Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,886 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure (50200 Views)

Masked Niger-Delta Militants Root For Tinubu, Vow To Deliver Region For APC / Restructuring. Northern Leaders Root For 12 State Structure Oct.13 / Abia APGA Collapses State Structure Into APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Rugaria: 6:14pm On Oct 13, 2020
omenka:
This attitude of us blaming EVERYTHING in the NORTH is the reason our respective states government get away with all manner of crimes against our people. They feel they owe us no responsibility whatsoever, because regardless of what they do, we will BLAME THE NORTH.

I am not sold to this nonsense of blaming the north over everything. I prefer to ask, first of all, what has my successive state governments got to show for the allocations they've received over the years? Ditto local government chairmen, Senators and Representatives. What is there to show?

Is the North the reason why a Southern governor's brother who has no visible source of income, drive the most exotic cars and build the most luxurious houses and buy the choicest properties?

Is the North the reason Southern government officials populate employment vacancies with their family members?

Is the North the reason a Southern state governor owing aged pensioners go on to collect billions in "security votes"?

Are they the reason we have comatose public health and educational systems in the South?

Are they the reason why our state houses of assemblies have become rubber stamps for the executive and the speakers exalted houseboys of the governors?

Are they the reason Southern Senators and Reps collect constituency allowance and pocket same without executing a single project?

The questions are endless!

We should stop blaming the North and hold our very own leaders to account for once. That is what an educated man would do.

It has actually gone beyond apportioning blames... I'm stating the facts the way they are. The problem is that you seem to chose which evil you will see. Pls, who wrote the 1999 Constitution? Who dominated power post 1970 and have continiously fabricated all sorts of sickening papers which are forced down our throats as the costitution? Who wrote a weird Constitution that has Made it seemingly impossible to make any significant structural changes unless we get the permission of almost every state, including those benefitting from the Injustice about to be upturned? Referendum? Allocations formula? State creation? Those that control the coercive instruments of the state, controls power! It's that simple. The police? The army, the civil defence? How do I jump those huddles to effect changes in my state without being silenced? How do state governors even take charge, when a state commissioner can easily disobey him, or arrest him (ala Ngige) and nothing happens? You are just muddling the facts. Under the present structure, state governor/states and other 'lesser' positions are basically at the whims of the presidency, and the north has been dictating who assumes that position post 1970. So yes, the progenitors of the dominant political ideologies are very much responsible for mess that is Nigeria today..

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by loveth360(f): 6:14pm On Oct 13, 2020
Juliusmalema:

grin grin

I am serious. That gate was budgeted before erected..

Dismantling the gate was total disrespect to border agreement. That man that did that needs to be flogged.

Uptill now asaba have not returned our gate..

Since you won't apologize, pls give us our gate back.
We have the gate sold to akpakara people at head-bridge by ph road.

And the money was used as covid 19 Palliative grin grin
Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by omenka(m): 6:18pm On Oct 13, 2020
Rugaria:

It has actually gone beyond apportioning blames... I'm stating the facts the way they are. The problem is that you seem to chose which evil you will see. Pls, who wrote the 1999 Constitution? Who dominated power power post 1970 and have continiously fabricated all sorts of sickening papers which are forced down our throats as the costitution? Who wrote a weird Constitution that has Made it seemingly impossible to make any significant structural changes unless we get the permission of almost every state, including those benefitting from the Injustice about to be upturned? Referendum? Allocations formula? State creation? Those that control the coercive instruments of the state, controls power! It's that simple. The police? The army, the civil defence? How do I jump those huddles to effect changes in my state without being silenced? How do state governors even take charge, when a state commissioner can easily disobey him, or arrest him (ala Ngige) and nothing happens? You are just muddling the facts. Under the present structure, state governor/states and other 'lesser' positions are basically at the whims of the presidency, and the north has been dictating who assumes that position post 1970. So yes, the progenitors of the dominant political ideologies are very much responsible for mess that is Nigeria today..
"You choose which evil you will see".

Interesting. That sums up everything about you. I didnt bother reading the remaining portions of what you wrote because it would amount to a waste of precious time.

By the way, I've got an advice for you, learn to make paragraphs on what you write. It makes it more legible.

Good night.

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 13, 2020
loveth360:
We have the gate sold to akpakara people at head-bridge by ph road.

And the money was used as covid 19 Palliative grin grin

Palliative on someone's gate..?
Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by LordOfTheGame: 6:25pm On Oct 13, 2020
North is always greedy about Nigeria. Always wanting to cheat the rest of the people thinking that they're smart. Regional system or total disintegration of that country.

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by guychidile: 6:26pm On Oct 13, 2020
gba gam! a step in the right direction if applied
Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by loveth360(f): 6:30pm On Oct 13, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Palliative on someone's gate..?
Yes na!

When hunger is dealing with people,instead of feeding them you go and build gate that is of no use.

You people are still owning us money we spends in carrying it to where it was soldgrin grin
Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Chidecmail: 6:31pm On Oct 13, 2020
Misterdhee1:

How come you're the one fighting for those people? Not for once have we seen igbos from those states you mentioned come out and ask to be recognized as easterners. All these attache by force ideas en
Are you really educated?
How can an igbo man attach himself to another igbo man?
Your Education in Nigeria have made you people more stupid in the world.
Someone created an artificial boundary to divide a people and your advertising stupidity. Egbema divided into two a part in Rivers state and another in IMO state and you poor education will tell you they are not same people because one idiot created an artificial boundary?.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Excuses: 6:33pm On Oct 13, 2020
LoveThemChubby:

I guess you didn't even read the small piece. Of all the regions clamoring for restructuring, which of them have ever come up with a memorandum as to how they enviseage the new structures to be? They just keep shouting restructuring which to many simply means let the oil producers control their oil without looking at other key factors of what restructuring entails.
Instead of allowing hate to blind us, let us open up our minds so we can see good when and where it exists

Good mention..

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by macjireh: 6:34pm On Oct 13, 2020
eyiolarhomisore:
I foresee Nigeria breaking before 2023
u foresee wrongly oga...Nigeria will still be one,,but restructuring back to regions is more certain than breaking... go back and look again
Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Excuses: 6:35pm On Oct 13, 2020
tsagir:
WHAT PREVENT GEJ TO IMPLEMENT THE LAST CONF. ?

He lacked the capacity now, as it was then!

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 13, 2020
loveth360:
Yes na!

When hunger is dealing with people,instead of feeding them you go and build gate that is of no use.

You people are still owning us money we spends in carrying it to where it was soldgrin grin

Which hunger?

Did you hear of any awawa youths or one million boys here?

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Rugaria: 6:37pm On Oct 13, 2020
omenka:
"You choose which evil you will see".

Interesting. That sums up everything about you. I didnt bother reading the remaining portions of what you wrote because it would amount to a waste of precious time.

By the way, I've got an advice for you, learn to make paragraphs on what you write. It makes it more legible.

Good night.

Thanks but no thanks for your "wonderful advise"...
Now run along to the backyard and play with your mates... Right now, I don't have time for some wannabe ego tripper...

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Kwara1stson: 6:40pm On Oct 13, 2020
Abouwaza:
Fvck restructuring
Seccession is a goal
Oduduwa is here to stay
Imagine sharing country with slowones that wants sars to remain
Never
I just wish my mother's people(Kanuris) will not suffer in the hands of these retarded minds when we leave
oduduwa republic or nothing
Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Emotionss: 6:45pm On Oct 13, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
Haywhysat:
Better. We should have about 5 regions.

Western region, Middle belt, Niger Delta, Eastern region and Core North

I support this 100000%
Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by loveth360(f): 6:48pm On Oct 13, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Which hunger?

Did you hear of any awawa youths or one million boys here?
Of course there was nothing like that.

Our people are not known for such kind of life.

No be say hunger no dey but we manage ourselves by helping the poorest among us.
Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Excuses: 6:49pm On Oct 13, 2020
omenka:
This attitude of us blaming EVERYTHING on the NORTH is the reason our respective states government get away with all manner of crimes against our people. They feel they owe us no responsibility whatsoever, because regardless of what they do, we will BLAME THE NORTH.

I am not sold to this nonsense of blaming the north over everything. I prefer to ask, first of all, what has my successive state governments got to show for the allocations they've received over the years? Ditto local government chairmen, Senators and Representatives. What is there to show?

Is the North the reason why a Southern governor's brother who has no visible source of income, drive the most exotic cars and build the most luxurious houses and buy the choicest properties?

Is the North the reason Southern government officials populate employment vacancies with their family members?

Is the North the reason a Southern state governor owing aged pensioners go on to collect billions in "security votes"?

Are they the reason we have comatose public health and educational systems in the South?

Are they the reason why our state houses of assemblies have become rubber stamps for the executive and the speakers exalted houseboys of the governors?

Are they the reason Southern Senators and Reps collect constituency allowance and pocket same without executing a single project?

The questions are endless!

We should stop blaming the North and hold our very own leaders to account for once. That is what an educated man would do.

May God bless you forever...they keep having night mares because of north..no northern state is owing salaries or pension..the little we are given we manage it..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Kirigidi(m): 6:54pm On Oct 13, 2020
gidgiddy:

Theres no problem with this except that we Igbos are going to insist that all Igbo speaking people be put in the Eastern Region. This means that Igbanke in Edo state, Anioma in Delta state, Umuezeokoha in Benue state and Ikwerre, Ekpeye, Ahoada, Asa all Igbo speaking people in Rivers state be added to the present South East to make the Eastern Region.

Of course, all this will be by referendum to let everyone choose what Region they want to belong to
What if those places you mentioned refused to be merged to Eastern Region saying they are not Igbos, will you force them to join your region?

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Misterdhee1(m): 6:57pm On Oct 13, 2020
Chidecmail:

Are you really educated?
How can an igbo man attach himself to another igbo man?
Your Education in Nigeria have made you people more stupid in the world.
Someone created an artificial boundary to divide a people and your advertising stupidity. Egbema divided into two a part in Rivers state and another in IMO state and you poor education will tell you they are not same people because one idiot created an artificial boundary?.
Mr., your education is a waste - if at all you ever stepped beyond high school. People have the rights to claim who they are without being pressured into accepting whatever links they share in common with others. How come it's you igbos that want those guys you mentioned to claim igbos when they themselves have repeatedly rejected the claims that they are igbos? What's this attache by force mentality that you guys are shamelessly exhibiting upandan? Are you scared of being alone? Why force other to claim igbos when they don't want to? Haaba

4 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Excuses: 6:58pm On Oct 13, 2020
Dminister:
You are claiming people that are not Igbo. Go and read about the people of Ikwere. They are from Edo state and not igbo, Igbo language only influenced their patrilineal language because Igbo people dominated the ikwere people land... Igbanke people also had similar experience the reason they speak Igbo.

Nice one bro, this arguments are educative in alot if ways..never knew these before..

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Dminister(m): 7:00pm On Oct 13, 2020
Excuses:

Nice one bro, this arguments are educative in alot if ways..never knew these before..

Yes it is good to learn. We learn everyday.
Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by AustineJohn908(m): 7:03pm On Oct 13, 2020
Coldie:
Tell me what resources u want to control in the east?
what of Gas
Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by babsbolad: 7:05pm On Oct 13, 2020
Rugaria:

According to you, Aworis and their lagos are Yorubas and should be in the SW, but SS igbos are not igbos and should be in another region, abi? Devider in chief.. . , This ur brain dey work overtime ooo..

Let's stop being tribalistic all the time. You and I know quite well that a large number of each of the three major tribes in Nigeria are found in other states of the country. Take for instance, just like as a large number of ibos are found in Rivers, Delta, etc so we have Yorubas in whooping sum in Kwara ( termed as northerners) and Kogi ( of course they dominated an entire senatorial district there ).Back to the Aworis, they are Yorubas and in the SW (where they belong) and will always remain in the south west.

4 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Ngorbungor(m): 7:06pm On Oct 13, 2020
Kirigidi:
What if those places you mentioned refused to be merged to Eastern Region saying they are not Igbos, will you force them to join your region?

Is better they join, sincerely speaking half of the group he listed anove will rejoin their brothers in the East and they will have a say if they do than putting Edo, Ijaw, Ibibio with them, they will become useless minority in the ND
Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Coldie(m): 7:06pm On Oct 13, 2020
AustineJohn908:
what of Gas
I am Igbo by tribe from imo state, I know resources we can control in the east but for us t9 have access to it we must have Igbo presidency so we can develop them fully.

Till then leave it like that
Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by BlissMentors(m): 7:07pm On Oct 13, 2020
Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Excuses: 7:10pm On Oct 13, 2020
yemmit90:

What you dont know is that, if the terms and conditions propose by the North not go down well with the rest of other regions, people will simply start advocating for total disintegration of the country, and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

This is not 1967, no one will go into any civil war to achieve this. The south are too big and sophisticated enough to do it with ease if they truely wanted to.

Well said bro..I would've love to agree with you but you see, Britain will not allow that & that includes US..US will always respect the opinions of their mother on its colonies..from which they still benefit..it's politics you know, as usual north will have upper hand and advantages..let's hope everything works perfectly for the benefit of all that's my earnest wish..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Ngorbungor(m): 7:10pm On Oct 13, 2020
prigoz:

Just like no railways in entire South East but one empty brain at Aso Rock is busy building some to Niger Republic

The one that start from PH to ABA to Umuahia to Enugu is called what

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by AustineJohn908(m): 7:11pm On Oct 13, 2020
Coldie:

I am Igbo by tribe from imo state, I know resources we can control in the east but for us t9 have access to it we must have Igbo presidency so we can develop them fully.

Till then leave it like that
Ok then. una choice. but we in the Niger delta we want restructuring. I want to control my oil.
I'm from Akwa ibom by the way

4 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by engrchykae(m): 7:12pm On Oct 13, 2020
Coldie:

Tell me what u want to restructure in the east?
our brothers were separated from us and sold to benue,Edo.
We want our brothers back.
The igbanke in Edo and unuezeokoha in benue must be returned to us
Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Coldie(m): 7:16pm On Oct 13, 2020
engrchykae:
our brothers were separated from us and sold to benue,Edo.
We want our brothers back.
The igbanke in Edo and unuezeokoha in benue must be returned to us
Are u d ones wanting them back or they want u back?

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure by Excuses: 7:17pm On Oct 13, 2020
gidgiddy:

The problem with this narrative is that nobody managed to tell us how those from Edo have Igbo surnames. Did Igbo also dominate them to point of forcing them to drop their ancestral surname and adopt Igbo surnames? Amaechi, Omehia and Wike are surnames of past and serving Ikwerre Governors of Rivers and those names are Igbo. How did Igbos get their forefathers to abandon their ancestral Bini surnames for Igbo?

Well thought out and articulated observation...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Charly Boy Condemns Appointment Of Nengi Over First-Class Graduate / Trump Solidarity Rally: Pro-Biafra Agitators, Soldiers Clash, Scores Wounded / Olaniran Akanfe Atidade Escapes Assassination, Hides In Bush For 2 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.