Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,186 members, 7,953,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:23 PM

Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform (34073 Views)

Army Day: Nollywood Stars Storm Ikeja Cantonment For Buratai / The Warning Message Ikeja Electric Sent To Their Customers / Ikorodu Residents Storm Ikeja Electric Office; Disrupt Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by zurielsam(m): 11:55am On Oct 13, 2020
Merimental:

Prepaid meter isn't sweet pal. ask dose who have it how many units dey consume in a month for outrageous amount.

plus if u have an outstanding debt, prepaid won't be funny anymore.

You don't know what you are talking about.
Where i live they use to bring a bill of almost 10k monthly despite the fact that we hardly stay at home, we go out early in the morning and come back at night. Last year we go prepaid meter, and we recharged 3k in January,we are still using that 3k till now with all the lock down that we are at home. now tell me which one is sweet
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by EbukaHades10(m): 11:57am On Oct 13, 2020
ikorodureporta:

me na meter I want, light dey or not.
How can I be paying for what I'm not using.
If they give us 24/7 supply, & I no dey house for 4days /wk, so I go still pay the useless scam bill??
As they no won bring meter,na their mercy we dey.

God no go shame us
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by EbukaHades10(m): 11:59am On Oct 13, 2020
zurielsam:

Where i live they use to bring a bill of almost 10k monthly despite the fact that we hardly stay at home, we go out early in the morning and come back at night. Last year we go prepaid meter, and we recharged 3k in January,we are still using that 3k till now with all the lock down that we are at home. now tell me which one is sweet
Omo!! Be like say dem bypass una meter. 3k since January

2 Likes

Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by Litmus: 12:05pm On Oct 13, 2020
EbukaHades10:
Made my research and found out that it's actually more expensive living in Ghana (93.6%) than in Nigeria and less expensive in benin and South Africa (24%) but that they (Ghana) are OK with whatever they are given doesn't mean we too should zuzu and take anything they give us

LOL

But we need a wider and official one from the Office of National Statistics not your empirical one. For example you take workers across Africa in similar occupations, let’s say Uba taxi drivers or similar working in Lagos, Nairobi, Cairo, Addis Ababa, living in similar accommodations, rented or owned; take average pay and tot-up common sense expenses such as monthly cost of food shopping in Supermarkets or informal markets, if they were to buy a pair of trousers, shirt and shoes in that month in addition; utility bills, making allowances as appropriate for power cut, dry tap etc; cost of fuel and local vehicle taxes; loses due to bureaucracy and infrastructure, that sort of thing.

Anyway, thanks for the points you made.
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by Merimental(m): 12:12pm On Oct 13, 2020
EbukaHades10:
Omo!! Be like say dem bypass una meter. 3k since January

Lol. I was about to reply him until I saw 3k since January.

he's a small boy dat doesn't know Daddy has recharged ova 8 times since den.

1 Like

Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by EbukaHades10(m): 12:13pm On Oct 13, 2020
Litmus:

LOL

But we need a wider and official one from the Office of National Statistics not your empirical one. For example you take workers across Africa in similar occupations, let’s say Uba taxi drivers or similar working in Lagos, Nairobi, Cairo, Addis Ababa, living in similar accommodations, rented or owned; take average pay and tot-up common sense expenses such as monthly cost of food shopping in Supermarkets or informal markets, if they were to buy a pair of trousers, shirt and shoes in that month in addition; utility bills, making allowances as appropriate for power cut, dry tap etc; cost of fuel and local vehicle taxes; loses due to bureaucracy and infrastructure, that sort of thing.

Anyway, thanks for the points you made.

That one na person project topic. When they are ready,they will do the stats
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by johnpablo541(m): 12:15pm On Oct 13, 2020
zurielsam:

haba, 3k since january that meter has been bypassed. 3k will give you about 81 units or more. or did your transformer get spoilt for 6months?

there was this compound i lived in back then, we never paid bills till we moved out cos it seems the landlord bypassed the meter so the thing was always showing green.

2 Likes

Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by EbukaHades10(m): 12:15pm On Oct 13, 2020
Merimental:

Lol. I was about to reply him until I saw 3k since January.

he's a small boy dat doesn't know Daddy has recharged ova 8 times since den.

1 Like

Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by edoairways: 12:16pm On Oct 13, 2020
EbukaHades10:
I dey pay bill of 4k, dem increase am to 5k, increase am to 7k as at August. Now the bastards bring bill of 15k for 1 TV, freezer and fan.

Make una come cut am, abeg. When they bring my meter, una go reconnect am.

Where did you see this picture � grin grin grin
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by Philipxxxx0: 12:17pm On Oct 13, 2020
If you have prepaid meter, dont suffer yourself, bypassing it by 6pm until 6am is sure everyday, by doing that you can use only 1000 naria per month, in the morning off your fridge or heater, do it for one year, come and thanks me later.
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by BIZZWEALTH: 12:18pm On Oct 13, 2020
Don't Depend on Nepa Generate Your Own Power

For Information Call Us On[b] 07037451701[/b]
Or Visit mercurydirect.com.ng

Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by EbukaHades10(m): 12:18pm On Oct 13, 2020
edoairways:

Where did you see this picture � grin grin grin
Na for this same Nairaland, boss

Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by Merimental(m): 12:20pm On Oct 13, 2020
agukings:
Your company is exploiting us . I use prepaid meter and i bought credit on the 28/09/2020 and was charged #50.85 per KWA.

yet many ppl tink prepaid is d solution.
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by EbukaHades10(m): 12:20pm On Oct 13, 2020
Philipxxxx0:
If you have prepaid meter, dont suffer yourself, bypassing it by 6pm until 6am is sure everyday, by doing that you can use only 1000 naria per month, in the morning off your fridge or heater, do it for one year, come and thanks me later.
Na wahala for who not get light from 6pm be dat

Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 13, 2020
I said it here nah. One day the youth would be pushed to the wall and it seems that time has come.
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by edoairways: 12:22pm On Oct 13, 2020
alizma:
I think there should be a protest for prepaid metre to be installed in houses
Prepaid metres doesn't help either.

1 Like

Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by Bluffly: 12:26pm On Oct 13, 2020
We are getting to close to attaining a government from the people, of the people and for the people. Keep using your voice loudly

1 Like

Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by EbukaHades10(m): 12:50pm On Oct 13, 2020
Overthemoonman:
Even if them b witch ..

Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by Burgerlomo: 12:58pm On Oct 13, 2020
Nigerian leaders are making life so unbearable for the masses which is so sad.
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 13, 2020
Excuzeme:

Let us stay and fight for our own country, the people in those country you are running to, stayed and fought for their own country.
Dont go there and become another Slave o starnge people.
Better to Slave and fight in your own country, with Dignity, that go become a Slave in another place were you will be treated as sub-human.
I have seen it all, Bro.
yes it is oo
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by Fragility6: 1:14pm On Oct 13, 2020
southniyikaye:
who support am? U see me vote for am?
I feel say u b one of the economic gurus wey dey talk den say prices of things go reduce and we go start to patronise locally made products. None even dey happen now
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by johnpablo541(m): 1:15pm On Oct 13, 2020
edoairways:

It helps o, when i was using postpaid, the least bill was about 15k per month it gets high to 35k sometimes and they even charge you if your transformer is faulty or you traveled.

Now with prepaid, it doesn't get up to 10k per month.
Change all your bulbs to energy saver.
Turn off lights during the day time.
Turn off lights and fans when no one is using them (it get one house i take dey know if Nepa light dey on my way back home, their outside bulb is always on).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by yaki84: 1:34pm On Oct 13, 2020
All those that are enjoying 27hrs per day light under buhari, pls how much r they charging u guys?
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by kelvindj98: 1:48pm On Oct 13, 2020
Litmus:
The following is going to enrage some of you but here goes: you Nigerians have been living too free in Nigeria and have grown spoiled and entitled. Majority of you are ignorant of true state of the world. Government has been thin on the ground. In spite of SARS, Nigerians live lawlessly and have done for too long. You people barley pay taxes. You drive cars without going to driving schools, meaning majority of your driving license are forgery. You guys with vehicles don’t pay insurance. You people don’t pay for road maintenance. You people build homes illegally. Erect buildings and structure where you want. You piss and shit where you like, without police harassment, when even if facilities are absent you could still ease yourselves with a little consideration for others and your environment. When you own business you often sell unlawful stuff in an unregulated market. Regulated markets are taxed. Nigerians go into the bush and hunt animals many of them animals on the endangered list that are unlawful to kill. Chemists sell outdated meds, without penalty from the law. Majority of you are not even Nigerians for you have no evidence such as birth certificates indicating where you were born. You pay virtually nothing for fuel. The list is endless. You all owe Nigeria a great deal but this truth is drowned out in the general rabbleous and ignorant noises you make about some mystical oppression, when your true oppressors is the limit ignorance has placed on some of you minds, depriving you of the ability to see opportunities that abound everywhere in that country Although, how one is oppressed in a nation that is effectively without functioning police, judiciary or tax system – the very definition of the perfect Free State – is beyond me.

One day you people will work yourself up into a lather of such rage, you will destroy Nigeria and then you people will go and live in other nations and pay bills at a higher rate than ever dreamt of in Nigeria.
Senseless Post
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by blexxyn1(m): 2:30pm On Oct 13, 2020
kelvindj98:

Senseless Post
very senseless post
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by gulfer: 2:33pm On Oct 13, 2020
edoairways:
My own question is how did they arrive at the questionable rate of N23-N53/kwh for some areas
It is still the same and same, all geared towards ensuring we pay the astronomic old estimated bill rate one way or the other. Let us say currently, I am using a post-paid meter and the monthly usage rate thet bring as bill is >700kwh. If in actual sense I use this amount of power which is questionable, by the time I am given my prepaid meter; 1 thousand unit will equate to N53,000 every month thereby making it a win win situation for them. Are the other West African countries we are allegedly supplying power paying so much for a unit of energy
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by edoairways: 2:42pm On Oct 13, 2020
gulfer:

My own question is how did they arrive at the questionable rate of N23-N53/kwh for some areas
It is still the same and same, all geared towards ensuring we pay the astronomic old estimated bill rate one way or the other. Let us say currently, I am using a post-paid meter and the monthly usage rate thet bring as bill is >700kwh. If in actual sense I use this amount of power which is questionable, by the time I am given my prepaid meter; 1 thousand unit will equate to N53,000 every month thereby making it a win win situation for them. Are the other West African countries we are allegedly supplying power paying so much for a unit of energy
Yes they are
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by snowball11(m): 2:43pm On Oct 13, 2020
When a country is left in the hands of a Rearer-General of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; what else would you get other than confused policies and programs! undecided
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by Cheks5(m): 2:54pm On Oct 13, 2020
Merimental:

Prepaid meter isn't sweet pal. ask dose who have it how many units dey consume in a month for outrageous amount.

plus if u have an outstanding debt, prepaid won't be funny anymore.
Prepaid is the best. When we were using the old meter, they usually bring bills of nothing less than 15000, but since we switched to prepaid we pay between 4 to 6k a month. 6k when we have light for like 20 to 22 hrs a day. The good thing also about prepaid meter is that, when our transformer decides to misbehave, it usually takes those phcn guys more than one week to fix it. At the end of the day they will still bring their usual bill not minding whether there was no light for one week plus. But those of us with prepaid are not affected by this

1 Like

Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by johnlvis(m): 2:55pm On Oct 13, 2020
This is my bill . I no fit talk
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by johnlvis(m): 2:58pm On Oct 13, 2020
U just said my mind bro
Sonnobax15:
The time to beat nepa officials nation wide go soon reach,trust me..
Re: Outrageous September Bill: Aggrieved Customers Storm Ikeja Electric's Platform by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 13, 2020
can someone help with conlog meter. How do i recharge it with the units i bought?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

25% In FCT: Tribunal Dismisses LP/Obi Petition Against Tinubu / Report Rates 30 States In Nigeria Dirty, 7 Clean / Picture Of Governors Sanwo-Olu And Alex Otti At Davido's Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.