Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,043 members, 7,814,560 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Advantages Of Early Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advantages Of Early Marriage (1974 Views)

Under Age Girls And Early Marriage... / Are There Advantages In Marrying More Than One Wife? / The Power Of Early Morning Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advantages Of Early Marriage by JOBgame(m): 11:10am On Oct 13, 2020
planning to get married at 22 rigth or wrong

1 Like

Re: Advantages Of Early Marriage by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 13, 2020
same here,thats the best decision you can ever take.My mom did and you won't believe we are her kids if you see my brothers and I. She's still so young and very beautiful.I want to have all my kids before 30

2 Likes

Re: Advantages Of Early Marriage by Biglittlelois(f): 11:21am On Oct 13, 2020
That age can be right or wrong for some people, one's perspective on the right time to marry differs, some prefer when they are in their teens, early twenties, mid, late, or early thirties,

Age and time doesnt guarantee a long and fulfilled happy home, early childbirth, or a wonderful spouse, pray to get married at the right time and to the right partner.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advantages Of Early Marriage by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 13, 2020
Getting married is not an achievement, don't bring misfortune upon yourself, who are you trying to impress and where are you hurrying to?

9 Likes

Re: Advantages Of Early Marriage by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 13, 2020
danyero:
Getting married is not an achievement, don't bring misfortune upon yourself, who are you trying to impress and where are you hurrying to?
what is the misfortune if he decides to marry early?
Re: Advantages Of Early Marriage by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 13, 2020
Zzor:
what is the misfortune if he decides to marry early?
Marriage is a venture that requires the kind of mental and financial capability most young adults do not possess. If he goes into it in the underdeveloped state of a 22year old, he is setting himself up for depression, anxiety and general unhappiness.

12 Likes

Re: Advantages Of Early Marriage by Nobody: 2:34pm On Oct 13, 2020
danyero:
Marriage is a venture that requires the kind of mental and financial capability most young adults do not possess. If he goes into it in the underdeveloped state of a 22year old, he is setting himself up for depression, anxiety and general unhappiness.
You are somehow right,but what if he's prepared both mentally and financially
Re: Advantages Of Early Marriage by seyenko(m): 2:44pm On Oct 13, 2020
In today's environment of uncertainty, it maybe best to future proof yourself and your future family by ensuring you are financially, academically and job ready before marrying.

I have mates who married early with kids even in universities but they are struggling because they did not deepen their educational achievements to command better jobs in the future.

While i got married close to 40 with about 7 certifications and a Master's Degree. I happen to bailout my friends who married early because they have not been able to climb the job market with just a BSc.

So you need to decide what the future will hold for you. Our parents time was very different.

JOBgame:

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advantages Of Early Marriage by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 13, 2020
Zzor:
You are somehow right,but what if he's prepared both mentally and financially
It's my personal opinion, but I don't think any mentally upright man or one who cares about self development would even consider taking on the burden of a family so early.

6 Likes

Re: Advantages Of Early Marriage by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 13, 2020
danyero:
It's my personal opinion, but I don't think any mentally upright man or one who cares about self development would even consider taking on the burden of a family so early.
our fathers did and it turned out well,so?
Re: Advantages Of Early Marriage by Magnoliaa(f): 2:51pm On Oct 13, 2020
Are you ready?

It depends on you.
Re: Advantages Of Early Marriage by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 13, 2020
Zzor:
our fathers did and it turned out well,so?
There is a world of difference between their time and ours.

11 Likes

Re: Advantages Of Early Marriage by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 13, 2020
danyero:
There is a world of difference between their time and ours.
For a man,you may be right but it's good for ladies who believe in marriage to marry early,the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.
Re: Advantages Of Early Marriage by egojeny1(f): 3:05pm On Oct 13, 2020
Hmm, getting married at the age of 22 as a boy or a man?? Pls don't try it o. Marriage is not a bed of roses. What we're seeing in marriages today is nothing to write home about.
Biko, try and develop yourself financially, emotionally, physically and spiritually before you talk of anything marriage. To be forewarned is to be forearmed.

3 Likes

Re: Advantages Of Early Marriage by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 13, 2020
Zzor:
For a man,you may be right but it's good for ladies who believe in marriage to marry early,the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.
Since most young men are not ready for marriage, our young women should consider polygamy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Advantages Of Early Marriage by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 13, 2020
danyero:
Since most young men are not ready for marriage, our young women should consider polygamy cheesy
Poly wetin? please please please,dont just go there.
Re: Advantages Of Early Marriage by bukatyne(f): 3:13pm On Oct 13, 2020
JOBgame:

Early marriage is admirable.

However, you don't wake up 21 and decide to marry at 22, you should have carefully developed yourself financially, emotionally and spiritually over the years to be able to lead a home.

Unfortunately, in Nigeria of today, that would be a rare sight to see. The guys who would have gathered such knowledge at a very young age (by saddling financial responsibilities) are usually tinted with hardness and bitterness from hardship.

I would say 25 - 26 for men who want to marry early.

Finish schooling, get a job and navigate office politics a bit before venturing into marriage.

4 Likes

Re: Advantages Of Early Marriage by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 13, 2020
bukatyne:

However, you don't wake up 21 and decide to marry at 22, you should have carefully developed yourself financially, emotionally and spiritually over the years to be able to lead a home.

Unfortunately, in Nigeria of today, that would be a rare sight to see. The guys who would have gathered such knowledge at a very young age (by saddling financial responsibilities) are usually tinted with hardness and bitterness from hardship.

Finish schooling, get a job and navigate office politics a bit before venturing into marriage.
you are always on point.My regards to your husband,hes really treating you well.
Re: Advantages Of Early Marriage by Klass99(f): 3:52pm On Oct 13, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Advantages Of Early Marriage by angelfallz(m): 4:03pm On Oct 13, 2020
bukatyne:

Wise words
Re: Advantages Of Early Marriage by fati2001(m): 5:24pm On Oct 13, 2020
ur choice.
Re: Advantages Of Early Marriage by merieam16(f): 5:25pm On Oct 13, 2020
bukatyne:

1 Like

Re: Advantages Of Early Marriage by thorpido(m): 6:00pm On Oct 13, 2020
Biglittlelois:
That age can be right or wrong for some people, one's perspective on the right time to marry differs, some prefer when they are in their teens, early twenties, mid, late, or early thirties, age and time doesnt guarantee a long and fulfilled happy home, early childbirth, or a wonderful spouse, pray to get married at the right time and to the right partner.
bukatyne:

Wise words.
It's not about age Op,other factors come in.
Re: Advantages Of Early Marriage by bukatyne(f): 6:17pm On Oct 13, 2020
Zzor:
you are always on point.My regards to your husband,hes really treating you well.

Hahahahahahahaha, thanks, he will hear. Am I permitted to ask why?

@thorpido and @Angelfallz

Thanks.
Re: Advantages Of Early Marriage by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 13, 2020
bukatyne:

Thanks.
You are obviously enjoying your marriage from your comments,maybe you married an elderly man.
Re: Advantages Of Early Marriage by angelfallz(m): 6:30pm On Oct 13, 2020
bukatyne:

Thanks.

why what exactly?

1 Like

Re: Advantages Of Early Marriage by bukatyne(f): 6:46pm On Oct 13, 2020
Zzor:
You are obviously enjoying your marriage from your comments,maybe you married an elderly man.

Elderly kwa?

Can't stand older men.

1 Like

Re: Advantages Of Early Marriage by bukatyne(f): 6:46pm On Oct 13, 2020
angelfallz:

why what exactly?

Questions was to Zzor

1 Like

Re: Advantages Of Early Marriage by iamyemiakins(m): 7:17pm On Oct 13, 2020
If both parties are mentally, financially, spiritually and physically ready, then it's a go ahead. But make sure you know what you're doing before taking such decision.
Re: Advantages Of Early Marriage by tobechi74: 10:54pm On Oct 13, 2020
Early marriage, early wahala
Late marriage,late wahala

Marrying when one is not yet matured Id not advise able
Marry when you know your life purpose
If marriage were compulsory, Jesus would have done so.I am not against the idea of getting married. I am only saying marriage is not for everyone. The assumption that one can only be fulfilled while married is false . Many propeller of this fallacy quote the Bible to back up their claim.

It is not good for man to be alone

It is not good for anyone to be alone . Eve was to be a companion and not a marriage partner . One can feel alone while being married . The verse only validates the fact that no one is an Ireland. We need someone to lean on . Marriage is a concept created by man to bring order in the society. No one has been arrested for choosing to remain single.

Many of us get married because we need kids. There are many orphans down there craving to get married. Go adopt them . Except off course you are searching for your own child to shower selfish love .

Everyone is meant to have children. Eli the priest was not meant to have children as that would disturb his mission on Earth so his wife womb was shut for years. Having a wife would not affect his goal. After persistent prayer, he finally had a child. He had to choose between disciplining his children or spending time in the church. He chose the later. His children became wayward.

Zaccharia was another priest who had difficulty in having a son.It was not until he was very old that he was permitted too. This tells us that those who are called to work in God institution are not meant to have children as that could affect their work .They are permitted to have a helper, a partner, a wife ,a maid etc.

This brings me to the only reason to get married .We should get married when getting married enables us to achieve our life purpose.

Jesus knew his mission on Earth .He knew it involves wandering from one place to another spreading the message. The stress of travelling with his family all the Tim would slow down his movement. He could not afford to take them to the mountain and through the sea. He knew his message would invoke the wrath of the pharasees who would happily transfer their aggression to his wife and children . Peter who was already married had to leave his wife behind to follow Jesus. His wife must have felt sad as a result. His children must have been angry with their father for being unavailable. It is better not to get married than to abandon your partner midway. one had to pace way for another.

Marriage is settling down . Those whose purpose involve moving around have no business settling down.A Catholic priest could be posted to three different countries in a year as part of missionary work. Relocating their family all the time would prove cumbersome. This is why Catholic priest do not get married. I am not condemning clergy who get married. I only ask that each should examine the nature of his calling. One who is fixed at a particular place to grow an already planted church can marry. Missionaries who go about converting people and planting churches can abstain.

https://tobechispeaks./2020/09/25/the-major-reason-jesus-never-got-married/
Re: Advantages Of Early Marriage by Notatribalist(m): 6:26am On Oct 14, 2020
JOBgame:
At 22 your brain is still developing oh..I suggest you wait till 25
Re: Advantages Of Early Marriage by crackhaus: 3:56pm On Oct 15, 2020
bukatyne:

Elderly kwa?

Can't stand older men.
Lol, what did older men ever do to you?

Since we are talking about 'older' people, allow me to use this opportunity to wish you a Happy Super Duper Born-day cheesy

It's about time you removed that personal text on your profile, it's been two years dammnit gringrin

iJoke iJoke... cheesy

Do have a good one, cheerios...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Would You Seek For Divorce If This Happened To You? / Should I Leave Or Stay? / Understand The Difference Between Second Cousins And Cousins Once Removed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.