Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Help With My Lexus Es 350 - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help With My Lexus Es 350 (5876 Views)

My Lexus Car Vibrates When I Turn It On / Dubious Calculusx of V.A Auto Sales Ventures Sold A Lemon Lexus ES 350 To Me! !! / Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help With My Lexus Es 350 by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 11:34pm On Oct 14, 2020
Babadee1900:
.....the young man is busy destroying people’s cars. Had you not been on ground to monitor the job, yours would have joined the list.
you are right. He was bragging to have used more than 500pcs of such oil this year alone.
Re: Help With My Lexus Es 350 by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 11:38pm On Oct 14, 2020
Same thing happened to me too. We had an argument over oil. I wanted the recommended oil and he wanted to use engine oil for a transmission. At the end of the day he said I wasted money on the recommended oil. Thanks for your inputs.
chibjohn:

Can you imagine trying to use nigerian engine oil on a transmission. That would have just sent your transmission to death. If you are technically inclined a bit and listen to these mechanics, you will understand why a car will be very ok after 10years of use abroad but will die within 5 years in Nigeria. I do my troubleshooting and minor repairs myself these days. For major repairs, I do the troubleshooting, source the parts and supervise the mechanic. Cars have become sophisticated for the ordinary uneducated Kazeem.
Earlier this year, my car overheated while on traffic in Ikeja, took the car to this kazeem and he said I should remove thermostat, change radiator, connect fan direct and other rubbish suggestions that would have made me waste a lot of money. I did the troubleshooting and repairs myself. Guess what I changed - radiator cover. 10 months later, I haven't experienced another overheating.
If you are technically inclined, download the workshop manual of your car. Take time to consult it when you have issues before going to these car killers.
Re: Help With My Lexus Es 350 by iamimonitie(m): 1:50pm On Oct 23, 2020
TheNewAgeFarmer:
Same thing happened to me too. We had an argument over oil. I wanted the recommended oil and he wanted to use engine oil for a transmission. At the end of the day he said I wasted money on the recommended oil. Thanks for your inputs.

Hello sir. I am considering purchasing the Lexus es350 2008 version later this year. I also live in benin and will be happy to connect with you for tips for the purchase documentation and checks so I wont enter one-chance as well as a link to a very competent mechanic for the vehicle.. can you kindly send me a message on whatsapp on 07010081081.. thanks again..
Re: Help With My Lexus Es 350 by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 8:44am On Oct 24, 2020
Okay I will give you a call!.
iamimonitie:

Hello sir. I am considering purchasing the Lexus es350 2008 version later this year. I also live in benin and will be happy to connect with you for tips for the purchase documentation and checks so I wont enter one-chance as well as a link to a very competent mechanic for the vehicle.. can you kindly send me a message on whatsapp on 07010081081.. thanks again..
Re: Help With My Lexus Es 350 by 9icetoo(m): 8:41am On Oct 25, 2020
iamimonitie:

I've got a 2010 that you might like. Toks. Just arrived. My number is in my signature. But will still reach out to you. Cheers
Re: Help With My Lexus Es 350 by jembalord: 12:40pm On Oct 09, 2022
chibjohn:

Can you imagine trying to use nigerian engine oil on a transmission. That would have just sent your transmission to death. If you are technically inclined a bit and listen to these mechanics, you will understand why a car will be very ok after 10years of use abroad but will die within 5 years in Nigeria. I do my troubleshooting and minor repairs myself these days. For major repairs, I do the troubleshooting, source the parts and supervise the mechanic. Cars have become sophisticated for the ordinary uneducated Kazeem.
Earlier this year, my car overheated while on traffic in Ikeja, took the car to this kazeem and he said I should remove thermostat, change radiator, connect fan direct and other rubbish suggestions that would have made me waste a lot of money. I did the troubleshooting and repairs myself. Guess what I changed - radiator cover. 10 months later, I haven't experienced another overheating.
If you are technically inclined, download the workshop manual of your car. Take time to consult it when you have issues before going to these car killers.

Can you share with us how you source your parts?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

DIY: Replacement Of Transmission Filter, 03-07 Accord 4cyl / The Truth, The Whole Truth, And Nothing But The Truth! / Honda Element

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.