Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,849 members, 7,813,884 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

Why Ondo Election Is Not Edo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ondo Election Is Not Edo (2350 Views)

Olumide Akpata Is Not Edo Enough, Bears Yoruba Name - Obidients / Oshiomhole After Obaseki, Not Edo Assembly – Edo Speaker / I Am Not Edo Godfather - Oshiomhole On House Of Assembly Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Ondo Election Is Not Edo by Nobody: 5:57am On Oct 11, 2020
Most Ondo elderly and young indigenous people do not believe in vote casting. they rather stay and keep their PVC at home than going to their polling units unlike Edo and across Nigeria.

Half of ondo people have either lost their PVC or did not register for their voters card. The ones with voters card will not come out in their masses to vote during an election.

Ondo people have alot of very intimidating thugs meeen. You have to thank God we're in a nation that doesn't allow guns and weapons to be used freely. Fighting was done in almost all the polling units in spite of the security personnel from across the states attached to polling units. Police and Civil defense deployed from South South and South East will not be able to secure any place in south west in future election because they're just too gentle, easily intimidated and meek maybe they do not understand the culture. The soldiers outperformed all these people with their positioning lest it would have been recipe for disaster in Ondo.

I think Yoruba people are the most experienced in vote buying in Nigeria too without interfering with elections. Agent use juju to detect party you're voting from a long distance and they're mostly precise and accurate.

I never anticipated APC will win my polling unit but it was a landslide for them even though both parties bought votes I blamed the police here again. Vote buying were reported to them but they couldn't stop it.

I'm unhappy Aketi was reelected but Ondo people do not believe much in Jegede the PDP candidate too.
Re: Why Ondo Election Is Not Edo by Skmoda360(m): 6:00am On Oct 11, 2020
Na them student go suffer am...so let the suffering continue for them...

1 Like

Re: Why Ondo Election Is Not Edo by Nobody: 6:08am On Oct 11, 2020
Skmoda360:
Na them student go suffer am...so let the suffering continue for them...
Aketi wife keep giving employment to the igbos in Ondo when they have their states. Aketi included his children to head committees. He has won without rigging but by his high purchasing power as an incumbent.

Obaseki would have also been reelected had it been allowed to contest under APC. That means it would have been Edo is Ondo too.

1 Like

Re: Why Ondo Election Is Not Edo by HenryThegreat1(m): 6:09am On Oct 11, 2020
Other opposition parties were not serious.
There was no unity in PDP and even ZLP but APC were very united in ondo before d election.
Though, I love the governor to be reelected.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ondo Election Is Not Edo by Skmoda360(m): 6:18am On Oct 11, 2020
Onijagidijagan:

Aketi wife keep giving employment to the igbos in Ondo when they have their states. Aketi included his children to head committees. He has won without rigging but by his high purchase power as an incumbent.

Obaseki would have also be reelected had it been allowed to contest under APC. That means it would have been Edo is Ondo too.
So many gullible people in Ondo state....I'm even surprise that this is happening in state where masses are not benefiting from the government....Gush!!! This is trash......some girls even have the guts to post a video of selling their votes....useless girls ..come on 5000naira.

4 Likes

Re: Why Ondo Election Is Not Edo by TechyMm0: 6:19am On Oct 11, 2020
cool

Isn't this a sign of stupidity?!

Edo voted Obaseki for continuity..... Nobody wailed

Ondo voted Akeredolu for Continuity..... You accuse people of voter apathy, vote selling because your party lost

Am sure when the vote collation is over Edo and Ondo would have almost the same number of vote casted at less than 500k votes

In an interview Akeredolu was asked to speak on Tinubu and God Fatherism , instead of acting like a betrayer like Obaseki, he explained to viewers that Bola Ahmed Tinubu was the founder of ACN, and the National Leader of APC and his support for his campaign reelection was crucial for the party, however Tinubu isn't his God father but his party National Leader who he respects and hold in dear esteem

8 Likes

Re: Why Ondo Election Is Not Edo by juman(m): 6:25am On Oct 11, 2020
It seems double congratulation to buhari.

Number 1. The election was free and fair.
Number 2. The party he lead wins. He is like the party chairman.
The core north are now in charge of the party.

1 Like

Re: Why Ondo Election Is Not Edo by Nobody: 6:25am On Oct 11, 2020
I think Yoruba people are the most experienced in vote buying in Nigeria too without interfering with elections. Agent use juju to detect party you're voting from a long distance and they're mostly precise and accurate.

dem done come again.....Sophisticated and experienced in juju

and someone will tell me miyetti Allah leader is not right when he said they are backward in thinking.

3 Likes

Re: Why Ondo Election Is Not Edo by TechyMm0: 6:29am On Oct 11, 2020
Juliusmalema:

dem done come again.....Sophisticated and experienced in juju

and someone will tell me miyetti Allah leader is not right when he said they are backward in thinking.

Better by far than Abia State

Ondo no be Abia State

Mind your Ibo business accross river Niger, stop poke nosing to Yoruba politics

9 Likes

Re: Why Ondo Election Is Not Edo by Nobody: 6:32am On Oct 11, 2020
TechyMm0:

Better by far than Abia State
Ondo no be Abia State
Mind your Ibo business accross river Niger, stop poke nosing

Eat well first before quoting.

3 Likes

Re: Why Ondo Election Is Not Edo by sweetonugbu: 6:33am On Oct 11, 2020
no comment
Re: Why Ondo Election Is Not Edo by johnkey: 6:56am On Oct 11, 2020
Since the days of mimiko na im I don realize say ondo people are fools. Very backwards state with educated idiots.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ondo Election Is Not Edo by Seerade029: 7:01am On Oct 11, 2020
johnkey:
Since the days of mimiko na im I don realize say ondo people are fools. Very backwards state with educated idiots.

you're not Okay with your statement

It is okay for abia governor to get re elected.
It is okay for Obaseki to get re elected

But it's wrong for Aketi to get re elected.

Iranu

13 Likes

Re: Why Ondo Election Is Not Edo by Seerade029: 7:04am On Oct 11, 2020
[s]
Onijagidijagan:
Most Ondo elderly and young indigenous people do not believe in vote casting. they rather stay and keep their PVC at home than going to their polling units unlike Edo and across Nigeria.

Half of ondo people have either lost their PVC or did not register for their voters card. The ones with voters card will not come out in their masses to vote during an election.

Ondo people have alot of very intimidating thugs meeen. You have to thank God we're in a nation that doesn't allow guns and weapons to be used freely. Fighting was done in almost all the polling units in spite of the security personnel from across the states attached to polling units. Police and Civil defense deployed from South South and South East will not be able to secure any place in south west in future election because they're just too gentle, easily intimidated and meek maybe they do not understand the culture. The soldiers outperformed all these people with their positioning lest it would have been recipe for disaster in Ondo.

I never anticipated APC will win my polling unit but it was a landslide for them even though both parties bought votes I blamed the police here again. Vote buying were reported to them but they couldn't stop it.

I'm unhappy Aketi was reelected but Ondo people do not believe much in Jegede the PDP candidate too.
[/s]
It is okay for kogi governor to get re elected
It is okay for Benue governor to get re elected

Iranu

8 Likes

Re: Why Ondo Election Is Not Edo by johnkey: 7:04am On Oct 11, 2020
Seerade029:

you're not Okay with your statement

Iranu
You are an idiot. Wetin concern me with abia guv or obaseki? do I look like I follow politicians? abeg park well.

Ondo people enjoy the next 4 years suffering. Dumb idiots

3 Likes

Re: Why Ondo Election Is Not Edo by Seerade029: 7:09am On Oct 11, 2020
johnkey:

You are an idiot. Wetin concern me with abia guv or obaseki? do I look like I follow politicians? abeg park well.

Ode Omo, if you don't know what to type in cyberspace why can't you keep reading comments.

Always put on your thinking cap whenever you're engaging me.

3 Likes

Re: Why Ondo Election Is Not Edo by LegendHero(m): 7:09am On Oct 11, 2020
johnkey:

Nairaland is one of the highest concentration of fulls in this nation.

When people voted for Obaseki, they are exercising their rights and you guys are happy about it saying the people’s will prevailed.

When people voted for Ikpeazu in Abia even after he turned Abia to a state of decay, you guys cheered Abians on saying they rejected the Islamic party of APC.

Why can’t you just accept the people’s will in Ondo too? Why can’t you guys just respect other people opinion and stop regurgitating foolish statement everytime.

Did Ondo people tell you they are suffering? What is Jegede antecedent and what exactly has he done for Ondo people that will make you think he is the messiah?

Are those industries and roads built by Akeredolu non-existent or you expect the electorate to pay good with evil?

7 Likes

Re: Why Ondo Election Is Not Edo by johnkey: 7:12am On Oct 11, 2020
Seerade029:

Ode Omo, if you don't know what to type in cyberspace why can't you keep reading comments.

Always put on your thinking cap whenever you're engaging me.
omo ode maintain your Lane next time. You obviously lost your brains.

1 Like

Re: Why Ondo Election Is Not Edo by Seerade029: 7:13am On Oct 11, 2020
johnkey:
omo ode maintain your Lane next time. You obviously lost your brains.

Express way lane abi BRT lane?

K'enu e gba..
Re: Why Ondo Election Is Not Edo by johnkey: 7:16am On Oct 11, 2020
Seerade029:

Express way lane abi BRT lane?

K'enu e gba..
Oga fück off. I don't engage puppets (blind followers of politicians).

1 Like

Re: Why Ondo Election Is Not Edo by mrugly: 7:17am On Oct 11, 2020
Trash post
Re: Why Ondo Election Is Not Edo by LegendHero(m): 7:21am On Oct 11, 2020
johnkey:
Fool I'm no supporter of any party or politicians.

If you’re not in support of any party or candidate, then why did you say Ondo people are suffering because they voted Akeredolu?

Do you mean they should have abstained from voting or voted ZLP instead coz I can’t seems to understand your post coz you’re neither here or there!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Ondo Election Is Not Edo by Daum: 7:26am On Oct 11, 2020
TechyMm0:
cool

Isn't this a sign of stupidity?!

Edo voted Obaseki for continuity..... Nobody wailed

Ondo voted Akeredolu for Continuity..... You accuse people of voter apathy, vote selling because your party lost

Am sure when the vote collation is over Edo and Ondo would have almost the same number of vote casted at less than 500k votes

In an interview Akeredolu was asked to speak on Tinubu and God Fatherism , instead of acting like a betrayer like Obaseki, he explained to viewers that Bola Ahmed Tinubu was the founder of ACN, and the National Leader of APC and his support for his campaign reelection was crucial for the party, however Tinubu isn't his God father but his party National Leader who he respects and hold in dear esteem

Did Obaseki betray your father?

2 Likes

Re: Why Ondo Election Is Not Edo by TechyMm0: 7:28am On Oct 11, 2020
Daum:

Ask your mother why she didn't train you on how to approach strangers on public forum

2 Likes

Re: Why Ondo Election Is Not Edo by mrugly: 7:30am On Oct 11, 2020
Daum:

Did Akeredolu also betray your father?
Re: Why Ondo Election Is Not Edo by Daum: 7:31am On Oct 11, 2020
TechyMm0:

Ask your mother why she didn't train you on how to approach strangers on public forum

My mother trained me to speak only of the things I know about and keep quiet about the things I don't know.
So ask your father if Obaseki betrayed him?

2 Likes

Re: Why Ondo Election Is Not Edo by drskyfly007(m): 7:31am On Oct 11, 2020
The Internally displaced politicians eg( Tinubu and Oshomhole) respected themselves and never showed up in APC campaign train!

So the citizens of ondo were calm knowing these two IDPS won't come and be a godfather to their governor!

So the slogan Ondo no be Lagos did not sell unlike Edo no be Lagos.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

President @mbuhari Appears In New Video Visiting His Cows In Katsina / 2023 Presidency: If Tinubu And Atiku Emerge As Major Candidates, Who Will Win? / 2023: Tinubu Wife And Daughter Are The Biggest Threat To His Ambition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.