Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,641 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure (50163 Views)

Masked Niger-Delta Militants Root For Tinubu, Vow To Deliver Region For APC / Restructuring. Northern Leaders Root For 12 State Structure Oct.13 / Abia APGA Collapses State Structure Into APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by awgumayor: 9:28pm On Oct 13, 2020
gidgiddy:

There is no point agitating at this point in time when there is nothing to agitate for. The SS and SE are not autonomous reagions, the constitution of Nigeria does not even recognise them. When Nigeria reaches that point when it is agreed that Nigeria must restructure, then the agitation can start. If Nigeria agrees that there will 5 or 6 or even 7 Regions, everyone will have to choose which Region they will belong. Naturally, groups like Ohanaeze will canvass for all Igbo speaking communities to belong to one Region. A referendum will be held, and everyone will choose their Regions

I see a situation where 4 Regions might emerge from the South. The Yorubas in the West Region, the Ijaws,Bini, Urohbos in the Midwest Region, all Igbo speaking communities in the East Region, Akwa-Cross and Ogoni in the South/South Region.
My friend keep it up don't mind those divide Igbo and conquer. Ohaneze should be in this position that's their sole purpose of creation, to unite all Igbos scattered during war, but they abandoned it chasing after fat politicians. Military created states and boundaries without the consent of those affected and some people want it to remain so.

4 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 13, 2020
Ojiofor:

What if the so called Igbo speaking people of Niger delta decides to remain where they are, Are you going to force it down their throats?
In the west,The Yoruba speaking people of Northern extraction are the one agitating to be merged with their brothers in the west not the other way round.If they desire to be merged with us they should agitate for it.
They are asking for referendum nah
Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Goztino(m): 9:32pm On Oct 13, 2020
They are beginning to support restructuring now that global oil price is going down.

Bunch of jokes.
Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Igbodicool(m): 9:34pm On Oct 13, 2020
gidgiddy:

Theres no problem with this except that we Igbos are going to insist that all Igbo speaking people be put in the Eastern Region. This means that Igbanke in Edo state, Anioma in Delta state, Umuezeokoha in Benue state and Ikwerre, Ekpeye, Ahoada, Asa all Igbo speaking people in Rivers state be added to the present South East to make the Eastern Region.

Of course, all this will be by referendum to let everyone choose what Region they want to belong to
Biko remove Ikwerre from joining Igbo.
They should go and join their Bini kinsmen.
The only Igbo speaking community I will like to join us are Aniocha/Oshimili in Delta State then Ndoki and Ndoni/Egbema in Rivers State.
Others should go to hell.
Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by awgumayor: 9:35pm On Oct 13, 2020
lymelyte:
return to who? Na by force to be ibo? Why are you scared of been alone?
You don't want minorities to be with Igbos in Biafra, but you want Igbos to be minorities in Niger Delta. Hypocrite. You know that your Niger delta is nothing without the Ss igbos that's why you're shivering.
Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Ojiofor: 9:35pm On Oct 13, 2020
Baawahala:

They are asking for referendum nah

Who is asking for referendum,where and when?

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Skyehigher1: 9:53pm On Oct 13, 2020
Let go back to 1963al and it's Constitution
Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Burstbrain(m): 9:56pm On Oct 13, 2020
Haywhysat:
Better. We should have about 5 regions.

Western region, Middle belt, Niger Delta, Eastern region and Core North

Now that the country is no longer work, they want to restructure, anyway thank God they’re coming to there senses
Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by xcon: 9:58pm On Oct 13, 2020
gidgiddy:

Theres no problem with this except that we Igbos are going to insist that all Igbo speaking people be put in the Eastern Region. This means that Igbanke in Edo state, Anioma in Delta state, Umuezeokoha in Benue state and Ikwerre, Ekpeye, Ahoada, Asa all Igbo speaking people in Rivers state be added to the present South East to make the Eastern Region.

Of course, all this will be by referendum to let everyone choose what Region they want to belong to
God forbid I am anioma man I don't want to be part of the SE.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Ngorbungor(m): 10:07pm On Oct 13, 2020
xcon:
God forbid I am anioma man I don't want to be part of the SE.

See mumu, so you want to be a useless minority group in SS ? you no even get mouth for the south south self, well we no your type, when serious anioma people are talking, you will take a back back back sit, meaning you are an observer, nothing more
Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by swedbase(m): 10:37pm On Oct 13, 2020
gidgiddy:

Very correct
Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by xcon: 10:40pm On Oct 13, 2020
Ngorbungor:

Who said that ? You? Please don't just argue what you don't know, it's only ikwerre people that I know of, even at that they are divided on the matter, and we are not even bother about them, just two local government!!!, they should be worry about the Ijaw. But for others groups they have higher chance of joining the main stream Igbo and it will be better for them than becoming a useless minority group in the new proposed region.
l am ukuwani man I am not igbo and I don't need a referandom to decide who I am.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Daum: 10:42pm On Oct 13, 2020
engrchykae:
our brothers were separated from us and sold to benue,Edo.
We want our brothers back.
The igbanke in Edo and unuezeokoha in benue must be returned to us

Just forget igbanke.
You won't see one inch

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by lymelyte(m): 10:45pm On Oct 13, 2020
awgumayor:
You don't want minorities to be with Igbos in Biafra, but you want Igbos to be minorities in Niger Delta. Hypocrite. You know that your Niger delta is nothing without the Ss igbos that's why you're shivering.
see this one? Who dey follow una dey drag ppl? You had to open your mouth and talk trash. Who are the so called minority people you are talking about and what do they have to offer? Have you ever seen me or any Niger-deltan write about dragging any group of people here? ..
If I can remember correctly, you ibo's are the one dragging for people that haven't identify themselves as ibo's..

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Litmus: 10:45pm On Oct 13, 2020
You need more states not less. You need better state governors and more accountable and monitored state governors. You need a sort of government arm responsible for major regional development. So, more states but block development body whose existence will cut graft and the cost of bureaucracy by being responsible for handling major developments regionally. Unfortunately, we witnessed what occurred with that Niger Delta Development Commission.
Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Foookaaa: 11:57pm On Oct 13, 2020
I think Nigeria needs a system similar to Belgium where regions and communities are the federating units. For those concerned about economic viability, maybe we can have 6-8 regions who take over management of natural resources, police, health, education, roads and regional development. For those who care about Nigeria's ethnic nationalities especially the minorities, maybe every nationality should have a province where they control cultural issues, education (language of instruction), aspects of tourism and welfare policies, and maybe customary courts. I don't know. I think there is validity to a return to regionalism and the need for self-governments for ethnic nationalities.
Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by captianfreeman(m): 12:45am On Oct 14, 2020
Propaganda.
Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by dachisom(m): 1:00am On Oct 14, 2020
hmm...I hear say them don discover Gold for zamfara. now dem want restructuring
Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by tammie24: 1:53am On Oct 14, 2020
Funny
Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Yujin(m): 2:06am On Oct 14, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Oya go and build house there since na your own land.

Gbara gbara fere oke, owuru ala.
See am... na Igbo problem go kill you. Shameless impostor.
Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Yujin(m): 2:10am On Oct 14, 2020
xcon:
l am ukuwani man I am not igbo and I don't need a referandom to decide who I am.
Lol. An 'Ukuwani' man who can't spell 'Ukwuani'. Another shameless imp.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Yujin(m): 2:23am On Oct 14, 2020
iokpebholo:
mumu talk. Una dey look for minorities una go oppress abi?Stick with ur present south eastern states.Thank God river Niger don divide am already
Is good to shut up if you don't know anything about those groups he mentioned. Learn to speak from the position of knowledge and not just impulsively.
Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Yujin(m): 2:33am On Oct 14, 2020
Coldie:

How does the SE affairs concern u?

When we said we wanted it weren't u guys the ones call in us Ipob. U guys have succeeded in silencing us. So our verdict is that the status quo must continue.

We don't want where we will say our mind again and same u people from the west will call us ipob.

We patriotic citizens of the SE say no to restructuring
Another shameless impostor.
Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Yujin(m): 2:37am On Oct 14, 2020
Misterdhee1:

But these guys don't want to associate with their supposed igbo heritage, why is that your headache now? grin
Who told you so? You don't even know half of the groups he mentioned yet you just feel you can jump in and speak what doesn't concern you.
Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Yujin(m): 2:39am On Oct 14, 2020
IGBOSON1:

Anything created by the sneaky muslim northern military hegemony should be dismantled! That would mean going back to the 4-regional structure, because it’s from there that rain started beating us! We go back to the 4-regional structure, and then start reorganising/restructuring things from there! Any attempt to listen to these crafty northern oligarchs would mean the south rolling over and accepting the criminal advantages they stole for themselves via the military!

Some people think they’re smart!
Exactly.
Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Yujin(m): 3:06am On Oct 14, 2020
Coronabirus:

OTHERS HAVE BEEN MAKING AUDIO NOISE ABOUT RESTRUCTURING BUT THEY FAIL TO PRODUCE ANY DOCUMENT THAT WILL GUIDE & DEFINE THE TERM RESTRUCTURING TO THE NATION
After years of non committed propaganda by some groups, finally the real heroes have spoken. Media opposition & unguarded utterances are not enough to achieve a complex achievable policy objectives. If my southern brothers were serious about restructuring they would've followed the legal and acceptable way to push their agenda rather than just calling others names for agenda they can't even define. Though restructuring is opposition in disguise now the real men make the right move, through legal & acceptable means to get the nation restructured.
Average Northerners don't like the current marriage if you doubt me go & see their social media reactions about Nigeria. The political class want Nigeria to remain in their hands for personal gain. The reality is we need to restructure in the interest of all not the way Igbos want it. Igbos hate Nigeria with passion & they only want her fall down which they can never witness (I'm not instigating them but it can be seen clearly in their utterances).
Northerners have leadership DNA, this can be seen from this proposal. The truth is North isn't rejecting restructuring but they've consistently been asking what are we going to restructure? When they ask this question all the agitators look confuse in their definition of restructuring with no clear direction. North understood the sinister in 2014 CONFAB which have about 800 representatives from a state with less than 2m people and Kano was asked to be represented with less than 100 delegates. There were lots of selfishness agenda in the CONFAB.
If not because of ignorance of governance, how can you be asking President to restructure a nation or use unconstitutional CONFAB to restructure while we've NASS & everyone is fully represented in the house? Legislators are responsible for making laws not Executives but the barking dogs are always shooting at a wrong target.
Their ignorance of governance couldn't come with clear request for restructuring untill North seize this chance to use the opportunity of constitutional amendment offered by NASS asking every group to submit their demands.
I hope the restructuring will involve 85% resource control by states not selfish sinister of leeches hiding behind region to extort and drain other states with FG retaining the remaining 25%. Many people see sovereign nation as a toy game; we've military, foreign envoys, foreign and local intelligence, security agencies, and lots of other critical govt organs which require good funding for the nation to remain relevance in he eye of the world. Now Nigerians are hated almost everywhere in the world which is attributed to the bad attitude of few Nigerians exported to others nations, we need to be stronger in this chaos & war prone world because the moment we're weaken militarily & financially some little countries will threaten our existence!
Spoken like a true fulani. Admittedly, non of the southern groups shouting restructuring have been able to forward any plan for deliberation. It's left for them to wake up from their slumber.
Igbos rightly hate the Nigerian system which has been designed to treat us as lesser people and this we will never accept. No ethnic group has invested in Nigeria like Ndigbo yet what do we get in return? Hate and Envy. The killings of our people over the years may mean nothing to you but to us, they are indelible marks one too many. Nigeria has expired and there's need for negotiation whether to renew it or not... This is how things are done.
Building a new nation is certainly not an easy one but a determined people with good leadership can do it. There are basically two things reasonable humans need to achieve their highest potential and those things are freedom and peace. This can never be got in Nigera... our value system is at variance. Your people love religious oppression (selective sharia in the 21st century) while we don't.
Now here's the hypocritical part of your post. You've condemned the confab report citing some 800 reps from a 'less than 2million' people yet you've been comfortable with the lopsided arrangements over decades that your brothers in the military created for your region. How many local governments do Kano state have and how much is Kano contributing to the economy? You want to always be the group telling others what to do and never accepting that of others right? Any way, the die has been cast. Everyone is up now eagle eyed to analyse and scrutinize every suggestion so as to avoid regrets. This is the 21st century.
Freedom is near.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Yujin(m): 3:14am On Oct 14, 2020
IGBOSON1:

Don’t know on what basis you’re calling me a parasite simply because i want all Igbo under one roof!

Your problem is that you’re such a calculating, greedy muthafucker that you see everything through the prism of pecuniary and monetary gain! You can’t seem to wrap your head around the fact that for some, family; brotherhood; kinship; and sharing all mean more than plotting who the next victim for exploitation would be!
He knows what's doing. You see, all these ones against what gidgiddy wrote hate to see a United Igbo because it scares the living day out of them. We must stand on it.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by engrchykae(m): 8:00am On Oct 14, 2020
Daum:

Just forget igbanke.
You won't see one inch
says who?
Remember the invasion of the Midwest
Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Daum: 8:03am On Oct 14, 2020
engrchykae:
says who?
Remember the invasion of the Midwest

Happened within few days and you guys left. We had no business with the war and we didn't see it as a tribal conflict. But let me remind you and your kind that nurse that idea, one inch of what is in Edo state won't go to you guys that's if we even allow you people come close to Agbor.
Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by gidgiddy: 8:20am On Oct 14, 2020
Foookaaa:
I think Nigeria needs a system similar to Belgium where regions and communities are the federating units. For those concerned about economic viability, maybe we can have 6-8 regions who take over management of natural resources, police, health, education, roads and regional development. For those who care about Nigeria's ethnic nationalities especially the minorities, maybe every nationality should have a province where they control cultural issues, education (language of instruction), aspects of tourism and welfare policies, and maybe customary courts. I don't know. I think there is validity to a return to regionalism and the need for self-governments for ethnic nationalities.

For me, any restructuring that is not to Regions is pointless. 4 Regions may come out of the South, Yoruba Region, Edo-Ijaw Region, Igbo Region and Akwa-Cross Region. All 4 Regions must have resource control, Regional police and Regional prime minister or Premier.

With this, No one will feel cheated
Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by orisa37: 8:31am On Oct 14, 2020
NO. NO. NO.

THAT'S A FAILURE OF POLICIES SINCE 1967

THE NORTH MAY BE SICK AND WANT TREATMENT.

BUT THE SOUTH IS NOT SICK, NOT LOOKING BACKWARDS AND WANTS TO IMPROVE AND MOVE ON AND BUILD ON THE 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES STRUCTURE WHICH IS HOW FAR WE HAVE REACHED FROM 1960, 60 YEARS AGO.

ALL WE WANT NOW IS FULL AUTONOMY OF POLICE, SOURCING AND APPLICATION OF RESOURCES AND ELECTIONS FOR OUR 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES NOW AND LIMIT FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO FOREIGN AFFAIRS MILITARY AND TREATIES ONLY
Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by sanesta: 8:58am On Oct 14, 2020
Coldie:

Same with akwa ibom/cross rivers. It was marginalization of akwa ibom people by cross rivers that turned lots of them into house maids back in the days
now, Akwa Ibom is more developed than cross river

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Emotional Clap Back To Fayose's Tweet Against Buhari That Has Gone Viral / Nigerians Made The Mistake Of Voting For Buhari - Fayose / Should Jonathan Have Declared His Presidential Ambition Despite The Bomb Blast?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.