Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,211 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform (33815 Views)

VAT: Ikeja Electric Announces Price Hike In MAP Meters / Army Day: Nollywood Stars Storm Ikeja Cantonment For Buratai / The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by maasoap(m): 4:30pm On Oct 13, 2020
RichardRahl:

Hey bro. I stay in a single room flat apartment and we use a prepaid meter that isn't just enough for the three apartments connecting to it. I wonder what the landlord was thinking.

The ridiculous prices I have been seeing for those without meter is scary, so I am not going through that route.

I did my little findings and found out that a MAP meter cannot be moved to another location if gotten by the tenant.

So my question is, can a meter — either prepaid or postpaid – be gotten that can be moved to another location? You know something that doesn't use MAP?

I spoke to my brother in charge of prepaid, he told me the same thing that MAP meters can't be relocated. He said that one has to sell it to the new occupants if and when one is packing out. I'm paying direct too, N2500, I just don't bother myself about what is on the bill. To the marketer, 2.5k, take it or leave it

1 Like

Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by maasoap(m): 4:42pm On Oct 13, 2020
gulfer:

My own question is how did they arrive at the questionable rate of N23-N53/kwh for some areas
It is still the same and same, all geared towards ensuring we pay the astronomic old estimated bill rate one way or the other. Let us say currently, I am using a post-paid meter and the monthly usage rate thet bring as bill is >700kwh. If in actual sense I use this amount of power which is questionable, by the time I am given my prepaid meter; 1 thousand unit will equate to N53,000 every month thereby making it a win win situation for them. Are the other West African countries we are allegedly supplying power paying so much for a unit of energy

Are you actually consuming 700 units per month? That's like 35 units or 35kwh per day! Or, you're using post paid meter but they are charging you based on estimation?
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by BIZZWEALTH: 4:47pm On Oct 13, 2020
Sales! Mercury 5kva Spirit Plus Hybrid Inverter MPPT Charge Controller N310,000

For more information call us on 07037451701

Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by singiti(m): 5:25pm On Oct 13, 2020
Og*n will kill this Nepa. See as them increase nepa bill on top say ligh no dey. To give prepaid metre nah problem.

Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by akakc47: 7:26pm On Oct 13, 2020
The truth be say, if dem like make them put am 200k.who go pay, if them cut am go, we reconnect am, finish
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by njola34(m): 8:01pm On Oct 13, 2020
Litmus:
The following is going to enrage some of you but here goes: you Nigerians have been living too free in Nigeria and have grown spoiled and entitled. Majority of you are ignorant of true state of the world. Government has been thin on the ground. In spite of SARS, Nigerians live lawlessly and have done for too long. You people barley pay taxes. You drive cars without going to driving schools, meaning majority of your driving license are forgery. You guys with vehicles don’t pay insurance. You people don’t pay for road maintenance. You people build homes illegally. Erect buildings and structure where you want. You piss and shit where you like, without police harassment, when even if facilities are absent you could still ease yourselves with a little consideration for others and your environment. When you own business you often sell unlawful stuff in an unregulated market. Regulated markets are taxed. Nigerians go into the bush and hunt animals many of them animals on the endangered list that are unlawful to kill. Chemists sell outdated meds, without penalty from the law. Majority of you are not even Nigerians for you have no evidence such as birth certificates indicating where you were born. You pay virtually nothing for fuel. The list is endless. You all owe Nigeria a great deal but this truth is drowned out in the general rabbleous and ignorant noises you make about some mystical oppression, when your true oppressors is the limit ignorance has placed on some of you minds, depriving you of the ability to see opportunities that abound everywhere in that country Although, how one is oppressed in a nation that is effectively without functioning police, judiciary or tax system – the very definition of the perfect Free State – is beyond me.

One day you people will work yourself up into a lather of such rage, you will destroy Nigeria and then you people will go and live in other nations and pay bills at a higher rate than ever dreamt of in Nigeria.

Considering the your write up, I know you leave abroad. No 2 bedroom flat can use 656 kw/ hr in the UK ie Scotland where the Temperature can fall as low as -10 degrees for over 7 month in a year. Pls England is not even cold when compared to Scotland..... so drawing a comparison without looking at the disposable income in Nigeria is like a model without no assumption...

3 Likes

Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 13, 2020
NEPA are mad. So they plan to use jargon confuse us. In fact, they de crase join am
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by njola34(m): 9:27pm On Oct 13, 2020
murmee:
It is quite possible if you ACs round the clock and if you use electric cooker!

Well i only have one AC that can powered by a small generator .and the last time I use an electric cooker was 2005 at university of Lagos
It is not event possible to have your a.c on 24/7 even if you desire that ...
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by Topmost11(m): 1:47pm On Oct 14, 2020
Merimental:

Lol. I was about to reply him until I saw 3k since January.

he's a small boy dat doesn't know Daddy has recharged ova 8 times since den.

H says they hardly stay at home. Anybody with ppm needs to learn energy saving and conservation. You have energy guzzling 63inchs TV, 10 units of 60 watts bulb that is always on. And you expect to use 5k light per month.
I also use ppm. In 5 yeas I have not bought up to 20k light and I still have 192 units on my meter. How did I do it? My bulbs are 5watts, I don't leave light on in rooms when we are not there. I use 36inchs flat screen TV with eco mode. Fridges and chest freezer are low wattage models. Ever heard of motion sensor security lights? And I incorporated solar April last year. If I decide today that I don't need NEPA/PHCN/IBEDC or whatever name they will bear tomorrow, I am good to go.
What we need to do is review appliances before we buy them. Why do I need it, what is the consumption, can I get a better one etc. To example, I had to rest one ox fan that guzzles 130watts for a boscon rechargeable fan that uses 40 watts. He fans rechargeable battery carries me for 9, 6 or 3 hours depending on whether I set it at low, medium of fast speed.Today, you need to think smart.

1 Like

Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by zurielsam(m): 5:39pm On Oct 16, 2020
johnpablo541:

haba, 3k since january that meter has been bypassed. 3k will give you about 81 units or more. or did your transformer get spoilt for 6months?

there was this compound i lived in back then, we never paid bills till we moved out cos it seems the landlord bypassed the meter so the thing was always showing green.

Actually we didn't bypass
But what we do mainly is charge our phones, laptops, and lamps. Television na ones in a while. No Refrigerator, No Hot Plat
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by zurielsam(m): 5:40pm On Oct 16, 2020
EbukaHades10:
Omo!! Be like say dem bypass una meter. 3k since January
We didn't bypass it. we only charge phones, laptops and Lams. we don't use any energy consuming gadgets. even televison na ones in a while nobody get time

1 Like

Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by Saipro(m): 10:23am On Oct 27, 2020
Litmus:
The following is going to enrage some of you but here goes: you Nigerians have been living too free in Nigeria and have grown spoiled and entitled. Majority of you are ignorant of true state of the world. Government has been thin on the ground. In spite of SARS, Nigerians live lawlessly and have done for too long. You people barley pay taxes. You drive cars without going to driving schools, meaning majority of your driving license are forgery. You guys with vehicles don’t pay insurance. You people don’t pay for road maintenance. You people build homes illegally. Erect buildings and structure where you want. You piss and shit where you like, without police harassment, when even if facilities are absent you could still ease yourselves with a little consideration for others and your environment. When you own business you often sell unlawful stuff in an unregulated market. Regulated markets are taxed. Nigerians go into the bush and hunt animals many of them animals on the endangered list that are unlawful to kill. Chemists sell outdated meds, without penalty from the law. Majority of you are not even Nigerians for you have no evidence such as birth certificates indicating where you were born. You pay virtually nothing for fuel. The list is endless. You all owe Nigeria a great deal but this truth is drowned out in the general rabbleous and ignorant noises you make about some mystical oppression, when your true oppressors is the limit ignorance has placed on some of you minds, depriving you of the ability to see opportunities that abound everywhere in that country Although, how one is oppressed in a nation that is effectively without functioning police, judiciary or tax system – the very definition of the perfect Free State – is beyond me.

One day you people will work yourself up into a lather of such rage, you will destroy Nigeria and then you people will go and live in other nations and pay bills at a higher rate than ever dreamt of in Nigeria.
Nice!

You should be aware a good number of people have legit living down to their driving licences and even pay tax from source.

It would be nice if you would use GDP or minimum wage as a basis for comparison. Things aren't necessarily what they are perceived to be.

By the way, many governments of the world are running thinner than us right now. Fact check.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Dumbness Of The “convoy ” Story: Buhari Should Stop Deceiving Nigerians / What Olukemi Badenoch Said About Nigeria In 2017 (Throwback) / BBC Bandits Documentary: NBC Fines DSTV, Startimes And TSTV 5 Million Naira Each

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.