Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,865 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

Will Our Present Day Nigerian Girls Accept This Type Of Wedding? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will Our Present Day Nigerian Girls Accept This Type Of Wedding? (3841 Views)

Why Do Girls Accept Another Man While In A Relationship? / #nobra Day Nigerian Slay Queens With 'heavy Boobs' Trends On Twitter (photos) / My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Our Present Day Nigerian Girls Accept This Type Of Wedding? by TownJ: 8:50am On Oct 12, 2020
The picture is a dad who gave out his daughter to a man for marriage.

This is the most simple wedding I have seen.

Parents should make wedding simple for guys.

Making wedding simple doesn't mean your daughter won't be valued by her husband.

The most important thing is the parents blessing.

1 Share

Re: Will Our Present Day Nigerian Girls Accept This Type Of Wedding? by LordIsaac(m): 8:55am On Oct 12, 2020
Nigeria's marriage act does not provide for private wedding... Only at registry or a place of worship.

5 Likes

Re: Will Our Present Day Nigerian Girls Accept This Type Of Wedding? by JimmyDarmody: 9:09am On Oct 12, 2020
Wow lovely.
These are the same people we are copying.
Lord luggard and Co really did a good job destroying our cultural heritage.

1 Like

Re: Will Our Present Day Nigerian Girls Accept This Type Of Wedding? by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 12, 2020
Ashebis go ves, opportunity to show themselves out to guys.
Re: Will Our Present Day Nigerian Girls Accept This Type Of Wedding? by Biglittlelois(f): 9:20am On Oct 12, 2020
Other people's kind of wedding shouldn't be your problem, do yours that way, no one is stopping you.

3 Likes

Re: Will Our Present Day Nigerian Girls Accept This Type Of Wedding? by TownJ: 9:22am On Oct 12, 2020
Nigeria's marriage act does not provide for private wedding... Only at registry or a place of worship.

[color=#006600][/color

Baba the most important is the parents giving out their children for marriage in a simple and beautiful way.

How many of our parents do their wedding for registry?

And they still stay together for "better for worse"

1 Like

Re: Will Our Present Day Nigerian Girls Accept This Type Of Wedding? by TownJ: 9:23am On Oct 12, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
csn01:
Ashebis go ves, opportunity to show themselves out to guys.

I dey tell you
Re: Will Our Present Day Nigerian Girls Accept This Type Of Wedding? by Edyice: 9:30am On Oct 12, 2020
No Nigerian lady will allow this , the dude even wear three-quarter grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Will Our Present Day Nigerian Girls Accept This Type Of Wedding? by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:32am On Oct 12, 2020
Ah
Dey no get family ni

1 Like

Re: Will Our Present Day Nigerian Girls Accept This Type Of Wedding? by ePoster: 9:34am On Oct 12, 2020
TownJ:
The picture is a dad who gave out his daughter to a man for marriage.

This is the most simple wedding I have seen.

Parents should make wedding simple for guys.

Making wedding simple doesn't mean your daughter won't be valued by her husband.

The most important thing is the parents blessing.
The issue shouldn't be...
'Will present day Nigerian girls would accept this?'

But
'How many Nigerian fathers would give out their daughters to be married like this?'
Sadly, African culture encourages extravagance...for marriages, burials, naming ceremonies, etc.
Most men wouldn't even want this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Our Present Day Nigerian Girls Accept This Type Of Wedding? by TownJ: 10:02am On Oct 12, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
ePoster:
The issue shouldn't be...
'Will present day Nigerian girls would accept this?'

But
'How many Nigerian fathers would give out their daughters to be married like this?'
Sadly, African culture encourages extravagance...for marriages, burials, naming ceremonies, etc.
Most men wouldn't even want this.

It is still same Africa that a man will do traditional wedding, white wedding and court wedding on top one third hand lady that has given out her self for free to all the street boys.

And her family will want you to marry her as brand new!

Nonsense!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Our Present Day Nigerian Girls Accept This Type Of Wedding? by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 12, 2020
Biglittlelois:
Other people's kind of wedding shouldn't be your problem, do yours that way, no one is stopping you.
if you're spouse wants a wedding like this what would you say
Re: Will Our Present Day Nigerian Girls Accept This Type Of Wedding? by Dayoebe(m): 10:23am On Oct 12, 2020
I bet with my right balls the groom was coming from either bar or friend's place. He just branch to wed and continue with his life.

Such a simple life!
Re: Will Our Present Day Nigerian Girls Accept This Type Of Wedding? by ContractKiller: 11:15am On Oct 12, 2020
Actually the Nigerian marriage Act is silent on the venue of a wedding. All that the Act is concerned with is Certification of the ceremony in the presence of witnesses.

LordIsaac:
Re: Will Our Present Day Nigerian Girls Accept This Type Of Wedding? by ePoster: 11:25am On Oct 12, 2020
TownJ:
[color=#006600][/color]

It is still same Africa that a man will do traditional wedding, white wedding and court wedding on top one third hand lady that has given out her self for free to all the street boys.

And her family will want you to marry her as brand new!

Nonsense!
Get my point. It doesn't start and end with the lady's choice.
In the West, the father of the girl wouldn't mind. Over here, it's very different.
How many ladies, would marry a man without their father's blessing?
Whether as a virgin or not. That isn't the issue. Majority of parents in Africa wouldn't accept such a marriage.
We enjoy overdoing things. That's a culture, not the woman's fault.

1 Like

Re: Will Our Present Day Nigerian Girls Accept This Type Of Wedding? by austine4real(m): 11:43am On Oct 12, 2020
grin grin grin

The heavens and the earth must hear that they are getting married.

They must break a bank to show off

If the husband to be can meets up they sleep around or borrow

Finally after the wedding that's when they will know that moderation is keyyyyy

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Will Our Present Day Nigerian Girls Accept This Type Of Wedding? by Telegram234(m): 1:01pm On Oct 12, 2020
Anyother tribe fit gree oo. But amala people no everly gree for their life.....
Re: Will Our Present Day Nigerian Girls Accept This Type Of Wedding? by quietprince: 1:05pm On Oct 12, 2020
LordIsaac:

Objection M'Lord.

The statute permits the 3rd venue which is the WEDDING REGISTRAR'S OFFICE; and it allows for One Witness each for the couple.

Blessings.
Re: Will Our Present Day Nigerian Girls Accept This Type Of Wedding? by Mekenz(m): 3:29pm On Oct 12, 2020
no no me personally doesn't subscribe to this type of wedding, at least a gathering of 20 will do it for me, which comprises the both parents, officiating priest, my best man and my fiancee own, and some close family friends.
Re: Will Our Present Day Nigerian Girls Accept This Type Of Wedding? by Shortyy(f): 9:12pm On Oct 12, 2020
Funny enough this is type of wedding I plan to have. No crowd, just me and hubby with one or two witnesses.

(1) (Reply)

Sabinus Slams Tinubu For Raising Hands For National Anthem / 4 Things He Doesn't Want To Talk About - Ever / Why Do You Close Your Eyes While Kissing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.