Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Take A Break From #EndSARS Protests- Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Take A Break From #EndSARS Protests- Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians (16641 Views)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Labour Union To Shelve Strike / 2023 Elections: Babajide Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians. See Reactions / Tinubu To Lagosians: Be Calm, Maintain The Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Take A Break From #EndSARS Protests- Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians by EBMedia: 5:16am On Oct 13, 2020
Lagos state governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has appealed to residents of the state to stop the #EndSARS protests, IgbereTV reports.

The protest which has gone peaceful since they started last week, turned violent in Surulere today October 12. A driver and a police inspector were killed in the clash between the protesters and the police.

In a post shared on his Twitter handle, the governor said he is making the appeal as a father.

He tweeted:

''I want to appeal to the protesters to take a break from protesting tomorrow. Tempers are at a highest on all sides at this time and while we work to prevent escalation, the safety of our residents is paramount. I speak not just as a governor, but as a father, brother and son.''
https://twitter.com/jidesanwoolu/status/1315709710079852545?s=19

The governor added that he will be meeting with President Buhari in Abuja tomorrow October 13 over the EndSARS agitation.

The governor also mentioned that he will be meeting with the state Commissioner of Police, Hakeem Odumosu, for the release of the protesters that were arrested on Monday.

He tweeted:

''I am meeting with the Lagos CP. Protesters will be released and broader issues will be addressed in my meeting with the President tomorrow. Let us take a break from protests tomorrow and give us a chance to take tangible next steps."
https://twitter.com/jidesanwoolu/status/1315722384331202563?s=19

"The protesters will be released tonight. Their rights will not be violated. That, I assure you.''
https://twitter.com/jidesanwoolu/status/1315727649642250240?s=19

https://igberetvnews.com/1368216/take-break-endsars-protests-governor-sanwo-olu-appeals-lagosians/

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Take A Break From #EndSARS Protests- Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians by jidamsel43(m): 5:21am On Oct 13, 2020
we should rather change the agenda to #resctructuring now.

What Nigeria lack is structural problems. The new unit after the disbandment of SARS is the same NPF under a new name. It's just like changing the dress of a tiger and call it another name. If Nigeria is restructured, the major problems of this country will be solved.

The #endsars protests have shown that there is power in unison and we must utilize this to achieve a greater cause for this country.

I hereby move a motion for Nigeria to be restructured.

Seconded by...?

108 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Take A Break From #EndSARS Protests- Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians by Toosure70: 5:22am On Oct 13, 2020
Naija about to explode.

8 Likes

Re: Take A Break From #EndSARS Protests- Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians by Artisappng: 5:24am On Oct 13, 2020
We've been on break for too long.
#endPoliceBrutality

Advertise your skills for FREE!
Contact artisans around you with just a click.
See link below

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Take A Break From #EndSARS Protests- Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians by saucespecies: 5:24am On Oct 13, 2020
There is no break until you guys do the needful. We are done talking, now it's time for action until you people yield to the demand of the youth.

#endsarscontinue#

10 Likes

Re: Take A Break From #EndSARS Protests- Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians by money121(m): 5:24am On Oct 13, 2020
Break till when

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Take A Break From #EndSARS Protests- Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians by mainkendo: 5:26am On Oct 13, 2020
Ehya

1 Like

Re: Take A Break From #EndSARS Protests- Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians by SLAP44: 5:27am On Oct 13, 2020
We are jobless and still being exploited. End Nigeria.

37 Likes

Re: Take A Break From #EndSARS Protests- Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians by thesicilian: 5:28am On Oct 13, 2020
Let the politicians take a break from corruption first

34 Likes

Re: Take A Break From #EndSARS Protests- Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians by helinues: 5:28am On Oct 13, 2020
Anyone still protesting about SARS after their dissolution should be arrested

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Take A Break From #EndSARS Protests- Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians by Rodwave: 5:41am On Oct 13, 2020
The zombie miscreant above me is despicable. Please ignore him

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Take A Break From #EndSARS Protests- Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians by protests: 5:55am On Oct 13, 2020
Daddy!

Re: Take A Break From #EndSARS Protests- Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians by Nobody: 5:58am On Oct 13, 2020
This is how a Governor speaks, unlike that tyrant called Wike

5 Likes

Re: Take A Break From #EndSARS Protests- Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians by Nobody: 6:00am On Oct 13, 2020
helinues:
Anyone still protesting about SARS after their dissolution should be arrested

How do you convince me that you are not a COWARD?
Typical IPOB

Hiss

16 Likes

Re: Take A Break From #EndSARS Protests- Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians by helinues: 6:03am On Oct 13, 2020
EastGold:

How do you convince me that you are not a COWARD?
Typical IPOB

Hiss

You should try and be consciously aware of your comments...

No be you respond to one of my comments in support of childish act of Igbos.

That na confusion oo

1 Like

Re: Take A Break From #EndSARS Protests- Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians by Nobody: 6:12am On Oct 13, 2020
helinues:

You should try and be consciously aware of your comments...

No be you respond to one of my comments in support of childish act of Igbos.

That na confusion oo

Me? Support IPOB?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Take A Break From #EndSARS Protests- Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians by doggedfighter(f): 6:17am On Oct 13, 2020
No break. We took a break and you guys have been on stealing spree

18 Likes

Re: Take A Break From #EndSARS Protests- Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 6:38am On Oct 13, 2020
Nigerian youths hv a lot to protest for
bad governance
corruption
etc

7 Likes

Re: Take A Break From #EndSARS Protests- Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians by TecM0: 6:39am On Oct 13, 2020
cool

This is why Wike barred all protest till further notice

Ball and spineless Sanwo Olu is begging, while Wike just gave them red card

Re: Take A Break From #EndSARS Protests- Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians by GOATandYAMtheory: 6:40am On Oct 13, 2020
Sanwo olu is a fool..

Arrest and deal with them ruthlessly

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Take A Break From #EndSARS Protests- Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians by nairalandankrah: 6:41am On Oct 13, 2020
Take a break from politics..we demand good governance

7 Likes

Re: Take A Break From #EndSARS Protests- Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians by Samps(m): 6:42am On Oct 13, 2020
What if he said that because he doesn't want the police they can't control to kill more people?
GOATandYAMtheory:
Sanwo olu is a fool..

4 Likes

Re: Take A Break From #EndSARS Protests- Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians by EBMedia: 7:41am On Oct 13, 2020
Lalasticlala
Re: Take A Break From #EndSARS Protests- Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians by Houseofglam7(f): 7:53am On Oct 13, 2020
undecided
Re: Take A Break From #EndSARS Protests- Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians by akosy(m): 7:54am On Oct 13, 2020
Okay Guys, we're on Tea Break...
Re: Take A Break From #EndSARS Protests- Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians by visijo(m): 7:54am On Oct 13, 2020
There's nothing wrong with dating a woman with a child. Some UEFA matches start with aggregate 1-0 �
Re: Take A Break From #EndSARS Protests- Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians by MorataFC: 7:54am On Oct 13, 2020
OK
Re: Take A Break From #EndSARS Protests- Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians by Onlinealaba(m): 7:54am On Oct 13, 2020
The fear of an uprising

3 Likes

Re: Take A Break From #EndSARS Protests- Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians by VcStunner(m): 7:54am On Oct 13, 2020
I watched a video on YouTube where one guy was interviewed at Airport protest in Lagos and was asked why he's protesting, I was amazed at his answer.
First of all, let it be known that Nigerian youths aren't stupid. They are well learned in their own ways and are very understanding, the #Endsars protest has shown that you can't mess around anymore. If you get 1MB, try and watch and be proud. Lagos protest will happen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT56eQLwJAY

6 Likes

Re: Take A Break From #EndSARS Protests- Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians by Dominion202: 7:54am On Oct 13, 2020
Thanks to every youth that takes their time to protest for SARS to end. Our mission has been accomplished. Let it end now for the seek of our people.

3 Likes

Re: Take A Break From #EndSARS Protests- Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians by LivingSage: 7:54am On Oct 13, 2020
Quite a time here.

Restricting movement of lagosians is another problem sourced from solving one. They should be civil with their protest

1 Like

Re: Take A Break From #EndSARS Protests- Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians by MorataFC: 7:54am On Oct 13, 2020
GOATandYAMtheory:
Sanwo olu is a fool..

hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Wins Abaji Area Council But No Candidate Is Declared / Best And Worst States In Nigeria / Lagos Begins Residents' Registration Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.