Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Bank Phb Sacks Another 1500. Why Are Banks Still Laying Off? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Bank Phb Sacks Another 1500. Why Are Banks Still Laying Off? (6888 Views)

Bank Phb Is Recruiting! / Bank Phb's Aptitude Test / Recruitment @ Banks Phb And Firstinland. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bank Phb Sacks Another 1500. Why Are Banks Still Laying Off? by dejavume: 7:54pm On Mar 07, 2011
E b like say na Govt work man go chuk head.I keep wondering y its only banking industry that is fun of laying off staff like say dem dey throw away paper.
Re: Bank Phb Sacks Another 1500. Why Are Banks Still Laying Off? by sirwebs(m): 8:25pm On Mar 07, 2011
sirwebs:

guys, i have some good money there, what should i do?

still asking, should i pull my money?
Re: Bank Phb Sacks Another 1500. Why Are Banks Still Laying Off? by tlops(m): 8:34pm On Mar 07, 2011
Heaven dey fall, make we pray.
Re: Bank Phb Sacks Another 1500. Why Are Banks Still Laying Off? by Ikeobinna(m): 9:29pm On Mar 07, 2011
l am not so uptodate with the banking pratice. What exactly is causing the sacking of workers.
Re: Bank Phb Sacks Another 1500. Why Are Banks Still Laying Off? by stagger: 12:30am On Mar 08, 2011
Govt work is the best.

It is better to collect N50,000 a month (with future salary increases guaranteed by NLC action) on a job you are sure you will have for 35 years, than to earn N250,000 a month for a job that can be here today and gone tomorrow.

Besides, those in govt work dey get some meat pies along the way.
Re: Bank Phb Sacks Another 1500. Why Are Banks Still Laying Off? by Bijemi(m): 7:43am On Mar 08, 2011
I have always said it. GTBank is still the most reliable bank in Nigeria. No nonsense bank.
Re: Bank Phb Sacks Another 1500. Why Are Banks Still Laying Off? by snthesis(m): 8:33am On Mar 08, 2011
shocked shocked shocked so all d Bank PHB lovely adverts na smokescreen, dey re as clueless as a headless chicken, damn!!!!!!
Re: Bank Phb Sacks Another 1500. Why Are Banks Still Laying Off? by Vinazo: 9:20am On Mar 08, 2011
They should consider Latral thinking as a solution rather, innovation is the key. They need thinkers that will help generate idears that will move the banks up.
Good thinkers pls! Not closing shops.
Again, where is the promise of job creation when jobs are been lost on a daily basis.
Re: Bank Phb Sacks Another 1500. Why Are Banks Still Laying Off? by leMuhito(f): 10:34am On Mar 08, 2011
Na wa o! How many people go come remain now? Anyways guys, try to be an entrepreneur. No one can sack you when u own your own business.
Learn from the scratch all you need here >>>www.entrepreneurshipsecret.com
Re: Bank Phb Sacks Another 1500. Why Are Banks Still Laying Off? by akinalabi(m): 11:07am On Mar 08, 2011
stagger:

Govt work is the best.

It is better to collect N50,000 a month (with future salary increases guaranteed by NLC action) on a job you are sure you will have for 35 years, than to earn N250,000 a month for a job that can be here today and gone tomorrow.

Besides, those in govt work dey get some meat pies along the way.

Whaow!

What a mindset.
Re: Bank Phb Sacks Another 1500. Why Are Banks Still Laying Off? by favouredjb(f): 11:30am On Mar 08, 2011
Bank jobs in naija dont have security
Re: Bank Phb Sacks Another 1500. Why Are Banks Still Laying Off? by blank(f): 12:38pm On Mar 08, 2011
dejavume:

FROM A CONFIRM SOURCE: BANK PHB IS GOING ON SPLIT. HABIB BANK WANTS TO STAND ALONE OPERATING ON ISLAMIC BANKING SYSTEM,AND ALL THOSE STAFF FROM PLATINUM BANK WERE BEING LAID OFF.
HAVE YOU HEARD THAT ACCESS BANK WANT TO ACQUIRE 80% OF INTERCONTINENTAL BANK SHARES?
I' M SCARED OF ALL THIS BULLSHIT IN BANKING INDUSTRY

This is so not true! Habib Pakistan is buying over the bank so nothing like Habib wants to go alone or want to do Islamic banking. The staff that were sacked were associate staff, about 600 of them. The professional staff will be sacked this week. Also heard that the new MD is meant to resign, since he is the one that has dragged the bank into the turmoil that it is undergoing. He actually received a query from the presidency for you to understand that he is doing a terrible job.
Re: Bank Phb Sacks Another 1500. Why Are Banks Still Laying Off? by jamesugo: 4:11pm On Mar 08, 2011
Useless Bank.
Another unemployment SAGA.The branch in Gbagi, Ibadan has closed down long ago,useless security only exist there with NO CASH ATM machine. I have long ago stopped servicing my account with them.
Poor people's bank.
Re: Bank Phb Sacks Another 1500. Why Are Banks Still Laying Off? by dejavume: 6:44pm On Mar 08, 2011
blank:

This is so not true! Habib Pakistan is buying over the bank so nothing like Habib wants to go alone or want to do Islamic banking. The staff that were sacked were associate staff, about 600 of them. The professional staff will be sacked this week. Also heard that the new MD is meant to resign, since he is the one that has dragged the bank into the turmoil that it is undergoing. He actually received a query from the presidency for you to understand that he is doing a terrible job.
As at your time of posting it was confirmed that another set was sacked in city of Kano.
The bank is going into Islamic banking.No b my father get am,so why i go exaggerate on top nothing!
Re: Bank Phb Sacks Another 1500. Why Are Banks Still Laying Off? by Gbenge77(m): 7:10pm On Mar 08, 2011
Job security?
Re: Bank Phb Sacks Another 1500. Why Are Banks Still Laying Off? by koolguy88(m): 9:49pm On Mar 08, 2011
the central bank is supposed to regularise these issues but it will not.
Re: Bank Phb Sacks Another 1500. Why Are Banks Still Laying Off? by mexdez: 1:23am On Mar 09, 2011
These banks just dey sack and change human beigns like say na wrapper wey them be.
Abeg if they know say them go sack, why them come dey employ in the first place??
Re: Bank Phb Sacks Another 1500. Why Are Banks Still Laying Off? by datingange(m): 3:57am On Mar 09, 2011
why do talk like that. any job one has is not his/her's forever

(1) (2) (Reply)

Look Before You Leap! Scammers On The Prowl! / Who Else Got This Message / Uba Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.