Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Are you in Enugu, Let's Mine Some Coal - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are you in Enugu, Let's Mine Some Coal (1845 Views)

War Against Illegal Coal Mining In Enugu: Illegal Mining Sites Locked / FG moves to revive Enugu coal mines / Bede Chukwuekezie Brutalized By Governor Ugwuanyi's Police In Enugu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are you in Enugu, Let's Mine Some Coal by helinues: 11:56am On Oct 11, 2020
AlexBells:

We can't just go digging on the land without the locals, we would sure involves the state as all lands belongs to the state and then the immediate local communities, what we want is state resource control or complete federal resources control not one state controls what or we need a list of resources states can control, if states control solid minerals then Enugu gets to control her coal too and other minerals yet to be discovered, so we need to know the metric why some states are controlling their minerals while fed gov control some

It is easier said than done... The process is so long and considering the non challant attitude of our political elites, it make take years to be achieved
Re: Are you in Enugu, Let's Mine Some Coal by AlexBells(m): 12:07pm On Oct 11, 2020
helinues:

It is easier said than done... The process is so long and considering the non challant attitude of our political elites, it make take years to be achieved

All I need is to mine in my land in Enugu and show the the people that I mined, I never dreamed to be a miner, let the government do their worst, injustice to the people is the worst form of injustice, my Enugu state is even better off at least they are no longer mining the coal here so it makes sense but the state is almost moderate not really financial buoyant If we are in control at least we can sell these, for us our environment is intact but you can't say same of some oil producing states, let the FG take over all valuable minerals or let every state control their resources. I know for sure that there are some things that the governor of my state can not do to me, I pass through his house many times in Oba Nsukka, there are some things he cant do to a state citizen but for the federal they can do and undo, that's why we need state resources control because they are also part of the environment

2 Likes

Re: Are you in Enugu, Let's Mine Some Coal by helinues: 12:09pm On Oct 11, 2020
AlexBells:

All I need is to mine in my land in Enugu and show the the people that I mined, I never dreamed to be a miner, let the government do their worst, injustice to the people is the worst form of injustice, my Enugu state is even better off at least they are no longer mining the coal here so it makes sense but the state is almost moderate not really financial buoyant If we are in control at least we can sell these, for us our environment is intact but you can't say same of some oil producing states, let the FG take over all valuable minerals or let every state control their resources. I know for sure that there are some things that the governor of my state can not do to me, I pass through his many times in Oba Nsukka, there are some things he cant do to a state citizen but for the federal they can do and undo, that's why we need state resources control because they are also part of the environment

That's why I said you should involve your political elites..

You can't fight a government, not in Africa...

You will not only be the one that will be affected with the aftermath but the community you are fighting for
Re: Are you in Enugu, Let's Mine Some Coal by Localemperor: 12:11pm On Oct 11, 2020
I am from Enugu and I can say that coal is abundant in Enugu.. we had to dig 3 different wells before having access to clean water in the Village.

Most of the well have a lot of oily fluid and smells awkwardly. I could mine coal in my backyard, my house was built on coal, some of my Dads farm land experience stunted growths due to the non compatibles of the soil because of the presence of coal.

Here in UGBAWKA, children stone each other with coal particles while playing because its is really shallow and could be mined with simple tools as hoes..

5 Likes

Re: Are you in Enugu, Let's Mine Some Coal by AlexBells(m): 12:13pm On Oct 11, 2020
helinues:

You will not only be the one that will be affected with the aftermath but the community you are fighting for
So are you suggesting I get into politics because that's the best way to affect fast change in a democracy, because you cant just involve your elites, unless you are rooted in the system. Besides the political landscape in the country so far is terrible, some leaders are just choiceless. How can you fight someone who is allotted an oil well, he is richer, can win you in most angles
Re: Are you in Enugu, Let's Mine Some Coal by helinues: 12:17pm On Oct 11, 2020
AlexBells:

So are you suggesting I get into politics because that's the best way to affect fast change in a democracy, because you cant just involve your elites, unless you are rooted in the system. Besides the political landscape in the country so far is terrible, some leaders are just choiceless. How can you fight someone who is allotted an oil well, he is richer, can win you in most angles

As you can see it is complicated... That's the main reason I have been advocating for effective state assembly...
Re: Are you in Enugu, Let's Mine Some Coal by AlexBells(m): 12:18pm On Oct 11, 2020
Localemperor:
I am from Enugu and I can say that coal is abundant in Enugu.. we had to dig 3 different wells before having access to clean water in the Village.

Most of the well have a lot of oily fluid and smells awkwardly. I could mine coal in my backyard, my house was built on coal, some of my Dads farm land experience stunted growths due to the non compatibles of the soil because of the presence of coal.

Here in UGBAWKA, children stone each other with coal particles while playing because its is really shallow and could be mined with simple tools as hoes..
Nice info, let's get making moves, first thing is to determine the current price of coal then research available market, even if it means getting a state contract, most of which payment will be after delivery, we try first, if our state has right to control such minerals, why is it wasting away when it can solve labour crisis and better the economy, Enugu particular had been dormant because I know the natural gas on Anambra is somehow in use, coal is not as useless even currently, there is market for it

5 Likes

Re: Are you in Enugu, Let's Mine Some Coal by AlexBells(m): 12:19pm On Oct 11, 2020
helinues:

As you can see it is complicated... That's the main reason I have been advocating for effective state assembly...
Well let's try first, I'm going to research in my state to find means to partner with the government in mining those and converting into private energy generation.
Re: Are you in Enugu, Let's Mine Some Coal by helinues: 12:21pm On Oct 11, 2020
AlexBells:

Well let's try first, I'm going to research in my state to find means to partner with the government in mining those and converting into private energy generation.

The only short cut to go about this is to lobby at the state assembly for bills mining the coals... Still na long process
Re: Are you in Enugu, Let's Mine Some Coal by Localemperor: 12:25pm On Oct 11, 2020
AlexBells:

Nice info, let's get making moves, first thing is to determine the current price of coal then research available market, even if it means getting a state contract, most of which payment will be after delivery, we try first, if our state has right to control such minerals, why is it wasting away when it can solve labour crisis and better the economy, Enugu particular had been dormant because I know the natural gas on Anambra is somehow in use, coal is not as useless even currently, there is market for it
Its really a nice initiative, and I am very much interested but would only go through the legitimate means not because am afraid of going into illegal mining but for the love of my community.

1 Like

Re: Are you in Enugu, Let's Mine Some Coal by AlexBells(m): 12:28pm On Oct 11, 2020
helinues:

The only short cut to go about this is to lobby at the state assembly for bills mining the coals... Still na long process
You can't just lobby in the assembly if you are not a member or got some people there, I'm 25, not qualified for most government offices but I'm a business man and really looking out next thing to invest on and energy seem to be in high demand but having to go through the state house is nearly impossible for me now, and the raw material is here,
Re: Are you in Enugu, Let's Mine Some Coal by Ngorbungor(m): 12:31pm On Oct 11, 2020
helinues:

Oga please stop discourage these vibrant, hardworking youth that want to change things for better, They already know that there would be challenges and it is normal someone has to take a step, as far as is their state they have every right to engage in exploring their God given resources,.
Re: Are you in Enugu, Let's Mine Some Coal by helinues: 12:34pm On Oct 11, 2020
Ngorbungor:

Oga please stop discourage these vibrant, hardworking youth that want to change things for better, They already know that there would be challenges and it is normal someone has to take a step, as far as is their state they have every right to engage in exploring their God given resources,.

Discouraged or enlightening him on how to go about it
Re: Are you in Enugu, Let's Mine Some Coal by AlexBells(m): 12:36pm On Oct 11, 2020
Localemperor:
Its really a nice initiative, and I am very much interested but would only go through the legitimate means not because am afraid of going into illegal mining but for the love of my community.
We get discussing about it, we will most likely follow legitimate process but we need to get on, the fact is that we got these resources and we should only need the approval of our state and immediate community, we shouldn't be looking at these things if the country is run the right way, but we got something that can keep us employed and in the next 50 years these things could become useless, we need to find ways to innovate on what we got transform it to not loose value over time, these things will only happen if we are granted access to it, I will tell you if you mine a cup nobody will talk, if you mine a full will Barrow nobody will talk, if you mine a truckload that's when they will begin to talk, we go with a cup then on and on before we get to the truckload, we should Already have people in the system too, we are going legitimate but we need to start bring out days when we hike and search find out what more we got

2 Likes

Re: Are you in Enugu, Let's Mine Some Coal by Ngorbungor(m): 12:44pm On Oct 11, 2020
AlexBells:

You can't just lobby in the assembly if you are not a member or got some people there, I'm 25, not qualified for most government offices but I'm a business man and really looking out next thing to invest on and energy seem to be in high demand but having to go through the state house is nearly impossible for me now, and the raw material is here,

Try your luck bro, most people you see here will tell you how dangerous it is, let me tell you, immediately you start, the first people that will show up is the local government people for tax, if you can sort them out and can continue paying your tax to them, they will take their eye off you, before the state government get to know it, the hole community and people outside the community would have been working as labourer and supervisors, by that time It will be hard for government to stop it, because it now a community powered venture. Thats my take and that's how it's been run it the north.

5 Likes

Re: Are you in Enugu, Let's Mine Some Coal by Localemperor: 12:54pm On Oct 11, 2020
AlexBells:

We get discussing about it, we will most likely follow legitimate process but we need to get on, the fact is that we got these resources and we should only need the approval of our state and immediate community, we shouldn't be looking at these things if the country is run the right way, but we got something that can keep us employed and in the next 50 years these things could become useless, we need to find ways to innovate on what we got transform it to not loose value over time, these things will only happen if we are granted access to it, I will tell you if you mine a cup nobody will talk, if you mine a full will Barrow nobody will talk, if you mine a truckload that's when they will begin to talk, we go with a cup then on and on before we get to the truckload, we should Already have people in the system too, we are going legitimate but we need to start bring out days when we hike and search find out what more we got
Where do you stay in Enugu, Am a student of UNEC but am currently not in the state, but might likely come back next month. When am back, we might visit the office of the state commissioner for solid mineral or its equivalent... We would also check how profitable the business would be, the available market and surely government would have their own cut of the revenue. I just want it to be legitimate and I don't have the strength to be running from pillar to post when shit hit the fan.

Another thing is finance, we need finance and a whole a lot of it for equipments. drop your contact and I will reach out to you

1 Like

Re: Are you in Enugu, Let's Mine Some Coal by Daewang: 1:02pm On Oct 11, 2020
AlexBells:
Since other states are Mining Gold and the Rest, Enugu should start Mining our coal before the coal becomes useless globally. I'm only talking about Enugu because I can only talk about my state for now, other states should wake up. My state is not poor, Enugu is not poor, with our coal we can start a power generation company for the state.

Any body in Enugu ready to mine coal should contact me, we will source contact to black markets in China, they buy coal from North Korea. Let my state government be foolish enough to come arrest me then the Federal Government too can do whatever they want.

What is good for Zamfara is good for Enugu. What is good for Zamfara is good for Niger Delta, What is Good for Zamfara is Good for South West, What is good for Zamfara is good for Everyone else, enough of the cheats resource control should be for everybody or nobody.

If you are in Enugu and wish to mine coal and sell or use it to generate electricity and more, let me know. We are not just going to go hunting for coal in Enugu, we will also look for other resources. SERIOUS People only.

I'm interested
Re: Are you in Enugu, Let's Mine Some Coal by AlexBells(m): 1:21pm On Oct 11, 2020
Localemperor:
Where do you stay in Enugu, Am a student of UNEC but am currently not in the state, but might likely come back next month. When am back, we might visit the office of the state commissioner for solid mineral or its equivalent... We would also check how profitable the business would be, the available market and surely government would have their own cut of the revenue. I just want it to be legitimate and I don't have the strength to be running from pillar to post when shit hit the fan.

Another thing is finance, we need finance and a whole a lot of it for equipments. drop your contact and I will reach out to you
I stay in both Achara Layout and Mount, We will go through the processes, I will DM you, reply the DM, the part of checking the revenue and all of that is important, we would also use the opportunity to search for other minerals, financing won't be a problem, let's work on the approval first, once we get the approval, we can start with little, but the approval certificate would help us in getting investors, but I know that there is local market for coal and you never can tell what else we could find.
Re: Are you in Enugu, Let's Mine Some Coal by Localemperor: 1:37pm On Oct 11, 2020
AlexBells:

I stay in both Achara Layout and Mount, We will go through the processes, I will DM you, reply the DM, the part of checking the revenue and all of that is important, we would also use the opportunity to search for other minerals, financing won't be a problem, let's work on the approval first, once we get the approval, we can start with little, but the approval certificate would help us in getting investors, but I know that there is local market for coal and you never can tell what else we could find.
Sorry the email I used for this account is not active. send me an email
Re: Are you in Enugu, Let's Mine Some Coal by Pilate2016(m): 1:41pm On Oct 11, 2020
AlexBells:

I'm interested
Re: Are you in Enugu, Let's Mine Some Coal by AlexBells(m): 1:42pm On Oct 11, 2020
Pilate2016:

I'm interested
I have DM you, please do reply
Re: Are you in Enugu, Let's Mine Some Coal by EdmundChidera(m): 1:55pm On Oct 11, 2020
AlexBells:
Since other states are Mining Gold and the Rest, Enugu should start Mining our coal before the coal becomes useless globally. I'm only talking about Enugu because I can only talk about my state for now, other states should wake up. My state is not poor, Enugu is not poor, with our coal we can start a power generation company for the state.

Any body in Enugu ready to mine coal should contact me, we will source contact to black markets in China, they buy coal from North Korea. Let my state government be foolish enough to come arrest me then the Federal Government too can do whatever they want.

What is good for Zamfara is good for Enugu. What is good for Zamfara is good for Niger Delta, What is Good for Zamfara is Good for South West, What is good for Zamfara is good for Everyone else, enough of the cheats resource control should be for everybody or nobody.

If you are in Enugu and wish to mine coal and sell or use it to generate electricity and more, let me know. We are not just going to go hunting for coal in Enugu, we will also look for other resources. SERIOUS People only.

Please interested people should DM me, only people from Enugu please, we will follow due process so nothing to worry about we just have to start somewhere.

Priority members are people who studied Geology and mining, computer Science Geophysics, Political Science, Electrical Engineering, or you are a business man or business minded any other field especially relating to hydrocarbon and energy, anybody is free to join as far as you are from Enugu State.
I'm interested, I have a degree in political science, how do we start
Re: Are you in Enugu, Let's Mine Some Coal by Localemperor: 1:59pm On Oct 11, 2020
AlexBells:
I have DM you, please do reply
I just replied you email
Re: Are you in Enugu, Let's Mine Some Coal by EdmundChidera(m): 2:15pm On Oct 11, 2020
I'm interested. Notify me
Re: Are you in Enugu, Let's Mine Some Coal by Pilate2016(m): 6:51pm On Oct 11, 2020
[quote author=AlexBells post=94832783]
I have DM you, please do reply [/quote

I have replied
Re: Are you in Enugu, Let's Mine Some Coal by sweetonugbu: 7:56pm On Oct 11, 2020
resource control all the way I am interested

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: Gozie Okeke Escapes Death At Nnewi-nnobi Road / Dele Momodu Apologizes To Nigerians For Supporting Buhari / After Ipob’s Attack-on-sight Directive: Police Operatives Live In Fear In S’east

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.