Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,676 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1380449 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oluwafunkenny: 5:38pm On Jan 11, 2015
Yes, Access, Keystone, Diamond and Skye give cash.

IyawoToBe:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by moniyet: 7:11pm On Jan 11, 2015
diva4eva:
@ moniyet...
I'll be in El paso on the 22nd of January and will be staying at intown suites. Hope to meet u before boredom kill somebody. I have been a silent reader grin .
OK ma, I full ground, I suppose Don know town well well by then.... av a safe trip
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by angel55: 8:05pm On Jan 11, 2015
Hello everyone. Happy new year to us all Big congratulations to all new births @ Phema, merry mum. Thank God for my sister Nef. We will all continue to testify of his wonderful works in our lives. @moniyet sorry abt ur emirate experience. I flew emirate year and the Dubai -Dallas Was more roomy because it was an AIR BUS with upstairs and downstairs. In the spirit of giving back I successfully had a VBAC, last year November. My personal lesson: most hospitals in America don't do VBAC especially privately owned hospitals, so for those opting for VBAC try govt owned hospitals.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 8:49pm On Jan 11, 2015
modath:
^^^^^
@Iyawo, I'm laughing here cos of the numerous emoticons,you no know b4 say the blue pali quest na money wey reach to establish viable business? grin
Everyday, I still debate with myself cos the money plenri gan!! I'm damn too frugal.
Lol. My sister may God replenish our pocket o. See as we dey use our hard earned money boost another country economy... Nigeria will be great someday; I have that assurance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 9:43pm On Jan 11, 2015
Hello Guys,

Anyone with affordable apartment is Houston/Richmond area. PPle interested in sharing apartments are due for houston next week,WHERE UNA DEY tongue

@Tvegas
What is the rate from the Shadowbrooke apartments and how did you get it?Sent you a PM
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 11, 2015
Hello, did u get a response to this Ur enquiry?.Gone thru d thread. Didn't find any. I thot I had my mind made up on ElPaso but I am now worried seeing this. Do they really refuse entry if u have doctores parati letter? @justwise I hope I haven't broken any rules with my question again. undecided

Thank you. A friend mentioned doctores parati to me and that informed my choice of Texas. I have actually contacted them but I need first hand info from anyone who has used them recently. I think I read somewhere on this thread that their appointment letters are always in doubt at the POE. Can someone pls clarify this for me. I would really appreciate[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bosebabs(f): 10:31pm On Jan 11, 2015
Hello all, I had my baby on the 1st of jan but I didn't inform the embassy dat I was going to give birth in america cos I already had my visa b4 I got pregnant.
My tummy wasn't big when I came in dec and I didn't have any challenge at POE. The guy didn't even know I was preg and I just told him I was here for vacation.
I hope there won't be any issue when I want to renew my visa
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Virtuousdiva: 10:42pm On Jan 11, 2015
RitRit:
Hello, did u get a response to this Ur enquiry?.Gone thru d thread. Didn't find any. I thot I had my mind made up on ElPaso but I am now worried seeing this. Do they really refuse entry if u have doctores parati letter? @justwise I hope I haven't broken any rules with my question again. undecided
Thank you. A friend mentioned doctores parati to me and that informed my choice of Texas. I have actually contacted them but I need first hand info from anyone who has used them recently. I think I read somewhere on this thread that their appointment letters are always in doubt at the POE. Can someone pls clarify this for me. I would really appreciate

There are so many people who have used them and talked about them on the thread.Just try and read backwards.Secondly,it has never been mentioned that their letter of medical responsibility is rejected at POE.It is when using in to apply for visa that some VO's have doubts and this just started recently as some people who secured visas earlier used it.I hope its clear now.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jan 11, 2015
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 11:48pm On Jan 11, 2015
Thankful to God for journey mercy, Wifey n son are now in houston. POE was very brief and pleasant.

CBP: why are you her
Wifey; vacation n av baby
CBP: did u declare dis at interview at d embassy?
Wifey: yes
CBP: I will check to confirm dis
Wifey: yes, go ahead
CBP: why u wanna av ur baby in the US?
Wifey: cos its d best for she n baby, besides had complications with the first and lost 2 pregs last year
CBP: how much do you have with you?
Wifey: $9.9k
CBP: any Naija money on you?
Wifey: No
CBP: you work in a hospital, so you don't av confidence to av ur baby there, why must u come to d US
Wifey: repeated earlier response abt sure to receive the best servi
CBP: calls another officer to take wifey to secondary inspection
CBP: how much do u av?
Wifey: $9.9k hands all over to officer
CBP: counts all d notes
CBP: proceeded to give wifey advise regarding paying all bills and collecting zero balance, ensure safe keeping of all receipt and av dem handy when coming d US for subsequent visits n embassy
CBP: leads wifey to food scanning section, and met a nigerian and friendly banter ensued. Luckily none of the items were seized

That's it, it took less than 40 mins, Delta was lovely provided wheel chair in lagos airport, wifey's seat was changed to allow son more room to sleep, wifey was assited all the way. She had someone pick her bags and wheel thru out.

NB: for all travelling please ensure you leave home early cos of mad traffic leading departure area due to road to road blocade n presence of military men who do nuthg but look at you!

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 11:56pm On Jan 11, 2015
bosebabs:
Hello all, I had my baby on the 1st of jan but I didn't inform the embassy dat I was going to give birth in america cos I already had my visa b4 I got pregnant.
My tummy wasn't big when I came in dec and I didn't have any challenge at POE. The guy didn't even know I was preg and I just told him I was here for vacation.

Keep all your receipts and other documents because you may be asked when leaving the U.S. and during visa renewer. I really don't know why people hide pregnancy from the embassy and at POE even when they can afford to pay for the delivery.

Good luck though.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by segbas(m): 5:30am On Jan 12, 2015
justwise:

Keep all your receipts and other documents because you may be asked when leaving the U.S. and during visa renewer. I really don't know why people hide pregnancy from the embassy and at POE even when they can afford to pay for the delivery.

Good luck though.

@Justwise:
I am planning to apply for visa in Doha, Qatar as we reside andd work here. But so many mis information about from our Naija people here that if you tell the VO that you want to go give birth in US they may deny you visa because they will know is because of citizenship bla bla bla. I have tried to explain that is normal and hiding that you are pregant is even what they hate. But our ppl reasoning is always negative.

I want to know if one can truely apply from any US embassy just because you want to go and give birth or is only happening in Africa (Nigeria) only because of the health standard. Because is part of what ppl are saying here.
Please clarify. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hopefulme: 7:07am On Jan 12, 2015
Congrats @bj for the Smooth poe.

Hello house.please will there be any possible delay if 2adults and a toddler travel with more than 9.9k used.what has been anyone,s experience so far on money exceeding this amount.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hopefulme: 7:30am On Jan 12, 2015
[quote author=bj2012golf post=29710935]Thankful to God for journey mercy, Wifey n son are now in houston. POE was

That's it, it took less than 40 mins, Delta was lovely provided wheel chair in lagos airport, wifey's seat was changed to allow son more room to sleep, wifey was assited all the way. She had someone pick her bags and wheel thru out.

Please did u buy a toddler seat for your son?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dere5: 7:49am On Jan 12, 2015
hopefulme:

Hello house.please will there be any possible delay if 2adults and a toddler travel with more than 9.9k used.what has been anyone,s experience so far on money exceeding this amount.

I dont think you will have any problem if you travel with more than 9.9k, i think the important thing there is for you to declear the exact amount you are carying,fill it in tne form they will give you before landing and declear it when you get to poe.DONT WAIT FOR THEM TO ASK YOU BEFORE DECLEARING IT O. Or better still you and the other adult can split it among yourselfs and convince them at poe that what each individual is carrying belongs to him.
This is just my opinion i stand to be corrected by gurus in the house
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by labdej: 7:52am On Jan 12, 2015
Good day all,

Please can anyone assist me with any sample letter of invitation from a US resident.

My wife, son and I intend to travel to the US to have our second child. We intend applying for the visa and declaring our true intention.

We have an aunt living there who is willing to accomodate us during the period. But she requires a sample letter of invitation which she can

write to invite us.

I do not want to just write any sample for her, I need one that would contain all the improtant information usually needed by the US embassy.

Kindly assist
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jyde2014: 9:08am On Jan 12, 2015
uchetobi:

Daily basis? You are gearing up for no 2 be that grin regards
Well; Na God Hand that one dey oooooo.
regards to your family.....

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bolexy1: 9:19am On Jan 12, 2015
[quote author=hopefulme post=29714808][/quote]

We paid 75% of fare, he's 2yrs 2mnths. Toddle r is from 0 - 2yrs
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 9:36am On Jan 12, 2015
lisamarris:
I am interested

Hello Lisamarris,
I believe you are in Texas now,How did you eventually get sorted with an affordable accomdation? Need info urgently.Sent you a PM
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dere5: 9:36am On Jan 12, 2015
labdej:
Good day all,

Please can anyone assist me with any sample letter of invitation from a US resident.

My wife, son and I intend to travel to the US to have our second child. We intend applying for the visa and declaring our true intention.

We have an aunt living there who is willing to accomodate us during the period. But she requires a sample letter of invitation which she can

write to invite us.

I do not want to just write any sample for her, I need one that would contain all the improtant information usually needed by the US embassy.

Kindly assist
I would advice you to go back and read this thread very well,,at least from the last 100 pages backward,you will find all the info you need for this venture. I dont think your auntys iv letter is one of the most important things you need right now, come to think of it you dont even need any aunty to invite you once you have evidence to prove that you can fund such a venture,start looking for hospital and doctot around your auntys location e..t.c. The most important thing is read this thread and do your homework.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hopefulme: 9:36am On Jan 12, 2015
bolexy1:

We paid 75% of fare, he's 2yrs 2mnths. Toddle r is from 0 - 2yrs

Thanks for the response.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 10:48am On Jan 12, 2015
bosebabs:

Hi.
just make sure u pay all bills and keep ur receipts. you should be good with that.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 10:54am On Jan 12, 2015
segbas:

@Justwise:
I am planning to apply for visa in Doha, Qatar as we reside andd work here. But so many mis information about from our Naija people here that if you tell the VO that you want to go give birth in US they may deny you visa because they will know is because of citizenship bla bla bla. I have tried to explain that is normal and hiding that you are pregant is even what they hate. But our ppl reasoning is always negative.

I want to know if one can truely apply from any US embassy just because you want to go and give birth or is only happening in Africa (Nigeria) only because of the health standard. Because is part of what ppl are saying here.
Please clarify. Thanks.

Don't waste your time listening to such people, some Nigerians will always look for a way to circumvent any legitimate system and think they are smart but the opposite is the case.

If you are living legally in Qatar with a good job then you got nothing to worry about, the most important thing is to proof that you can adequately afford it without it affecting your economic situation back home.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by segbas(m): 11:07am On Jan 12, 2015
justwise:

Don't waste your time listening to such people, some Nigerians will always look for a way to circumvent any legitimate system and think they are smart but the opposite is the case.

If you are living legally in Qatar with a good job then you got nothing to worry about, the most important thing is to proof that you can adequately afford it without it affecting your economic situation back home.

Good luck.

@Justwise

Thanks a lot broda, you've said it all. I have a job here and also does my wife.. And financing the trip and all the expenses is not the problem.
Thanks once again.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 11:19am On Jan 12, 2015
segbas:

@Justwise

Thanks a lot broda, you've said it all. I have a job here and also does my wife.. And financing the trip and all the expenses is not the problem.
Thanks once again.

All the very best and good luck.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Lorlahbee: 11:54am On Jan 12, 2015
Hi all, I truly appreciate all info shared on this thread God bless u all. I'm in dallas now and want to share my POE experience although very short but sure it would inspire someone...
Cbp- hi
me- good afternoon
cbp- y are u here?
Me- vacation and to have my baby
cbp- say that again
me- vacation and to have my baby
cbp- is this d address of where you will be staying?
Me- yes
he stamps me in for 6 months, no inspection at all thank you Jesus.

Daz all for now. I have doctors appointment at jps hospital on monday. I'll keep you posted.

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bbaby84(f): 2:23pm On Jan 12, 2015
hopefulme:

So far you declare it... You can take as much as you want. And if you're travelling as as a family you can't split the money just declare after all its your money.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Adiahabasi: 3:45pm On Jan 12, 2015
Lorlahbee:
Hi all, I truly appreciate all info shared on this thread God bless u all. I'm in dallas now and want to share my POE experience although very short but sure it would inspire someone...
Cbp- hi
me- good afternoon
cbp- y are u here?
Me- vacation and to have my baby
cbp- say that again
me- vacation and to have my baby
cbp- is this d address of where you will be staying?
Me- yes
he stamps me in for 6 months, no inspection at all thank you Jesus.

Daz all for now. I have doctors appointment at jps hospital on monday. I'll keep you posted.

Congrats on ur smooth entry! Pls would you be staying in a rented apartment or with family?need info on affordable accomodation n d dallas area. Thanks and God bless

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 12, 2015
Good day ElPaso NLers,

I just got an email from Doctores Parati that if I need a personalized letter of medical responsibility from a doctor in Del Sol Med Center (as I requested), then I have to pay a $100 non-refundable fee. In light of the recent concerns on Doctores Parati letters at the embassy, I want to ask if anyone has paid for this personalized letter and still experienced issues. Thanks.

@justwise....ejo o. Shey I am not spamming this time. I need info biko.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lisamarris(f): 4:33pm On Jan 12, 2015
Hello Nairalanders, if you are using oakbend or methodist sugarland and you are yet to find an accomdation, I can be of help. I rented a room in a big house and all the other rooms are still vacant. You can send me an email and i will reply you.
Also if you are coming in March, you can take up my room.
My email is eseoboh@yahoo.com.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lisamarris(f): 4:36pm On Jan 12, 2015
PrinceAdeAde:

Hello Lisamarris,
I believe you are in Texas now,How did you eventually get sorted with an affordable accomdation? Need info urgently.Sent you a PM

Hello PrinceAdeade, I got a house and I am only using a room in the house. You can send me an email and I will give you more information. The house is about 10 to 15 mins from oakbend. My email is eseoboh@yahoo.com.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 4:39pm On Jan 12, 2015
Hallo my people. We welcomed a baby boy into the world on the 7th of January 2015, coincidentally January 10th was my wife’s birthday, so it’s been double celebration. I have also been busy changing diaper, rocking baby etc The experience was an awesome one, labor proceeded slowly so you could see me praying more than papa adeboye. Infact after the episode I asked myself if I could pray that much.lol.

We had gone to oakbend on Williams way campus to inspect the facility before that day so everything was familiar. They have private birthing suites and private post-partum rooms . Dr fagbohun also kept checking on us,one of his doctors an Indian named Sherry eventually took the delivery.
I see a lot of confusion around Dr Fagbohun’s practice and I wanna address them as I see many people insisting on staying in Richmond to birth. Richmond is kinda bushy and very quiet, someone like me cant stay there. Fagbohun has 4 clinics where you can have your prenatal visits, these clinics are spread across Houston, Sugarland and 2 in Richmond. I live close to Sugarland so we selected that option; I have also visited the one in Richmond before. Oakbend itself has about 3 hospitals in Richmond but you will deliver at Williams way campus.

Dr fagbohun (Baba) is actually the medical director of the Oakbend medical center located on the Williams way campus. He presently has 4 doctors on his payroll . He shuttles around the 4 clinics and insists on meeting his clients at their clinic visits, honestly I don’t know why he doesn't delegate the check ups. This man has an average of 15 clients in each clinic per day. He also personally answer your emails, he doesn’t delegate that one too. He is a stakeholder in Oakbend, so on the average if 15 people are admitted, his own client may be like 8 while other doctors share the rest. But at every time he has at least one of his doctors on duty.
He told me he has delivered 4,000 babies till date. The man is actually experienced and too sure of himself. Which brings me to his major weakness, overconfidence but not arrogance as he is very playful.

I selected him not really because of the money but I wanted someone I could relate with and I needed someone that could help negotiate my bills incase of any complications. We actually had a quarrel before we became friends because his preferred method of delivery is induction, so my wife was scheduled for induction at 39 weeks before her due date. I guess because of his busy schedule, he wants to attend every birth but we weren’t hell bent on having him around. So as a JJC I wanted to get a better explanation on this induction method but he wasn’t on duty when we got to the hospital, our phone conversation resulted in an argument. We returned back home on the day of initial induction, Dec 28th and decided to wait till my wife’s EDD was past. A couple of NL members used induction successfully though, so it’s a 50/50 thing, it can lead to natural birth or CS. He won’t force you to induce except there is a risk to the baby, so you have to let him know what you want early enough. We finally induced after my wife’s due date and we thank God it was successful.

I will write the final chapter of my diary when I finish documentation and get the zero balance from Oakbend. My BC will be ready today, it was processed on the 8th.

I have been getting lots of love from NL members. shout out to the Houston crew . Special appreciation to Naniakay for visiting us with pepper soup and gifts on Saturday.

Congrats to the new Visa Receivers and The new babies in the House.

@GENOMI: my friend everything happens for a reason. We need to be grateful. What if the water broke when you were airborne?

@Princeadeade and Ritdan, I won’t advise you to book shadowbrooke except you have cash to burn. It’s a beautiful environment though. We pay like $2000 dollars per month for a flat , which is not inclusive of utility bills and furnishings . We had to pay 3 full months that we didn’t use.And we were properly ripped off by the Nigerian-American agent who thought we were adenuga’s children (story for another day) . If you insist I will give their details though. I helped some Nairaland members check out a place on highway 6, I will send the details to you too. Cheers

18 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.