Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,358 members, 7,850,319 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:15 PM

Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? (3084 Views)

I'm Bragging, Darn It! / Obladi Oblada - What Does It Mean? / Yemkem Herbal Products,does It Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 06, 2011
Empty barrels make the loudest noice. Full stop
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 06, 2011
I think the reason we brag is because nigerians find it embarassing to say they`re poor, or to admit they were poor. Those who actually were, that is. I am not your average nigerian so i have no issues saying how things were for me personally. If i`d been rich maybe i`d be bragging too, who knows. But to an average middle class (or lower middle class) nigerian, social constructs are very important, hence the mental barrier to anything that reminds them of poverty. Regardless how many documentaries the western media wants to show.
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by ragdollz: 3:58am On Mar 07, 2011
Lol @ topic, some folks let something drop once in a while, a detail or two just to give personal depth to a discussion. But yeah I have direct experience with a non-Nigerian member who brags about having two cars, a "job" etc at 22. I guess where she comes from all of it's a big deal grin. Even went so far as to upload a pic of the "car" on her profile (a complete FAIL cos the car was looking like a fourth-hand jalopy grin). So yeah, I agree that bragging is tres LAME! Lol. But nywys, what ever bakes ur buns grin
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by Nobody: 4:15am On Mar 07, 2011
ragdollz:

Lol @ topic, some folks let something drop once in a while, a detail or two just to give personal depth to a discussion. But yeah I have direct experience with a non-Nigerian member who brags about having two cars, a "job" etc at 22. I guess where she comes from all of it's a big deal grin. Even went so far as to upload a pic of the "car" on her profile (a complete FAIL cos the car was looking like a fourth-hand jalopy grin). So yeah, I agree that bragging is tres LAME! Lol. But nywys, what ever bakes your buns grin

[Mz.D feels like pissing off Ragdollz grin grin)
Soo! Raggay! How was the jog to the bus stop? grin grin
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by ragdollz: 4:29am On Mar 07, 2011
^^^^^ See this yeye foooool. Soon she go complain say I dey hound am. Guilty Conscience.

Hey Jamo Arrow, you've been panting and waiting for my post here grin. Lame needy insecure poverty-stricken orphan grin. You'll NEVER learn!
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by Nobody: 4:33am On Mar 07, 2011
ragdollz:

^^^^^ See this yeye foooool. Soon she go complain say I dey hound am. Guilty Conscience.

Hey Jamo Arrow, you've been panting and waiting for my post here grin. Lame needy insecure poverty-stricken orphan grin. You'll NEVER learn!

No bush btch a friend of mine called me cracking up @ the REAL yeye fowl (yew!) and showed me this link. I am just enjoying the show. grin grin
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by 197(f): 4:34am On Mar 07, 2011
Ragdollz you both should settle,

im really impressed by you both
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by ragdollz: 4:40am On Mar 07, 2011
Shut UP u Jamo filth! Your friend did what? Look I can see right thru ur fake insecure self; my opinion matters so much to u that's why u skip to reply when ever I drop it. Just go hang urself with a live cable or better still, gas urself in one of ur molues and give us a break!
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by Nobody: 4:53am On Mar 07, 2011
ragdollz:

Shut UP u Jamo filth! Your friend did what? Look I can see right thru your fake insecure self; my opinion matters so much to u that's why u skip to reply when ever I drop it. Just go hang urself with a live cable or better still, gas urself in one of your molues and give us a break!

LMAO! ALL OF YOUR POSTS have to do with Mz.DarkSkin silly bush curry goat.
I give two shitz about you Raghoggz and you know it! How about I cut the live cable cord
dip it in water and shove it in yer nappy weave till you foam @ the mouth! Then use your bush corpse
as a speed bump. See right through me? The only thing you see are the goat nuts on yer chin, BEE-YA-ITCH.
Dusty bush hyena. Looking like something on the bottom of Shaquile O'neil's feet.
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by ragdollz: 4:56am On Mar 07, 2011
LAME

LAME

LAME

LAME

AND LAME!!!!
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by Nobody: 4:58am On Mar 07, 2011
LOL@ mumu she-goat Ragdollz.
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by ragdollz: 5:02am On Mar 07, 2011
Yaaawwwn someone wake me up when that termite Jamo stops being so freaking LAME!!!!
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by Nobody: 5:06am On Mar 07, 2011
ragdollz:

Yaaawwwn someone wake me up when that termite Jamo stops being so freaking LAME!!!!

*sprays Raid on the bush roach! tongue*
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by ragdollz: 5:12am On Mar 07, 2011
Like I said folks, pls holler at me when it gets interesting (sleeps off dreaming DarkSh-it will get crushed in her molue by a drunken trailer driver. Hmmmn, good times heehee)
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by InkedNerd(f): 6:15am On Mar 07, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

[Mz.D feels like pissing off Ragdollz grin grin)
Soo! Raggay! How was the jog to the bus stop? grin grin

Lmao grin grin grin
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by pinkrex(m): 7:21am On Mar 07, 2011
Plz guyz don't deviat from the topic n turn it into a fight. As for those 'fools' brewing for a fight ill just leave all ya to ur frustrations.
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by ragdollz: 8:35am On Mar 07, 2011
Excuse me Inked nerd but what was so funny? Hope u haven't been hit with the lame stick,too. Lmao :X.
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by InkedNerd(f): 10:49am On Mar 07, 2011
ragdollz:

Excuse me Inked nerd but what was so funny? Hope u haven't been hit with the lame stick,too. Lmao :X.

Excuse me? Please direct your comment at MzD@rkSkin, not me. I read what she wrote, I thought it was funny so I laughed. End of story. Do you have a problem with me laughing or did laughing suddenly become a crime?
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by ragdollz: 11:07am On Mar 07, 2011
On Nairaland, Inked Nerd, you should mind how u "laugh". An "lmao" at the wrong place or time can mean any of the following:

1. You're trying to ferment trouble

2. You're taking sides

3. The "joke" was really just too funny.

You seem to lay claim to no. 3, which is the worst bc it wasn't even that funny. And even if it was, it's total bad form and pure lack of foresight to be "lmao"ing. Wiser folks would just laugh without dropping a comment just to stay out of it. I guess u seem to want in on this. Be my guest. However being on NL longer than I u don't need me to break it down to u.
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by 197(f): 12:07pm On Mar 07, 2011
inkerd is now involved!!

grabs popcorn and suya** my 2 wives finish her*** her own is too much grin grin
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by 197(f): 12:51pm On Mar 07, 2011
Ragdollz dont u get tired~

Which Jamaican girl stole your BF dats makin u steam with such hatred

I know say dem don do u strong thing! seriously rag please drop it ** i don tire 4 u **
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by pinkrex(m): 12:55pm On Mar 07, 2011
This 190 male n female na woman rapper. We've all adviced them to shush. Free them and stop taking sides mehn!!!
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 07, 2011
pinkrex:

This 190 male n female na woman rapper. We've all adviced them to shush. Free them and stop taking sides mehn!!!

He might be a woman wrapper but he aint a 'man victim; female perp' violation victim tongue. . .with your sorry excuse for a man self  tongue
You weren't waiving the white flag when your dusty bush self was 'teeeeheeeeheee-ing' with my disobedient pet turtle Raggay, now were you?

@ Inked, um last time I checked, you are a grown a$s woman right? yeah that's what I thought. 'LYAO' all you like!

@190 wash panties eh? it's a good thing you won't have to wash Raghogg's, 'hot z0ne/ebola infested' drawz! You'd have to handle that crusty, $hit stained bio-hazard with caution!  undecided undecided JUST THE THOUGHT! makes me want to run to Walmart and the local science lab and get some bleach, mask and a scrub suit! Not even mumu Mr.Cork wanna hit dat! "meeehn"  tongue
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by 197(f): 5:26pm On Mar 07, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Mar 07, 2011
190::

shocked shocked shocked shocked

what? what did I do? cry
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by 197(f): 5:58pm On Mar 07, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

@190 wash panties eh? it's a good thing you won't have to wash Raghogg's, 'hot z0ne/ebola infested' drawz! You'd have to handle that crusty, $hit stained bio-hazard with caution! undecided undecided JUST THE THOUGHT! makes me want to run to Walmart and the local science lab and get some bleach, mask and a scrub suit! Not even mumu Mr.Cork wanna hit dat! "meeehn" tongue

angry angry angry angry
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by InkedNerd(f): 6:47pm On Mar 07, 2011
ragdollz:

On Nairaland, Inked Nerd, you should mind how u "laugh". An "lmao" at the wrong place or time can mean any of the following:

1. You're trying to ferment trouble

2. You're taking sides

3. The "joke" was really just too funny.

You seem to lay claim to no. 3, which is the worst bc it wasn't even that funny. And even if it was, it's total bad form and pure lack of foresight to be "lmao"ing. Wiser folks would just laugh without dropping a comment just to stay out of it. I guess u seem to want in on this. Be my guest. However being on NL longer than I u don't need me to break it down to u.

Sweetie, grow up. Who are you to tell me how I should or shouldn't laugh or what I should or shouldn't laugh at? If I want to laugh, I will laugh. If you don't like it, then you can go kick rocks. What I may find funny may not be what you may find funny. Because I laughed at a comment that was directed at you by MzD@rksin doesn't mean I'm taking sides. Go and reread this thread and get your head right and stop acting like I've got some sort of issue with you. Whatever personal issue or squabble you and MzD@rkSkin are having is between the two of you. This is a PUBLIC forum so if you honestly expected someone not to respond to something they considered funny, then you are sorely mistaken. I'm sure the three reasons you've presented are good and dandy in that mind of yours but none of those apply to me. If you wanna be a cyber bully be my guest, but don't do it with me. Me being on Nairlanad longer than you has nothing to do with anything you've said. Your empty threats are exactly what they are--EMPTY threats. So if you wanna "break it down to me", then go right ahead. I'm all ears [or in this case eyes].

MzD@rkSkin:

He might be a woman wrapper but he aint a 'man victim; female perp' violation victim tongue. . .with your sorry excuse for a man self  tongue
You weren't waiving the white flag when your dusty bush self was 'teeeeheeeeheee-ing' with my disobedient pet turtle Raggay, now were you?

@ Inked, um last time I checked, you are a grown s$s woman right? yeah that's what I thought. 'LYAO' all you like!

@190 wash panties eh? it's a good thing you won't have to wash Raghogg's, 'hot z0ne/ebola infested' drawz! You'd have to handle that crusty, $hit stained bio-hazard with caution!  undecided undecided JUST THE THOUGHT! makes me want to run to Walmart and the local science lab and get some bleach, mask and a scrub suit! Not even mumu Mr.Cork wanna hit dat! "meeehn"  tongue

Girl, I've been laughing my aṡṡ off since his/her last comment. He/she acts like I'm picking on him/her or something. Sheesh, some people need to just grow up. I guess in his/her mind laughing is a crime tongue
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by InkedNerd(f): 7:08am On Mar 08, 2011
ragdollz:

^^^^what-ever, inked nerd, save the drama 4 your bf's babymama, n stop trying so hard to sound smart/intellectual. I hear u were once  an NL wannabe-crusader/hell-raiser till u messed up and went ona self-imposed exile. Now u'v been skipping about trying to get noticed, well u finally have been tongue. However u now spend time LMAOing every dry joke u come across which I find sooo lame of u, and soo disappointing to your ex-fans grin. Anyway, with d Jamo d-sh-it as your mentor, I expect no better. Birds of a feather, as they say. Speaking of such, will that dirty pigeon salesgirl Jamo run to the shop and sweep up? The last customer has left and the dirty store aisles won't sweep themselves grin. There's a good girl grin. Heehee. Wretched Jamo, on my next expense-paid hols I'll look u up in d shop and MAKE u attend to my needs grin. Hey, u gat those red Loubotins in a size 6? No? Then freaking go find a pair in d stockroom u lazy ugly Jamo salesgirl grin!!
lol, I'm sure u hear dat all the time, heehee. Poor orphan salesgirl grin

Lmao, baby mama drama?!?! Seems like you've been watching too much BET. Like I said before and I'll say it again--If I want to laugh, I will laugh. If you don't like it, then you can go kick rocks. What I may find funny may not be what you  may find funny. Call it lame, dry, or use whatever noun you want to use to describe my perceived lack of humor. . . If that makes you happy then fine.

Awww, how cute. I see you like telling stories. Good for you kiss. Keep it up sweetie. I'm sure it'll all pay off in the long run. I have no idea what you're talking about in terms of me being a "NL wannabe-crusader/hell-raiser". Seems like you seem to spend quite a bit of time talking about me. I haven't gone on a "self-imposed exile". I work and I go to school, so when I have time I come back to Nairaland. Obviously you have way too much time on your hands for you to be going around looking for childish ways to "break it down to me" like you stated earlier. What a shame that all of this started  just because I laughed at you. I've seen kindergarten children that don't even act the way you've acted. My dear, do me a favor--go find a job, go to school, find a hobby, just as long as it will keep your childish behavior at bay. You know what. . . Fine, since you have nothing else to do, continue with your attempts to insult me. You obviously seem to be deriving some sort of sadistic pleasure from your incessant ranting. Keep 'em comin' sweetie. Feels good huh? Makes ya like a big boy/girl? Rant all you want. Insult me all you want. If that's how you get your kicks, then more power to ya wink.
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by pinkrex(m): 7:31am On Mar 08, 2011
@Inky. Always first n last on every thread, Lmaoinroflmao. You brewed for d fight whn you laughed without courtsy n caution.
Re: Internet Bragging, Does It Expose You Or Gain You Attention? by InkedNerd(f): 7:52am On Mar 08, 2011
pinkrex:

@Inky. Always first n last on every thread,  Lmaoinroflmao. You brewed for d fight whn you laughed without courtsy n caution.

I didn't brew anything. This is a PUBLIC forum for goodness sakes!! If he/she is upset then oh well for them. When did it become a crime to laugh? Should I censor myself because I don't wanna hurt his/her feelings or because he's having a personal issue with another member? Smmfh, if he/she wants to explode over this whole thing then he/she can be my guest. I can only imagine what ragdollz will do outside of Nairaland if someone so much as rolls their eyes because they didn't like something he/she said. I've volunteered at elementary schools and the children don't even act the way ragdollz is acting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Need / 10 Good Luck Charms Around The World. / Photos Of ADOLPH HITLER As A Child And His Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.