Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,187 members, 7,829,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? (3072 Views)

I'm Bragging, Darn It! / Obladi Oblada - What Does It Mean? / Yemkem Herbal Products,does It Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by pinkrex(m): 6:54pm On Mar 05, 2011
I wonder why some peepz go way out of line to supply their private life's details just to gain attention or ovation. Like; I live in a duplex, I have five cars, I earn this in a month bla bla even when its not important. I think its absurd but I realised people do that on NL, I want your inputs on this threas please,
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by Emmyk(m): 7:28pm On Mar 05, 2011
To some extent, I dont mind. Btw, who give a hoot where u leave . Lol
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by pinkrex(m): 7:50pm On Mar 05, 2011
You gat to start asking the right people the right questions buddy. Nice opinion doe, lol tew
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by Odunnu: 8:16pm On Mar 05, 2011
Its childish
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by pinkrex(m): 8:47pm On Mar 05, 2011
Its childish. Well, NL has got no child restriction!
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 05, 2011
If it doesnt interest me, then i dont care unless you get in my face.   But sometimes reading about other people's experiences is interesting. Isnt that the point of biographies and such.  It all depends i guess.
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by pinkrex(m): 10:03pm On Mar 05, 2011
Biographies you said, not autobiographies. Why should you brag about whatever u have? Some NL babes are good with that, bragging with all their bussiness and exposing themselves to an internet of uncountable users. Is it really fun?
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Mar 05, 2011
actually, i dont know.

people say a lot of things both on the web and in real life.

anyone who wants to brag should brag- i dont really care as long as i have other things to do and you're not jumping on me with it.

i can read a book, watch tv, weed the front yard, or whatever.

that's one thing i like about growing up in nigeria- i had so much to do that i didnt have time to wonder what i should be bragging about, or what others were bragging on.

when you have to fetch water, walk a few miles here and there, sweep here, scrub there, get crushes, study for exams, etc, bragging or what someone is bragging about, doesnt take priority. I guess that's the mindset i have now.

but nowadays when most people are more comfortable maybe they brag more- i dont know.

however, it does pay to be careful because the listeners might take such things in another way.
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by obowunmi(m): 12:40am On Mar 06, 2011
I like reading the "bragging stuff" often times, when people brag --- they don't have it. They only wish they did. So they come on the internet to falsely pretend ---- all that aside, I still enjoy reading. REAL or FAKE --- some folks here and terrific writers.
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by pinkrex(m): 5:28am On Mar 06, 2011
I like reading the "bragging stuff" often times, when people brag --- they don't have it. They only wish they did. So they come on the internet to falsely pretend ---- all that aside, I still enjoy reading. REAL or FAKE --- some folks here and terrific writers. I'm beginning to agree with you. One guilty one just poked me on another thread claiming I made d thread cos of her.
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by obowunmi(m): 7:13am On Mar 06, 2011
Lol --- imagine the feeling of utmost importance, "started the thread because of her." Hehehe!
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by pinkrex(m): 7:47am On Mar 06, 2011
Abeg c me c wahala ooo. Its dat Mzdskn lady. Don't even care more about her on NL but she's a student freestyling with d bad English she's been taught is skool.
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by InkedNerd(f): 10:20am On Mar 06, 2011
@OP: I will admit, I do talk about my personal life but not in the manner you described and its not for attention. I talk about my life both off and on NL so its not a big deal to me. Some people come here to escape or get away from the realities of their actual life. Some don't like the life they lead so depicting themselves in the manner that is unlike that of their actual life gives them some sort of importance. I guess it depends on the specific individual. Those are just my two cents on the whole thing undecided
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by pinkrex(m): 10:42am On Mar 06, 2011
On point! I noticed you always d first or last on every active thread(no offense pls) but hvnt seen you bragging niway. Some peepz come here to declare their asset without been askd to.
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by Nobody: 10:47am On Mar 06, 2011
In my own opinion I think its childish but there can be exceptions for those that brag and they have the bragging right!
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by InkedNerd(f): 10:50am On Mar 06, 2011
pinkrex:

On point! I noticed you always d first or last on every active thread(no offense pls) but hvnt seen you bragging niway. Some peepz come here to declare their asset without been askd to.

The first or last? Hmmm, is that a good thing or a bad thing? Just wondering.
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by Beync(f): 11:30am On Mar 06, 2011
obowunmi:

I like reading the "bragging stuff" often times, when people brag --- they don't have it. They only wish they did. So they come on the internet to falsely pretend ---- all that aside, I still enjoy reading. REAL or FAKE --- some folks here and terrific writers.
agree with the bold.
and even if we have, is there any star price for flaunting on NL.
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by Pennywise(m): 11:52am On Mar 06, 2011
@OP
I have been on NL a while now I cant say I have seen any one come here to brag openly about personal assets and the like. Nigerians are way too sophisticated for that. Pple frequently brag about dikc size and the like-I mean who wouldnt want to talk when u have a 14-inch monster in your pant when guys with 7 inches are all over the place.

Having said that I think the person with serious issues here is the opening poster. You have been here with less than a 100 posts and you are already judging pple. You need a moment of introspection. I think you have a deep seated internal conflict bordering on prejudice and envy that you need to confront.

I have seen a few pple on this forum who genuinely want to help out in certain situations whether the issue is about property or vehicles by making reference to personal experience. I dont see how that counts as bragging. A thread like this is in any case pointless without one or two valid examples. If you mean what you say lets have one or two examples otherwise be very quiet. Thanks.
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by pinkrex(m): 12:00pm On Mar 06, 2011
The first or last? Hmmm, is that a good thing or a bad thing? Just wondering. Its just that you finish what you start! Lol
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by pinkrex(m): 12:05pm On Mar 06, 2011
Pennywise:@OPI have been on NL a while now I cant say I have seen any one come here to brag openly about personal assets and the like. Nigerians are way too sophisticated for that. Pple frequently brag about dikc size and the like-I mean who wouldnt want to talk when u have a 14-inch monster in your pant when guys with 7 inches are all over the place.Having said that I think the person with serious issues here is the opening poster. You have been here with less than a 100 posts and you are already judging pple. You need a moment of introspection. I think you have a deep seated internal conflict bordering on prejudice and envy that you need to confront.I have seen a few pple on this forum who genuinely want to help out in certain situations whether the issue is about property or vehicles by making reference to personal experience. I dont see how that counts as bragging. A thread like this is in any case pointless without one or two valid examples. If you mean what you say lets have one or two  examples otherwise be very quiet. Thanks. Uv been on this NL for long but uv been so absent minded to notice. I'm sure you are the transponder placed on me. Well, for you illitrate info; there is always a reason to start anything. You no diffrence to the people I'm referring to n do me a favour by taking ur blabbs somewhere else cos I can't remember inviting you on this thread. Thank u!
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by Pennywise(m): 12:16pm On Mar 06, 2011
pinkrex:

Pennywise:@OPI have been on NL a while now I cant say I have seen any one come here to brag openly about personal assets and the like. Nigerians are way too sophisticated for that. Pple frequently brag about dikc size and the like-I mean who wouldnt want to talk when u have a 14-inch monster in your pant when guys with 7 inches are all over the place.Having said that I think the person with serious issues here is the opening poster. You have been here with less than a 100 posts and you are already judging pple. You need a moment of introspection. I think you have a deep seated internal conflict bordering on prejudice and envy that you need to confront.I have seen a few pple on this forum who genuinely want to help out in certain situations whether the issue is about property or vehicles by making reference to personal experience. I dont see how that counts as bragging. A thread like this is in any case pointless without one or two valid examples. If you mean what you say lets have one or two  examples otherwise be very quiet. Thanks.       
Uv been on this NL for long but uv been so absent minded to notice. I'm sure you are the transponder placed on me. Well, for you illitrate info; there is always a reason to start anything. You no diffrence to the people I'm referring to n do me a favour by taking your blabbs somewhere else cos I can't remember inviting you on this thread. Thank u!

What a dunce of a human being. You have made a 100 posts yet u still dont know how to insert quote. Odeh. What can anybody possibly teach you that will enable you and make you relevant?
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by pinkrex(m): 12:20pm On Mar 06, 2011
smoothsk:In my own opinion I think its childish but there can be exceptions for those that brag and they have the bragging right! Bragging right Xplain.
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by Emmyk(m): 12:35pm On Mar 06, 2011
Like; who sues you for bragging.
I said no one give a hoot about your "IMAGINARY POSSESSIONS".
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by pinkrex(m): 12:37pm On Mar 06, 2011
Yea yea! Absolutely, uv got all the right you need only in your head!
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by LordReed(m): 1:48pm On Mar 06, 2011
@Pennywise
You in error my friend. There lots of braggarts on NL and I can give you chapter and verse but that'll only raise their self importance. Just be observant you'll spot them.

@Topic
I guess it gets their rocks off but if am chatting and someone comes up with they've got without being asked am gonna tell that person off. I can't stand bragging.
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by pinkrex(m): 1:53pm On Mar 06, 2011
@TopicI guess it gets their rocks off but if am chatting and someone comes up with they've got without being asked am gonna tell that person off. I can't stand bragging. Geeeezzzz, is kinda so annoying mehn!!!
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by pinkrex(m): 1:56pm On Mar 06, 2011
@PennywiseYou in error my friend. There lots of braggarts on NL and I can give you chapter and verse but that'll only raise their self importance. Just be observant you'll spot them! Another confirmation that yu are absent minded n probably think with you 14 inches dikkk
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by Emmyk(m): 2:19pm On Mar 06, 2011
Hey pinkrex, please use quote.
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by Beync(f): 2:29pm On Mar 06, 2011
Braggers are low persons in real life who come to upgrade them images on Internet.
Infact in real life,am having converstion or watever with u, once  u show u r a braggart,
my respect for u starts diminishing
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by pinkrex(m): 4:05pm On Mar 06, 2011
Emmyk:Hey pinkrex, please use quote. Meaning?
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by InkedNerd(f): 7:01pm On Mar 06, 2011
pinkrex:

Emmyk:Hey pinkrex, please use quote.      Meaning?

Meaning when you want to reply to someone, stop copying their words and just scroll down the page and click on 'Insert Quote'.

Pennywise:

@OP
I have been on NL a while now I cant say I have seen any one come here to brag openly about personal assets and the like. Nigerians are way too sophisticated for that. Pple frequently brag about dikc size and the like-I mean who wouldnt want to talk when u have a 14-inch monster in your pant when guys with 7 inches are all over the place.

Having said that I think the person with serious issues here is the opening poster. You have been here with less than a 100 posts and you are already judging pple. You need a moment of introspection. I think you have a deep seated internal conflict bordering on prejudice and envy that you need to confront.

I have seen a few pple on this forum who genuinely want to help out in certain situations whether the issue is about property or vehicles by making reference to personal experience. I dont see how that counts as bragging. A thread like this is in any case pointless without one or two valid examples. If you mean what you say lets have one or two  examples otherwise be very quiet. Thanks.

You've made a very interesting point.

Pennywise:

What a dunce of a human being. You have made a 100 posts yet u still dont know how to insert quote. Odeh. What can anybody possibly teach you that will enable you and make you relevant?

Chineke, Pennywise please be nice to the OP. I know you may not have liked what he said but cut him some slack [at least till he reaches his 200th post lol].
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by 197(f): 7:05pm On Mar 06, 2011
I have done everything to prove that i love inkerd

its not working

could internet bragging help me get her >> someone please tell me!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Beverly Osu Post Nude For Christmas / 10 Good Luck Charms Around The World. / Who Is Dorcas Shola Fapson?|biography & History Of Actress Dorcas Shola Fapson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.