Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,757 members, 7,955,880 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:40 PM

EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu (61436 Views)

Chioma's Soup Is Different & Sweet - Davido Tells People At His Wedding / IGP Adamu Reacts To Rahama Sadau Controversial Dress & Photos On Social Media / Chef Chi, You Are Lucky You Got Yourself A Fine Man - Davido Tells Chioma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:40pm On Oct 12, 2020
WUdec:

Hahahahahhaha. Mamiri na gu'm. Ujo a gbala da guy.

Lool
Am from the south south. I don't speak Igbo.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by NofiuFade(m): 8:47pm On Oct 12, 2020
All of you insulting @Davido are just a big fool, because I don't know how else you people want him to compose himself at that moment, foolish people 'He should have say something to implicate himself and end his Carrier and tarnished his image abi?
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Breadnote: 8:49pm On Oct 12, 2020
funy stuffs.
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Tumbulum: 8:49pm On Oct 12, 2020
harsysky:

There is absolutely nothing you would do with my answer, but wisdom is profitable to direct. I would have chosen to ignore you, and nothing would happen. I mentioned you so that you won't think you have made a valid point by asking me if I had protested before or not. I want the best for my country and it would be a total waste to have gotten a good ground to exhibit the masses power and we blew it. I don't know your wish for this country as I'm not on your mind. It should better be a good one otherwise you can end with the SARS, too.
see you writing plenty English. Why not start another protest and demand for good governance instead coming here to write plenty English. People are tired of police brutality, extortion and harassment and they went out to protest and then all you could do in the confines of your small house is to condemn their action.

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Fostercat(m): 8:55pm On Oct 12, 2020
Hardgun:
Foolish coward

Who know your papa?
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by seanwilliam(m): 8:58pm On Oct 12, 2020
ethicallyright:
We told you that everything the Celebrities did was clout chasing.
That is even Davido with a billionaire and influential father and relatives in politics.

Do you think Tasha , Mercy Eke , Toyin Abraham , Tiwa Savage , Don Jazzy etc would say a different thing ?

How do you explain that a certain musician that declined to join a protest against bad governance, hike in prices of goods , unemployment, closed tertiary institutions , rusty infrastructures, etc( which really matters)
on the first week of October suddenly pays for billboards for #endsars protest on the second week of October.

Would Zarah Buhari or Kiki Osibanjo ever join the protesters in the protest against bad governance, inflation or Herdsmen killings in Southern Nigeria? Well they joined this one because it beats their collective imagination that we unite to protest against a very micro unit of a bigger failed system which does not directly affect the excesses of their parents.

The unemployed youths will end the protest next week when the International break stops(they would be in their offices this morning if they had jobs). Many will return to betnaija and betking shops with the hope that they will win 40 million with 100 naira to marry and train their children. Others will return to their Yahoo which many of them don't really get paid because of lack of jobs, the girls who should be gainfully employed would continue to run a makeup business on WhatsApp (a front for her sexual trade) and that 24 year old final year student in UNILAG will resume school next year at the age of 25 while the senator's 22 year old son would return abroad to a job at NNPC or CBN.

The cycle continues because #endsars was our problem. I almost forgot that the underemployed SARS officials would be redeployed to other units where they will still earn their " big" salary of 41,000 naira a month while waiting for the next unlucky person that will pay 500,000 naira as bail for overtaking and denting a celebrity's Range Rover.

If you believe that protest culture in Nigeria has developed then you should rethink. This protest does not affect the ruling class directly. It will only turn wives of mobbed policemen to widows and parents of murdered protesters to mourners.While the elites remain untoched.

Magnoliaa , like I told you . This is Davido caught in a spy camera denying that he protested against SARS at the IG's office .
hmmmmm you're right ..but wizkid can't deny protesting .. wizzy na odogwu
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by seanwilliam(m): 9:01pm On Oct 12, 2020
Davido fhuck up
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by stieyven(m): 9:08pm On Oct 12, 2020
Hardgun:
Foolish coward
He who calls another a fool shall be in danger of hell. Matthew 5 :22
Remember that you shall be judged by every idle word you speak. Matthew 12 :36
You'll do well to receive Jesus into your life, tomorrow may be too late. John 3 :16
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Kemimarch16(f): 9:12pm On Oct 12, 2020
Real Coward
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by harsysky(m): 9:18pm On Oct 12, 2020
Tumbulum:
see you writing plenty English. Why not start another protest and demand for good governance instead coming here to write plenty English. People are tired of police brutality, extortion and harassment and they went out to protest and then all you could do in the confines of your small house is to condemn their action.

Engaging you is a total waste of time!
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:27pm On Oct 12, 2020
Yoruba man doing what they know best

I'm not surprised.
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by saudatu(m): 9:43pm On Oct 12, 2020
ethicallyright:
That is even Davido with a billionaire and influential father and relatives in politics.

Do you think Tasha , Mercy Eke , Toyin Abraham , Tiwa Savage , Don Jazzy etc would say a different thing ?

How do you explain that a certain musician that declined to join a protest against bad governance, hike in prices of goods , unemployment, closed tertiary institutions , rusty infrastructures, etc( which really matters)
on the first week of October suddenly pays for billboards for #endsars protest on the second week of October.

Would Zarah Buhari or Kiki Osibanjo ever join the protesters in the protest against bad governance, inflation or Herdsmen killings in Southern Nigeria? Well they joined this one because it beats their collective imagination that we unite to protest against a very micro unit of a bigger failed system which does not directly affect the excesses of their parents.

You have said it all

The unemployed youths will end the protest next week when the International break stops(they would be in their offices this morning if they had jobs). Many will return to betnaija and betking shops with the hope that they will win 40 million with 100 naira to marry and train their children. Others will return to their Yahoo which many of them don't really get paid because of lack of jobs, the girls who should be gainfully employed would continue to run a makeup business on WhatsApp (a front for her sexual trade) and that 24 year old final year student in UNILAG will resume school next year at the age of 25 while the senator's 22 year old son would return abroad to a job at NNPC or CBN.

The cycle continues because #endsars was our problem. I almost forgot that the underemployed SARS officials would be redeployed to other units where they will still earn their " big" salary of 41,000 naira a month while waiting for the next unlucky person that will pay 500,000 naira as bail for overtaking and denting a celebrity's Range Rover.

If you believe that protest culture in Nigeria has developed then you should rethink. This protest does not affect the ruling class directly. It will only turn wives of mobbed policemen to widows and parents of murdered protesters to mourners.While the elites remain untoched.

Magnoliaa , like I told you . This is Davido caught in a spy camera denying that he protested against SARS at the IG's office .
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Slimdaddy2: 9:56pm On Oct 12, 2020
Princerichi0:
I just watched the video of @Davido. What I read in the media was hyperbole. He was not jittery. Yes, he was diplomatic. There’s nothing wrong with that. It is not cowardice. It‘s wisdom. Scripture teaches that. Those accusing him of betraying #SARSMUSTEND are being unkind to him
oga you copied this text from tweeter and peasted it here....I hail thee

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Starz825(m): 9:58pm On Oct 12, 2020
i feel davido acted that way as if the police have his secrets with them.....make he no go mess up.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Prophet777: 9:59pm On Oct 12, 2020
Is there anything wrong in joining the prostesters? Why is the IGP painting him and the entire scenerio, as if it is a crime to identify with the #endsars protesters?

Is this not a clear indication that the IGP himself is a confused man and do not know it is his constitutional right to protest against any injustice in the country.
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by HIPROFILE(m): 10:01pm On Oct 12, 2020
So typical of a yoruba man

Am not shocked! at all
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by cmikel: 10:02pm On Oct 12, 2020
ALL OF YOU ARE,SAYING RUBBISH

DAVIDO GAVE A GOOD POLITICAL RESPONSE.

THEY ARE MY FANS AND I WAS,THERE TO IDENTIFY WITH THEM AND CALM THEM DOWN

THAT IS THE BEST RESPONSE.

HE TRIED THERE
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by LOVELYSKINZNEW(f): 10:06pm On Oct 12, 2020
He do fem for ig office
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Bimpe29: 10:11pm On Oct 12, 2020
Nigerians are to be feared

Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by JIMMY1393: 10:15pm On Oct 12, 2020
ethicallyright:

I wish I can kiss you #NoHomo
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Ojukwubucket(m): 10:17pm On Oct 12, 2020
agbarisocket:
FLAT head developer umuchinakea pastor....... continue.... your will soon Bleep inside church......
4000 million FLAT head are roaming around Lagos State.. without tangible work...pls go back to ur red potor land
( Modify) ( Quote ) ( Report flat head
U never start to dey hate...
U will hate till u die and Igbos will still be on this earth till the end of the world... Onye aburu onu nwuru anwu!
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Ojukwubucket(m): 10:22pm On Oct 12, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
Davido y na sad angry

Anyways that is the character of an Average Yereba man grin
Call am the correct thing YORUBA..
U dey fear?
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by WhizdomXX(m): 10:37pm On Oct 12, 2020
ethicallyright:

God bless you! We need more of your type asap.
NIGERIA WILL BE GREAT AGAIN! GOD BLESS US.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by WhizdomXX(m): 10:38pm On Oct 12, 2020
harsysky:

People who have your kind of reasoning are really out of this world. Imagine protesting for something that is even the least in the hierarchy of all our various problems in this God forsaken country. If it were to even be the general wellbeing of a typical Nigerian, it would be a very good one. SARS has a leader, who will be given a go-ahead to head another reformed SARS, then the killing will maybe resume after one year.

As far as I'm concerned, we waste our time on irrelevancies. We have huge and better things to protest for, and when we do so, even SARS will indirectly be affected positively.

A bunch of thieves stay in an AC fitted room, reciting "NAY and YEA", and at the end receives 10 million while a policeman with family earns peanut. We should end corrupt politicians by any means necessary. That's when we get it right. we have been pushed to the wall where we have no other option but to defend ourselves.

#LetsLearnToDoTheRightThingAtTheRightTime.

Note-- I can never say we didn't try our best on this one, but we have gained grounds to demand for better Nigeria.

Just like Aisha Yesufu said, " die na die whether na through protest or normal die, we go die las las. "
Bless you bruv. NIGERIA WILL BE GREAT AGAIN!!
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by oneunited(m): 10:43pm On Oct 12, 2020
wale377:
Davido tells the IGP that he didn’t join the protest that he was just there to calm his fans

Watch below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMOwhsulHSU

Multiple Award-winning artist and songwriter David Adeleke popularly known as Davido has said that he did not join the protest against SARS.

During the meeting with the IGP of Nigeria, Davido was asked why he joined the protestors but he told the IGP that he only went there to calm the people down because they are his fans.
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by abbiboy: 11:16pm On Oct 12, 2020
One word for frog voice "you're an ediot"!
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by cardoctor(m): 11:53pm On Oct 12, 2020
That Policeman's voice sounds like that of DCP Frank MBA. FCT Police spokesperson and not the IGP.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Domif: 5:00am On Oct 13, 2020
We will get there some day. From simple to complex

harsysky:

People who have your kind of reasoning are really out of this world. Imagine protesting for something that is even the least in the hierarchy of all our various problems in this God forsaken country. If it were to even be the general wellbeing of a typical Nigerian, it would be a very good one. SARS has a leader, who will be given a go-ahead to head another reformed SARS, then the killing will maybe resume after one year.

As far as I'm concerned, we waste our time on irrelevancies. We have huge and better things to protest for, and when we do so, even SARS will indirectly be affected positively.

A bunch of thieves stay in an AC fitted room, reciting "NAY and YEA", and at the end receives 10 million while a policeman with family earns peanut. We should end corrupt politicians by any means necessary. That's when we get it right. we have been pushed to the wall where we have no other option but to defend ourselves.

#LetsLearnToDoTheRightThingAtTheRightTime.

Note-- I can never say we didn't try our best on this one, but we have gained grounds to demand for better Nigeria.

Just like Aisha Yesufu said, " die na die whether na through protest or normal die, we go die las las. "
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Tumbulum: 5:44am On Oct 13, 2020
harsysky:

Engaging you is a total waste of time!
oga you are not wiser than wiskid,Peter okoye,run town,Aisha yesufu and the thousands of Nigerians who came out to protest against police brutality and extortion. Probably you are one of the arrewa youths who are carrying placards and saying sarz must stay. Who do you even know?

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Testate(m): 7:36am On Oct 13, 2020
I don't think Davido is a coward as most people made it out to be. The police told him that why would he come for a close door meeting when he had already joined the protesters, then he (davido) replied intelligently that he did not protest, he was there because of his fans who are victims....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Igbinedion University Releases Bambam's Result, She Was Asked To Withdraw / Charly Boy's Reaction To Cancelled 2face Protest / Anna Banner's Pictures Before MBGN 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.