Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Sars: A Curious Case Of Nigerians Deceiving Nigerians - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sars: A Curious Case Of Nigerians Deceiving Nigerians (296 Views)

Men Please Stop Deceiving Yourselves, You Will Choose Beauty Over Brain / Lady Accuses Eno Obong Okon Of Deceiving Her With Marriage Proposal / Lady Calls Out Her Married Boyfriend For Deceiving Her (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sars: A Curious Case Of Nigerians Deceiving Nigerians by Thanos(m): 5:50pm On Oct 11, 2020
Hallelujah!. They have finally banned sars. All is right with the world. Nigeria is returning to her glory days. Corruption has ended, and we have put the enemy to shame. Just look at these shambles of a country. I don’t see myself as someone who courts controversy. But I am sure people would come for my head for asking this question;

They have banned sars. And so?

You can deceive others, but you cannot deceive yourself. 10 years ago, the prevalence of police brutality at the hands of these legalized criminals called sars was at a minimum. As of 10 years ago, sars were synonymous with the fearless unit of policemen that went where no one dared to go. So what happened? Why is it that in the space of 10 years, the squad that struck fear in the heart of armed robbers is now the numero uno terrorist organization frustrating the lives of Nigerian youths? And why are the youths their primary target? The answer is in the economics of money. See, in the 2010s, online fraud became a booming business in Nigeria. In a bid not to throw bogus numbers around, I’ll state this disclaimer here that whatever figures I’ll be quoting are localized to my personal experience. You should take it with a pinch of salt. But 6 in every 10 young boy/girl is a direct or indirect beneficiary of “yahoo money”. If you know, you know. We cannot come and be deceiving ourselves. With this rise in the number of young people engaged in online fraud, an equal, opposing force had to rise to help curtail their money laundering schemes and keep everything perfectly balanced, as they should be.

Enter the modern-day sars.
https://revoluth./2020/10/05/sars-on-the-beat/

1 Like

Re: Sars: A Curious Case Of Nigerians Deceiving Nigerians by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 11, 2020
Rubbish thread. Stop criticising the #ENDSARS issue with your baseless sentiments. That branch of the nigerian police have gone rogue a long time ago, i don't know why they were still operating freely up till now. Last time I came to Nigeria I noticed the touts and their mode of operations. I was stopped several times by those touts, if not for my commanding presence/physical appearance I know the story would be different. They are very uncivilized and uneducated, from their method of interrogation you can easily tell that those officials are simply criminals with legalized AKs.
How can you profile every good looking young man as a criminal? Does that make any sense?

FYI, efcc is the one in charge of prosecuting fraudulent and financial crimes, not sars. Disbanding sars is a welcome development, at least for the meantime. We hope the unit that will be set up as a replacement will be made up of trained and qualified persons.

1 Like

Re: Sars: A Curious Case Of Nigerians Deceiving Nigerians by bmdthemix: 6:43pm On Oct 11, 2020
Thanos:
Hallelujah!. They have finally banned sars. All is right with the world. Nigeria is returning to her glory days. Corruption has ended, and we have put the enemy to shame. Just look at these shambles of a country. I don’t see myself as someone who courts controversy. But I am sure people would come for my head for asking this question;

They have banned sars. And so?

You can deceive others, but you cannot deceive yourself. 10 years ago, the prevalence of police brutality at the hands of these legalized criminals called sars was at a minimum. As of 10 years ago, sars were synonymous with the fearless unit of policemen that went where no one dared to go. So what happened? Why is it that in the space of 10 years, the squad that struck fear in the heart of armed robbers is now the numero uno terrorist organization frustrating the lives of Nigerian youths? And why are the youths their primary target? The answer is in the economics of money. See, in the 2010s, online fraud became a booming business in Nigeria. In a bid not to throw bogus numbers around, I’ll state this disclaimer here that whatever figures I’ll be quoting are localized to my personal experience. You should take it with a pinch of salt. But 6 in every 10 young boy/girl is a direct or indirect beneficiary of “yahoo money”. If you know, you know. We cannot come and be deceiving ourselves. With this rise in the number of young people engaged in online fraud, an equal, opposing force had to rise to help curtail their money laundering schemes and keep everything perfectly balanced, as they should be.

Enter the modern-day sars.
https://revoluth./2020/10/05/sars-on-the-beat/
yahoo is effc job not sars simple.
those fools are just bout d money.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help Out Guys / Is There Anything Like Cheating In A Relationship? / There Are Friends And There Are Brothers, Davido Says As Friend Gifts Him A Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.