Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1381309 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Saved2Serve: 2:34pm On Jan 19, 2015
[size=15pt]Ojikwanu EDD and baby's sex eme gini? Ijuta ishii nkita iwere ya mee gini? Those things are personal bikko. From hospital prices and documentation process, even embassy interview preparations. There are just losts of reasonable questions to ask and not what position did you and your hubby take to get the pregnancy or what is the color of your poo when you are pregnant? mtcheww!! Please whoever ask you such questions give back goofy answers. Eg: Mrs asker seeing you in the states and asks you, wow! you came to US? Your answer should be: "No i came to Burundi".......[/size]
IyawoToBe:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Do you attend mountain of fire?

Me I really don't see anything bad in it so far the person asking is within my inner circle. If it's someone am not close to or someone who naturally pokes her mouth where it doesn't belong, I simply just avoid the question with a stylish smile and if the nosy person asks again (some people are that shameless) I would just jokingling say "God is the alpha and omega jare" wink

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by uchetobi(f): 3:02pm On Jan 19, 2015
MamaTobenna:
Please house. I am scared of something I. What happens if baby has jaundice. I am seriously praying that my child won't have big my first child had jaundice when he was born. That's some serious extra money. Docs said there is nothing I can do to avoid it than to pray that my child does not have it. I know someone mentioned it sometime ago and how they called the social worker when she insisted on leaving withe her baby. Biko who else has any experience with this to share as per implication on costs and all

my baby had jaundice, she went to NICU for one day, it dint make any difference in my hospital bills cuz i gave birth at 1amish, so her 2 day stay started counting from that day, as opposed to when i was admitted. it only increased my pead bill from $320 (or so) to $606

either ways, just budget / hold a little extra cash, and be prayerful, there is nothing anyone can do really if complications arise

and if per adventure your child has it, follow the instructions of the doctor, the most important thing is to make it back to Naija with a healthy child. dont take any chances on your baby's life

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by uchetobi(f): 3:07pm On Jan 19, 2015
Airpure:

My Dear I call it Monitoring Spirit and its disgusting.

if you are not comfortable, why not just say, i will rather not discuss it, or wait and see na haba! or what do you think, or dont you want to be surprised, or smile and avoid the question.? there are lots of tatics.

for me, i dint give a hoot! so, those that were bold enough to ask, i told them

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nicestlady: 3:08pm On Jan 19, 2015
bbaby84:

I don't quite understand why she should pay for a service she never received. On the BC it would state where she had the baby and I'm guessing it won't be the hospital. I don't think she should have a problem renewing so far she tells the truth and has proof. She should have at least gotten a midwife/ doula what she did was quite risky in my opinion.
All the best.

Thanks for the response. So the best way to prove her case is just to show the birth certificate?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by uchetobi(f): 3:08pm On Jan 19, 2015
congrats Phema...wow 7 weeks, now, thats a record

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by zeezahbee(f): 3:15pm On Jan 19, 2015
anonymousmum:

I think I get where you are going, these are Naija folks oh I am talking about. I am not sure if they are asking for gist purposes or they actually care. maybe I am just being paranoid sha but abeg, there are limits.

what is my own with Americans, they are always asking questions in taxi, in the shops etc but I dont know them so I don't send...
As soon as you step you foot into any POE in America, you are also giving everyone the license to touch your belle and ask your questions about your pregnancy. Be it Nigerian or American, they will rub your belle and ask for the sex. Nothing can happen to you. I ask for people sex and expect you to reply sharply with no attitude because that's the America trend. Don't feel bad, keep the flow. It's to show love, nothing intended

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by zeezahbee(f): 3:19pm On Jan 19, 2015
nicestlady:

Thanks for the response. So the best way to prove her case is just to show the birth certificate?
Yes, just the BC ,such a lucky woman, it's not a crime to give birth at home. Just 2 days ago , a woman in Dallas gave birth to her baby inside the car just as they got to the hospital entrance. They even congratulated her in the news that day and said kudos to her courage. She shouldnt pay any money to the hospital because they won't even collect it. They don't collect money for service not rendered in America.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by zeezahbee(f): 3:26pm On Jan 19, 2015
sayoberry:

When u get here u will want to slap some people. There is no question I've not answered from anybody. From waiters to bank manager, people in the park, over concerned Granny's, people in the mall, even passer bys.... One Granny even asked if I was sexually active? Imagine. Someone whom does not know u will just come over an be like "wow that's a huge belly. What re u having, wen re u due, u getting a c-section or normal, u wanted a boy or a girl, when did u find out"
That's from someone uve never ever met
Sayo cheesy, don't slap o, it seems you people can't understand. When you are in Rome, you behave like Romans. This people don't know you , most Americans especially the whites think having a baby is a huge responsibility and they prefer not to have children. The one that have kids went through IVF , have CS and they will end u not breastfeeding the baby.

They see you as a god when you are pregnant. They envy you. They are happy for you. If anyone ask you any question about your pregnancy in America, don't feel offended. Answer them gladly, they don't have juju tongue

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 3:38pm On Jan 19, 2015
See everyone hailing Phema for coming back to naija after 7weeks... The babe could have been back after 4weeks na if not for flight rescheduling ish... Phema is just blessed kiss kiss

I pray God favours the rest of us too and make everything work out for us even beyond our expectations.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by betty1983(f): 3:46pm On Jan 19, 2015
@ Sayoberry. Thanks for your reply. 10 mins train ride ke! Na wa o! Was the ride free? I just realised I'm arriving Dallas on Terminal D but departing from Terminal B to El Paso. Na wa o! Most likely train tinz. Atleast, the baggages would be checked in before boarding the train. It is well. All for American Dream..........
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 4:08pm On Jan 19, 2015
Airpure:

My Dear I call it Monitoring Spirit and its disgusting.

LOL! MFM Activated.

Saved2Serve:
[size=15pt]Ojikwanu EDD and baby's sex eme gini? Ijuta ishii nkita iwere ya mee gini? Those things are personal bikko. [/size]

Pls u have to translate this part for us o!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 4:10pm On Jan 19, 2015
zeezahbee:
As soon as you step you foot into any POE in America, you are also giving everyone the license to touch your belle and ask your questions about your pregnancy. Be it Nigerian or American, they will rub your belle and ask for the sex. Nothing can happen to you. I ask for people sex and expect you to reply sharply with no attitude because that's the America trend. Don't feel bad, keep the flow. It's to show love, nothing intended

I hear you...initially it was annoying but I take it in my stride now..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ajobi21: 4:43pm On Jan 19, 2015
Hello House, thank you for all the wonderful information you all have been sharing. I have a challenge i would like help with. I've noticed that the hospitals don't have email addresses and even the doctor i want to use (New jersey). Is there any special website that provides these kind of information cus even when i called one of the hospitals, the receptionist said he doesn't know the email address of the hospital or even the doctors. please help. thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lollydee(f): 5:49pm On Jan 19, 2015
Shawbabe:
Safely in Atlanta oh. Poe story later. kiss

thank God for journey mercies. I info on ur Atlanta plans.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 6:39pm On Jan 19, 2015
Hi. Family.

People traveling in June to July can check emirate.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 7:19pm On Jan 19, 2015
I heard KLM is doing promo o. So u can check
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Zozokuzo142: 7:48pm On Jan 19, 2015
@Phema
Big congrats to you and all our new mums her kiss
Pls am new here and i have followed your posts.Also read most of the thresds. pls i will like my wife to birth at MIHS.
I will want to know the best place for her to stay wit her mum. i presume it will be an apartment close to MIHS. Also i will like to know the best POE. I will like to pay for everything upfront now make i begin dey save small small for the navy blue kpali.
pls ur suggestions will be extremly helpful. I will not want here to stay with anyone cos relations she has there are not so close to her.
She is an early August mum.
I will also want to know the total cost it was for you cos am not prepared for any hidden charges smiley smiley smiley grin grin
Any help here from anyone that has birthed at MIHS
Thanks a whole lot kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss u all here are such wonderful darlings
God bless nairaland walahi !
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Lotalways: 8:03pm On Jan 19, 2015
Hi peeps,

Jux a quick one...for those using West Houston Medical Center, i jux left the registration center, was told prices will go up by next month.

For vaginal delivery- $3000 instead of $2500
C-section delivery -$4500 instead of $4000

Though the lady said they are yet to finalize on it.

For those that want to make payment this period, it advisable to make it as fast as u can to be on the safe side.

Thought to share.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by vcole: 8:19pm On Jan 19, 2015
Good evening! Please I need info on how to schedule a family appointment for a us visa interview. Husband, wife and a toddler. Wife is applying for medical, others regular tourist visa. Thanks in advance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Soutien: 8:27pm On Jan 19, 2015
sayoberry:

I travelled alone and I'm using Dr Fagbohun. Dr fees is 2600 for twins v.d and u get a 20% discount

Okay dear. I will send you a pm now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Larondoo22: 8:37pm On Jan 19, 2015
Lotalways:
Hi peeps,

Jux a quick one...for those using West Houston Medical Center, i jux left the registration center, was told prices will go up by next month.

For those that want to make payment this period, it advisable to make it as fast as u can to be on the safe side.

Thought to share.
haa that's wont be nice oo,hmm, so how is the hospital?good standard?pls keep us inform oo,as it goes,not this time oo,with the dollar rate in niger,hmm
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 9:39pm On Jan 19, 2015
betty1983:
@ Sayoberry. Thanks for your reply. 10 mins train ride ke! Na wa o! Was the ride free? I just realised I'm arriving Dallas on Terminal D but departing from Terminal B to El Paso. Na wa o! Most likely train tinz. Atleast, the baggages would be checked in before boarding the train. It is well. All for American Dream..........

Very free train ride with standing up... grin just kidding. Its free

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 9:43pm On Jan 19, 2015
zeezahbee:
Sayo cheesy, don't slap o, it seems you people can't understand. When you are in Rome, you behave like Romans. This people don't know you , most Americans especially the whites think having a baby is a huge responsibility and they prefer not to have children. The one that have kids went through IVF , have CS and they will end u not breastfeeding the baby.

They see you as a god when you are pregnant. They envy you. They are happy for you. If anyone ask you any question about your pregnancy in America, don't feel offended. Answer them gladly, they don't have juju tongue
I just went shopping for 10 minutes. 6 people asked me those questions again... Na to just smile and ansa
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Destiny4G: 9:51pm On Jan 19, 2015
Hi Lotalways,
Many thanks for this information.
I have settled for West Houston medical center as well, please which Dr are you using and what's the cost.

Thanks

Lotalways:
Hi peeps,

Thought to share.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Logictinz: 9:53pm On Jan 19, 2015
Good morning my people, please is anybody coming to El Paso, I need the person to help me buy something. Thanks and God bless.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bimlege: 10:50pm On Jan 19, 2015
Hello every one. Pls kindly need a respond from any one. I (wifey) going alone probably with my 3yrs old son... i jus wld like to know d best state/hospital to use so as to get assistance, due to me nt having any close relations in the United State. Pls do hlp me out...... plsssssssssss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 11:15pm On Jan 19, 2015
Airpure:
So I know this is not the tread for it but I need to vent. I totally hate it when people ask me intimate questions about my pregnancy n travel plans like when is my EDD, Sex of my baby in fact yesterday some asked me wen my traveling n I said d month n she asked 4 d date I had to tell her cos it's not in my nature to Lie. (Not that much a saint) I just think it's personal info n people should mind their business. Argggggggg.

You can say that again. Like KILODE How can people be that nosey, you ask I don't tell and then you ask after a 3 days. Gosh!! ! , especially the sex. What is their business, I won't ask anyone and I won't tell, make dem vex , I don't care, Mtcheeeew ...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 11:19pm On Jan 19, 2015
bimlege:
Hello every one. Pls kindly need a respond from any one. I (wifey) going alone probably with my 3yrs old son... i jus wld like to know d best state/hospital to use so as to get assistance, due to me nt having any close relations in the United State. Pls do hlp me out...... plsssssssssss

You may have to do a lil more work, @ least 50 hospitals in different states been mentioned on this thread , people's response may give you about 10, reading the thread from say page 100 can give you 50... what do you think?.. Goodluck...

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 11:25pm On Jan 19, 2015
ajobi21:
Hello House, thank you for all the wonderful information you all have been sharing. I have a challenge i would like help with. I've noticed that the hospitals don't have email addresses and even the doctor i want to use (New jersey). Is there any special website that provides these kind of information cus even when i called one of the hospitals, the receptionist said he doesn't know the email address of the hospital or even the doctors. please help. thanks

They usually depend on fax. I wonder why, my sister in law has to get my correspondence through fax , scan them, and attach them in a mail and send to me so I can print and add to my burden of proof *phew*. Maybe you should call back and ask if they would atleast fax what you need down to you? Sorry I am not of much help...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kairi: 11:29pm On Jan 19, 2015
Hi guys,

Quick question please, if anyone ever used North Atlanta OBGYN can you share your experience with the doctors? I know they deliver at Northside hospital and charge $2200 for self pay.

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 11:29pm On Jan 19, 2015
Pls am new here and i have followed your posts.Also read most of the thresds. pls i will like my wife to birth at MIHS.
I will want to know the best place for her to stay wit her mum. i presume it will be an apartment close to MIHS. Also i will like to know the best POE. I will like to pay for everything upfront now make i begin dey save small small for the navy blue kpali.
pls ur suggestions will be extremly helpful. I will not want here to stay with anyone cos relations she has there are not so close to her.
She is an early August mum.
I will also want to know the total cost it was for you cos am not prepared for any hidden charges smiley smiley smiley grin grin
Any help here from anyone that has birthed at MIHS
Thanks a whole lot kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss u all here are such wonderful darlings

Firstly you should be aware that MIHS offers a maternity package, you can find details on their website, download the non resident maternity package study it and know what your money covers first hand. For your financial appointment call d financial counsellor to book a date (+16023445407) ,
There are loads of options for Accomodation out here she could stay at Extended Stay America esp the one on East Oak street (call to enquire on cost +16022252998, they are fully furnished with kitchen stuff n beddings), Palm Shadows (+16022649670), Legacy suites and d likes which do not provide bedsheets and kitchen utensils. Check online, do your maths and take the best fit with your budget, there are also other options for accomodation which are a bit farther from the hospital. I hope you make do with the info above. All the best!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nelly2012: 12:16am On Jan 20, 2015
IyawoToBe:
Thanks Nelly. Please are these bills the current bill or the one you used in 2012? 2012 is about 3yrs ago; alot might have changed.

How about accommodation? Where did you stay and how much did it cost pls?
I stayed with a friend who has relocated, that's the reason I'm looking for someone to plan with or birth close to family in California.
As per the current price, I'll email their financial counselor & confirm.

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.