Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,663 members, 7,823,879 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Q&A: Why Some Couples Don't Enjoy Sex Anymore [PHOTOS] - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Q&A: Why Some Couples Don't Enjoy Sex Anymore [PHOTOS] (4949 Views)

Men Don't Wear Clothes Anymore (photos) / My Girlfriend Doesn't Want Sex Anymore / She Deflowered Me, Says No Sex Anymore As She Turns Born-Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Q&A: Why Some Couples Don't Enjoy Sex Anymore [PHOTOS] by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 6:42pm On Oct 14, 2020
Yes! I got your attention and i promise to make it worthwhile.

But first, let me add this

DISCLAIMER:

Everything in this post are just opinions and partly picked from experience and research, i am not a marriage counsellor or sex therapist.

Now that we have that cleared out, let's proceed!

I have seen several married couples and noticed how sexually distant they are - just by their gestures and attempts of intimacy in public.

Thing is, some of them aren't sexually active and frown at any sex hype they stumble across - because they can no longer relate and find sex tiring.

There are many reasons why couples may not enjoy sex or find it interesting. Here are a FEW

Cont'd in the comments.

Re: Q&A: Why Some Couples Don't Enjoy Sex Anymore [PHOTOS] by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 6:43pm On Oct 14, 2020
1. IT HAS ALREADY BECOME A CHORE.

Yes! Chores can be boring and very repetitive. Some couples turn sex into chores.

They either only have sex when they need kids or repeat the same position every time they are in bed.

It gets dry and both partners can't look forward to anything new. To handle this, couples should try to be more receptive and explore sex guilt-free.

2 Likes

Re: Q&A: Why Some Couples Don't Enjoy Sex Anymore [PHOTOS] by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 6:44pm On Oct 14, 2020
2. 0% ROMANCE

Here's another big culprit!

When there is no seduction, pre-intimacy or caressing of any kind - there might be problems.

A good number of couples prefer not to beat about the bush and go straight to the point - denying themselves of immense pleasure!

This shortens sex, makes it less intimate and more robotic.

1 Like

Re: Q&A: Why Some Couples Don't Enjoy Sex Anymore [PHOTOS] by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 6:45pm On Oct 14, 2020
3. BAD RELATIONSHIP OUTSIDE THE BEDROOM

What happens when two couples are not in bed?

Do they have a healthy relationship, use pet names or happy they are together

If the reverse is the case, there is a good chance love-making won't be any different.

1 Like

Re: Q&A: Why Some Couples Don't Enjoy Sex Anymore [PHOTOS] by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 6:46pm On Oct 14, 2020
4. KIDS CAME IN THE WAY

Children are blessings, but they can also ruin what happens in the other room.

Why? Responsibilities increase and the marriage starts to feel more burdensome!

To handle this, couples need to strike a balance, not get carried away and keep their sex life burning!

1 Like

Re: Q&A: Why Some Couples Don't Enjoy Sex Anymore [PHOTOS] by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 6:47pm On Oct 14, 2020
5. THEY ARE SHY TO TALK THINGS OUT

It will surprise you to know that some couples don't know how to have sex at the very basic level.

Instead of talking it out, trying, failing and getting better - many choose to keep quiet and assume they are doing it well.

One partner may want it more than the other

One partner may prefer one position more

No one will know without talking!

Re: Q&A: Why Some Couples Don't Enjoy Sex Anymore [PHOTOS] by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 6:49pm On Oct 14, 2020
That is all i can pour out from my head and trust me, i know marriages that fall in all 5 categories!

Do you agree or disagree with any?

Drop a comment smiley
Re: Q&A: Why Some Couples Don't Enjoy Sex Anymore [PHOTOS] by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 6:51pm On Oct 14, 2020
If you're married, please talk to your spouse more before, during or after sex.

Don't be angry by the response, nobody is perfect.

Ask if he/she enjoyed it, what could have made it better etc.

Silent treatment before, during and after sex is old-school and does not help

nwaezeemmanuel:
5. THEY ARE SHY TO TALK THINGS OUT

It will surprise you to know that some couples don't know how to have sex at the very basic level.

Instead of talking it out, trying, failing and getting better - many choose to keep quiet and assume they are doing it well.

One partner may want it more than the other

One partner may prefer one position more

No one will know without talking!
Re: Q&A: Why Some Couples Don't Enjoy Sex Anymore [PHOTOS] by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 6:55pm On Oct 14, 2020
Try to switch things up!

Sex becomes boring when things get monotonous.

If you're religious, trying different moves with your spouse is not a sin - you are both free to do whatever you wish to do (as much as it is healthy and approved)

nwaezeemmanuel:
1. IT HAS ALREADY BECOME A CHORE.

Yes! Chores can be boring and very repetitive. Some couples turn sex into chores.

They either only have sex when they need kids or repeat the same position every time they are in bed.

It gets dry and both partners can't look forward to anything new. To handle this, couples should try to be more receptive and explore sex guilt-free.
Re: Q&A: Why Some Couples Don't Enjoy Sex Anymore [PHOTOS] by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 7:02pm On Oct 14, 2020
Hope you found this useful to a degree
Re: Q&A: Why Some Couples Don't Enjoy Sex Anymore [PHOTOS] by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 7:04pm On Oct 14, 2020
If you have reasons why you believe sex gets boring after marriage, feel free to drop them here.

Would love to learn and discuss!
Re: Q&A: Why Some Couples Don't Enjoy Sex Anymore [PHOTOS] by lilmonarch(m): 7:18pm On Oct 14, 2020
Doesn't matter how creative you are in bed cause after months/years of hitting it, a time will come when you'll struggle to get it up for that same person; not cause you have problem or anything related but they just don't "excite" you anymore.

7 Likes

Re: Q&A: Why Some Couples Don't Enjoy Sex Anymore [PHOTOS] by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 7:21pm On Oct 14, 2020
If you're in a marriage, you will have to make it work

No matter how unexcited a person is, i believe there are things one can do to still make sex enjoyable.

lilmonarch:
Doesn't matter how creative you are in bed cause after months/years of hitting it, a time will come when you'll struggle to get it up for that same person; not cause you have problem or anything related but they just don't excite you anymore.

1 Like

Re: Q&A: Why Some Couples Don't Enjoy Sex Anymore [PHOTOS] by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 7:21pm On Oct 14, 2020
Thanks for commenting smiley
Re: Q&A: Why Some Couples Don't Enjoy Sex Anymore [PHOTOS] by 444crop: 10:22pm On Oct 14, 2020
Very educative even as it shows my sorry state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Q&A: Why Some Couples Don't Enjoy Sex Anymore [PHOTOS] by Nobody: 12:13am On Oct 15, 2020
I think relationship outside the bedroom matters a lot. With this,even shyness will go away.

2 Likes

Re: Q&A: Why Some Couples Don't Enjoy Sex Anymore [PHOTOS] by Dayoebe(m): 12:43am On Oct 15, 2020
I can't wait to finally get married. When I can enjoy sex with peace of mind.

2-3 thrusting before going to work grin

meanwhile somebody said 'sex is overrated' Someone should explain this abeg

2 Likes

Re: Q&A: Why Some Couples Don't Enjoy Sex Anymore [PHOTOS] by Nobody: 12:46am On Oct 15, 2020
I believe sex between married couples should remain between them, after all tgey both agreed to marry themselves. If it gets to a point where the man and woman cannot resolve their sexual issues by themselves then they are just wasting their lives by allowing such marriage - bondage to continue. The only ones I pity are those who got married without pre marital bleeping i.e no marriage no sex scams. Those people are equivalent to all these 9jabet gamblers, chances of sexual compatibility (virginity intact or not) in such union is same as when you pair 5 different games on betnaija and expect to get them all correct. E no dey end well

1 Like

Re: Q&A: Why Some Couples Don't Enjoy Sex Anymore [PHOTOS] by Telegram234(m): 8:41am On Oct 15, 2020
Dayoebe:

2-3 thrusting before going to work
bro u wicked oo.
I am not married ooo but bro can u be thrusting when u are thinking of how to pay junior's school fees, mama and papa health bills, house rent, light bill, food expenses, transportation expenses, brothers and sisters assistance with some cash and your wife family bills?
Bro, think am na.
Marriage no be moi-moi oo.
Kudos to all the married people.

4 Likes

Re: Q&A: Why Some Couples Don't Enjoy Sex Anymore [PHOTOS] by Dayoebe(m): 8:45am On Oct 15, 2020
Telegram234:
thinking of how to pay junior's school fees, mama and papa health bills, house rent, light bill, food expenses, transportation expenses, brothers and sisters assistance with some cash and your wife family bills?
Bro, think am na.

God is in charge of all that!

1 Like

Re: Q&A: Why Some Couples Don't Enjoy Sex Anymore [PHOTOS] by Telegram234(m): 8:56am On Oct 15, 2020
Dayoebe:

God is in charge of all that!
u see the problem of africans. Noooo isrealites 4 still remain for egypt because God is in charge. What happen to dat verse dat says Faith without work is dead. #endsars

1 Like

Re: Q&A: Why Some Couples Don't Enjoy Sex Anymore [PHOTOS] by peeps4u: 9:10am On Oct 15, 2020
Telegram234:
bro u wicked oo.
I am not married ooo but bro can u be thrusting when u are thinking of how to pay junior's school fees, mama and papa health bills, house rent, light bill, food expenses, transportation expenses, brothers and sisters assistance with some cash and your wife family bills?
Bro, think am na.

I still don't understand why wife's family bills should be part of the responsibilities of the husband or anything to worry about.

I have a sister who has been married for decades now, our family has never been her husband's responsibilities.

We should learn to give married men breathing space; marriage shouldn't be a burden.

2 Likes

Re: Q&A: Why Some Couples Don't Enjoy Sex Anymore [PHOTOS] by femi4: 9:25am On Oct 15, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
That is all i can pour out from my head and trust me, i know marriages that fall in all 5 categories!

Do you agree or disagree with any?

Drop a comment smiley
More

Same style

Disrespect

Depression/Stress

Responsibilities

1 Like

Re: Q&A: Why Some Couples Don't Enjoy Sex Anymore [PHOTOS] by JOACHINpedro: 9:33am On Oct 15, 2020
6.See finish before getting married.
7.Tight schedules
8.Low sex appeal after marriage
9.Kinks or sex preference that irritates the other partner
8.Diseases and infections that leads to low libido
ETC

1 Like

Re: Q&A: Why Some Couples Don't Enjoy Sex Anymore [PHOTOS] by Dreadlock69(m): 10:10am On Oct 15, 2020
Dayoebe:

meanwhile somebody said 'sex is overrated'
Someone should explain this abeg
You can get it anywhere now

1 Like

Re: Q&A: Why Some Couples Don't Enjoy Sex Anymore [PHOTOS] by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 11:58am On Oct 15, 2020
Well said!

Emphasis on DEPRESSION/STRESS sad

femi4:
More

Same style

Disrespect

Depression/Stress

Responsibilities
Re: Q&A: Why Some Couples Don't Enjoy Sex Anymore [PHOTOS] by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 12:00pm On Oct 15, 2020
Definitely! If the relationship is bad, the sex most likely will be.

StacyO:
I think relationship outside the bedroom matters a lot. With this,even shyness will go away.
Re: Q&A: Why Some Couples Don't Enjoy Sex Anymore [PHOTOS] by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 12:03pm On Oct 15, 2020
My guy, it's a bad idea to have sex before going to work grin

The time doesn't just seem right, at all.

Dayoebe:

Re: Q&A: Why Some Couples Don't Enjoy Sex Anymore [PHOTOS] by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 12:08pm On Oct 15, 2020
I don't think sex is overrated, it is what you make it out to be.

Some people that say it's overrated don't enjoy it or aren't doing it right - sex can be very very pleasurable and rewarding.

All in all, you determine your sex life - not other people.

Dayoebe:

Re: Q&A: Why Some Couples Don't Enjoy Sex Anymore [PHOTOS] by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 12:12pm On Oct 15, 2020
Listen! Not having premarital sex does not translate to bad sex life when married.

Whether you've had so much sex before settling down, you can still have hiccups with sex after getting married

PUNAengineOIL:
I believe sex between married couples should remain between them, after all tgey both agreed to marry themselves. If it gets to a point where the man and woman cannot resolve their sexual issues by themselves then they are just wasting their lives by allowing such marriage - bondage to continue. The only ones I pity are those who got married without pre marital bleeping i.e no marriage no sex scams. Those people are equivalent to all these 9jabet gamblers, chances of sexual compatibility (virginity intact or not) in such union is same as when you pair 5 different games on betnaija and expect to get them all correct. E no dey end well
Re: Q&A: Why Some Couples Don't Enjoy Sex Anymore [PHOTOS] by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 12:17pm On Oct 15, 2020
Wife's family bills is not a responsibility of every husband.

For some, it can be a show of kind gesture as not every woman comes from a very dependent family.

peeps4u:

I still don't understand why wife's family bills should be part of the responsibilities of the husband or anything to worry about.

I have a sister who has been married for decades now, our family has never been her husband's responsibilities.

We should learn to give married men breathing space; marriage shouldn't be a burden.
Re: Q&A: Why Some Couples Don't Enjoy Sex Anymore [PHOTOS] by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 12:18pm On Oct 15, 2020
Spot on! grin

JOACHINpedro:
6.See finish before getting married.
7.Tight schedules
8.Low sex appeal after marriage
9.Kinks or sex preference that irritates the other partner
8.Diseases and infections that leads to low libido
ETC

(1) (2) (Reply)

This woman wanted to cheat me / What Is The Main Purpose Of Marriage? / Fifteen Reasons Why Beautiful women Have Trouble Finding Mr.right

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.