Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,643 members, 7,823,830 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu (61170 Views)

IGP Adamu Reacts To Rahama Sadau Controversial Dress & Photos On Social Media / Chef Chi, You Are Lucky You Got Yourself A Fine Man - Davido Tells Chioma / "Just Shut Up Please!" - Davido Tells Fan. Burna Boy Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by harsysky(m): 7:47am On Oct 13, 2020
Tumbulum:
oga you are not wiser than wiskid,Peter okoye,run town,Aisha yesufu and the thousands of Nigerians who came out to protest against police brutality and extortion. Probably you are one of the arrewa youths who are carrying placards and saying sarz must stay. Who do you even know?

There are no parameters to measure wisdom, here, Oga. Even fools protested for SARS to be ended. As for whom I know, I know you, and I strongly believe you are one of those who think every average Nigerian should make do with the little good that comes their way even when his/her so right is the very best. Like I said, engaging you is a waste of my valuable time .
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Tumbulum: 7:51am On Oct 13, 2020
harsysky:

There are no parameters to measure wisdom, here, Oga. Even fools protested for SARS to be ended. As for whom I know, I know you, and I strongly believe you are one of those who think every average Nigerian should make do with the little good that comes their way even when his/her so right is the very best. Like I said, engaging you is a waste of my valuable time .
do something and stop typing online. You need to read Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell and see how little positive actions by individuals and groups accumulate to the general wellbeing of the society. There is always a starting point in bringing about the desirable change.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by harsysky(m): 8:59am On Oct 13, 2020
Tumbulum:
do something and stop typing online. You need to read Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell and see how little positive actions by individuals and groups accumulate to the general wellbeing of the society. There is always a starting point in bringing about the desirable change.

This was the comment I highly expected of you with your vast wealth of knowledge. People mentioned me and said this is the starting point to good happenings but you chose to show me how wise, though unwise to me, you can be. I don't think lowly of you, far from that. I want the best for this country. I joined in the protest if you must know. nice day, ahead
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Officiallyme: 9:15am On Oct 13, 2020
ethicallyright:
We told you that everything the Celebrities did was clout chasing.
That is even Davido with a billionaire and influential father and relatives in politics.

Do you think Tasha , Mercy Eke , Toyin Abraham , Tiwa Savage , Don Jazzy etc would say a different thing ?

How do you explain that a certain musician that declined to join a protest against bad governance, hike in prices of goods , unemployment, closed tertiary institutions , rusty infrastructures, etc( which really matters)
on the first week of October suddenly pays for billboards for #endsars protest on the second week of October.

Would Zarah Buhari or Kiki Osibanjo ever join the protesters in the protest against bad governance, inflation or Herdsmen killings in Southern Nigeria? Well they joined this one because it beats their collective imagination that we unite to protest against a very micro unit of a bigger failed system which does not directly affect the excesses of their parents.

The unemployed youths will end the protest next week when the International break stops(they would be in their offices this morning if they had jobs). Many will return to betnaija and betking shops with the hope that they will win 40 million with 100 naira to marry and train their children. Others will return to their Yahoo which many of them don't really get paid because of lack of jobs, the girls who should be gainfully employed would continue to run a makeup business on WhatsApp (a front for her sexual trade) and that 24 year old final year student in UNILAG will resume school next year at the age of 25 while the senator's 22 year old son would return abroad to a job at NNPC or CBN.

The cycle continues because #endsars was our problem. I almost forgot that the underemployed SARS officials would be redeployed to other units where they will still earn their " big" salary of 41,000 naira a month while waiting for the next unlucky person that will pay 500,000 naira as bail for overtaking and denting a celebrity's Range Rover.

If you believe that protest culture in Nigeria has developed then you should rethink. This protest does not affect the ruling class directly. It will only turn wives of mobbed policemen to widows and parents of murdered protesters to mourners.While the elites remain untoched.

Magnoliaa , like I told you . This is Davido caught in a spy camera denying that he protested against SARS at the IG's office .
Hmmmm, deep
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by joe4christ(m): 10:43am On Oct 13, 2020
ethicallyright:
That is even Davido with a billionaire and influential father and relatives in politics.

Do you think Tasha , Mercy Eke , Toyin Abraham , Tiwa Savage , Don Jazzy etc would say a different thing ?

How do you explain that a certain musician that declined to join a protest against bad governance, hike in prices of goods , unemployment, closed tertiary institutions , rusty infrastructures, etc( which really matters)
on the first week of October suddenly pays for billboards for #endsars protest on the second week of October.

Would Zarah Buhari or Kiki Osibanjo ever join the protesters in the protest against bad governance, inflation or Herdsmen killings in Southern Nigeria? Well they joined this one because it beats their collective imagination that we unite to protest against a very micro unit of a bigger failed system which does not directly affect the excesses of their parents.

The unemployed youths will end the protest next week when the International break stops(they would be in their offices this morning if they had jobs). Many will return to betnaija and betking shops with the hope that they will win 40 million with 100 naira to marry and train their children. Others will return to their Yahoo which many of them don't really get paid because of lack of jobs, the girls who should be gainfully employed would continue to run a makeup business on WhatsApp (a front for her sexual trade) and that 24 year old final year student in UNILAG will resume school next year at the age of 25 while the senator's 22 year old son would return abroad to a job at NNPC or CBN.

The cycle continues because #endsars was our problem. I almost forgot that the underemployed SARS officials would be redeployed to other units where they will still earn their " big" salary of 41,000 naira a month while waiting for the next unlucky person that will pay 500,000 naira as bail for overtaking and denting a celebrity's Range Rover.

If you believe that protest culture in Nigeria has developed then you should rethink. This protest does not affect the ruling class directly. It will only turn wives of mobbed policemen to widows and parents of murdered protesters to mourners.While the elites remain untoched.

Magnoliaa , like I told you . This is Davido caught in a spy camera denying that he protested against SARS at the IG's office .

This is brilliant. You've said it all!

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Texie07: 10:43am On Oct 13, 2020
ethicallyright:

Oil too dey your head the thing is most Nigerians are blinded by their love of this so called celebrities they are the biggest clout chasers where was anyone of them when the protest was about to be kick started one was on ig live busy in romance with the igp the other was called out he called himself African giant which in reality he's African chicken in as much as I listen to their music I take their words at the surface level because deep down they are in the showbiz business it's all about the dough at the end of the day, like Nas said you shooting people in your music but never shot in real life, but my people swallow any thing they say hook line and sinker

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Magnoliaa(f): 12:20pm On Oct 13, 2020
ethicallyright:

Sighs.

Just believe what you will, ehn?

We'll see the end of this and how it plays out... SarsMustShaEnd. We'll tackle the rots one at a time.

You're active on Twitter, yeah?
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 13, 2020
Magnoliaa:

Sighs.

Just believe what you will, ehn?

We'll see the end of this and how it plays out... SarsMustShaEnd. We'll tackle the rots one at a time.

You're active on Twitter, yeah?

Lol, I dey Twitter dey observe.
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Magnoliaa(f): 2:40pm On Oct 13, 2020
ethicallyright:

Lol, I dey Twitter dey observe.

And you are still skeptical about this, inspite?
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 13, 2020
Magnoliaa:

And you are still skeptical about this, inspite?
Yes. I have sponsored a research on the psychology of Nigerians so I knew this was going to be the exact thing everyone would do. I'll mention you at a post on one of the outcomes of my casual research as I cannot reveal professional ones to shield my identity.
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Magnoliaa(f): 3:07pm On Oct 13, 2020
ethicallyright:

Yes. I have sponsored a research on the psychology of Nigerians so I knew this was going to be the exact thing everyone would do. I'll mention you at a post on one of the outcomes of my casual research as I cannot reveal professional ones to shield my identity.

Exact thing everyone would do, you mean, bandwagoning?

Okay...(but I look forward to contending it).
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Emanodimo(m): 3:15pm On Oct 13, 2020
People should stop quoting him wrongly... He was not just being diplomatic, he is true to his word as the fact of what happens when the IGP wants to nail him by asking him the question...
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by hamingra: 7:11pm On Oct 17, 2020
Magnoliaa:

Bleh.

**yinmu**.

Please, you pipu should get your facts right before condemning the movement, at least.

First bolded: we're very much aware of that, and why do you think this protest is still continuing?? (Lmao.)...

Woh. I can't even type, right now...

I added a pic of the #5for5 demands to this comment, in answer to all of your arguments and holes you're trying to pick in the Nigerian youth protests.

If you have a reservation about or criticism of any: mention me.

PS: We are calling for reforms as well. It is very much logical as this movement has no leader... Others go to rest, other move UNTIL our demands are met.

Until SARS are actually out of our streets. Because they still killed someone this afternoon. Peaceful, unarmed citizens. What's the rationale behind that?

Well Mr protester hope you are still on the road. When Una mumu do finish Una go come get sense and begin to plan for 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ini Edo Strikes A Pose In Sexy Dress Inside Her Multimillion Naira Night Club / Moyo Lawal: “Nobody Should Abuse Me Over My Backside Again, This One Is Bigger” / Imam Abdulrahman Ahmad Reacts As Etinosa Threatens To Mess The Quran Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.