Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1379342 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Goldenheart88(f): 8:44pm On Feb 18, 2015
[quote author=ajobi21 post=30838046][/quote]

Thank you for your response. God bless.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Goldenheart88(f): 8:57pm On Feb 18, 2015
favouredB:

I am using Doctor Fares Diabakerli. Will send you his number via PM.

I have been getting lots of PMS on total cost for Hackensack and I think I should mention it here again.

Doctor's fee ....1,500 for vaginal delivery and 2000 for CS. Hospital fee...3,800 ( for 2 days normal delivery). So far for all the tests the bill came to about 620 or so but after discount I paid 220. Not sure yet about exact fees for Paed and others.

Hi @favouredB how are you and baby? Pls ill need your help. I am hoping to use Hackensack and Dr Fares based on the info provided here.

I am yet to get a quote from the Dr but I have called and im waiting for the mail from his office. I called the hospital and got a totally different price from what you were given and I want to know if I am doing anything wrong. I asked for self pay price and It was quoted at 12k for CS delivery minus Dr fees oo. I'm in shock as I was expecting to hear 5k. Please could you help me out here? I really need to get more info on how to go about this. I sent you a PM, pls reply.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by DeeandGLady: 9:39pm On Feb 18, 2015
Na wa Oooo So many people here using Dr Faboghun yet no one is willing to answer me or help me with his email address. Please am begging ones more Can someone help me (Send me a PM) with Dr Faboghun email address PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pringlesmum: 9:45pm On Feb 18, 2015
Dear Good People,
I have gone through the wonderful trends very informative and explanatory. Kudos to everyone for the sincerity and honest info shared on this platform. Please I have made contact with Dr. Fagbohun and would like to use Oakbend as I am July mum and I am 20weeks gone. Dr. Fagbohun shared Precious Cedars Mothers Care with me but the woman has not been forth coming. Please can anyone confirm to me if I really need a proof of accommodation to take along to the embassy. If I yes, please assist with possible accommodation close to Oakbend.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ifax(f): 9:57pm On Feb 18, 2015
DeeandGLady:
Na wa Oooo So many people here using Dr Faboghun yet no one is willing to answer me or help me with his email address. Please am begging ones more Can someone help me (Send me a PM) with Dr Faboghun email address .

You can do a simple search on nairaland and everything fagbohun will come up.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by feddy27: 10:03pm On Feb 18, 2015
DeeandGLady:
Na wa Oooo So many people here using Dr Faboghun yet no one is willing to answer me or help me with his email address. Please am begging ones more Can someone help me (Send me a PM) with Dr Faboghun email address PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Fagbohunmd@yahoo.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by DeeandGLady: 10:08pm On Feb 18, 2015
@feddy27 Thank you so much, I appreciate a lot. God bless you. *Hugs*

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by drafrican: 10:11pm On Feb 18, 2015
Pls has anyone gotten a direct quotation from delsol medical centre Texas .
Pls does anyone have dr martinells number or email. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Amother4life: 10:18pm On Feb 18, 2015
NEWs: CBN closes RDAS/WDAS FX window. All demand for FX should be channelled via the interbank FX market.
Interpretation : Naira has been "tactically" devalued to =N=198/$.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/cbn-suspends-rdas-wdas-forex-windows/202131/

If you can buy your dollars TODAY please do so.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by feddy27: 10:20pm On Feb 18, 2015
pringlesmum:
Dear Good People,
I have gone through the wonderful trends very informative and explanatory. Kudos to everyone for the sincerity and honest info shared on this platform. Please I have made contact with Dr. Fagbohun and would like to use Oakbend as I am July mum and I am 20weeks gone. Dr. Fagbohun shared Precious Cedars Mothers Care with me but the woman has not been forth coming. Please can anyone confirm to me if I really need a proof of accommodation to take along to the embassy. If I yes, please assist with possible accommodation close to Oakbend.

You can consider Intown suites, highway 6, 9155 houston. Google to get more details

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Vineb: 11:36pm On Feb 18, 2015
pringlesmum:
Dear Good People,

It's better you book hotel for your VISA interview. Don't think Pple at the embassy will recognize precious cedar pls house correct me if am wrong.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Airpure(f): 12:07am On Feb 19, 2015
belfy:

Am using Dr Fagbohun, he accepted my tests from naija except the 2hr fasting blood sugar test.i paid a total of 375 for the remaining tests.it will be higher if you didn't do the pap smear and others

Thanks a bunch. Grt info

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mummyprincess: 12:29am On Feb 19, 2015
[quote author=Newmum0615 post=30856087]Am I the only one that wants to go into serious fasting and prayer for this our FX rates?

You are not the only one Sis. Just immediately someone here told us about the PTA,I quickly ran to Diamond bank and opened an acct so as to buy but behold, the election got postpone n the exchange rate flew higher. I need mine as soon as possible.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mummiejay: 1:34am On Feb 19, 2015
feddy27:

You can consider Intown suites, highway 6, 9155 houston. Google to get more details

Hello Feddy, I intend using Dr. Fagbohun too but I am kind of confused on which of the intown suites is closest,cost efficient for both ante natal visits and to Oakbend hospital.Thanks in advance for your help.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by customised87: 3:50am On Feb 19, 2015
Hello house, pls has anyone obtained dre baby's US passport with an ID other than the Nig passport? My husband is not with me in the US and i already notorized the consent form in Nig without any ID n brought it to the US cos my husband's passport got missing and we were hoping to find it but we still cant find. Pls,i want to know which other Nig ID is acceptable to use for this purpose. This is quite urgent people, pls help out!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by segbas(m): 5:10am On Feb 19, 2015
fagbohunmd@yahoo.com

DeeandGLady:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Amother4life: 5:12am On Feb 19, 2015
customised87:
Hello house, pls has anyone obtained dre baby's US passport with an ID other than the Nig passport? My husband is not with me in the US and i already notorized the consent form in Nig without any ID n brought it to the US cos my husband's passport got missing and we were hoping to find it but we still cant find. Pls,i want to know which other Nig ID is acceptable to use for this purpose. This is quite urgent people, pls help out!

I hope the consent letter from Nigeria was procured from the U.S embassy in Nigeria (because you claim to have gotten it without any ID). Anything else will be rejected. All you need is your own passport and notarized consent from your spouse if I understand your question correctly.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by segbas(m): 5:20am On Feb 19, 2015
You can use any Government Issued ID, such as Intl Passport, National ID, DL, PVC, etc.....

customised87:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by somchisom: 5:34am On Feb 19, 2015
Hello house. Good morning. Pls I need some clarification. Was encouraged at my hospital to apply for the hospital financial assistance programme for self pay and they claim it has notin to do with insurance whatsoever. Can someone confirm this and do u think its safe?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by yuugo: 6:04am On Feb 19, 2015
shelly23:
Just limit the tests you pay for in Nigeria cos you'll end up redoing most of them. I'm in Florida and my doctor accepted only my glucose test and HIV tests, he insisted on doing everything else and just helped me get a higher discount from the lab.

Pls which hospital are you using in Florida and what is there cost.

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bbaby84(f): 6:05am On Feb 19, 2015
somchisom:
Hello house. Good morning. Pls I need some clarification. Was encouraged at my hospital to apply for the hospital financial assistance programme for self pay and they claim it has notin to do with insurance whatsoever. Can someone confirm this and do u think its safe?

For some reason people have mixed up insurance and financial aid up together... you can have insurance from your job (HMO) or you can pay for insurance by yourself but that's a monthly thing (eg Bupa etc)

When you say financial assistance in the hospital you're going down the route of medicaid, government assistance etc. You need to let them know you're not a resident and you would like a discount since you're paying cash and you're uninsured. Anything apart from that is for Us residents or citizens.

All the best.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by macorondo: 6:23am On Feb 19, 2015
@Ochioraumu Hmmm! Can understand what you went true. You said they claimed they contacted your uncle, my question is how did get his phone number to contact him

Ochioraumu:
Hello everybody.
I have been following conversations in this forum for some time now. I found useful information that helped me in making a decision about going to El Paso to have my baby. However, I had the biggest blow of my life yesterday at Chicago. They put me through a tough time, and eventually stamped on my passport(visa cancelled with prejudice), and sent me home immediately. I got to Germany and missed my flight due to long cue at the security. Now am stuck there, waiting till 11:00am tomorrow before I can start going back to Naija.
My head is turning round and round. I don't know what do now. I don't even understand what that statement means. I've searched in this forum, but I've only seen, cancelled without prejudice. Please can someone tell me the difference.
My story goes like this:

I applied for a B1B2 visa to come for vacation. My husbands sec sch teacher who lives in the US and is from the same village wrote me a letter of invitation. He asked me to ask from those who have had babies in the US to tell me how they did it. So I started making searches and enquiries. That was how I found this forum. Then when I contacted Doctores Para Ti, and they replied me. I forwarded the email to him. He got offended and started to warn me very seriously not to give his passport details to anyone. He told me that they might be frauds terms. So in order to please him. I said ok I won't contact them. Besides his passport details have nothing to do with my contacting them.

During my interview, they asked me why I wanted to go to the us, I said for vacation as that was what I filled in my form. Then they asked if I was pregnant, I said yes. They asked if I plan to have my baby there, I said I wouldn't mind if I have the opportunity. Then they asked me how many weeks gone I was, I told them. They asked if I had contacted a doctor, I said no. Then they told me they have approved my visa, for collection by Wednesday, and then they gave me a document of requirements for someone going to the us for medical treatment, Nd asked me to make sure I get those documents before traveling so they won't turn me back at the Poe. Eventually they gave me a b1b2 visa for 2yrs.

I started my preparations. My uncle was very slow in giving me hospital contacts so I can find out the fees since he has announced from day 1, that I will be the one to foot the bill. Then he came up with another thing. He said that I MUST go with ARIK Nd through Lagos, because somebody will be giving me something to bring for him. I narrated my ugly experience at Lagos Intl last year when I came back from the UK regarding going to the bus stop, scrambling to get on the shuttle bus to get to the car park where the person to pick me was waiting. I told him that my concern is with returning. By then I will be carrying a baby, with a newly performed c section and my luggage so that it will be a health hazard for me. Then my husband offered that the person send the stuff to us and we pay for the cost, so that I can then travel with the stuff from Abuja. He got offended and cut off communication. We called and called, but he refused to pick.

Eventually when we got in touch with the doctor he gave us, we found out the whole thing was going to cost us about 27,000 plus. Then when I compared it to Doctores para to in El Paso, I would save money from both hospital bills and accommodation and feeding. So I chose El Paso.
I even made a deposit payment do 2800k to prove my ability to pay my bills. My balance was then 4000+, and I had 6000k cash plus my card for UK account with about 4000k and my nig bank card worth also about 4000k.

At the Poe in Chicago, they asked me why I was there, I said for vacation and to have my baby. They asked my how long I plan to stay, I told them 3months (I was 32wks, 8wks b4 delivery and 4wks after delivery). Then they took me inside and kept me waiting for more than 3 hours. Eventually, a guy came to me and took me to a room. He asked me why i was there, I told him as earlier. He asked me about hospital, I gave the letter from the hospital and the receipt for the fees I paid. He asked me how MUch I had, I told him 6k and showed him. I also showed him my Visa cards and my bank statements and the reservation I made at INTOWN suites. He kept quiet, then he took all my documents . Eventually, one lady who was very unfriendly, intimidating and bossy came into the matter. She asked questions. Never allowed me to finish, and then cuts in with her own answers twisting what I say.

THE SUMMARY OF IT all. They concluded that I used my uncle to get the visa, and now I am going to El Paso. They didn't believe my story about my uncle. She also said that I lied to the visa officer and didn't willingly tell him I was coming to give birth, that I only said that because he asked me. I told her I was being interviewed and should a answer only what I am asked. Then she said that the amount the Doctores para TI wrote in their letter is unfounded. She claimed that the average cost of giving birth by c section in the US is 40000k, so if those people are charging me under 7000k, that it is suspicious. To add to the injury, they said they have called the Doctores para TI. And they were not reaching them, so they cannot verify their authenticity. They also claimed to have called my uncle and he is not picking. By that time, I knew that I was in for trouble. I asked them to send emails, as it is faster, they agreed, but never did. At the end of the day, they kept me there for nearly 10hrs and then stamped my passport: visa cancelled with prejudice. They concluded that I was making up stories, and in fact in my desperation to prove to them that I was saying the truth, I gave them all my documents, they took my diary, my phone, and all the info they got from there, they used against me, even when I told them about someone I met last Friday, who is my friend, and whose wife had her baby at El Paso. They rather twisted it and said that I only met this person after I had paid 2800k, so what was the point in meeting him? They kind of implied that Doctores para ti is a scam!
I found it difficult to accept the cancelation and sign the voluntary withdrawal of my application for entry, because I didn't understand what I did wrong. Later another came and explained to me why it was necessary for me to sign the papers, that if I didn't sign it, I will be barred from entering the US for 5 years, but if I voluntarily withdraw my application, then I would have another chance of applying for a visa. So I agreed and signed.

Please I need to know what that statement means: visa cancelled with prejudice.

I need urgent reply PLEASE!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by DeeandGLady: 7:09am On Feb 19, 2015
@ segbas, Thank you so much. Hey people KLM tickets even got more cheaper, check wakanow.com. Enjoy this discount now Ooooo.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by feddy27: 8:06am On Feb 19, 2015
mummiejay:

Hello Feddy, I intend using Dr. Fagbohun too but I am kind of confused on which of the intown suites is closest,cost efficient for both ante natal visits and to Oakbend hospital.Thanks in advance for your help.

I chose there cos i learnt highway 6 is central to the hospital and his office, so I plan to arrive then consider the locations myself. for now, I can't give a definite answer till i get there next week.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Newmum0615: 8:07am On Feb 19, 2015
Hi. The Precious Cedars usually always responds to calls and emails. Was it email or call u used to try to reach her? You can PM me for more details. Don't think I am allowed to share contact info here.
pringlesmum:
Dear Good People,

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by maypra: 8:12am On Feb 19, 2015
@ Airpure, please can you give me the details of the accommodation you are using in Hoston; awesomeleap@gmail.com. Thank you.

Airpure:
For those of u in Cold places sorry ohhhhh. HOUSTON is super hot I actually slept with a fan. Thing is I packed for cold weather.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by maypra: 8:38am On Feb 19, 2015
Hello Naijalady; is sit still available?
najalady86:
Hello everyone.

I will be leaving first week of March for Houston and will be using Oakbend and Dr. Fagbohun. Anyone interested in sharing a two bed flat in a services apartment near oakbend should contact me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 8:39am On Feb 19, 2015
customised87:

You cannot notarize without an ID,part of the form details requires a government approved ID to be provided ,recorded on the form and validated by notary public.
Also, application of US passport requires you provide a copy of the ID used to notorize(" Submit a photocopy of the front and back side of the ID that was presented to the Notary Public with Form DS-3053. "

Refer to http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/under-16.html#consent
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 9:17am On Feb 19, 2015
[quote author=DeeandGLady post=30861560]Na wa Oooo So many people here using Dr Faboghun yet no one is willing to answer me or help me with his email address. Please am begging ones more Can someone help me (Send me a PM) with Dr Faboghun email addres.

People don't want to answer cos they don't want to be rude and de re angry that this particular question has been asked like 50 times. Use fagbohunmd@yahoo.com.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shelly23: 9:27am On Feb 19, 2015
Winnie Palmer in Orlando, not budget friendly at all, but that's where I have family. $4500 for normal birth, $900 for epidural and $7600 for CS, $1050. Doctor's fee is $3400.

yuugo:

Pls which hospital are you using in Florida and what is there cost.

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sadiaalmas: 10:11am On Feb 19, 2015
supamom:
Gave birth to my princess yesterday. God is indeed faithful, He over answered all my prayers with plenty jara.

congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sadiaalmas: 10:31am On Feb 19, 2015
Phema:

More than 5 people have responded to your post and all of them have advised you to tell the truth, but you keep asking "what do I say if asked if I'm pregnant at the POE?". Now, let me tell you what you want to hear. . .

Biko my sister, LIE! Travel now before you start showing. Conceal it. And if they ask, tell them you're NOT pregnant. If they decide to do a physical examination, tell them the little bump you have is due to overfeeding. Atleast, no be crime to chop belleful. Let's just hope they don't decide to run a pregnancy test. Even if they do sef, say you didn't know you were preggy. Ehen naw, its very possible. . . undecided

And please, don't forget to go through Houston or Chicago POE. tongue grin sad

Thank me later. Yea yea, I'm nice like that. kiss

ROTFLH. I hope she will understand you. Cos i cant understand her intent to lie. She keeps trying to justify why she should lie. I wish her luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.