Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,307 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1381454 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 11, 2013
eelmawaldi: Guys, me and my wife wants to give birth in US. Can somebody help which city would be the cheapest and safe also.

Thanks

Please don't be lazy. Read the thread from the first page. There is enough info concerning that already.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Whole79: 9:15pm On Oct 11, 2013
eelmawaldi: Guys, me and my wife wants to give birth in US. Can somebody help which city would be the cheapest and safe also.

Thanks
I think a lot have been said on this forum about giving birth in the US. hoever, to answer your question, based on what people have been posting on this forum, only two hospitals are consistent because of the package they have for intending mothers. They are doctoresparati, el paso and MIHS, Phoenix and I think the later is the cheapest but I am still wandering why a lot of people are using el paso more despite the fact that is more expensive than MIHS. May be because of the fact that there are more possitive reviews of el paso. All in all, read through everything that have been said on this forum and make your choice. No one will give you anything different from what has already been posted. GL

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by omofred: 10:54pm On Oct 11, 2013
HELLO please i intend to travel with BA to dallas by Gods grace early next month i want to know if i would have a problem with BA i am only using them coz when i have given birth i intend to spend a few days in uk b4 i return to naija ,pls help me me because i am due in january but at the embassy i was not asked if i was pregnant please i need ideas as i am worried
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MrsBee1: 7:15am On Oct 12, 2013
wemba:

@ Mrs Bee,

Hi there. She'll be staying somewhere in Riverdale, like 15mins drive from the Hospital itself. Friends/family that we have in ATL live like 40mins - 1 hr away so we decided to rent a place ($900/mth). She spoke with the financial manager, Yvette sumtin and yes her appointment has been booked for next week.

I'm sure the company will be very welcomed. Share ur email and I will forward to her.

Hope you are keeping well and everything's looking up.
Cheers

Hi Everyone.
Some goodnews. I had my baby boy Nathan on sunday 6:28am at Southern regional Women community center Atlanta . The experience I must say was breathtaking God so good my husband was right beside me to go through labor 2geda. D labor room was so fine felt like an hotel room. Anyway so far I have spent just 4,300$ for Delivery and my baby's circumcision. We await d pediatrician fee which is abt 250$. Had meals 3times daily got 2 d hospital on saturday nyt abt 11pm and got discharged on tuesday 2pm. Just tot I share.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by routledge: 7:26am On Oct 12, 2013
Rexwoods:

@routledge I sent u a mail on Nairaland , kindly respond

i just replied too. my email is eroutledgem@gmail.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 12, 2013
Mrs Bee:

Hi Everyone.
Some goodnews. I had my baby boy Nathan on sunday 6:28am at Southern regional Women community center Atlanta . The experience I must say was breathtaking God so good my husband was right beside me to go through labor 2geda. D labor room was so fine felt like an hotel room. Anyway so far I have spent just 4,300$ for Delivery and my baby's circumcision. We await d pediatrician fee which is abt 250$. Had meals 3times daily got 2 d hospital on saturday nyt abt 11pm and got discharged on tuesday 2pm. Just tot I share.

Congratulations Mrs Bee! Thank God for a safe delivery. Didn't know you settled for Atlanta. Hope you have started your child's documentation? Are you staying with relatives? If no, please what is the name of the hotel and how much?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by motorola77: 7:46am On Oct 12, 2013
Hello house,
My EDD is mid-Novembef
I will arrive phoenix on the 11th November
Intended to use a rented apartment (400$/month)
Is anyone interested in sharing the room and cost with me?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 12, 2013
motorola77: Hello house,
My EDD is mid-Novembef
I will arrive phoenix on the 11th November
Intended to use a rented apartment (400$/month)
Is anyone interested in sharing the room and cost with me?

Nice idea. What is the name of the rented apartment? How far is it from the hospital?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kike100: 11:29am On Oct 12, 2013
Am a silent reader of his thread and praying earnestly and fervently to be blessed with my own children so I can be like you guys! I dream and hope to av my kids in the US too!

Congrats Mrs Bee and all the mums counting down. For those preparing to go, favour will go b4 by God's grace!!!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by motorola77: 7:34am On Oct 13, 2013
http://www.rentalhousingdeals.com/property/view/id/33197 @ phema pls check dis link. I tink its on d same street with mihs. Big congrats MRS B.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by imadebaby: 1:11pm On Oct 13, 2013
hi all happy sunday to u all, pls in other to network better when we get there lets have a list of those going to elpaso and when and phoenix and when. it makes connection, sharing and bonding easier......just thinking

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by papadebaby: 3:18pm On Oct 13, 2013
motorola77: http://www.rentalhousingdeals.com/property/view/id/33197 @ phema pls check dis link. I tink its on d same street with mihs. Big congrats MRS B.

I am not sure but I think this appartment is not furnished. Be careful, and I think also there is a minimum of lenght staying ( 6 months or 1 year??)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by papadebaby: 3:22pm On Oct 13, 2013
imadebaby: hi all happy sunday to u all, pls in other to network better when we get there lets have a list of those going to elpaso and when and phoenix and when. it makes connection, sharing and bonding easier......just thinking

Good Idea.

For us, Phoenix preferred but waiting for some informations to confirm. If not It would be El Paso for the last week of december.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by forevermine: 6:53pm On Oct 13, 2013
smiley @ omofred. Please I sent you an email on NL. Kindly respond.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by motorola77: 9:10pm On Oct 13, 2013
Papadebaby, i will definately check out all d appatmt b4 payment just wanted to know if i will hv a partner when i get to phonenix so dt boredom will not kill me. All the same will keep u posted sha. Abeg d list is very important. Lets hv each others contacts pls.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Dentale(m): 7:44am On Oct 14, 2013
imadebaby: hi all happy sunday to u all, pls in other to network better when we get there lets have a list of those going to elpaso and when and phoenix and when. it makes connection, sharing and bonding easier......just thinking

Let me start. Thanks to all the information on this forum, I changed my mind from my original Chicago plan. I plan to be at El Paso in January and will be there until March, all things being equal. Anyone else with a similar plan, please holla. My email addr is rabidentale@gmail.com. We can exchange numbers there, thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sppecie(m): 9:25am On Oct 14, 2013
Good News!!!! My Baby Boy, CHRIS was delivered on the 10th of Oct at Los Angeles by a Nigerian, Dr. K.N.S Mbagwu via normal
delivery and my wife was discharged after 24 hours. Like I mentioned earlier in my past posts, the Dr. owns townhouses opposite
the Hospital. There was no need to stay an extra day at the hospital. So consider this - staying at one of these properties will save you
unnecessary hospital fee for staying extra days.

For now these are our expenses:

We paid
-> $3000 to the Hospital
-> $1500 To the Doctor
We are paying $1200 /month per person for the Fully Furnished townhouse( 3 rooms upper level, reception, kitchen - all utensils included at ground floor ). My wife is currently with another Nigerian lady.

The Dr accepted the tests we brought from home but requested more Lab Test ( I don't have the exact amt as I m out of the US but I bet it's not more than $250). My wife's EDD was close and the Dr cancelled the scan after checking her and the lab results. We had earlier scan before travelling to the US and the Dr obviously did not want to expose the baby to more rays.

My son has Paediatrich check up on Monday (tomorrow, LA time) and I ll update the charges.

If any one is considering Los Angeles, email me.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Linet123: 10:31am On Oct 14, 2013
Hi sppecie, I have sent a message to you on NL. Please respond as I am traveling in a day or so, and would be interested in getting in touch with this Doctor. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sppecie(m): 5:47pm On Oct 14, 2013
Linet123,

I have responded. Check your mail
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by omofred: 6:08pm On Oct 14, 2013
Sorri I did not get the mail
forevermine: smiley @ omofred. Please I sent you an email on NL. Kindly respond.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ringofGod: 12:38am On Oct 15, 2013
HI guys, I'm sorry to bring you guys back I really am but I'm due in a short while and want to know how to get my baby's American passport and Nigerian passport here in America and social security number.

Also need info on anyone who had their baby circumcised properly in Los Angeles, California.

Pretty please house. kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by babyspice: 5:54am On Oct 15, 2013
1. US passport: http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/first/first_830.html you need us birth cert , babies pic, a form signed n notarized by dad.

2. Nigerian passport : http://www.nigeriaembassyusa.org/index.php?page=passports.

3. Social security : applied for by hospital once birth cert is issued. Not necessary for US passport application

4 . Try to read through the thread to get more info. Do some homework :-)

ringofGod: HI guys, I'm sorry to bring you guys back I really am but I'm due in a short while and want to know how to get my baby's American passport and Nigerian passport here in America and social security number.

Also need info on anyone who had their baby circumcised properly in Los Angeles, California.

Pretty please house. kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mousepad: 1:11pm On Oct 15, 2013
bolanleife: Hello @Mousepad I see you mentioned birth center now. If you don't mind my asking what's the name of the birth center you are using and what are their charges like?

Is this your first baby?

Hi I'm just seeing this. I'm using Family Birth Services in Grand Prairie Tx. This isnt my first baby..google them every info u need is right on their website.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by papadebaby: 9:08pm On Oct 15, 2013
[size=8pt][/size]

@ ALL

HAPPY AID El KEBIR !!!

ALLAH Bless our families our works and our projects ( specially those in relation with giving birth in US) smiley

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ringofGod: 12:01am On Oct 16, 2013
Thank u darling

babyspice:
1. US passport: http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/first/first_830.html you need us birth cert , babies pic, a form signed n notarized by dad.

2. Nigerian passport : http://www.nigeriaembassyusa.org/index.php?page=passports.

3. Social security : applied for by hospital once birth cert is issued. Not necessary for US passport application

4 . Try to read through the thread to get more info. Do some homework :-)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ringofGod: 12:12am On Oct 16, 2013
Anyone circumcise their son in Los Angeles California?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hardeymijuh: 3:17pm On Oct 16, 2013
Mrs Bee:

Hi Everyone.

Congrats Mrs Bee,
May God bless Nathan and your family....We all shall share our good news IJN
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hardeymijuh: 3:22pm On Oct 16, 2013
motorola77: http://www.rentalhousingdeals.com/property/view/id/33197 @ phema pls check dis link. I tink its on d same street with mihs. Big congrats MRS B.

papadebaby:

I am not sure but I think this appartment is not furnished. Be careful, and I think also there is a minimum of lenght staying ( 6 months or 1 year??)

@ Motorola77,
Good Info but as papadebaby mentioned earlier, itr may be an unfurnished apartment.

First i will advise you check their reviews on google, then call the apartment to make all necessary enquiries.
I think it is an unfurnished apartment and most of them require a minimum of 6 month stay....
Please confirm all these.....and check for other apartments or hotels like extended stay america etc
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nadee: 6:55pm On Oct 16, 2013
Mrs Bee:

Hi Everyone.

Goodday all.
@ Mrs Bee. Congrats on the birth of your son. I'd appreciate if i can get some info on the southern regional women comm center from you. And details on accommodation used too. Plssssss help respond to the mail i sent to you. Many thanks.

@ Wemba. Pls can you give an e-mail address with which i can contact the hospital? The one you posted earlier "yvette.becerra-tillman@southernregional.org" keeps returning my mails. Pls give contact details on the apartment your wife is using or any other one you know too. Kindly assist. Thanks

@ All. Pls any additional info on southern regional women comm center and affordable accommodation near the hospital will be much appreciated.

God bless.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mousepad: 9:06pm On Oct 16, 2013
hardeymijuh:

Congrats Mrs Bee,
May God bless Nathan and your family....We all shall share our good news IJN

Awwww congrats darling!!!! Thank God for safe delivery!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mousepad: 9:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
Are you worried about BA or immigration? BA is very okay, you shouldnt experience any issues. As for immigration, pray for favour, my sister came to Dallas a week ago and had a very smooth entry unlike my rough experience at Chicago.

omofred: HELLO please i intend to travel with BA to dallas by Gods grace early next month i want to know if i would have a problem with BA i am only using them coz when i have given birth i intend to spend a few days in uk b4 i return to naija ,pls help me me because i am due in january but at the embassy i was not asked if i was pregnant please i need ideas as i am worried

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by omofred: 9:47pm On Oct 16, 2013
so BA is good ok then thanks and you are you in Dallas tanks alot i apreciate
Mousepad:
Are you worried about BA or immigration? BA is very okay, you shouldnt experience any issues. As for immigration, pray for favour, my sister came to Dallas a week ago and had a very smooth entry unlike my rough experience at Chicago.

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.