Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

The True Reality About Migrating To Canada!!! - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The True Reality About Migrating To Canada!!! (9663 Views)

This Is The True Reality Of Life In CANADA (VIDEO) / Is 1M Or 1.2m Naira OK For Someone Thinking About Migrating To Canada / The Reality About Kazakhstan And Warning To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Reality About Migrating To Canada!!! by dasparrow: 1:08am On Oct 24, 2020
I was reading Quora, an information sharing site today and I stumbled upon a thread. I decided to take snapshots of the thread so you can read it. Someone had posted a question and a Canadian woman responded.

Take note of the number of LIKES her response garnered. Please also take note of what she said. Also, note that things are about to change due to the Covid-19 pandemic and the impact it has had on jobs.

The Canadian woman mentioned that Canada lost 1 million jobs in March of this year alone. Please note that just like the USA, Canada might drastically cut down on work permit visas and even PR visas if they think there are not enough jobs to go around for their own citizens talkless of jobs for recent migrants.

I am not here to discourage anyone. I am here to tell you the situation on ground.

Re: The True Reality About Migrating To Canada!!! by ednut1(m): 1:47am On Oct 24, 2020
dasparrow:
I was reading Quora, an information sharing site today and I stumbled upon a thread. I decided to take snapshots of the thread so you can read it. Someone had posted a question and a Canadian woman responded.

Take note of the number of LIKES her response garnered. Please also take note of what she said. Also, note that things are about to change due to the Covid-19 pandemic and the impact it has had on jobs.

The Canadian woman mentioned that Canada lost 1 million jobs in March of this year alone. Please note that just like the USA, Canada might drastically cut down on work permit visas and even PR visas if they think there are not enough jobs to go around for their own citizens talkless of jobs for recent migrants.

I am not here to discourage anyone. I am here to tell you the situation on ground.
canada of recent has been issuing record number of invitations to apply

Re: The True Reality About Migrating To Canada!!! by Dlemy: 3:19am On Oct 24, 2020
I have read all the post, the question is
1. What are the Immigration programs for families currently?

2. How do I apply please?

3. What are the steps or processes?

1 Like

Re: The True Reality About Migrating To Canada!!! by JESUnifemi4eva: 3:24am On Oct 24, 2020
justwise:

One year leave when you haven't even worked for 2months? Which company gives you that?

Hi Justwise,

It is not the company that pays for maternity leave. It is the government that pays (as long as you meet the minimum requirements in terms of the number of hours worked prior to starting maternity leave) and monthly payment is capped at 55% of pre-maternity leave salary or maximum of $573 (per week before tax) - PS: NOT everyone gets the maximum amount, as it is subject to your pre-maternity leave salary level. It is one of the reasons some Canadians don't want to have lots of babies as it is seen as reduced income for the one year period.

This information is on the government website www.canada.ca

It might look like a lot of money, but childcare is costly; creche costs about $1200-$2000 per month (depending on location) for a 12month-18month baby, so it's best to save for post-maternity period except you have a family member that will help you with childcare when you resume at work; and you still have to pay for accommodation and general expenses. The child also gets benefits from the government ranging from $100-$650 per month depending on parents income level and location.

These might look like a lot of free benefits but remember Canadians are taxed heavily and the expenses are also in dollars; that said, I wont discourage anyone from immigrating to Canada, some people relocate and get fantastic jobs immediately while some struggle to find their footing for a few years before getting settled.

Advise for new immigrants - be open-minded and watch the company you keep, try to make friends with positive minded people who would show you the right way and give you information on how to navigate the job market. Don't get discouraged if the beginning is a bit rough; whatever job you get, work hard and don't 'settle'. Don't get involved in illegitimate businesses; avoid people that are not interested in continuous improvement. A lot of Nigerians are thriving in their careers, earning top-range salaries and managing very profitable businesses. LinkedIn is a great tool, package yourself and NETWORK NETWORK NETWORK; please do not restrict yourself to the NIGERIAN community.

Canada is a lovely place, and the leaders are interested in serving their community. Taxes are high however we can't complain too much as the government is transparent (google ATIP Canada) about the costs of governance, and we can check how our taxes are being allocated for infrastructure, healthcare, education etc.

Please pardon all typo's

Above all, commit everything to GOD, and HE will direct your path!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The True Reality About Migrating To Canada!!! by JESUnifemi4eva: 3:39am On Oct 24, 2020
Dlemy:
I have read all the post, the question is
1. What are the Immigration programs for families currently?

2. How do I apply please?

3. What are the steps or processes?

Start from page 1
https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled
Re: The True Reality About Migrating To Canada!!! by MissLucyO: 4:20pm On Oct 25, 2020
Hi nairalanders, please I need help. I’m a 25 year old graduate from unilag, i finished with a 3rd class in botany, do I have chances of furthering my education in Canada? If yes please what course do you suggest?
Re: The True Reality About Migrating To Canada!!! by NairaLuck: 5:51pm On Oct 25, 2020
MissLucyO:
Hi nairalanders, please I need help. I’m a 25 year old graduate from unilag, i finished with a 3rd class in botany, do I have chances of furthering my education in Canada? If yes please what course do you suggest?
Go to Canada study visa thread. You will be overwhelmed with information
Re: The True Reality About Migrating To Canada!!! by boyka1: 7:38pm On Oct 25, 2020
Ashirioluwa:

That is not true.

A plumber charged me £48 for a minute job. I was gobsmacked when he said he charged someone £120 to fix his clogged toilet. Plumbers dey make mad money.
Re: The True Reality About Migrating To Canada!!! by maternal: 4:44am On Oct 26, 2020
Chicago213:

Lol all what I hear from you guys over there is "I have a friend" I know someone" why don't you give first hand information from your own experience I'm talking from my own experience here as a Nigerian!!! Those of us here(Nigerians) hardly tell the truth but prefer to live fake lives to make it seem all is well...

How come the Nigerians "suffering" abroad never comeback home? If you can't make it in Canada, where will you make it; naija ?
Re: The True Reality About Migrating To Canada!!! by Cousin9999: 5:23am On Oct 26, 2020
boyka1:

A plumber charged me £48 for a minute job. I was gobsmacked when he said he charged someone £120 to fix his clogged toilet. Plumbers dey make mad money.

Tip: Watch the plumber when they fix something minor.

You'll find that inexpensive tools can take care of minor plumbing issues. But understand that you need to be very confident in what you're doing.
Re: The True Reality About Migrating To Canada!!! by RuggedSniper: 12:41pm On Nov 15, 2020
ednut1:
this is not true. The job many pr holders from Nigerians are using to hold body before their dream job comes is customer care agent not factory. Factory work is too hard abeg. Na students and assylum seekers dey do am pass. Customer care is easy to get so why enter factory to suffer
Word! This thread really cracked me up right from the first page. @ednut is one of 3 guys here who made absolute sense and gave truthful feedback.

1 Share

Re: The True Reality About Migrating To Canada!!! by RuggedSniper: 12:44pm On Nov 15, 2020

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The True Reality About Migrating To Canada!!! by BlackSan: 2:18pm On Jul 23, 2021
ednut1:
this is not true. The job many pr holders from Nigerians are using to hold body before their dream job comes is customer care agent not factory. Factory work is too hard abeg. Na students and assylum seekers dey do am pass. Customer care is easy to get so why enter factory to suffer

Quick question
Is it true that, to get a white collar job in Canada, you need to get a degree there?
Re: The True Reality About Migrating To Canada!!! by ednut1(m): 2:29pm On Jul 23, 2021
BlackSan:

Quick question
Is it true that, to get a white collar job in Canada, you need to get a degree there?
false, most times your experience is the key, i know many working with Nigerian degrees and there are some with Canadian degrees that can't get work in their fields
Re: The True Reality About Migrating To Canada!!! by BlackSan: 2:40pm On Jul 23, 2021
ednut1:
false, most times your experience is the key, i know many working with Nigerian degrees and there are some with Canadian degrees that can't get work in their fields

The thing is that I had initially planned on writing LSAT exam with a plan of schooling in the USA but, I decided to go to Canada to make my chances easier. But I don't know if it is necessary I learn other skills.
Re: The True Reality About Migrating To Canada!!! by Hybkay(m): 3:09pm On Apr 29, 2023
SocialJustice:
It is obvious you're just a hungry blogger who feels writing rubbish will make you special.

Canada is the land of milk and honey with the most polite people on earth.

My friend who got there 4 months ago has changed 3 jobs, she works online, already has her own apartment and can fend for herself fully. Last month she had her baby and the government is already paying her for having a baby with 1 year leave.

Do not compare Nigerian carpenters, plumbers, electricians to the one in Canada. Those guys are rich.
all lies!!! And the OP was not EV comparing Canada to Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arik Air To Buy Boeing Planes To Double Its Fleet / Enqiry About Life In Norway / Celebrities You've Met On Board, Airports And Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.