Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1381597 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Amazingmum: 10:26pm On Oct 16, 2013
fabulousmom:

@BnBarbie and Mokeju,

I had my baby in El Paso, and I can boldy tell you that my baby's circumcision is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen so far. Just because of the circumsion, I will choose to have my next boy child there, as it seems most people have complaint about circumcision done by other hospitals in the US.

As for the mode of operation, I have been able to deduce that people have little knowledge about how it is done in El Paso. So I'll be pleased to break it down. Doctoresparati is a service-providing group or team that helps to link patients with obstetricians/gynecologists at a very specific and affordable price and at any stage of the pregnancy, no matter how advanced, as well as help arrange a medical center to give birth to your child in, at an unbelievably low price.

It is no news that most hospitals in the US charge bank-breaking hospital bills and ob/gyn fees, not to mention the fact that you cannot estimate how much your bill will be until after you give birth. It is also an open secret that most ob/gyns will not accept medical responsibility of patients who have advanced past 24weeks in pregnancy. Doctoresparati makes everything easy. They offer the whole package at a minimal fee. (Now I'm beginning to sound like a marketer of doctoresparati. Lol)

After contacting doctoresparati, you will be expected to pay a registration fee of $150 to confirm your intentions of using their services, as well as to book an appointment with an ob/gyn for you. During your stay in El Paso, you will be attending pre-natal clinics at Eastside Women Heathcare Center, where you will be cared for by one of US' best ob/gyns. This hospital is well known to specialize in tourist birth (international patients). The ob/gyn assigned to your care will tell you when you will likely have your baby, as well as tips on how not to incur extra hospital bills. The ob/gyn fee is $2,500 for year 2013.

You will be expected to run some lab tests as stipulated by US law before you have your child. The tests are listed on doctoresparati website. You are however allowed to bring in your test results from nigeria, if you have already done those tests in nigeria (but in my opinion, I think it's cheaper to have it in their lab- it cost me only $222.75 for my tests).

You will be having your baby in a much more bigger hospital, Del Sol Medical Center. Everything from your daily room charge, to the care charge, to the labor and delivery, to the drugs (medication) that will be dispensed throughout your period of admission, to the food you'll eat throughout, to the nursery care of your child, to the test and first immunization your baby will receive at birth, to the lab tests that will be done on you in the hospital, has been included in the hospital bill of $2,700 stated on doctoresparati website for year 2013.

I realized that doctoresparati did me a whole lot of good with the hospital bill at that $2,700, because after I was discharged, I called the hospital to send to me a detailed receipt of payment showing a zero balance (it was just too good to be true, so I wanted to be on the safe side). When I got my receipt/bill, I realized that if I had walked into Del Sol Medical Center without using the services of doctoresparati, I'd have been paying a hospital bill of $10,701.05, instead of the $2,700 deal doctoresparati offered.

The bill went like this:

DEPARTMENTAL CHARGE SUMMARY
DESCRIPTION. AMOUNT($)

Ob/gyn. 1,697.00
Labor & delivery. 5,846.00
Pharmacy. 508.05
Lab-main. 2,650.00

TOTAL CHARGES: 10,701.05
TOTAL PAYMENTS: 2,700.00
TOTAL ADJUST: .00

BALANCE: 0.00

If you are having a boy child, be sure to include your circumcision fee of $170. The pediatrician who will come to check your baby's welfare after the birth of your baby will also charge a fee of $210.

In summary, the prices on the doctoresparati website are reliable and genuine.

As for the processing of documents, that's another long story. I'll allow you digest this first before I bring that up. (What a long story! My thumbs are aching.lol)

I hope this helped you all clarify your thoughts about El Paso and the modus operandi.

ciao.

Hi fabulousmum, thanks for ur insight. U have been very helpful with answering my tots. Pls could u respond to my mail? I would like to get some more info from u. Many thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hardeymijuh: 6:52pm On Oct 17, 2013
@ All,

Anyone have any info about Memorial Hermann South West Hospital, Houston?

Hospital fees, Doc, fees, Lab tests, etc?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by debodudu: 11:00am On Oct 18, 2013
Hello all,

Well I have gone through most of the post and can only say "well done guys, God bless you all"

However, am torn between El paso & MIHS. I mailed El Paso yesterday and I got a response of total cost $5410 aside
$150 enrolment fee & $148 for medical tests.

However, have not been able to get a total cost for MIHS, I have mailed but I haven't gotten a response yet.
What I have on their website isn't inclusive of doctor's fee and other charges if there are.

So please can someone assist with the total cost for MIHS preferably from someone who just had a baby with them.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nenih: 1:36pm On Oct 18, 2013
debodudu:
Hello all,

Well I have gone through most of the post and can only say "well done guys, God bless you all"

However, am torn between El paso & MIHS. I mailed El Paso yesterday and I got a response of total cost $5410 aside

However, have not been able to get a total cost for MIHS, I have mailed but I haven't gotten a response yet.
What I have on their website isn't inclusive of doctor's fee and other charges if there are.

So please can someone assist with the total cost for MIHS preferably from someone who just had a baby with them.

Thanks in anticipation.

Chect hardeymijuh's previous posts sometime this month. She gave a detailed explanation on the cost for MIHS

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 18, 2013
@ debodudu, below is a detailed post addressing the MIHS cost and procedure.

[quote author=hardeymijuh]Thanks all,
Apologies for responding late, trying to recover from the jet lag......

My plan was to visit Memorial Hermman South West Hospital and West Houston Medical Centre both in Houston before heading to Phoenix. Unfortunately that didn't work for some logistics issue...so I headed to Phoenix from Houston...

I got a cab straight from the airport to the Hospital, less than 10 mins....MIHS is quite a big hospital with nice people, I was advised to go to Admitting section to make all the necessary enquiries....

Met Stella at the section for the necessary information, got there late but I was still attended to...

So to the questions...
1. Is the Maternity Package Plan Agreement real and still ON?
Answer: A big YES, $3850 for vaginal delivery but $2888 if you are paying in full (you can check the website for more info)

2. Do they accept test resullts from home, and if they don't, is the fee embedded in the agreement plan.
Answer: Yea, they accept your test result, medical information, scan pictures etc if you have them.....but the agreement also covers for the additional tests you may need to do...so no extra fees....

3. could you have an appointment letter before coming to Phoenix?
Answer:- You can call them before coming to Phoenix to book an appointment, they may not be able to send you an appointment letter but you can send a mail to them confirming your appointment date and time and get confirmation.....you can present the mail at POE showing your communications with the hospital which could alao show confirmation of your appointment with them...

4. Is it possible to plan or have another appointment with the Doctor after the first appointment or will it be done by the Doc?
answer: The Doc will advise when next he or she will be seeing you after the die at appointment....

5. Any guide about affordable and convenient hotels close to the hospital?
answer: I was directed to the social worker, unfortunately she was on leave...but I met her at the hospital and she gave me another contact, hope to call the lady today to ask some questions but I did some research myself.....which I will also share

6. What do we need to bring to the hospital? Some things for the mum and baby...you will be advised by the Doc..

7. What is the total cost? I explained that in the first question.....$3850 for vaginal delivery, CS is $5600 paid within 90 days or before discharge.....you will get a 25% discount if you are paying in full.....so $2888 for vaginal delivery and $4200 for CS...
This covers the tests, doctors fees, routine prenatal visits at a physician and clinic visits , child birth classes, one OB Triage visit on Labour and Delivery, one well baby visit wt a physician, post part um check up for the mother with a physician , oral health exam for the mother......

I went around the town to check for some apartments, I went to extended stay america east oak..and Cross land....
Cross land looks nice, opposite the main road, close to stores....asked to see how the rooms look like and I was given the key to one....nice room, wt a kitchenette, fridge etc.....
Extended stay America also nice, opposite the main road...appealing rooms, nice environment, similar to Cross land......my own thoughts.....I prefer Extended stay..I already made a booking before I went...I checked the double room at extended stay and it was really nice....looked more spacious than cross land and I think it is closer to MIHS than Cross land.....it took us more time to get to cross land, traffic....the driver also preferred extended stay...

I also prefer the The environment where Extended stay is....like I said just my thots...

I spent about 3 and a half hours in Phoenix, lovely town...weather is like naija for now...though in winter it gets real cold.....but the proximity to the airport, stores etc..real good.....The driver I met was really nice, Mustapha from Moroco . we had a very good discussion and he was very helpful, he gave me his card and I can always call on him....he took me round from the airport to the hospital to the hotels, stores and back to the airport......we were together for about 3 hours ...

I think I have been able to answer all your questions.....
As for me, I haven't made up nu mind yet just sharing my experience with you.....
I advised earlier that you may need to rent a car, well just like vivianobas said you can get taxis around too....am an outgoing person that's y I will prefer to rent a car....but that's for US generally..if you will be going out often and will be around for weeks ...taxis costs may b expensive but bit is left to you to decide that......

Thanks everyone for your patience ....now I can sleep well...been dreaming of this lengthy epistle....it is 5.06 here in New York....Good morning......

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hardeymijuh: 10:37pm On Oct 18, 2013
debodudu:
Hello all,

Thanks in anticipation.

@debodudu,

I guess all has been said, if you have any other questions....I'll be willing to answer...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nadee: 1:42am On Oct 19, 2013
Hello all,
Please does anyone have info on any doctor in the usa who is able to carry out a VBAC? This is for women who have given birth via C-Section before and want to try natural birth for subsequent deliveries.

The doctors i've contacted so far are not willing to take on such cases but only offer a repeat CS.

Pls any information on this from someone who has or knows someone who has gone this route before will be appreciated as i am seriously trying to avoid a repeat CS.

Please assist, thank you all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by imadebaby: 6:38am On Oct 19, 2013
Your best bet is MHIS it is stated on their website. They encourage VBAC. When are u due and when do u intend to go to the USA

nadee: Hello all,
Please does anyone have info on any doctor in the usa who is able to carry out a VBAC? This is for women who have given birth via C-Section before and want to try natural birth for subsequent deliveries.

The doctors i've contacted so far are not willing to take on such cases but only offer a repeat CS.

Pls any information on this from someone who has or knows someone who has gone this route before will be appreciated as i am seriously trying to avoid a repeat CS.

Please assist, thank you all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by debodudu: 10:59am On Oct 19, 2013
Thanks so much @hardeymijuh & @Phema,

So, El Paso or MIHS.

For me I want MIHS though my wife prefer El Paso, I guess we will have to come strike a bargain at one point.

However, is anybody in the house who will be at either El Paso or MIHS in December, let me know ASAP please.

Finally, because I have a sister in law in Illinois, I will appreciate if anybody have any information on any hospital
or birth center in Illinois within the range of El paso or MIHS.

Wishing everybody a happy delivery.

Ciao.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nadee: 8:25pm On Oct 19, 2013
quote author=imadebaby]
Your best bet is MHIS it is stated on their website. They encourage VBAC. When are u due and when do u intend to go to the USA

@Imadebaby, thanks a bunch. Got in touch with MIHS and they are willing to take me on......still looking for options around houston though.

I'm due by February and plan to travel by the first week of January.

God bless.

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by motorola77: 10:29am On Oct 20, 2013
@debodudu and house
Im travelling on 4th Nov
My EDD is mid December
Putting up in an apartment
Same post/zip code with MIHS
I will like to share the appartment
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hardeymijuh: 12:55pm On Oct 20, 2013
motorola77: @debodudu and house
Im travelling on 4th Nov
My EDD is mid December

@ Motorola77,
Thanks for sharing. What is the name of the apartment? Have you confirmed if the apartment is furnished and if they can accommodate you for these few months?

I would advise you do all that before travelling...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ringofGod: 5:30pm On Oct 20, 2013
Hey house just a heads up. For all those coming pls ensure you get a medical report deeming fit to fly. A lady just gave birth on a delta airline from naija to America, I know someone who was on the flight, they had to land in Senegal and delta spent a lot of money lodging all passengers etc. sooo just to be on the safe side, carry a report that says you are fit to fly.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by debodudu: 6:25pm On Oct 20, 2013
Hello motorola77.

Please email me (dayball_me@yahoo.com), let take it from there.

Thanks.

motorola77: @debodudu and house
Im travelling on 4th Nov
My EDD is mid December
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by motorola77: 8:03pm On Oct 20, 2013
House
I have 3 apartments penciled down
I will depart naija on 4th nov
Spend some days in Houston
Then proceed to phoenix on 10th nov
I will visit all apartments on same road with MIHS
Then get back to you on my choice
But the koko is i will like to share
Coz hubby not coming with me
My EDD is mid decembed by his grace
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by motorola77: 8:12pm On Oct 20, 2013
Monterey village 85008
Fountain oaks 85008
Papago vista 85008
Arrowood 85008
Valencia park 85008
Eagle crest 85008
Boulder creek 85008
All same zipcode with MIHS
Price ranges betwn 300 & 400$ monthly
I will visit at least 3 of them
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hardeymijuh: 9:03pm On Oct 20, 2013
motorola77: Monterey village 85008
Fountain oaks 85008
Papago vista 85008
Arrowood 85008
Valencia park 85008
Eagle crest 85008
Boulder creek 85008
All same zipcode with MIHS
Price ranges betwn 300 & 400$ monthly
I will visit at least 3 of them

@Motorola77,
I will advise you call them before going, some of these apartments are not on the same street with MIHS though they are in same postcode.

I tried calling some of the apartments earlier, I was told they are unfurnished apartments with minimum lease of 6 months....Pls confirm before going.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Oluwatise2: 11:09pm On Oct 20, 2013
[quote author=ringofGod]Hey house just a heads up. For all those coming pls ensure you get a medical report deeming fit to fly. A lady just gave birth on a delta airline from naija to America, I know someone who was on the flight, they had to land in Senegal and delta spent a lot of money lodging all passengers etc. sooo just to be on the safe side, carry a report that says you are fit to fly.
Thanks for the information RingofGod. God bless
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by estrellaycocina: 6:31am On Oct 21, 2013
debodudu:
Hello all,

Thanks in anticipation.

Thats is the one of the reasons I went with El Paso, service. I thought that if that was the way MIHS was before they received me thats the way it would be when i got there. Then I had also seen the reviews of the hospitals that someone posted here, so I obviously went with El Paso (doctoresparati.com). You will not regret it, they will treat you very well and as the website says, it is a service specialized for international patients, which I dont think anyone else offers.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by wurdz: 2:04pm On Oct 21, 2013
Its been a very enlightening 32 pages of information. Kudos to all the contributors.

From all the review, i guess we will go with doctoresparati, i personally would have preferred MHIS but given that my wife will be alone for most of her stay there, we feel that El paso will be a better choice due to the number of Nigerians birthing there and it seems to tailored for international clients.

@estrellaycocina , i sent you a mail on NL kindly respond.

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by godello: 2:35pm On Oct 21, 2013
Hmmm so much money involved. Na wa ooo, all in millions. Pls can somebody outline the benefits of giving birth in the state.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by chimchim1(m): 8:28pm On Oct 21, 2013
i have a relation in Florida and i have discussed my intentions to have my baby there.
though, she's in Nigeria right now. can anyone advise how to get a low cost baby delivery there?
i dnt really want to involve my relation yet until i can arrange with a hospital.
thanks and hope to hear from u soon
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babababy(m): 8:48pm On Oct 21, 2013
godello: Hmmm so much money involved. Na wa ooo, all in millions. Pls can somebody outline the benefits of giving birth in the state.

I am a little curious,is this a genuine question or just sarcasm in play?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by normaljenny(m): 4:58am On Oct 22, 2013
This is a very ggood information I am really seeing here. That's why I love nairaland. Not all these tonto dike and now it is beverly osu era.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bolanleife(f): 9:58am On Oct 23, 2013
i have a relation in Florida and i have discussed my intentions to have my baby there.
though, she's in Nigeria right now. can anyone advise how to get a low cost baby delivery there?
i dnt really want to involve my relation yet until i can arrange with a hospital.

Hi check out this link smh.com (Sarasota Memorial)

they have a maternity package plan of 3,000. dollars for a day hospital stay.

Google is also your friend, help youself.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by chimchim1(m): 12:06pm On Oct 23, 2013
thank you very much. i am on the site right now and its really helpful

bolanleife: i have a relation in Florida and i have discussed my intentions to have my baby there.

Hi check out this link smh.com (Sarasota Memorial)

they have a maternity package plan of 3,000. dollars for a day hospital stay.

Google is also your friend, help youself.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Dentale(m): 12:20pm On Oct 23, 2013
chimchim1: thank you very much. i am on the site right now and its really helpful

You can also check West Boca Medical Centre in Boca Raton in South Florida. They often deal with international patients. Website is http://www.westbocamedctr.com/en-US/Pages/default.aspx. They have a one day package plan for under $2000 but i think it excludes epidural/anaesthetist services. It also excludes the OBGYN and Paediatrician fees. You can give them a call for details of the total package.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by omohwunmmy: 2:41pm On Oct 23, 2013
Thank you all for sharing ur experiences. For those who used El Paso can u kindly let me know how i can pay d 150 dolls for registration from Nigeria. Its kinda urgent so ur timely response will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ThaGuv: 6:34pm On Oct 23, 2013
omohwunmmy: Thank you all for sharing ur experiences. For those who used El Paso can u kindly let me know how i can pay d 150 dolls for registration from Nigeria. Its kinda urgent so ur timely response will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Fill the enrollment form on their website and in the message, say that you wish to pay online, via your credit card.
They will then send you a link with an invoice for $150, and you can use your Nigerian MasterCard/Visa card. Note that you can only use MasterCard or Visa.
Good luck!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by classichique: 12:01am On Oct 24, 2013
Hello House, kudos 4d enlighteningment on dis topic. I have been studying this thread since I decided 2have my baby in america and I have a testimony 2share :-)
I went 4 visa interview last week and was granted. I had gathered some money 2geda in2 my account when the interview was close so I can present a fat statement since the money intended 4my travel wasn't already in my account.
Unfortunately, I printed my account statement when I had transferred all the money back 2d sources I got them from not knowing that on d day the statement is printed, the present balance in d account will be stated on the first page, summary part of d bank statement. When I printed my statement I had only 20k in my account and I went with this statement 2d embassy.

The consular officer asked me the ff questions:
Q: why do u want 2go 2d united states?
Me: 2have my baby
Q: so u'r pregnant?
Me: yes
Q: are u married?
Me: yes
Q: are u in touch with any doc in america?
Me: yes I am
Q: so d u have any documents 2show correspndences with the doc?
Me: yes and I show him a letter frm d doc stating my first appintment
Q: hw much is d delivery going 2cost?
Me: cs: 10k dollars normal: 7k dollars
Q: so do u have dis mney?
Me: yes I do
Q: can I see ur statement of account
Me: yes and with shaky hands, I hand him my bank statement that shows on d first page that I have only 20k in it. He looks @it line by line and hands it back 2me

He advised me not 2stay longer than 6months in d US but incase I have 2 4 whatever reason ssuch as birth complications, I shld make sure I call 2let them know

He hands me the collection letter and off I go :-)

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by chimchim1(m): 9:44am On Oct 24, 2013
thank u very much dear
Dentale:
You can also check West Boca Medical Centre in Boca Raton in South Florida. They often deal with international patients. Website is http://www.westbocamedctr.com/en-US/Pages/default.aspx. They have a one day package plan for under $2000 but i think it excludes epidural/anaesthetist services. It also excludes the OBGYN and Paediatrician fees. You can give them a call for details of the total package.

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.