Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,384 members, 7,958,077 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:23 AM

Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform (34089 Views)

Army Day: Nollywood Stars Storm Ikeja Cantonment For Buratai / The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers / Ikorodu Residents Storm Ikeja Electric Office; Disrupt Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by EbukaHades10(m): 11:04am On Oct 13, 2020
orgylover:
R
U
B
B
I
S
H
UNA WANT STEADY LIGHT BUT CANT PAY BILL
Shebi if the light dey steady, we go happy to pay bcus we know say we dey enjoy am. Nobody go even get mouth to complain cus we dey see am

Be like say NEPA dey give u light for free na y u dey yarn okoto

Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by maasoap(m): 11:07am On Oct 13, 2020
alfajohn:
Ikeja disco is a joke got 136k last month now this month it is 168k for a three bedroom flat. And honestly 80 percent of the time no one is home. I work in Abuja and my wife out of boredom goes to her parents place when am not around. Honestly I don’t know what to do to this thieving idiots.

May be you should apply with MAP.
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by EbukaHades10(m): 11:08am On Oct 13, 2020
Litmus:
The following is going to enrage some of you but here goes: you Nigerians have been living too free in Nigeria and have grown spoiled and entitled. Majority of you are ignorant of true state of the world. Government has been thin on the ground. In spite of SARS, Nigerians live lawlessly and have done for too long. You people barley pay taxes. You drive cars without going to driving schools, meaning majority of your driving license are forgery. You guys with vehicles don’t pay insurance. You people don’t pay for road maintenance. You people build homes illegally. Erect buildings and structure where you want. You piss and shit where you like, without police harassment, when even if facilities are absent you could still ease yourselves with a little consideration for others and your environment. When you own business you often sell unlawful stuff in an unregulated market. Regulated markets are taxed. Nigerians go into the bush and hunt animals many of them animals on the endangered list that are unlawful to kill. Chemists sell outdated meds, without penalty from the law. Majority of you are not even Nigerians for you have no evidence such as birth certificates indicating where you were born. You pay virtually nothing for fuel. The list is endless. You all owe Nigeria a great deal but this truth is drowned out in the general rabbleous and ignorant noises you make about some mystical oppression, when your true oppression is the limit ignorance has placed on some of you minds, depriving you of the ability to see opportunities that abound everywhere in that country Although, how one is oppressed in a nation that is effectively without functioning police, judiciary or tax system – the very definition of the perfect Free State – is beyond me.

One day you people will work yourself up into a lather of such rage, you will destroy Nigeria and then you people will go and live in other nations and pay bills at a higher rate than ever dreamt of in Nigeria.
B4 we start comparing, do we have a working system? No

In the end ,all this long yarns na still okoto meow

Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by jmoore(m): 11:09am On Oct 13, 2020
mofy1:
different strokes for different folks. my flat was given 39,000 for July,116,000 for August and 69,000 for September.

We are talking about the price per kWh.

Check your bills for those three months and tell us which has the highest price per kWh.
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by ceejay80s(m): 11:10am On Oct 13, 2020
All of u are on the streets for shouting end sars, instead of shouting end NEPA and fuel extortion
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by opeyemi233: 11:10am On Oct 13, 2020
No be their fault, na stupid so called nlc sale us, come collect chance too
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by jmoore(m): 11:11am On Oct 13, 2020
Merimental:

wen u move into a new house wit a prepaid meter n d former occupant accrued a large debt on d postpaid account n d landlord didn't mention it to u b4 moving in.

ur first payment to buy UNITS will be collected wit zero units recharged on d card.

dat time u will understand beta pal.

You should have made your opinion based on "all things being equal".

Your opinion is lopsided.
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by wristbangle: 11:12am On Oct 13, 2020
njola34:
I believe we have engineers in the house, Electrical engineers. How can a two bedroom flat consume 653kw/hr of electricity per month. I called them and demand to speak to an engineer because I believe their customer services representation will not understand what am talking about. We leave in very stupid country where we don’t apply any knowledge.. it is not possible for a two bedroom to use a 656 kw/ hr of electricity per month. Not even a 6 bedroom duplex in Alaska or Russia can use such amount.. I am very sure buhari will pay for me... AM waiting for Nepa office that will come and disconnect my wire...

Write to NERC about this. I have done that explaining the appliances I used. Even with the use of AC, it's not possible to consume 200kwh let alone 500kwh and above. Just like you said, such is not obtainable in the USA where sometimes they leave their appliances on. I don't know when domestic consumption has become industry type.
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by ikorodureporta: 11:14am On Oct 13, 2020
jesmond3945:
Op where is the storming? You mean on facebook?
ye
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by EbukaHades10(m): 11:15am On Oct 13, 2020
wristbangle:

Write to NERC about this. I have done that explaining the appliances I used. Even with the use of AC, it's not possible to consume 200kwh let alone 500kwh and above. Just like you said, such is not obtainable in the USA where sometimes they leave their appliances on. I don't know when domestic consumption has become industry type.
I no sure say dem dey answer those writings
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by frog12: 11:17am On Oct 13, 2020
sponsored SCAM. their OGAs need money to TRAVEL ABROAD
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by frog12: 11:19am On Oct 13, 2020
HOW CAN anyone be paying 14000 for NEPA bill on a self-contained ??

Prophet777:
Below is my September bill for a room and Parlour self contain, almost N30k. The minimum bill I received every month is N14, 000. I have paid for a prepaid metre yet you are unable to provide.

Everyday is for thief and one day is for the owner.

ADEGIN E A MRS / 1 ADEYINKA ADEOYE CLOSE OJODU / 0100361549
Your Bill for SEP 2020:

Tariff:B-Non MD
Rate:49.23
READ CODEcheesy
LAR:
PAR:
Consumption: 557.00
Curr.Charges: N29,477.69
Previous Balance: N133,475.43
Payment:N0.00
Adjustment:N-1,672.38
Amt Due: N161,280.74
Due Date: 18 Oct 2020.
For enquires call 017000250
Detail: eservices.ikejaelectric.com/billing/
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by Litmus: 11:19am On Oct 13, 2020
EbukaHades10:
B4 we start comparing, do we have a working system? No

In the end ,all this long yarns na still okoto meow

Coincidentally, I was just a moment ago wondering why no one has made cost of living comparisons across Africa or even the third world, taking into account relative wages, currency value in each nations, taxes, bills, energy, goods and services. You know how we are inundated with those world lists that often place Nigeria at the bottom. For example, you take workers across Africa in similar occupations, let’s say Uba taxi drivers or similar working in Lagos, Nairobi, Cairo, Addis Ababa, living in similar accommodations, rented or owned; take average pay and tot-up common sense expenses such as monthly cost of food shopping in Supermarkets or informal markets, if they were to buy a pair of trousers, shirt and shoes in that month in addition; utility bills, making allowances as appropriate for power cut, dry tap etc; cost of fuel and local vehicle taxes; loses due to bureaucracy and infrastructure, that sort of thing.

Such an indicator would be difficult to conduct but it may be worth it in order to introduce the concept of Perspectives to the fevered Nigeria national discourse. Governments in Africa, especially Nigeria do not pay enough attention to the influence of psychology in nationals’ sense of being.
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by Magmata: 11:25am On Oct 13, 2020
If Nigeria isn't a jungle, then what is it?

I'm a consumer under ikeja electric and I can say categorically that they are SARS with Plier, or something worse.

My hatred for them is so strong that I haven't feel a minute pain for getting disconnected since October 2019.

I asked them to disconnect me while I process prepaid meters. Could you imagine this people kept me waiting for 3months before a 5minutes survey was carried out, and another 6months before I got payment advice and now still waiting for the meter after over a month of acknowledging my payment.

Equipped with an experience of how this heartless people operate, I requested temporary disconnection pending when the meter will show. Lo and behold, this criminals have found a way of billing me two times for being disconnected (43k plus).

I almost became their worker to keep their insanity at that level (2 bills) with petitions on weekly basis. Yet, they find it 3xtremely hard to reverse the mischarges after all investigations and evidences proved they were guilty.

Funny thing is, once they noticed l've relaxed, they will send another bill then tell me "sorry for the inconveniences, we are working to resolve it ASAP".

In fact, one of their field agent had to ask me how I take they survive without electricity. I told him "I never new I could until you people forced me to try". Now I have peace of mind.

My advice for those of you amassing bills, especially lanlords; whatever outstanding you have on that bill is not for decoration, they know what they are doing. The delay is purposeful.

Until a protest for proper change is ripe, avoid using their services if it's affecting your blood pressure.

Electricity no be oxygen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by jesmond3945: 11:27am On Oct 13, 2020
ikorodureporta:

ye
lol this would not work now. Only endsars method will work
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by RichardRahl: 11:28am On Oct 13, 2020
maasoap:

May be you should apply with MAP.

Hey bro. I stay in a single room flat apartment and we use a prepaid meter that isn't just enough for the three apartments connecting to it. I wonder what the landlord was thinking.

The ridiculous prices I have been seeing for those without meter is scary, so I am not going through that route.

I did my little findings and found out that a MAP meter cannot be moved to another location if gotten by the tenant.

So my question is, can a meter — either prepaid or postpaid – be gotten that can be moved to another location? You know something that doesn't use MAP?
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by Mopolchi: 11:29am On Oct 13, 2020
That BBNaija dey powerful. Just see how it held a spell on the youths and immediately it ended the youths remembered that we still had Buhari at the helms of government and power churning out hardship policies.
daddytime:
These are the issues they are praying you to forget to remember and talk about by allowing you have a field's day with #EndSars without much of an interruption.

Let's face the fundamental issues bedeviling us as a nation and watch the issue of Police brutality begin to wane naturally.

The powers that be aren't stupid as most of us will want to believe, they are part of us and feel our pulses.

Watch them call multi-choice in secret to announce for the next BBN audition and watch the streets go empty.

The Nigerian youth has been so battered, humiliated, and ridiculed that he is predictable and turnable whithersoever the turner desires.

Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by daddytime(m): 11:31am On Oct 13, 2020
Mopolchi:
That BBNaija dey powerful. Just see how it held a spell on the youths and immediately it ended the youths remembered that we still had Buhari at the helms of government and power churning out hardship policies.

Dem curse and insult me tire when I dey enter their twitter threads to beg them to let's come together to give the old guards a run for their money ahead of 2023.

1 Like

Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by temmytee2309: 11:35am On Oct 13, 2020
By God's grace and the power of the living God, I must leave this country soon... By thunder, by fire by force
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by Mopolchi: 11:36am On Oct 13, 2020
2023 is the year we need to get it right via voting. The man wey dey at the top no go gree commot now.
daddytime:

Dem curse and insult me tire when I dey enter their twitter threads to beg them to let's come together to give the old guards a run for their money ahead of 2023.
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 13, 2020
Fragility6:

shei una dey support the idiot when he closed borders? Local rice still dey sell the price of foreign
who support am? U see me vote for am?
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by Overthemoonman: 11:40am On Oct 13, 2020
Na ina dey waste ina time... Na bypass sure pass
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by wristbangle: 11:42am On Oct 13, 2020
EbukaHades10:
I no sure say dem dey answer those writings

They do. I sent a mail two months ago and reduced the outstanding debts in our apartment
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by EbukaHades10(m): 11:42am On Oct 13, 2020
Litmus:

Coincidentally, I was just a moment ago wondering why no one has made cost of living comparisons across Africa or even the third world, taking into account relative wages, currency value in each nations, taxes, bills, energy, goods and services. You know how we are inundated with those world lists that often place Nigeria at the bottom.
Made my research and found out that it's actually more expensive living in Ghana (93.6%) than in Nigeria and less expensive in benin and South Africa (24%) but that they (Ghana) are OK with whatever they are given doesn't mean we too should zuzu and take anything they give us

1 Like

Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by EbukaHades10(m): 11:43am On Oct 13, 2020
wristbangle:

They do. I sent a mail two months ago and reduced the outstanding debts in our apartment
They never still answer me, aje
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by ikorodureporta: 11:44am On Oct 13, 2020
jesmond3945:
lol this would not work now. Only endsars method will work

He/she was asking where customers stormed
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by Excuzeme: 11:44am On Oct 13, 2020
money121:
Scam everywhere Nothing sweet Like prepaid meters

Dont bet on that!
I have been using PrePaid Meter now for almost four years.
I am very concious of usage, my Prepaid card usage ranges between #2,000 and ##2,500 in the RAINY season and goes up as high as #3,000 in the DRY Season, EVERY MONTH.

But since August, without adding any new gadget in my house, I have bought #3,000 three times, every month, making a Total of #9,000 since August September.
I just loaded the second #3,000 for October yesterday! I even had to dig the ground around my house to confirm that no one has tapped into my Power supply, by underground. grin grin Its that Crazy!
Looking at it, l was regreting that l am on PrePaid Meter because there is just no way out for people like us, with this EXPLOITATION by the DISCOS

Even during the lockdown, l was still recharging regularly while those on Billing were no bothered. undecided

What l am saying is, the problem goes beyond whether it is by Billing or Prepaid Meters (Though everyone should have a PrePaid Meter to avoid crazy Bills and cheating by Disco Staff)... we must challenge the unnecessary hardship been imposed on Nigerians by these DiSCOS.
All they are doing is just raking in Trillions of Naira and like Oliver twist, asking for more.
I beleive there is massive corruption in the running of the DISCOS and it started from how they gottheir License

Minister Babatunde Fashola was about to do something radical about these DISCOS but the Aso Rock Cabal quickly removed him away from Ministry of Power and put a corrupt "weewee" Minister in charge.

#REFORMDISOCOS must happen, DISCOs must be completely reorganised and renegotiated.
Government should also remove Import Tarriffs on Solar Panels and Solar Batteries, grant Waivers to house Owners who want to install Solar Power so that some Nigerians can migrate to Solar Energy, to relieve consumption on the traditional Power Supply methods.
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by EbukaHades10(m): 11:44am On Oct 13, 2020
Overthemoonman:
Na ina dey waste ina time... Na bypass sure pass
Enjoy am dey go my G.....................until they catch u

1 Like

Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by Excuzeme: 11:49am On Oct 13, 2020
Mopolchi:
2023 is the year we need to get it right via voting. The man wey dey at the top no go gree commot now.

Have you forgotten that the Old hag has so far refused to sign the amemnded Electoral bill 2019 that will enusre our Vote Counts?
INEC will not have "Server", when his interest is at stake like in the last Presidential Election but will upload results to INEC Server if it will serve his purpose, like in Edo State and Ondo State Governorship Elections

We are being played by this President
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by ikorodureporta: 11:51am On Oct 13, 2020
EbukaHades10:
Shebi if the light dey steady, we go happy to pay bcus we know say we dey enjoy am. Nobody go even get mouth to complain cus we dey see am

Be like say NEPA dey give u light for free na y u dey yarn okoto

me na meter I want, light dey or not.
How can I be paying for what I'm not using.
If they give us 24/7 supply, & I no dey house for 4days /wk, so I go still pay the useless scam bill??
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by Overthemoonman: 11:52am On Oct 13, 2020
EbukaHades10:
Enjoy am dey go my G.....................until they catch u
Even if them b witch
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by Excuzeme: 11:53am On Oct 13, 2020
temmytee2309:
By God's grace and the power of the living God, I must leave this country soon... By thunder, by fire by force

Let us stay and fight for our own country, the people in those country you are running to, stayed and fought for their own country.
Dont go there and become another Slave To strange people.
Better to Slave and fight in your own country, with Dignity, than go to become a Slave in another place were you will be treated as sub-human.
I have seen it all, Bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Gowon And Ojukwu Reconciling 40 Years After End Of Civil War / Natasha Akpoti's Driver Stabbed By Yahaya Bello's Thugs - Dino Melaye / Obi, LP Tender 18,088 Blurred Result Sheets, Other Documents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.