Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,948 members, 7,810,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

I've Just Been Scammed!!!! Beware Of All These Whatsapp Tvs And Their Ads - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I've Just Been Scammed!!!! Beware Of All These Whatsapp Tvs And Their Ads (1486 Views)

I've Just Been Served Breakfast!! / I Have Just Been Kicked Out Of My Lekki Apartment (pics). / I've Seen Many Dicks, Guys With Infected Dicks Want Virgins - Medical Personnel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I've Just Been Scammed!!!! Beware Of All These Whatsapp Tvs And Their Ads by ChopBellefull(m): 9:48pm On Oct 11, 2020
Today 11th of October 2020..

I saw an advert on a whatsapp TV i was registered under.. I've viewed this TV for more than a month now. Just this evening there was an advert on sportybet odds.. i clicked on it and i was registered to the number of the scammer.

He told me to fund my account online.. using his link i refused and funded it with my link and sent him a screenshot of it. He said for me to get the code i have to click on the link.. All these is after we've agreed on a 30% share.

I clicked the link and i was asked to register with my number (sportybet always registers punters with their phone numbers). The next thing i started seeing was codes on my smaller phone where my otp goes to... Before i knew na credit alerts i begin see.

SN: Yea, some people will come here and say "see what bet has done to you". Well, it could have been anybody and it could have been in any form or way.
Please dont click on untrusted links.. I'm penniless now.

Below is the spammed sportybet site, and i just noticed the time there says 90:00 and the odds against each other are very unreal.

Well i am a victim but i had to write this to save you..
The scammer's number is 08029660383

Lalasticlala
Seun
Righteousness89
Lefulefu

Re: I've Just Been Scammed!!!! Beware Of All These Whatsapp Tvs And Their Ads by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 11, 2020
always be careful clicking on links cheesy
scammers no get joy dese days cheesy
anytime somebody sends me messages about money doubling or any sports bet b4 he finishes i will just calmly block the person.
i love the block button cheesy

6 Likes

Re: I've Just Been Scammed!!!! Beware Of All These Whatsapp Tvs And Their Ads by Clicked: 9:54pm On Oct 11, 2020
Was it not just last week, another nairalander said he was scammed on that same sporty bet using this same format?

They keep telling people to stop clicking on strange links, y'all won't listen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Scammed!!!! Beware Of All These Whatsapp Tvs And Their Ads by ChopBellefull(m): 9:54pm On Oct 11, 2020
lefulefu:
always be careful clicking on links cheesy
scammers no get joy dese days cheesy
anytime somebody sends me messages about money doubling or any sports bet b4 he finishes i will just calmly block the person.
i love the block button cheesy

Guy I'm always careful.. but this one came as a surprise to me... Omo e no go beta for da pesin...

1 Like

Re: I've Just Been Scammed!!!! Beware Of All These Whatsapp Tvs And Their Ads by ChopBellefull(m): 9:55pm On Oct 11, 2020
Clicked:
Was it not just last week, another nairalander said he was scammed on that same sporty bet using this same format?

They keep telling people to stop clicking on strange links, y'all won't listen.

Baba na me do myself o...

1 Like

Re: I've Just Been Scammed!!!! Beware Of All These Whatsapp Tvs And Their Ads by uniqueboi1(m): 9:55pm On Oct 11, 2020
Sporty bet is compromised. People have been losing money there. And it seems like the operators are part of the scam. Many elderly men for my area here dae complain. One said they took his 500k another said 200k. How do you put such huge cash in a bet site?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I've Just Been Scammed!!!! Beware Of All These Whatsapp Tvs And Their Ads by austine4real(m): 9:58pm On Oct 11, 2020
Report the number to NCC

REPORT SPORTYBET TO LAGOS LOTTERY COMMISSION

STOP LOOKING FOR QUICK MONEY

1 Like

Re: I've Just Been Scammed!!!! Beware Of All These Whatsapp Tvs And Their Ads by ChopBellefull(m): 10:07pm On Oct 11, 2020
austine4real:
Report the number to NCC

REPORT SPORTYBET TO LAGOS LOTTERY COMMISSION

STOP LOOKING FOR QUICK MONEY

I swear na quick money bring quick loss now o

1 Like

Re: I've Just Been Scammed!!!! Beware Of All These Whatsapp Tvs And Their Ads by Babawale01: 10:22pm On Oct 11, 2020
Same thing happened to a guy around me last week.
Re: I've Just Been Scammed!!!! Beware Of All These Whatsapp Tvs And Their Ads by Funkyswagzz(m): 10:23pm On Oct 11, 2020
There is this guy that send same msg on my phone with different number every working day. I'm tired of blocking the numbers. Pls how can I stop him..
Re: I've Just Been Scammed!!!! Beware Of All These Whatsapp Tvs And Their Ads by ChopBellefull(m): 10:42pm On Oct 11, 2020
Babawale01:
Same thing happened to a guy around me last week.

Its easy for them because sporty bet uses phone number for quick registration

1 Like

Re: I've Just Been Scammed!!!! Beware Of All These Whatsapp Tvs And Their Ads by onomeabuja: 10:44pm On Oct 11, 2020
ChopBellefull:

Guy I'm always careful.. but this one came as a surprise to me... Omo e no go beta for da pesin...
Sorry for d loss BT how much were u scam?
Re: I've Just Been Scammed!!!! Beware Of All These Whatsapp Tvs And Their Ads by Babawale01: 10:57pm On Oct 11, 2020
ChopBellefull:

Its easy for them because sporty bet uses phone number for quick registration

I've never seen something like that before.

They fund his account and wire the money into a bank account. I don't know how they did it Bro
Re: I've Just Been Scammed!!!! Beware Of All These Whatsapp Tvs And Their Ads by obo389(m): 11:51pm On Oct 11, 2020
ChopBellefull:
Today 11th of October 2020..

I saw an advert on a whatsapp TV i was registered under.. I've viewed this TV for more than a month now. Just this evening there was an advert on sportybet odds.. i clicked on it and i was registered to the number of the scammer.

He told me to fund my account online.. using his link i refused and funded it with my link and sent him a screenshot of it. He said for me to get the code i have to click on the link.. All these is after we've agreed on a 30% share.

I clicked the link and i was asked to register with my number (sportybet always registers punters with their phone numbers). The next thing i started seeing was codes on my smaller phone where my otp goes to... Before i knew na credit alerts i begin see.

SN: Yea, some people will come here and say "see what bet has done to you". Well, it could have been anybody and it could have been in any form or way.
Please dont click on untrusted links.. I'm penniless now.

Below is the spammed sportybet site, and i just noticed the time there says 90:00 and the odds against each other are very unreal.

Well i am a victim but i had to write this to save you..
The scammer's number is 08029660383

Lalasticlala
Seun
Righteousness89
Lefulefu
Report this issue by making a complaint to the WhatsApp tv you are following or registered with so he can do the needful if he can.
The owner responsible for that mobile number your showing can be flagged as scam.
Re: I've Just Been Scammed!!!! Beware Of All These Whatsapp Tvs And Their Ads by Nobody: 12:15am On Oct 12, 2020
ChopBellefull:

be wary of links wey dem send u.hope the money no too big wey d scammer collect from u sha
Re: I've Just Been Scammed!!!! Beware Of All These Whatsapp Tvs And Their Ads by Iamtoyosii: 12:46am On Oct 12, 2020
I can relate, happened to me ,but I took the case to the police station because the of the amount involved,that God I now have the hacker's full name and an arrest warrant on him, my IPO is supposed to make the arrest this week.

(1) (Reply)

Pls help! Am in love with two ladies both pregnant for me. Who do I marry? / This Life (picture) / Sheep Climbs To The Top Of A Storey Building To Avoid Being Used For Sallah Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.