Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,278 members, 7,822,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Night Of Protest In Pictures - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Night Of Protest In Pictures (62376 Views)

Govt’s Response Will Determine Duration Of Protest — NLC / Governorship Election: Police Ban All Forms Of Protest In Nasarawa State / CNN Confirms That #EndSARS Lekki Massacre Happened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Night Of Protest In Pictures by Bigsunny01(m): 10:25am On Oct 15, 2020
The ones wearing tattoos on their skin and dreads on their heads are fighting the ones who don’t have tattoos and dreads for good to happen.

I have never been this gingered spiritually about Nigeria... Na only super Eagles that year dey give us this kind ginger small.

Equality and social justice for ALL.
Who Dey argue am?

#endpolicebrutalityinnigeria #endpolicebrutality
#endbadgovernanceinnigeria
Re: EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Night Of Protest In Pictures by TooMuchStuff: 10:26am On Oct 15, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Buhari is laying the foundation for a new Nigeria. What you are experiencing now are the cumulative effects of governmental and societal failings over 60 years and more. Any Nigerian president can only do his best but is the Nigerian society ready for structural, systematic, mental and cultural changes associated with a new Nigeria? Leaders are products of the society. They don't fall from the sky.
I hope you have heard of the accusation against NANS president for embezzlement of over #78million? Dino Melaye was once a student leader in ABU many years ago.

I hope you understand what I mean. Remove Buhari and put another person if we as Nigerians don't change our ways then we will keep going round in circles.
Oga.
Buhari is a representation of all that's wrong with Nigeria since 1960. He was an adult since 1958.
If u can't catch ahmadu Bello or danfodio or abacha, simply catch Buhari cos he was with them all through

4 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Night Of Protest In Pictures by Ade3131: 10:31am On Oct 15, 2020
Jesse98:
wat ar dis jobless ppl protesting... SARS has being disbanded n dey ar still disturbing ppl with #endsars...if I were d president I would send d military to deal wit all of dem

In all fairness sir, I think you're new to Nigeria. I might not know your age or where you've lived since birth but one thing I can guarantee is that if you've been around for the past 30 years and you have this mindset about the 'supposed disbandment' of SARS, then I'm sure you're one of the problems that have crippled this sleeping giant called Nigeria. You must be one of the saboteurs draining this country of its inner wit to break out of the numerous predicaments that have bedeviled her.

Lemme put it into context for easier understanding sir, since NEPA changed to PHCN, what exactly has changed about the state of power/electricity in the country?

If that's not very clear, I'll take it a step further. When ACN and other political party morphed into APC, what change do you notice about the party members when judging based on party manifesto and achievement on ground?

It's been the same old story on all fronts of measures and you want people (I mean youths actually, precisely those who's been lied to that they're the leaders of tomorrow) to believe that changing the name from SARS to SWAT with the amount of urgency we all saw will amount to any improvement in the modus operandi of the newly formed police unit? Hell no. The youths are using #EndSars as a catalyst to demand for a better Nigeria on all fronts, one which will be beneficial to not just you but your generations unborn.

Pen-out.

4 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Night Of Protest In Pictures by Golan007: 10:32am On Oct 15, 2020
TooMuchStuff:

Oga.
Buhari is a representation of all that's wrong with Nigeria since 1960. He was an adult since 1958.
If u can't catch ahmadu Bello or danfodio or abacha, simply catch Buhari cos he was with them all through

What about your governor?

We shouldn't catch him?

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Night Of Protest In Pictures by Golan007: 10:33am On Oct 15, 2020
Ade3131:

With all fairness sir, I think you're new to Nigeria. I might not know your age or where you've lived since birth but one thing I can guarantee is that if you've been living in this country since the past 30 years and you have this mindset about the 'supposed disbandment' of SARS, then I'm sure you're one of the problems of this crippled giant called Nigeria. You must be one of the saboteurs draining this country of its inner wit to break out of the numerous predicaments that have bedeviled her.

Lemme put it into context for easier understanding sir, since NEPA changed to PHCN, what exactly has changed about the state of power/electricity in the country?

If that's not very clear, I'll take it a step further. When ACN and other political party morphed into APC, what change do you notice about the party members when judging based on party manifesto and achievement on ground?

It's been the same old story on all fronts of measures and you want people (I mean youths actually, precisely those who's been lied to that they're the leaders of tomorrow) to believe that changing the name from SARS to SWAT with the amount of urgency we all saw will amount to any improvement in the modus operandi of the newly formed police unit? Hell no. The youths are using #EndSars as a catalyst to demand for a better Nigeria on all fronts, one which will be beneficial to not just you but your generations unborn.

Pen-out.

Your conclusion is no matter what government proposes or applies, you would not accept it.
Re: EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Night Of Protest In Pictures by rollandben(m): 10:34am On Oct 15, 2020
telkevog:
Walahi this thing don de pass 'be careful'. They fit from #endsars now enter #endbuhari. I just de talk o!

"We fit, NOT them fit" Don't exclude yourself, this is all of us battle!!
Re: EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Night Of Protest In Pictures by imustsaymymindo: 10:37am On Oct 15, 2020
Wow! See crowd. Seems SARS Covid-2 has also ended. Or was it just a name change to malaria?
Re: EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Night Of Protest In Pictures by Liposure: 10:38am On Oct 15, 2020
We want good governance

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Night Of Protest In Pictures by Nchenches: 10:40am On Oct 15, 2020
DDeliverer:

As long as we achieve what we want. We want a better Nigeria. We want light. We want good roads, we want security, we want hospitals, we want good education, we want jobs and good conditions for our business, we don't want people harassing and killing us. We want a better Nigeria.

Shuuu? Abi dem swear for una? Una like this country like this?

You can’t get better Nigeria.

Nations don’t form a country.

Nigeria is a country of nations.
Re: EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Night Of Protest In Pictures by KayCee92(m): 10:40am On Oct 15, 2020
Maxymilliano:
This is Nigeria's Arab Spring ...

This the Nigerian spring
Re: EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Night Of Protest In Pictures by Bigsunny01(m): 10:40am On Oct 15, 2020
[quote author=OscarJaden post=94947578][/quote]

This is the energy we are keeping up, till the next elections...
#EndSars
#StopPoliceBrutality #NigerianYouthDecides
#ReformNIGERIA

U better mind ur words before we pick u up at ur end
Re: EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Night Of Protest In Pictures by akure1stson: 10:41am On Oct 15, 2020
Thugs have invade Alausa ikeja now, chasing protesters away
Re: EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Night Of Protest In Pictures by rolams(m): 10:41am On Oct 15, 2020
This is seriously serious!
Re: EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Night Of Protest In Pictures by Golan007: 10:41am On Oct 15, 2020
Bigsunny01:

This is the energy we are keeping up, till the next elections...
#EndSars
#StopPoliceBrutality #NigerianYouthDecides
#ReformNIGERIA

U better mind ur words before we pick u up at ur end

Sharap.

Pick who?
Re: EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Night Of Protest In Pictures by harmony75: 10:42am On Oct 15, 2020
Ifesinachi22:
At the Enugu #EndSARSprotest today, this young woman who refused to fly the Nigerian flag sat on top of this Lion statue crying.

Her brother who just got back from abroad was killed by SARS .

#EndPoliceBrutality
#endsarsnow
the blood shed by SARS are crying for revenge #EndSARS
Re: EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Night Of Protest In Pictures by kunlechrist(m): 10:42am On Oct 15, 2020
This is really strong!
Mandynews:
Lekki toll gate shut down
Re: EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Night Of Protest In Pictures by Duplik8t77(m): 10:43am On Oct 15, 2020
DDeliverer:

As long as we achieve what we want. We want a better Nigeria. We want light. We want good roads, we want security, we want hospitals, we want good education, we want jobs and good conditions for our business, we don't want people harassing and killing us. We want a better Nigeria.

Shuuu? Abi dem swear for una? Una like this country like this?

I just taya for ppl critisicing this protest o

Is it a crime to fight for what is ours?

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Night Of Protest In Pictures by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 15, 2020
Abeg make una add EndNASS member salaries to the matter.
Re: EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Night Of Protest In Pictures by Duplik8t77(m): 10:45am On Oct 15, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Buhari is laying the foundation for a new Nigeria. What you are experiencing now are the cumulative effects of governmental and societal failings over 60 years and more. Any Nigerian president can only do his best but is the Nigerian society ready for structural, systematic, mental and cultural changes associated with a new Nigeria? Leaders are products of the society. They don't fall from the sky.
I hope you have heard of the accusation against NANS president for embezzlement of over #78million? Dino Melaye was once a student leader in ABU many years ago.

I hope you understand what I mean. Remove Buhari and put another person if we as Nigerians don't change our ways then we will keep going round in circles.
Tell him to go and lay the foolish foundation in daura, we don't want again. We will build it ourselves. Can you have some honor? Rochas

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Night Of Protest In Pictures by nairanaira12: 10:46am On Oct 15, 2020
Proeast2:
shocked shocked shocked
What do we call this now? Nigerian revolution or what?!
Guys, this is our own spring and we must maintain the momentum until this country is transformed. We will keep ending all the evils and moving to the next until there is non left.

Thank God we have lots of unemployed or underemployed youths who are already frustrated with life. We have nothing to lose after all. So aluta continua.... Victoria ascerta!!

Are you also on the street like them or you are only giving direction from in front of your phone?
Re: EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Night Of Protest In Pictures by Ade3131: 10:52am On Oct 15, 2020
Golan007:

Your conclusion is no matter what government proposes or applies, you would not accept it.

Lemme simplify it sir...

No matter what the government said, we'll not believe them. Enough of saying. Let's get to the business of doing. It's simple.

The demands are very simple. I mean extremely simple. Collate all the videos of SARS brutality, get all the officers who appeared in those videos and show their faces on air, charge them to court and prosecute them. It's that simple.

Afterwards, get the families of all the victims and compensate them handsomely. Is that too difficult to do for a government that have been negotiating with terrorist and bandits?

Then finally, concurrently transfer all the current SARS officers to the northeast to join forces with the JTF in the fight against terrorist and banditry.

On this note, Nigerians will applaud the government and the whole talk of having a new unit called SWAT with a very different training and orientation will be considered a welcome development. Mind you, a total police reform isn't a far cry either.

#GetRight

#ANewNigeriaAbound

#EndSars

#EndPoliceBrutality

#LawMakersMustBeOnMinimumWage

#PatriotismMustComeFirst

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Night Of Protest In Pictures by luvmijeje(f): 10:52am On Oct 15, 2020
Hehehe! This shows that the Governor of Lagos state is incompetent. How can people who they are feeding be disturbing the movement of we we that are feeding them.

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Night Of Protest In Pictures by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 15, 2020
This is not the whole of Nigeria and I'm still very sure that the whole of Nigerian Military can't defeat this mob.
Re: EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Night Of Protest In Pictures by Maski87: 10:58am On Oct 15, 2020
Man wey follow protest, na him go press nyash.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Night Of Protest In Pictures by Kobicove(m): 10:59am On Oct 15, 2020
Mandynews:
Lekki toll gate shut down

Are you sure these pics were taken at Lekki toll gate?
Re: EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Night Of Protest In Pictures by Golan007: 11:03am On Oct 15, 2020
Ade3131:

Lemme simplify it sir...

No matter what the government said, we'll not believe them. Enough of saying. Let's get to the business of doing. It's simple.

The demands are very simple. I mean extremely simple. Collate all the videos of SARS brutality, get all the officers who appeared in those videos and show their faces on air, charge them to court and prosecute them. It's that simple.

Afterwards, get the families of all the victims and compensate them handsomely. Is that too difficult to do for a government that have been negotiating with terrorist and bandits?

Then finally, concurrently transfer all the current SARS officers to the northeast to join forces with the JTF in the fight against terrorist and banditry.

On this note, Nigerians will applaud the government and the whole talk of having a new unit called SWAT with a very different training and orientation will be considered a welcome development. Mind you, a total police reform isn't a far cry either.

#GetRight

#ANewNigeriaAbound

#EndSars

#EndPoliceBrutality

#LawMakersMustBeOnMinimumWage

#PatriotismMustComeFirst

You are being an autocrat and believe me it would not work.

You cannot determine where a Nigerian worker would be transferred or where he would live his life.

If you say they have trampled on the fundamental human rights of others, what you are suggesting is similar.

Putting hashtags everywhere simply because there is a frenzy means absolutely nothing.
Re: EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Night Of Protest In Pictures by OpinionCounts(m): 11:08am On Oct 15, 2020
byinks:
Martial Abacha style law loading...

It's all planned.

Las Las wey d Abacha now?

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Night Of Protest In Pictures by SmartMugu: 11:27am On Oct 15, 2020
Virginnn:
Very soon, other issues will join this endsars protest, I tell you.
The last straw is to ask the vegetable who is watching helplessly as the country is getting grounded to resign. We are tired of hearing him read addresses written by Lai Mohammed and co.

By the way, when will Buhari grant a press conference on this current issue?
I mean a press conference, where he will be asked questions and he gives Frank responses. Frank responses ooo. Not reading from a script ooo.
You are very harsh for this request. How do u expect buhari to be able to answer questions? Are they discussing about cows? The man must read scripts o. Una see am like that before voting for him, even for second term. Lol
Re: EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Night Of Protest In Pictures by Ade3131: 11:28am On Oct 15, 2020
Golan007:

You are being an autocrat and believe me it would not work.

You just mentioned PMB's style of leadership. He's been an autocrat from the very beginning but you mistake what I meant for autocracy. The workability of everything I said boarders on the willpower to make this country a better place. Trust me, to get Nigeria to the promised land, a semi-autocracy will be required. Tell me, how do you get lawmakers to lower their salaries and benefits when they're the direct beneficiary of it? Instead, the current Nigerian approach is to seek loan to fund capital projects while national assembly set us back by a whopping 43% of our annual budget which is from the taxpayers.

You cannot determine where a Nigerian worker would be transferred or where he would live his life.

I think this isn't the case with those serving in the armed forces. You can say that for other government jobs but not for armed forces. By the way, there's manpower deficit at the warfront in the northeast and what stops these blood thirsty SARS officers from going there to exhibit their gun shooting prowess with the BH boys?

If you say they have trampled on the fundamental human rights of others, what you are suggesting is similar.

Putting hashtags everywhere simply because there is a frenzy means absolutely nothing.

This gonna be my last response to you.
Re: EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Night Of Protest In Pictures by Golan007: 11:45am On Oct 15, 2020
Ade3131:

This gonna be my last response to you.

I don't care if it is your last response.

You aren't doing me a favour.

I insist YOU cannot demand where a Nigerian would be posted.

YOU don't have the right.
Re: EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Night Of Protest In Pictures by Okoroawusa: 11:46am On Oct 15, 2020
Duplik8t77:

Tell him to go and lay the foolish foundation in daura, we don't want again. We will build it ourselves. Can you have some honor? Rochas
Sorry there is nothing u can do about it. He has roughly 2 years n 8 months to finish laying it n then Osinbajo will continue where he stopped.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Lekki Tollgate Night Of Protest In Pictures by Okoroawusa: 11:51am On Oct 15, 2020
TooMuchStuff:

Oga.
What of your parents or grandparents?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Enters Guiness Book Of Record By Producing Largest Logo With Cupcakes / You’re Pathetic – Aisha Yesufu Blasts Bishop Oyedepo, Islamic Group Over Buhari / Military Jet Combs Orlu For ESN Operatives After Failed Land Combat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.