Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,228 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (307) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1380387 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 6:19am On Jan 10, 2015
MerryMom:
Hello All,
I had my baby girl on Tuesday at Del Sol Medical Centre, El Paso.
Thanks be to God. Excellent service too.
For now, I'm recovering and trying to help baby breast feed. Will update later.
God bless us all.
. Congrats. God bless the little one.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 6:29am On Jan 10, 2015
moniyet:

The lagos dubai journey was a lot more comfortable for me than the dubai Dallas leg, emirates economy no get leg room at all and I was unlucky enough not to have any free e then he said oh guess U ' ll be using --- (he t, took my pic and stamped me in for 6 months, I doubt if he even checked my visa interview n the flight to elpaso)
to dey wait for baby remain.
Abeg I don't know ow to send pms, elpaso mums staying at intown suites, All in all I give glory to God it was a stressful journey but the Poe experience was sweet.
Checked into intown suites, I have even had my first appointment and paid the bill, na do we meet, this place is really quiet o
thank God for a successful Poe but this your emirates experience scare me small o. This is the first time I am hearing about small economy leg space. What happened with the wheel chair? Why were u not given? Were the hostesses nice? Asides from being long, what other complaints about the dubai Dallas leg. Na emirates I dey fly o, help a sis
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by baslone: 6:48am On Jan 10, 2015
My interview was quite brief and interesting. Wifey and I went to the consulate dressed simple in shirts and sneakers. Tension was quite high.

The lady V.O was just dashing almost everybody while the man was refusing everyone before us but one. He didnt even put up a smile. In my heart I was praying to avoid him and i guessed every other person was. The only person he issued a visa was a young girl and she spent almost 20 minutes with him.

Unfortunately, my prayer wasnt answered- we were summoned to his stand. My heart was beating, my throat was dry because of the crazy harmattan.

We: Good afternoon

VO: Good afternoon, so what do you want to go and do in the U.S

Wifey: To have our baby

VO: where?

Wifey: Atlanta

VO: how long do you intend to stay?

Wifey: 10 weeks

VO: You look quite young, you guys married?

ME: yes (flashed him my diamond studded ring. Last time i wore a wedding ring was over a year)

VO: interesting, so how long have you been married?

Wifey: two and half years.

VO: any letter from the doctor?

Me: yes sure (passed him letters from Dr Soyoola and receipt of payments to doctor and hospital)

Me: i have email correspondence from Gwinnett Medicals here too if you insist.

VO: no thats fine, can i see your statement of account.
(I had a huge bulk that couldnt pass under his demarcation so i divided it into half and as i was passing it over to him)

VO: and what do you do for a living?

Me: I am a. . . .

VO: wooow! (Smiles for the first time), you mean you . . . (Starts talking about my business)., You guys make a lotta money.( scans through the statement)

Me: (smiling now too) yes we do and i own the company.

VO: that's great. That means you must be very rich.
(VO, wifey and myself burst into laughter)

Me: Yes I am ( still laughing)

VO: i tell you what, you can pick up your visas on Monday.
(Turned to my wife, passing her 2 typed sheets)

VO: i want you to study this and make sure you follow the instructions accordingly when you traveling.

Me: (talking to wifey) shey u can hear oo

VO: naah! You have to listen too. You impregnated her so you have to lead her all the way.
(VO, wifey and myself burst into laughter again as we turned to leave)

Wifey: did you say Monday? (Every other person that were granted visas were told Tuesday, so she had to re-confirm)

VO: yes Monday

We: alright thanks (smiling)

And that was it.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Gracydee(f): 6:49am On Jan 10, 2015
MerryMom:
Hello All,

God bless us all.

Congratulations Merrymom, God bless your little princess.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Larondoo22: 7:49am On Jan 10, 2015
mabels:
mean Lagos response

Thank you for your email.

Your B-class visa does not entitle you to entrance to the United States—it simply entitles you to arrive at a port-of-entry to the United States and apply for admission to an officer of the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) unit on duty there. The Customs and Border Protection, a branch of USCIS, determines a traveler’s eligibility of entry to the U.S, you should be prepared to demonstrate to the immigration officer at the port of entry why you are seeking medical treatment and that you have logistical and financial plans for the treatment.

We recommend that you review the regulations on non-immigrant aliens entering the United States for purposes of childbirth at http://redirect.state.sbu/?url=https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/882/~/visit-the-u.s.-while-pregnant-and-the-risks-involved and plan accordingly. Please you should not stay in the U.S. longer than you are permitted by Customs and Border Protection at the port of entry. The Department of Homeland Security at the port of entry will determine your eligibility to enter the United States on any travel.

If you choose to give birth in the U.S., we advise you to bring evidence of payment, both when you enter the U.S. on this visit, and at your future U.S. visa interviews.

Abuja's

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your inquiry. Before you travel to the United States to have a child you should make the appropriate preparations, including an appointment with a healthcare provider, detailed information about where you will receive your medical services, and an estimate of the financial costs. Immigration officials may ask for this information upon your arrival. Healthcare in the United States is expensive. Costs associated with child birth are high and can escalate quickly if there are complications. You are expected to pay all costs associated with the medical services received. Retain an itemized statement of account from your healthcare provider that outlines all of the charges from your care and receipt of your payment.

We hope this information is helpful to you. Congratulations to you and your family.

Best Regards,

Consular Section

This email is UNCLASSIFIED.

I will print that of Abuja and use at the point of entry.
pls which email did you use to contact them
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 8:46am On Jan 10, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

Of course that makes the difference, he is her husband, so his money is as good as hers, she doesn't need to show her own bank account because her husband's bank statement is good enough for the project as a sponsor.

You made it sound as if she went with 500K for everything and was given a visa which is not true.

WHAT!! justwise, before you carry knife and dagger why dont you read what I wrote well. I said I didn't have up to 500k In my account when I applied and the VO didn't ask me for my statement. When did I say I used 500k (or anyone used 500k)to apply!!!!! shocked shocked shocked , are you for real?. I was only telling him that there is no need to start transferring 5M up and down, his statement is just as good. I don't come here to form stories. When I mentioned 500k, I said ME. How did you turn that post to the post concerning my friend. SMH
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by segbas(m): 8:50am On Jan 10, 2015
Hello My people,
Kindly advise me on this. I live in Doha, Qatar with my wife and daughter, we are working and our child is in Nursery here, she will be 3 in June, my wife is pregnant and we are planning to deliver the pregnancy in US, please let me know the required info and doc to prepare and how to find the cheap hospital in the state.
we are applying from Doha,
Thanks in advance. I will really appreciate your advise. thansk all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 8:56am On Jan 10, 2015
[quote author=baslone post=29656710]

Congratulations to you n ur wifey. Your interview was quite interesting, a way was made where you thot there wasn't.

1) Do you mind sharing the instructions in the 2 sheets haded out to you guys?
2) Was the interview Lagos or Abuja?

Would send you a PM

Thankx

Best regards
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 9:12am On Jan 10, 2015
[quote author=MerryMom post=29655231]

Congratulations! God bless you n the baby
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 9:32am On Jan 10, 2015
theres no day people will not fight on this thread.
*settles down with my tray of pap ready to be sundried*

pls can i pack indomie? what flavour?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Gracydee(f): 9:44am On Jan 10, 2015
Hello house,

Please has anyone experienced poe at miami? Please share your experience if you have .

Also has anyone flown Qatar airlines before? how was the experience.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by moniyet: 9:59am On Jan 10, 2015
sayoberry:

Yes u can.pack.indomie, I packed as much as I cld and they didn't even blink while searching and it's light too not as heavy as rice and spaghetti which I had to reduce cos of the weight
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by moniyet: 10:07am On Jan 10, 2015
MamaTobenna:
thank God for a successful Poe but this your emirates experience scare me small o. This is the first time I am hearing about small economy leg space. What happened with the wheel chair? Why were u not given? Were the hostesses nice? Asides from being long, what other complaints about the dubai Dallas leg. Na emirates I dey fly o, help a sis

I was surprised too cos I hrd great things, d hostesses were pleasant tho, and d food was flowing if u sabi to eat and enjoy the oyinbo food, maybe it was my imagination sha bt the first leg frm lag to dubai had more space, don't let my experience spoil urs, I was uncomfortable and my feet were swollen even with all the 2 hrs walking maybe cos I wasn't able to wiggle and stretch so much, I hope it's more comfortable for u tho, as per the wheel chair don't really know ow it works, wat I hrd was when u arrive, u wld see them and just confirm ur name, I didn't see anybody with wheel chairs and no emirates staff to confirm from, although the lady here in lag asked if I wanted from dubai or lag and I said from dubai, don't understand wat happened sha, bt u can reconfirm ow it works b4 flying.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Adiahabasi: 10:20am On Jan 10, 2015
Gracydee:
Hello house,

Please has anyone experienced poe at miami? Please share your experience if you have .

. Hmmm Quatar the world's 5 star airline,to be sincere its One of d best airlines out there,good leg space,attentive hostesses,refreshment & food not bad. But,d stopover in doha is crazy,did lagos-london wt them,stopover was 8hours,thot we'll be lodged like emirates & royal air Jordán do,but there was nothing like that,had to sleep in d departure area.Not sure a preggy wld be able to manage sleeping on a bench like couch.Yet to see any of their flight wtout a gangster stopover...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by favouredB(f): 11:03am On Jan 10, 2015
MerryMom:
Hello All,

God bless us all.

Congratulations dear. GOD'S name be praised
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shagaman: 11:19am On Jan 10, 2015
@MerryMom congrats ,and we thank GOD for good news all the way,send regards to Baby oooo.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 11:22am On Jan 10, 2015
MerryMom:
Hello All,

God bless us all.

Congrats MerryMom. Praise God for a successful delivery and healthy baby.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by segbas(m): 11:28am On Jan 10, 2015
segbas:
Hello My people,
Kindly advise me on this. I live in Doha, Qatar with my wife and daughter, we are working and our child is in Nursery here, she will be 3 in June, my wife is pregnant and we are planning to deliver the pregnancy in US, please let me know the required info and doc to prepare and how to find the cheap hospital in the state.
we are applying from Doha,
Thanks in advance. I will really appreciate your advise. thanks all.

Please, I am waiting oooo.
Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oas99(f): 11:52am On Jan 10, 2015
You guys are playing love on nairaland ni grin

shagaman:

my baby my love enjoy intown suites oooo,no light as we dey now...hahahahahaha mama Americana

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shagaman: 12:54pm On Jan 10, 2015
oas99:
You guys are playing love on nairaland ni grin

hahahahahahaha lets lead by example naaaa .... grin cool
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kykes: 2:18pm On Jan 10, 2015
sayoberry:

Any flavour but chicken flavour.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by 1sttimemom: 2:46pm On Jan 10, 2015
moniyet:

Hello all, arrived El - paso roughly 24 hrs ago, although my hubby has posted my Poe experience , maybe I shld post mine too as na me experience am.
No long story tho, d Poe experience was the easiest of all the entire journey, I had more difficulty at our airport than I did at Dallas airport, first my fit to fly letter didn't av my edd, don't know ow we managed to forget that, then she started asking for zip code and insisted I wouldn't get boarding pass if I didn't av it, thank God for her colleague who gave her one to use.
I flew emirates and the journey was a journey of life, abeg preggy mama's av to be really fit as that journey no b small waka
hey ur welcome,wr in elpaso are u staying?if. Ur intown let us hook up
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by weaseloo: 3:39pm On Jan 10, 2015
weaseloo:
What is the least amount to enter Houston with?

My bill is $10k and I have cash of $4K, and my Capital One Debit & Credit Card & my Naira Mastercard. I intend to show them the bank cards at POE. Has this worked for someone before?

shelly23:

If you can, i'll suggest you print the statements for the debit cards showing the balance. For the Nigerian one, just write the dollar equivalent under the naira balance.
As you know Houston is notorious for harassing pregnant ladies (I just think Nigerians in general) and the more money you have, the easier it is to call their bluff.

Thanks for your response. I will go with my statements as well.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oluwafunkenny: 4:00pm On Jan 10, 2015
Why not change the Nigerian Naira in your account to dollars through PTA to have more cash at hand. One of my customers was delayed for more than three hours at the German embassy simply because the cash he had on him wasn't enough to purchase what he came to buy, he showed them the statement and their question was that if you have the cash in your account and you have not exceeded the limit then why didn't you change it. They thought he had no money in his account despite showing them statement with bank stamp.

The bank headoffice line on the statement was called and they requested for a statement to be scanned to them before he was allowed to enter. though have not heard this from US POE but is better to be harmed and not be ridiculed.
weaseloo:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GFavor: 4:05pm On Jan 10, 2015
@1sttimemom
Thanks for readering help. Hubby got a hotel for me to lodge for the night close to in town suites I will check in later today. How do we meet at least let put a face to all these.

@ NL house,
The info shared here has really helped me from visa application to poe yestdy. I will share immediately I settle down.
Thanks to all the good people of NL.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ozycy: 5:33pm On Jan 10, 2015
weaseloo:

. It's been so long I posted here. It's good to see that the thread is growing everyday by day. Just to chip in my thought @ Weaseloo it's been well known that houston is a POE full of drama and pple tend to avoid it or be fully armed. Carrying $4000 maybe number 2 reason why you may be taken to secondary inspection. I had similar experience sometime January 2014 and was delayed for over 8hrs. I had abt $5000 while my doctors letter bill stated abt $8k. Even though I told them I also had $5000 in my card but I think dey really believe in cash at hand. I also know sb dat was sent back for going wt $1k even though she wasn't der for child birth. Si my advice is that if u must go tru houston, you should try as much as possible to carry enof cash as much as u can. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by moniyet: 6:56pm On Jan 10, 2015
1sttimemom:
hey ur welcome,wr in elpaso are u staying?if. Ur intown let us hook up
Tanx 1sttimemom, yes I'm at intown suites, ground floor, pls can u send a pm, don't know ow to
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by 1sttimemom: 8:43pm On Jan 10, 2015
moniyet:

Tanx 1sttimemom, yes I'm at intown suites, ground floor, pls can u send a pm, don't know ow to
don't knw ow to. Either.dis. Is my. Email tho.send me a mail.mizzdabizz2003@yahoo.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 9:01pm On Jan 10, 2015
segbas:

Please, I am waiting oooo.
Thanks.

I can c no one has answered you. yes u can apply from Doha as long as u hv d means to foot d bill. secondly, which hosp r u lukn @, d state etc... dats where u shuld start from. on dis thread we have sooo many hosp mentioned here. i'll advise u read thru den make ur choice. also steps to take 4 ur application has been mentioned here likewise but feel free to ask any question .

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by effectsbaby: 9:31pm On Jan 10, 2015
Gracydee:
Hello house,

My husband flew Qatar to Dallas when I had my baby, the experience was not pleasant. 21 , hours layover, they refuse to grant Nigerians visa to go into town and stay in a hotel. They were left in the departure lounge with miserable food court vouchers. However, he mentioned that a family with infant was given access to business class lounge so they may do same for pregnant women but it's better to consider another
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Gracydee(f): 9:39pm On Jan 10, 2015
Adiahabasi:
. Hmmm Quatar the world's 5 star airline,to be sincere its One of d best airlines out there,good leg space,attentive hostesses,refreshment & food not bad. But,d stopover in doha is crazy,did lagos-london wt them,stopover was 8hours,thot we'll be lodged like emirates & royal air Jordán do,but there was nothing like that,had to sleep in d departure area.Not sure a preggy wld be able to manage sleeping on a bench like couch.Yet to see any of their flight wtout a gangster stopover...

Thanks so much for the info
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Gracydee(f): 9:41pm On Jan 10, 2015
effectsbaby:

My husband flew Qatar to Dallas when I had my baby, the experience was not pleasant. 21 , hours layover, they refuse to grant Nigerians visa to go into town and start in a hotel. They were left in the departure lounge with miserable food court vouchers. However, he mentioned that a family with infant were given access to business class lounge so they may do same for pregnant women but it's better to consider another

Thanks for the info..will continue my search for affordable flight ticket.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.