hrs as there were many flights arriving at the same time, the officers no just look my side at all, dem no send me and my big belle, i tried severally to get them to help as i had to catch the flight to elpaso bt they kept insisting i had time, bt God in his infinite mercies compensated with a wonderful CBP officer.
The interview was very brief, less than 5mims
We said hello and he asked me where I was going, told him elpaso and he went say what? I'm from elpaso (I was so happy I knew baba GOD had taken control) and from there it was all smile, he asked if I was in the army I just laughed and said no, then he asked what I was going to do I told him vacation and to have my baby, then he said oh guess U ' ll be using --- (he was trying to remember the name of the health centre) , I reminded him and he said oh ok, bt isn't it expensive I told him yes bt it's discounted for self - pay patients, he said ok, all the time he didn't ask for any docs just told me to finger print, scanned my passport, took my pic and stamped me in for 6 months, I doubt if he even checked my visa interview transcript, na that one bin dey fear me
after that I picked my bags and went to check in for the local flight (let me mention that I had to pay 60 usd for my bags on the flight to elpaso)
All in all I give glory to God it was a stressful journey but the Poe experience was sweet.
Checked into intown suites, I have even had my first appointment and paid the bill, na to dey wait for baby remain.
Abeg I don't know ow to send pms, elpaso mums staying at intown suites, ow do we meet, this place is really quiet o

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 11:18pm On Jan 09, 2015
justwise:

Were you applying to give birth in the US then?

Planning to give birth in US ko.... doesn't matter. My friend just got her visa and she went to the embassy saying she wanted to have her baby in the states , na dustbin dai inside her account as she isn't even working (got most of her info from me through this thread). Her husband is sponsoring and has good US travel history. Lemme add that she wasn't even asked for her statement, but was asked for the statement of the person sponsoring (her husband )...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 11:32pm On Jan 09, 2015
kizluv:

Planning to give birth in US ko.... doesn't matter. My friend just got her visa and she went to the embassy saying she wanted to have her baby in the states , na dustbin dai inside her account as she isn't even working (got most of her info from me through this thread). Her husband is sponsoring and has good US travel history. Lemme add that she wasn't even asked for her statement, but was asked for the statement of the person sponsoring (her husband )...

Of course that makes the difference, he is her husband, so his money is as good as hers, she doesn't need to show her own bank account because her husband's bank statement is good enough for the project as a sponsor.

You made it sound as if she went with 500K for everything and was given a visa which is not true.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shagaman: 12:46am On Jan 10, 2015
moniyet:

The lagos dubai journey was a lot more comfortable for me than the dubai Dallas leg, emirates economy no get leg room at all and I was unlucky enough not to have any free space beside me, it wasn't funny, coupled with the fact that I requested for wheelchair services bt never got it, the walking at the dubai airport wasn't easy on my back at all, then when we got to Dallas after 15 hours of discomfort, I had to be on my feet for 2 hrs as there were many flights arriving at the same time, the officers no just look my side at all, dem no send me and my big belle, i tried severally to get them to help as i had to catch the flight to elpaso bt they kept insisting i had time, bt God in his infinite mercies compensated with a wonderful CBP officer.
The interview was very brief, less than 5mims
We said hello and he asked me where I was going, told him elpaso and he went say what? I'm from elpaso (I was so happy I knew baba GOD had taken control) and from there it was all smile, he asked if I was in the army I just laughed and said no, then he asked what I was going to do I told him vacation and to have my baby, then he said oh guess U ' ll be using --- (he was trying to remember the name of the health centre) , I reminded him and he said oh ok, bt isn't it expensive I told him yes bt it's discounted for self - pay patients, he said ok, all the time he didn't ask for any docs just told me to finger print, scanned my passport, took my pic and stamped me in for 6 months, I doubt if he even checked my visa interview transcript, na that one bin dey fear me
after that I picked my bags and went to check in for the local flight (let me mention that I had to pay 60 usd for my bags on the flight to elpaso)
All in all I give glory to God it was a stressful journey but the Poe experience was sweet.
Checked into intown suites, I have even had my first appointment and paid the bill, na to dey wait for baby remain.
Abeg I don't know ow to send pms, elpaso mums staying at intown suites, ow do we meet, this place is really quiet o

my baby my love enjoy intown suites oooo,no light as we dey now...hahahahahaha mama Americana

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by weaseloo: 1:27am On Jan 10, 2015
What is the least amount to enter Houston with?

My bill is $10k and I have cash of $4K, and my Capital One Debit & Credit Card & my Naira Mastercard. I intend to show them the bank cards at POE. Has this worked for someone before?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shelly23: 1:49am On Jan 10, 2015
weaseloo:
What is the least amount to enter Houston with?

My bill is $10k and I have cash of $4K, and my Capital One Debit & Credit Card & my Naira Mastercard. I intend to show them the bank cards at POE. Has this worked for someone before?

If you can, i'll suggest you print the statements for the debit cards showing the balance. For the Nigerian one, just write the dollar equivalent under the naira balance.
As you know Houston is notorious for harassing pregnant ladies (I just think Nigerians in general) and the more money you have, the easier it is to call their bluff.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 3:08am On Jan 10, 2015
Hello All,

I had my baby girl on Tuesday at Del Sol Medical Centre, El Paso.

Thanks be to God. Excellent service too.

For now, I'm recovering and trying to help baby breast feed. Will update later.

God bless us all.

23 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by moniyet: 5:13am On Jan 10, 2015
MerryMom:
Hello All,

I had my baby girl on Tuesday at Del Sol Medical Centre, El Paso.

Thanks be to God. Excellent service too.

For now, I'm recovering and trying to help baby breast feed. Will update later.

God bless us all.

Congrats Merrymom, may God bless ur princess, pele guess it was sweet abi? To God be the glory, we await d full gist when u r strong enuf to gist us, btw r u staying at intown suites, may I tie gele come chop naming rice nxt week grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.