Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,117 members, 7,828,977 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (319) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1382563 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nelly2012: 11:41pm On Jan 17, 2015
Hey ladies. Good to be here again. Does anyone have any useful info for birthing in the San Francisco bay area, California? I had a baby in Renown hospital in Reno, Nevada in 2012 and got a very excellent service with a very affordable rate. I had a planned C section but because of reasons of convenience, I wish to be close to family in California. Any info will be appreciated pls. Anyone interested in Nevada should contact me for further details. I may not mind Nevada again if I get someone to plan with. April/May is a good time.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 11:58pm On Jan 17, 2015
mabels:
[quote author=PrinceAdeAde post=

I also got a narialander share a great package of $1000(furnished room:$650,shared car rent btw two occupants:$300) though I do not have further details such as address etc.

Hello princeadeade, pls I would love to ve d naira lander's contact if u don't mind. Tnx a lot. U can send it to opeyemimabel@yahoo.com. Tnx

Sent the contact to your email as requested
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by IyawoToBe(f): 11:58pm On Jan 17, 2015
nelly2012:
Hey ladies. Good to be here again. Does anyone have any useful info for birthing in the San Francisco bay area, California? I had a baby in Renown hospital in Reno, Nevada in 2012 and got a very excellent service with a very affordable rate. I had a planned C section but because of reasons of convenience, I wish to be close to family in California. Any info will be appreciated pls. Anyone interested in Nevada should contact me for further details. I may not mind Nevada again if I get someone to plan with. April/May is a good time.
Can u pls send me a pm? I was unable to send you one. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 12:01am On Jan 18, 2015
oas99:
@Princeadeade pls I sent u a mail too pls reply I leave in a few weeks thanks

Responded to your email
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shayo5: 1:44am On Jan 18, 2015
Congrats sayoberry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oas99(f): 7:11am On Jan 18, 2015
Thanks a bunch. U are a darling

PrinceAdeAde:

Responded to your email
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by segbas(m): 8:48am On Jan 18, 2015
Austine2020:
Pls is this Email address of Oakbend medical center?
Yes it is.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Soutien: 9:45am On Jan 18, 2015
k711:

I'm also going to El paso cos I'm having twins and they have already given me my bill. My problem is how to connect elpaso without first stopping at Houston cos of the horrible stories. Any ideas anyone?

Same here. I have been sent my bills too. Other hospitals keep saying we won't be able because of NICU bills as if they are praying for my babies to end up there. I think I will first go to Maryland, rest for a week before heading to Elpaso. Some mommas here have gotten good Poe stories in Houston. The best option is to be truthful and have your burden of proof ready as well as enough cash to prove you can pay your bills. Don't give them rooms to think you would use Medicare. That's what I think.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by yuugo: 9:52am On Jan 18, 2015
nelly2012:

Pls can u giv me the cost breakdown of d hospital in Nevada.
Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bimlege: 11:04am On Jan 18, 2015
Good day to all. I am a new member, and i very much would like to inquire about some information. Having the interest to give birth in US, but i have no much clue regarding d best hospital to use. Mainly because, i (wife) would probably be going alone, and i do not have any relatives or friends in the US. So i really would like to know the best state, hospital to use, in order for me to get assistance. Please do kindly help me out with this any one, would be looking forward to any feedback thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 18, 2015
Hello my e-family!! How una dey? Thank God for the success stories so far and the many more to come.

It started like a wish, later like a dream, but now? It has ended in praise!!! I'm back home with my baby. Spent just about 7 weeks in the US. I really thank God for bringing this journey to an end. It could have only been Him. It was not easy as I went all alone, but God in his infinite mercy saw me through it all. I went, i saw and I conquered. Everything went as planned, maybe even better than I thought. No extra bills. No delay in document processing. Above all, healthy mother, super duper healthy child kiss

I just want to take some time out to appreciate everyone on this thread. You all have been wonderful. Special shout out to the old timers. You all set the pace that we have been following. Thank you Vivianobas for bringing MIHS to the forefront even when we all doubted you. Bnbarbie, Mrsbee, Uchetobi, fabolousmom, hardeymijuh, Lubu16, Mosleh, ozycy, debola23, neny2k2, Peacenigeria, nenih, cutiemama and many many others too numerous to mention, una too much. Skelembe, you started this thread that has been a blessing to very many people including myself, thank you. Tvegas, bloggerina, Iyawotobe, patty4real, Saved2serve, Akelvin, Kingsdaughter, Oga Nochid, my personal persons, thanks alot for cheering me on.

My wonderful and lovely flatmates sisters who are also nairalanders and all the MIHS Dec/Jan crew (you know yourselves wink), i can't begin to tell you guys how grateful I'm for all the love you've shown me. kiss kiss My love to the newbies too for keeping this thread alive. Finally, Justwise! Thank you so very much for moderating this thread. If not for you, this thread would have been rubbished. My only snag with you be say you no gree marry. Abeg, save a sister from singlehood biko. May the good Lord bless you richly as you comply tongue

For those going to MIHS, you can ask me questions as regards MIHS and I will be glad to answer to the best of my knowledge. But abeg, make we try no repeat questions. And make we no dey quote long posts like this one grin

Cheers everyone!!! kiss kiss kiss

35 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by daddami: 12:24pm On Jan 18, 2015
Good day nairalanders. Just joined the forum and I must say it's been very educative/ enlightening. A big thanks to all that have contributed. Pls, Pls, Pls, I need help. My madam is scheduled to travel to give birth soon. The prices I've been getting for bowie, maryland and Washington areas are just so high. Can anyone help with cheaper hospitals/doctors that would not exceed 9 max. I really would appreciate de info.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by daddami: 12:25pm On Jan 18, 2015
Good day nairalanders. Just joined the forum and I must say it's been very educative/ enlightening. A big thanks to all that have contributed. Pls, Pls, Pls, I need help. My madam is scheduled to travel to give birth soon. The prices I've been getting for bowie, maryland and Washington areas are just so high. Can anyone help with cheaper hospitals/doctors that would not exceed $9k max. I really would appreciate de info.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 12:44pm On Jan 18, 2015
Phema:
Hello my e-family!! How una dey? Thank God for the success stories so far and the many more to come.

It started like a wish, later like a dream, but now? It has ended in praise!!! I'm back home with my baby. Spent just about 7 weeks in the US. I really thank God for bringing this journey to an end. It could have only been Him. It was not easy as I went all alone, but God in his infinite mercy saw me through it all. I went, i saw and I conquered. Everything went as planned, maybe even better than I thought. No extra bills. No delay in document processing. Above all, healthy mother, super duper healthy child kiss

I just want to take some time out to appreciate everyone on this thread. You all have been wonderful. Special shout out to the old timers. You all set the pace that we have been following. Thank you Vivianobas for bringing MIHS to the forefront even when we all doubted you. Bnbarbie, Mrsbee, Uchetobi, fabolousmom, hardeymijuh, Lubu16, Mosleh, ozycy, debola23, neny2k2, Peacenigeria, nenih, cutiemama and many many others too numerous to mention, una too much. Skelembe, you started this thread that has been a blessing to very many people including myself, thank you. Tvegas, Iyawotobe, patty4real, Saved2serve, Akelvin, Kingsdaughter, Oga Nochid, my personal persons, thanks alot for cheering me on.

My wonderful and lovely flatmates sisters who are also nairalanders and all the MIHS Dec/Jan crew (you know yourselves wink), i can't begin to tell you guys how grateful I'm for all the love you've shown me. kiss kiss My love to the newbies too for keeping this thread alive. Finally, Justwise! Thank you so very much for moderating this thread. If not for you, this thread would have been rubbished. My only snag with you be say you no gree marry. Abeg, save a sister from singlehood biko. May the good Lord bless you richly as you comply tongue

For those going to MIHS, you can ask me questions as regards MIHS and I will be glad to answer to the best of my knowledge. But abeg, make we try no repeat questions. And make we no dey quote long posts like this one grin

Cheers everyone!!! kiss kiss kiss

grin grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Cecebee: 12:50pm On Jan 18, 2015
Phema:
Hello my e-family!! How una dey? Thank God for the success stories so far and the many more

Welcome home @phema....I must say this is the first time I have heard anyone spend just 7 weeks when in the US for birthing. It is as though you asked them to make sure everything was ready even before leaving Naija. Well done and I Thank God for you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 18, 2015
justwise:
grin grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Smh. You no go just change. grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 18, 2015
Cecebee:
Welcome home @phema....I must say this is the first time I have heard anyone spend just 7 weeks when in the US for birthing. It is as though you asked them to make sure everything was ready even before leaving Naija. Well done and I Thank God for you.

Thanks Cecebee. We thank God for everything. Baby came early, so i had to leave earlier than planned.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by customised87: 4:32pm On Jan 18, 2015
Phema:

Thanks Cecebee. We thank God for everything. Baby came early, so i had to leave earlier than planned.

Hi Phema, congrats! I believe ur husband wasnt in the US with u, did u travel with the notarized consent form or u had it sent to u through DHL?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 4:34pm On Jan 18, 2015
Phema:

Smh. You no go just change. grin

I have. grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by segbas(m): 4:51pm On Jan 18, 2015
what is notarized consent form

justwise:

I have. grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by odtaiwo: 5:01pm On Jan 18, 2015
Hello People,

Are there any April mama's in the house heading to houston (using WHMC) ...looking for anyone who has any hookup for
accommodation....dont mind sharing a two bed apartment with someone. Found a few apartments through a
friend that stays in houston but we are getting as high as $2400 for a two bed with 2 bathrooms..bills included.

I really dont want to go the in-town suite route...so PLEASE holla if you have something better for us, We are planning on staying
from February - end of April

Thanks in Advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Soutien: 5:22pm On Jan 18, 2015
@Sayoberry, please did you travel with your mum? How do you intend to manage with twins alone and which hospital are you using? Hope their bill isn't so high? I'm rooting for you because I'm drawing inspiration from you and your experiences.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 18, 2015
customised87:

Hi Phema, congrats! I believe ur husband wasnt in the US with u, did u travel with the notarized consent form or u had it sent to u through DHL?

I travelled with it.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by QueenPee(f): 5:54pm On Jan 18, 2015
MrsBee1:

Hi Everyone.
Some goodnews. I had my baby boy Nathan on sunday 6:28am at Southern regional Women community center Atlanta . The experience I must say was breathtaking God so good my husband was right beside me to go through labor 2geda. D labor room was so fine felt like an hotel room. Anyway so far I have spent just 4,300$ for Delivery and my baby's circumcision. We await d pediatrician fee which is abt 250$. Had meals 3times daily got 2 d hospital on saturday nyt abt 11pm and got discharged on tuesday 2pm. Just tot I share.

Congrats Mrs Bee, Kindly let me know the doctor;s name as a pointer to my planning. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Newmum0615: 6:58pm On Jan 18, 2015
@MrsBee1 Please give us the details please. Anything that will help us with planning from doctor's details, fees, hospital fees and accommodation. The total package pleaseeeeeee. Thanks.
QueenPee:

Congrats Mrs Bee, Kindly let me know the doctor;s name as a pointer to my planning. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nelly2012: 7:29pm On Jan 18, 2015
OK. For those interested in Nevada birthing as I've received a lot of pm about this...
The hospital is RENOWN hospital in RENO, NEVADA. they have an OB package rate for those who want to pay cash which includes $2150 for vaginal delivery and 2 days hospital stay, an extra $450 for twin delivery. $4500 for planned CS delivery and 3 days hospital stay., an extra $850 for twin delivery via CS.
The prenatal package costs $1500 includes labs, ultrasound, newborn care at the nursery (not NICU) including baby's first paediatrician visit, first vaccines for you & baby, postnatal visit, Circumcission for extra $100. Extra cost for anaesthesia is $1200, which I presume is also same for epidural.
Let me say that all of this payments will be made before delivery.
I got to stay in a cosy private room that had extra bed for my help. They served me & my help meals at no extra costs. The staff were exceptional. I didn't need to come to hospital with anything, I mean anything, every thing was provided except my cell phone of course.
I had a planned CS and my total bill was $7300.
I hope this helps ladies.
yuugo:

Pls can u giv me the cost breakdown of d hospital in Nevada.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ceee(f): 7:39pm On Jan 18, 2015
Phema:

I travelled with it.

Hello phema congratd on your successful trip. Please can you give us info on where you stayed and how much it cost you. Also where did you notorise the consent letter in Nigeria before travelling. Pleeeeeese help a sis
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 18, 2015
ceee:
Hello phema congratd on your successful trip. Please can you give us info on where you stayed and how much it cost you. Also where did you notorise the consent letter in Nigeria before travelling. Pleeeeeese help a sis

I stayed at in a 3 bedroom apartment with two other Naija mamas at West Glendale, Phoenix. It cost $2800 per month, fully furnished and inclusive of utility bills. Not so close to the hospital (MIHS) though. About $60 to and fro.

The consent form was notarised at High Court in Ikeja, Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 18, 2015
nelly2012:
OK. For those interested in Nevada birthing as I've received a lot of pm about this...
The hospital is RENOWN hospital in RENO, NEVADA. they have an OB package rate for those who want to pay cash which includes $2150 for vaginal delivery and 2 days hospital stay, an extra $450 for twin delivery. $4500 for planned CS delivery and 3 days hospital stay., an extra $850 for twin delivery via CS.
The prenatal package costs $1500 includes labs, ultrasound, newborn care at the nursery (not NICU) including baby's first paediatrician visit, first vaccines for you & baby, postnatal visit, Circumcission for extra $100. Extra cost for anaesthesia is $1200, which I presume is also same for epidural.
I got to stay in a cosy private room that had extra bed for my help. They served me & my help meals at no extra costs. The staff were exceptional. I didn't need to come to hospital with anything, I mean anything, every thing was provided except my cell phone of course.

Thats about $5,000 for vaginal delivery. The package no bad at all.

Noted wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamanjai: 9:37pm On Jan 18, 2015
nelly2012:

Thank you so much this really helps. Am an April /may mum and wouldn't mind the contact details of the hospital, and doctor you used. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Hawttattoo: 10:08pm On Jan 18, 2015
Congrats phema. God bless you and the lil one.i tap into that same short stay IJN. Your total bill came to how much after the discount.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Hawttattoo: 10:19pm On Jan 18, 2015
Congrats Phema. God bless you and the lil one.
I tap into the same short stay IJN. How much was your total bill after discount.

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.