Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,761 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu (61108 Views)

IGP Adamu Reacts To Rahama Sadau Controversial Dress & Photos On Social Media / Chef Chi, You Are Lucky You Got Yourself A Fine Man - Davido Tells Chioma / "Just Shut Up Please!" - Davido Tells Fan. Burna Boy Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Unik3030: 5:59pm On Oct 12, 2020
harsysky:

People who have your kind of reasoning are really out of this world. Imagine protesting for something that is even the least in the hierarchy of all our various problems in this God forsaken country. If it were to even be the general wellbeing of a typical Nigerian, it would be a very good one. SARS has a leader, who will be given a go-ahead to head another reformed SARS, then the killing will maybe resume after one year.

As far as I'm concerned, we wasted our time on irrelevancies. We have huge and better things to protest for, and when we do so, even SARS will indirectly be affected positively.

#LetsLearnToDoTheRightThingAtTheRightTime.
just imagine my brother,we have many pressing issues but all they care about is endsars

what about

unemployment
corruption
nepotism
injustice
hunger
ASUU strike
non payment of salary
Anti people government policies n so on,but they chose endsars,that should tell u what majority of Nigerians are into

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by enemyofprogress: 6:00pm On Oct 12, 2020
2 face Davido
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:02pm On Oct 12, 2020
Afonja and cowardice. 5 & 6.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 12, 2020
Princerichi0:
I just watched the video of @Davido. What I read in the media was hyperbole. He was not jittery. Yes, he was diplomatic. There’s nothing wrong with that. It is not cowardice. It‘s wisdom. Scripture teaches that. Those accusing him of betraying #SARSMUSTEND are being unkind to him
oga na cowardice o, yes I protested it is my right to do so, i called for peaceful protest it on record simple

He just started on defensive note, na I. G go con dey give am caution condition from place of strength instead of the demands he carry go there.

We should have stayed out sef cos they would be negotiating with him like he owns the protest
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 12, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
[s]Davido y na sad angry

Anyways that is the character of an Average Yereba man grin[/s]
Thrash
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 12, 2020
wale377:
Davido tells the IGP that he didn’t join the protest that he was just there to calm his fans

Watch below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMOwhsulHSU

Multiple Award-winning artist and songwriter David Adeleke popularly known as Davido has said that he did not join the protest against SARS.

During the meeting with the IGP of Nigeria, Davido was asked why he joined the protestors but he told the IGP that he only went there to calm the people down because they are his fans.
That was not the IG he spoke with.
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Unik3030: 6:06pm On Oct 12, 2020
johnchins:

Stop yarning dust, nothing big pass human life. The killing and harrasment from SARS done too much
u are d one talking rubbish
do u want to compare d number of people poverty has killed in one way or the other to SARS,I am not saying d protest is not good but endsars shouldn't b d key line of d protest

we have
unemployment
nepotism
herdsmen killing
corruption
injustice
hunger
Anti people policies
ASUU strike
non payment of salary
e.t.c

All these things kill people more than d endsars we carry for head,but it just shows d criminal ways of d youths

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Temptee101(m): 6:06pm On Oct 12, 2020
Not surprised.

It's in them like peak.

Cowardice, betrayal and ofemmanuness is their trademark.
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Freebills12: 6:08pm On Oct 12, 2020
[color=#000099][/color]
Princerichi0:
I just watched the video of @Davido. What I read in the media was hyperbole. He was not jittery. Yes, he was diplomatic. There’s nothing wrong with that. It is not cowardice. It‘s wisdom. Scripture teaches that. Those accusing him of betraying #SARSMUSTEND are being unkind to him

PEOPLE SHOULD CALL A SPADE A SPADE, HE DENIED PARTAKING IN PROTEST WHICH IS A FAT LIE, THAT ACT IS COWARDICE BECAUSE HE WILL NOT BE PUNISH, RIGHT TO PROTEST IS OUR FUNDAMENTAL HUMAN RIGHTS
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by nedekid: 6:09pm On Oct 12, 2020
Na wah oh, Nigerians and comprehension.

David said he did not want a closed door meeting, because people out their will say he had a closed door meeting with IGs team.
(MEANING ie he could be compromised in such meeting unlike when it is done publicly.
In short he wanted something transparent with the press etc there.)

Frank MBA then says how can it be (said) you came here for closed door meeting when you identified with the protesters yesterday? Davido wisely said he did not protest, but rightfully associated with protesters because they are his fans and they were victims!

Mbas response was;
You have already taken actions that has portrayed you as the true voice of young people on the street so it will be deficult for any one to want to........ End.
(meaning, with your identification with the protesters yesterday, no one will say your private meeting meant anything other than that).

In surmary, David handled the meeting from what is seen in the short video as a very intelligent, uncompromising young man.
Anyone spinning false news shows absolute lack of reasoning, understanding of conversation in English language.

5 Likes

Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by nedekid: 6:10pm On Oct 12, 2020
OscarJaden:
small protest you done dey talk to much.....

Fem
Lol
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Onepeople: 6:11pm On Oct 12, 2020
This video should not deceive anybody,the police are trying hard to divert attention from reality,Davido wanted to convey a direct message to the ig of police, but he is trying to deceive Davido by telling him the only way they can have one on one discussion is only if he did not join the protest. His actions is inimical to the government. Can imagine that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by hamingra: 6:11pm On Oct 12, 2020
ethicallyright:
We told you that everything the Celebrities did was clout chasing.
That is even Davido with a billionaire and influential father and relatives in politics.

Do you think Tasha , Mercy Eke , Toyin Abraham , Tiwa Savage , Don Jazzy etc would say a different thing ?

How do you explain that a certain musician that declined to join a protest against bad governance, hike in prices of goods , unemployment, closed tertiary institutions , rusty infrastructures, etc( which really matters)
on the first week of October suddenly pays for billboards for #endsars protest on the second week of October.

Would Zarah Buhari or Kiki Osibanjo ever join the protesters in the protest against bad governance, inflation or Herdsmen killings in Southern Nigeria? Well they joined this one because it beats their collective imagination that we unite to protest against a very micro unit of a bigger failed system which does not directly affect the excesses of their parents.

The unemployed youths will end the protest next week when the International break stops(they would be in their offices this morning if they had jobs). Many will return to betnaija and betking shops with the hope that they will win 40 million with 100 naira to marry and train their children. Others will return to their Yahoo which many of them don't really get paid because of lack of jobs, the girls who should be gainfully employed would continue to run a makeup business on WhatsApp (a front for her sexual trade) and that 24 year old final year student in UNILAG will resume school next year at the age of 25 while the senator's 22 year old son would return abroad to a job at NNPC or CBN.

The cycle continues because #endsars was our problem. I almost forgot that the underemployed SARS officials would be redeployed to other units where they will still earn their " big" salary of 41,000 naira a month while waiting for the next unlucky person that will pay 500,000 naira as bail for overtaking and denting a celebrity's Range Rover.

If you believe that protest culture in Nigeria has developed then you should rethink. This protest does not affect the ruling class directly. It will only turn wives of mobbed policemen to widows and parents of murdered protesters to mourners.While the elites remain untoched.

Magnoliaa , like I told you . This is Davido caught in a spy camera denying that he protested against SARS at the IG's office .

This was my position and I was bad mouthed. Stop young people!

The IGP quickly gave them their foolish request without demissing the entire SARS unit. And he boldly stated that they would form another body (most likely with the same people). So what has changed if not the name.

We could have used this energy to call for reform of the Police or even State Police.

Well no that the Yahoo-Yahoo boys have motivated this protest and pushed everyone to ask for the end of SARS let's see how it plays out!

To make matters worse, when there was call for the leadership of the protesters to come for discussion, where concrete issues for dialogue would have been tabled, there was this cry of "this protest does not have any leadership"! Like, who does that! Well the Buhari administration has quickly given us what we want. Any other issue now is secondary.

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by ceeceeuwa: 6:15pm On Oct 12, 2020
icuminpiss:
The picture wey I see na edit them edit davido join?
Abi na my eye?
Didn't you hear his croaky voice? May his voice was edited too �
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Scarrr: 6:16pm On Oct 12, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
Davido y na sad angry

Anyways that is the character of an Average Yereba man grin
e no go better for u..may the blood of those Yoruba ppl that died for the course hunt u forever. Amen

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by jesmond3945: 6:16pm On Oct 12, 2020
Davido please be humble. Are you a better musician than others who marched on the streets? You want to show you are more connected than other artistes. Who are you without your father?
You are creating enemies for yourself in the industry and your only backbone is your father.
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by nadiq1: 6:17pm On Oct 12, 2020
Your view on this matter is the very reason we as citizens of Nigeria will continue to suffer and smile. The action that was taken by the youths and others to end sars is a GREAT AWAKENING to the power we possess as a people. Think about it, if this "irrelevant wasting of time" action can move the ones in power to disband SARS, and other arms of the government are showing their support to the protesters, it shows that there are still humane sensible leaders in our midst. Revolution, change, and the orientation of our minds starts from somewhere, no matter how minut or little. The First world countries such as the USA, EUROPE, SOVIET UNION etc., did not gain the freedom they are enjoying now by going after BIGGER feats only, they started from small actions such as this. So, please RETHINK!

harsysky:

People who have your kind of reasoning are really out of this world. Imagine protesting for something that is even the least in the hierarchy of all our various problems in this God forsaken country. If it were to even be the general wellbeing of a typical Nigerian, it would be a very good one. SARS has a leader, who will be given a go-ahead to head another reformed SARS, then the killing will maybe resume after one year.

As far as I'm concerned, we wasted our time on irrelevancies. We have huge and better things to protest for, and when we do so, even SARS will indirectly be affected positively.

#LetsLearnToDoTheRightThingAtTheRightTime.

5 Likes

Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by MajohBankz: 6:18pm On Oct 12, 2020
I think #Davidoiscariot
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Olatlaccon(m): 6:19pm On Oct 12, 2020
ethicallyright:
That is even Davido with a billionaire and influential father and relatives in politics.

Do you think Tasha , Mercy Eke , Toyin Abraham , Tiwa Savage , Don Jazzy etc would say a different thing ?

How do you explain that a certain musician that declined to join a protest against bad governance, hike in prices of goods , unemployment, closed tertiary institutions , rusty infrastructures, etc( which really matters)
on the first week of October suddenly pays for billboards for #endsars protest on the second week of October.

Would Zarah Buhari or Kiki Osibanjo ever join the protesters in the protest against bad governance, inflation or Herdsmen killings in Southern Nigeria? Well they joined this one because it beats their collective imagination that we unite to protest against a very micro unit of a bigger failed system which does not directly affect the excesses of their parents.

The unemployed youths will end the protest next week when the International break stops(they would be in their offices this morning if they had jobs). Many will return to betnaija and betking shops with the hope that they will win 40 million with 100 naira to marry and train their children. Others will return to their Yahoo which many of them don't really get paid because of lack of jobs, the girls who should be gainfully employed would continue to run a makeup business on WhatsApp (a front for her sexual trade) and that 24 year old final year student in UNILAG will resume school next year at the age of 25 while the senator's 22 year old son would return abroad to a job at NNPC or CBN.

The cycle continues because #endsars was our problem. I almost forgot that the underemployed SARS officials would be redeployed to other units where they will still earn their " big" salary of 41,000 naira a month while waiting for the next unlucky person that will pay 500,000 naira as bail for overtaking and denting a celebrity's Range Rover.

If you believe that protest culture in Nigeria has developed then you should rethink. This protest does not affect the ruling class directly. It will only turn wives of mobbed policemen to widows and parents of murdered protesters to mourners.While the elites remain untoched.

Magnoliaa , like I told you . This is Davido caught in a spy camera denying that he protested against SARS at the IG's office .
God will not kill for me
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by ILoveDemMANNA: 6:22pm On Oct 12, 2020
ethicallyright:

Deep and true words
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by jesmond3945: 6:22pm On Oct 12, 2020
foreshore:

If na for America, Una go dey condemn racism plus carry am for Una head, but Una racism pass America own. Wetin concern Yoruba in #Endsars now!
yea Nigerians are the worst racist. Other african nationalities are far better

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Omoslim26: 6:24pm On Oct 12, 2020
jericco1:
He could have said “yeah I did protest with them, however it was peaceful” undecided
Abi oo

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by ashawopikin(m): 6:27pm On Oct 12, 2020
Where is snomir when u need him

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by ILoveDemMANNA: 6:28pm On Oct 12, 2020
nedekid:
Na wah oh, Nigerians and comprehension.

David said he did not want a closed door meeting, because people out their will say he had a closed door meeting with IGs team.
(MEANING ie he could be compromised in such meeting unlike when it is done publicly.
In short he wanted something transparent with the press etc there.)

Frank MBA then says how can it be (said) you came here for closed door meeting when you identified with the protesters yesterday? Davido wisely said he did not protest, but rightfully associated with protesters because they are his fans and they were victims!

Mbas response was;
You have already taken actions that has portrayed you as the true voice of young people on the street so it will be deficult for any one to want to........ End.
(meaning, with your identification with the protesters yesterday, no one will say your private meeting meant anything other than that).

In surmary, David handled the meeting from what is seen in the short video as a very intelligent, uncompromising young man.
Anyone spinning false news shows absolute lack of reasoning, understanding of conversation in English language.
so you get sense like this ned kid? That's so commendable of you.
You described it the same way I saw the video,
but many of your wailing and tribalistic friends here only read topic on Nairaland and start wailing and wanking on it. Keep it up ned kid.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Omoslim26: 6:30pm On Oct 12, 2020
AlfaSeltzer:
Afonja and cowardice. 5 & 6.
Stop dat nonsense
stereotyping is a very unintelligent thing
someone lost his life in surulere today
is dat wat you call cowardice
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by newguy1(m): 6:30pm On Oct 12, 2020
brian91:

you ethically right on this....

well detailed...

MODIFIED: To be candid, I hail your reasoning.. Typical naija scenario you narrated. Question is, can there be a redemption!!!
yes take the togetherness of youth in these to vote in 2023 n let see if they born them well to denial our voices then
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Ogidigan1: 6:30pm On Oct 12, 2020
OBO denied his fans and entire Nigerians in the presence of mere police spokesperson... I wonder if he won't poo on his boxers when he eventually enters IGP's office!

"OBO Baddest" my foot!

He's always been a coward from day one...No wonder...he cried like a baby when a pet python was placed on his neck!

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by mustafaa: 6:32pm On Oct 12, 2020
Hardgun:
Foolish coward

If you were in position would you have agreed? Lol... David did the right thing.

This protest has no leaders and the police are looking for who to hold accountable.

His lawyer must be good.
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by oluwazoba25: 6:44pm On Oct 12, 2020
agbarisocket:
FLAT head developer umuchinakea pastor....... continue.... your will soon Bleep inside church......
4000 million FLAT head are roaming around Lagos State.. without tangible work...pls go back to ur red potor land
( Modify) ( Quote ) ( Report
eleribu eda nie

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Mozegee: 6:44pm On Oct 12, 2020
A Yoruba man must sure showcase why he is called a Yoruba man
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Blakpot: 6:46pm On Oct 12, 2020
Too many hard men, real niggas n alpha male on the internet. If we were in his shoes, some of us won't even go near d station.

So what if he denied out of fear or not to displease d IGP. Or maybe he doesn't have strong convictions.

If anything it shows he has flaws like everyone.
Re: EndSARS: “I Didn’t Protest With Them” - Davido Tells IGP Adamu by Mayng01(m): 6:47pm On Oct 12, 2020
That boy is a monkey and a coward

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Honor Blackman Dies At 94 / Sikiratu Sindodo's 17yr Old Pretty Daughter(pics) / Winniefred Nwoko: My Eyes, Boobs Get Me The Most Attention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.