Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,081 members, 7,835,644 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1384081 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by woaini(f): 7:15am On Feb 05, 2015
Hello family, long time no post. I read all d time though and it so much fun with all the info-tainment.
Yaayyy @blogerrina so good to read from you. But this one you are back to groundnut chopping, I wonder when you'll have our time again grin

For those of us looking for cheap flights, has anyone thought of Turkish airlines? I think they just/or will start flying from abuja and the prices are reasonable (very).
Please has any of our mamas used them before? How was the experience? How was the return leg with an infant?
I read the max they fly for preggies is 35weeks from their site but they said the doctor has to include his diploma number in the fit to fly letter. Please what is a diploma number?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by segbas(m): 7:20am On Feb 05, 2015
woaini:

I read the max they fly for preggies is 35weeks from their site but they said the doctor has to include his diploma number in the fit to fly letter. Please what is a diploma number?

What they mean by Diploma number is the certification or membership number. That is Arab ways of referring to certificates.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by feddy27: 7:46am On Feb 05, 2015
Flowers:
Am finally back home with my baby after 7 weeks. I met many nairalanders and they were helpful. Dr. Fagbohun was really nice, didn't like one of his doctors that took the delivery. For those considering him, he's very experienced and nice but very busy and therefore your appointment with him will be so brief. He doesn't take all the child delivery as he has other doctors assisting him. The services in Oakbend was fantastic, nice nurses who were very responsive. The pediatrician we visited after discharge from the hospital was so detailed, considerate with charges as she gave discounts on test conducted and her services. The members of a church we attended were so kind and helpful. Favor on all sides. Thanks to all that helped to make this journey a success. In conclusion it was a beautiful experience.

Welcome back Flowers and thanks for the feedback. i'm also using him and will be there by month end. You will be my guide o, in case I'm lost as to what step to take..*big smile* Love to your little one

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 7:59am On Feb 05, 2015
[quote author=Flowers post=30440405]

Hi, congratulations on the birth of ur baby n welcum back home

Nice to know u had a luvly experience at Oakbend, dats where my wifey is birthing as well.

Would like to have more details of the peadiatrician pls

Sending u a PM

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 8:14am On Feb 05, 2015
[quote author=bj2012golf post=30441533][/quote]

@Flowers,

Would also like to get more info on pedatrician
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shimk: 8:16am On Feb 05, 2015
hello! if there's anyone who's going to be at elpaso texas probably from ending may till july let me know so we could just get an apartment to rent instead of the hotel runs.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mummyprincess: 8:26am On Feb 05, 2015
@ Flowers, congratulations n tnx for shearing! Sending you pm, I hope you will have time to respond.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by egwon: 8:39am On Feb 05, 2015
Heliano:
I am presently in philadelphia, just had my baby girl, it is a testimony I used Delaware County Memorial hospital (DCMh) and the service was great, and they are. Also considerate really.
Good day dear. Will be coming to philadelphia next month and will Like to use Delaware County hospital. Please sent you a message on your inbox. Need info about the hospital. Please inbox memoir email Addy so I can get to you please. Thanks a lot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ginnny: 8:41am On Feb 05, 2015
Pls rectify the bills with the finance department of the hospital. The maternity package fee you paid covers it. Be very sure of what you pay and hold all receipts.[
quote author=Alemo50 post=30400171]Hi. A word of caution for those who plan to use Delaware County Memorial Hospital (DCMH): Expect more bills after paying the full maternity package. My wife delivered there after we had paid the so called self-pay maternity package of $7500 (6000 for delivery, 1500 fro antenatal care). After delivery we received a bill of around $3000 or so for anaesthesia. Then another bill for paediatrician. Today again, another one called physician bill. I don't know when the bills will stop coming: am I to expect nursing bill? JOHESU bill? Etc. I seriously regret using them now. Just for those who do not know. The funniest thing was that their financial person told me that after I had paid the full maternity package, all I needed to pay more is anaesthesia fee, which would just be a couple of a hundred dollars, but she was wrong. At any rate, it was her word against mine[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by slimwendy85: 9:12am On Feb 05, 2015
@ flowers
Congrats and welcome home. I pray your baby will always be a source of joy to you and your husband.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Newmum0615: 9:19am On Feb 05, 2015
Nne, thanks for the feedback. Pls lemme PM you for the pediatrician's details. I am also using Oakbend but Dr. Z. Thanks.
Flowers:
Am finally back home with my baby after 7 weeks. I met many nairalanders and they were helpful. Dr. Fagbohun was really nice, didn't like one of his doctors that took the delivery. For those considering him, he's very experienced and nice but very busy and therefore your appointment with him will be so brief. He doesn't take all the child delivery as he has other doctors assisting him. The services in Oakbend was fantastic, nice nurses who were very responsive. The pediatrician we visited after discharge from the hospital was so detailed, considerate with charges as she gave discounts on test conducted and her services. The members of a church we attended were so kind and helpful. Favor on all sides. Thanks to all that helped to make this journey a success. In conclusion it was a beautiful experience.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PetMe13: 9:19am On Feb 05, 2015
hamalj:
Hello people,my wife is due in May and she will be travelling alone with our 2yr old daugther.I will be joining them later.Is there going to be a problem at the POE at houston texas how a pregnant woman will take care of a 2yr old.
N

No there is no issue with a Preggy travelling with a 2 year old without assistance. I travelled with my 2 year old daughter when I was 32 weeks pregnant with Houston as my poe. The secondary inspection people didn't care at all about my baby's welfare and kept us waiting for over 10 hrs simply because I was unfortunate to arrive on a day when they had had many preggies sent back.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 9:20am On Feb 05, 2015
bloggerina:
Hello Everyone, how una dey?

@Mabels - I see the Lord has done it again. You must born girl this time o. Lol. Cheers mama

yes o bloggerina. Na to port to go born remain o. Praying for a girl but if na another boy then to God be the glory. i will jt continue answering to my mother of boys and form a football team with them.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 9:31am On Feb 05, 2015
[quote author=Flowers post=30440405]Am finally back home with my baby after 7 weeks. I met many nairalanders and they were helpful. Dr. Fagbohun was really nice, ]

welc back home flowers. love to ur baby
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shofas: 9:34am On Feb 05, 2015
Hello all,
Please I need help on a question my sister is due to give birth in August and her 2 years visa will expire in September,she has plans to give birth in the USA but with the expiry date on her passport does she have any chances of birthing there,thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mummyprincess: 9:48am On Feb 05, 2015
mabels:

yes o bloggerina. Na to port to go born remain o. Praying for a girl but if na another boy then to God be the glory. i will jt continue answering to my mother of boys and form a football team with them.

Lolz! May the Good Lord grant us all our heart desires. Truly, you wan make laughter kill person..

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by slimwendy85: 9:50am On Feb 05, 2015
@jomikish
Hi, ok so I have a letter from Dr. Fagbohun now, but was thinking to book another accomodation in richmond since I only have for intown suite, before going in next week in case am asked for one. So just wanted to asked if all you submitted when you went back was the white form, Dr. fagbohun's correspondence and bank statements. Also, was it the same Vo, or another one.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 9:55am On Feb 05, 2015
Shofas:
Hello all,
Please I need help on a question my sister is due to give birth in August and her 2 years visa will expire in September,she has plans to give birth in the USA but with the expiry date on her passport does she have any chances of birthing there,thanks

Well shofas, from the info gathered on this THREAD: it is believed that the officer at the point of entry determines ur eligibility to enter into the united states, and if she is due in august (meaning she sud be in d states b4 then she sud be back by September)

From the EMBASSY'S WEBSITE : While filling our draw box eligibility form last year, i saw some questions like ( did your visa expire while in the US, did u over stay etc) from these questions, i wouldn't know if one will still be qualified for the DHL Drop Box Visa Renewal Programme if the answers to these questions are YES). i mean when she is renewing o.

experts will be able to answer better.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 10:02am On Feb 05, 2015
mummyprincess:

Lolz! May the Good Lord grant us all our heart desires. Truly, you wan make laughter kill person..

wetin man pikin go do? God knows the best and am never bothered abt d sex bt won't mind having someone to fight over my high heels with.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by slanliz007(f): 10:27am On Feb 05, 2015
[quote author=Shawbabe post=30430784]Quick question to 2nd (and more times) mothers....pls how does one stop the chances of having a big baby?

It maybe difficult to reduce the weight of the baby especially if you have gone far in the preg. I advise you do a perineum massage, google it please. It may help with vaginal delivery of big babies.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Larondoo22: 10:37am On Feb 05, 2015
oluwafunkenny:
pls on the contrary, I have finished all the food in the house and yet I have only gained 4-6kg in 26wks of pregnancy. though this is my first but my tommy is not big and am afraid my baby will be very small.

My gynae said I shldnt worry but I keep on checking up the mirror. Any remedy to increase the weight and size of baby?
Better for you to have a small baby than big baby,easier to push out,within weeks baby will gain all the weight he or she needs
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Larondoo22: 11:04am On Feb 05, 2015
Pls any1 with dr D ziworitin contact oo,email to be precise should pls holla me o.pls it's urgent.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PetMe13: 11:28am On Feb 05, 2015
woaini:
Hello family, long time no post. I read all d time though and it so much fun with all the info-tainment.
Yaayyy @blogerrina so good to read from you. But this one you are back to groundnut chopping, I wonder when you'll have our time again grin

For those of us looking for cheap flights, has anyone thought of Turkish airlines? I think they just/or will start flying from abuja and the prices are reasonable (very).
Please has any of our mamas used them before? How was the experience? How was the return leg with an infant?

Turkish has excellent service. For a return leg just book for a basinet when booking baby's ticket. I had an amazing experience.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shelly23: 11:29am On Feb 05, 2015
Shofas:
Hello all,

As long as she arrives in the US before the visa expires, she'll be alright. The important thing is how long they stamp on her passport at the POE.
My visa expires on Feb 27th and I just got here on Monday but my passport was stamped for 6 months till August.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 11:41am On Feb 05, 2015
[quote author=Larondoo22 post=30446677]

Dziworitin@obmc.org
Pparada@obmc.org - secretary
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shofas: 11:53am On Feb 05, 2015
Thanks for the help Mabel's and shelly23 i wish u safe Deleivery
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Newmum0615: 12:19pm On Feb 05, 2015
Email his office at pparada@obmc.org. That is the lady in his office who corresponds with patients. Abeg no be advertising be dis. No ban me mbok.
Larondoo22:
Pls any1 with dr D ziworitin contact oo,email to be precise should pls holla me o.pls it's urgent.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dere5: 12:22pm On Feb 05, 2015
slimwendy85:
@jomikish
Hi, ok so I have a letter from Dr. Fagbohun now, but was thinking to book another accomodation in richmond since I only have for intown suite, before going in next week in case am asked for one. So just wanted to asked if all you submitted when you went back was the white form, Dr. fagbohun's correspondence and bank statements. Also, was it the same Vo, or another one.
I would advice you go with all the documents that you went with originaly since the 1st interview was not concluded and moreover,you are likely to meet a totally diffrent vo. To be on the safe side and since it wont cost you anything you can also book an accomodation around Richmond just to make everything tidy. Wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by HotChoco2(f): 12:41pm On Feb 05, 2015
Hello Guys,

Any August Mum headed for Houston? Kindly Holla.

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by coffeeblue(f): 12:59pm On Feb 05, 2015
Hello guys,

Please is there anyone with information about having one's baby is Florida?

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (402)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.