Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,755 members, 7,955,870 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:31 PM

EndSARS Protests Banned In Abuja - FCT Security Committee - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS Protests Banned In Abuja - FCT Security Committee (27577 Views)

Obi Abel Umahi Resigns As South-East Security Committee Chairman / Nigeria May Shut Down Internet As #EndSARS Protests Continue - The Guardian / Public Sector: Ugwuanyi Moves To Constitute EXCO As Security Committee Finalizes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS Protests Banned In Abuja - FCT Security Committee by smallsmall: 2:25pm On Oct 15, 2020
olumide4christ:

Which people? Please speak for yourself, not the people. How many protesters are there compared to the people going about their lawful activities, who were hindered by your co-protesters?
On Monday, my wife disembarked from a vehicle that was held up in standstill traffic due to the blockade by your fellow protesters at National Stadium. She walked for about 6 kilometers from atop Eko bridge all the way to almost the end of Akerele street, Surulere before she could get a vehicle to go and pick up my children in school. She got to my children's school by 3pm, 2 hours later than the agreed pickup time by the school. What if my wife was pregnant? She might have lost the pregnancy.
Aren't you aware that, as someone mentioned in a thread earlier today, that an asthmatic pregnant woman died on the way to the hospital at Agidingbi Ikeja because the people conveying her were held up in traffic because of your co-protesters?
Oga, no life is worth losing, no fundamental human rights of others is worth being trampled upon because of EndSars that you have already gotten.

You can't infringe on my constitutional right to free movement with your constitutional right to protest.

The problem with TRAITORS like you is that you are just too SELFISH and it is all about yourself, yourself and yourself!
It is people like you that will go and sleep-overnight at a foreign embassy, looking for Visa because you want to escape the horror in Nigeria, yet when it is time to protest and correct things in Nigeria, your selfishness will not allow you to think properly!.

You forget that those places you call "saner climes" were made sane by the sacrifce and protests of their citizens who protests day-in, day-out until they achieved their desired objective.

And once the result is achieved, it is still the same traitors like you tht would want to be the first to benefit from the result.
I sorry for your types.

3 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protests Banned In Abuja - FCT Security Committee by Agbegbaorogboye: 2:26pm On Oct 15, 2020
SilverNorGold:

My brother, it's simple logic. You don't need pictures to know that businesses are doomed and shops are at risk due to the violent nature of some of the protests.

See few images of news items that'll never hit the front page..
Always confirm things before believing them. The news of the truck was reported by the Cable and was found to be a baseless accusation.
As for business bleeding, I hope you know the "bleed" is figurative and not indicative of locked shops.
As for violence, it's largely coming from pro-govt hired thugs and police who have killed five people so far.
Don't give a dog a bad name just cause you wanna hang it.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protests Banned In Abuja - FCT Security Committee by Temptee101(m): 2:26pm On Oct 15, 2020
The protest cannot be stopped.

The beginning of the end for Nigeria.

Prophet T.B Joshua's prophesy coming to pass.

In his words in 2013, "it will start with protest, the protest will grow so big it cannot be stopped, the government will try to stop the protest but you can't stop a revolution because everybody will be ready to die"
Re: EndSARS Protests Banned In Abuja - FCT Security Committee by thesicilian: 2:27pm On Oct 15, 2020
CilicMarin:

What is peaceful in blocking the major roads and preventing people from going to work?

How are they different from the SARS they are protesting against?
Some people do not see it that way.
Re: EndSARS Protests Banned In Abuja - FCT Security Committee by Kylekent59: 2:29pm On Oct 15, 2020
thesicilian:
The government has no right to ban a peaceful protest. Except we're no longer in a democracy.

When you were shouting sai Baba in 2016 you didn't know.

It has not even started you have started shaking. Enjoy what you sow in 2016
Re: EndSARS Protests Banned In Abuja - FCT Security Committee by chatinent: 2:30pm On Oct 15, 2020
Demoncracy.
Re: EndSARS Protests Banned In Abuja - FCT Security Committee by chinonsolife342: 2:31pm On Oct 15, 2020
#buharimustgo
Re: EndSARS Protests Banned In Abuja - FCT Security Committee by uptimum123(m): 2:32pm On Oct 15, 2020
smallsmall:

The problem with TRAITORS like you is that you are just too SELFISH and it is all about yourself, yourself and yourself!
It is people like you that will go and sleep-overnight at a foreign embassy, looking for Visa because you want to escape the horror in Nigeria, yet when it is time to protest and correct things in Nigeria, your selfishness will not allow you to think properly!.

You forget that those places you call "saner climes" were made sane by the sacrifce and protests of their citizens who protests day-in, day-out until they achieved their desired objective.

And once the result is achieved, it is still the same traitors like you tht would want to be the first to benefit from the result.
I sorry for your types.

So because he has a different opinion now he is now a traitor.

Bunch of hypocrites.

#EndProtestNow

Let the Government do their job

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protests Banned In Abuja - FCT Security Committee by uptimum123(m): 2:32pm On Oct 15, 2020
chinonsolife342:
#buharimustgo

Go pursue am now

#EndProtestNow

Re: EndSARS Protests Banned In Abuja - FCT Security Committee by smallsmall: 2:34pm On Oct 15, 2020
2cribz:
Pls it should be. I was going on my own jeje. When i ran into an angry end sars protestors. Even with my skulled facemask on which sent tew shivers to the throats of haters amongst them who looked me wrongly,i felt sad. I could judge the hook up slay queens from the type of clothes they put on,some gladly rubbed excessive make up and sat at the trunk of the cars like lexus es 350 06 model,4matic,rx,and the likes of other yahoo boys cars,all tinted,while others were on foot pressing their iphone x,[/b]and the rest. I wasn't so shocked,afterall everyone dey do street,be it loc yahoo or international, my only ish was why the hate man. [b]So many young niggis hating,wasting,turn protest to fashion show and show of fake G.L gold look alike necklace,prostitutes and hook up/adult dating slay queen filled up the streets... wtf man. I almost stopped my bike man,cos i was carried away by a huge lonely big ass amongst them,but i said hey. If u hear poom like dis,next thing na stray bullet.

You are the one hattin'.
Yo hate their GL, you hate their Iphone X, you hate their tinted windows, you have their fashion show, you hate their 'fake' GL Gold, you hate their necklace.... you even hate the Big Ass! shocked angry

Dont let inferiority complex destroy your life, every young person with a little panache is not a yahoo boy.
I have boys of 15yrs in my Estate who have developed Apps on Google Play and are earning money from it.
I have those with YouTube, handles with millions of Subscribers who are earning money from it, young Enterprenuers at 20yrs of age but you are there jumping GoKada all about and hating on such people simply because you don thave what they have.
Re: EndSARS Protests Banned In Abuja - FCT Security Committee by Miracle2020: 2:34pm On Oct 15, 2020
Fahdiga:
Banning protest without truly addressing the reason for the protest is illogical.
what is the reason? They have already banned SARS, they also agree with the 5 terms and conditions given by the protesters. What again did the protesters want?
Just tell one thing that the government rejected let me see.
Re: EndSARS Protests Banned In Abuja - FCT Security Committee by Aarenaija: 2:34pm On Oct 15, 2020
Common sense is not common really. People are protesting peacefully and you want to add to the problem.
Re: EndSARS Protests Banned In Abuja - FCT Security Committee by Humorme2(f): 2:35pm On Oct 15, 2020
They are very stupid for this.
Re: EndSARS Protests Banned In Abuja - FCT Security Committee by smallsmall: 2:35pm On Oct 15, 2020
uptimum123:

So because he has a different opinion now he is now a traitor.

Bunch of hypocrites.

#EndProtestNow

I am sure you dont know the meaning of a Traitor and you are not smart enough to get a Dictionary or use free Google.
Go and End the Protest, if it pains you or ask Govt to give you gun to shoot them, like SARS.
Re: EndSARS Protests Banned In Abuja - FCT Security Committee by olagoke29970: 2:35pm On Oct 15, 2020
:What is peaceful in blocking the major roads and preventing people from going to work?How are they different from the SARS they are protesting against?Some people do not see it that way.
Re: EndSARS Protests Banned In Abuja - FCT Security Committee by 2cribz: 2:36pm On Oct 15, 2020
smallsmall:

You are the one hattin'.
Yo hate their GL, you hate their Iphone X, you hate their tinted windows, you have their fashion show, you hate their 'fake' GL Gold, you hate their necklace.... you even hate the Big Ass! shocked angry

Dont let inferiority complex destroy your life, every young person with a little panache is not a yahoo boy.
I have boys of 15yrs in my Estate who have developed Apps on Google Play and are earning money from it.
I have those with YouTube, handles with millions of Subscribers who are earning money from it, young Enterprenuers at 20yrs of age but you are there jumping GoKada all about and hating on such people simply because you don thave what they have.

Re: EndSARS Protests Banned In Abuja - FCT Security Committee by uptimum123(m): 2:39pm On Oct 15, 2020
smallsmall:

I am sure you dont know the meaning of a Traitor and you are not smart enough to get a Dictionary or use free Google.
Go and End the Protest, if it pains you or ask Govt to give you gun to shoot them, like SARS.

Mr Oxford dictionary, please define meaning of traitor.

I am a civilized person so is the Government.

#EndProtestNow

Re: EndSARS Protests Banned In Abuja - FCT Security Committee by SpecialAdviser(m): 2:41pm On Oct 15, 2020
jaxxy:

Try and Achieve one b4 another. U guys are not looking coordinated. Government is listening to u and u decide not to dialogue with them on constructive demands. What do u now want?

If people don’t see any coordination they will get tired.

You think we lark coordination because you are not reading the exact activity going on. Who told you protest just started to ban SARS?

SARS is just an avenue to unleash all the anger against bad governance in Nigeria. If you care to research, try to find out how revolution was carried out in countries around the world.

Some starts with protest against the increase in price of Biro. If you are not ready to free yourself then we are working to free ourselves.

Except you are part of the government.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protests Banned In Abuja - FCT Security Committee by Miracle2020: 2:41pm On Oct 15, 2020
Elvictor:

define peace and relate it to Nigeria in January, especially Northern part of Nigeria
are you protesting against insecurities or SARS?
Re: EndSARS Protests Banned In Abuja - FCT Security Committee by edoairways: 2:46pm On Oct 15, 2020
ODJ124:
It's Getting messy...

Youths should thread with caution .....

Thought SARS has been disbanded and ended...

Why protest #endsars again ..

#RestructureNigeriaNow....

Thread... seen
But some police officers are still brutalising some Nigerians
Re: EndSARS Protests Banned In Abuja - FCT Security Committee by reiddecuti: 2:46pm On Oct 15, 2020
ODJ124:
It's Getting messy...

Youths should thread with caution .....

Thought SARS has been disbanded and ended...

Why protest #endsars again ..

#RestructureNigeriaNow....

Thread... seen

SARS have not been banned? Believe these fox at ur own peril. This is no more biz as usual where they tell us something and the the other.
Re: EndSARS Protests Banned In Abuja - FCT Security Committee by smallsmall: 2:50pm On Oct 15, 2020
Miracle2020:
what is the reason? They have already banned SARS, they also agree with the 5 terms and conditions given by the protesters. What again did the protesters want?
Just tell one thing that the government rejected let me see.

It saddens me when l read people like you.
I cant lecture but let me just remind you that renaming SARS or just Starting another "SARS" in a different name is not what the Protest is about or going to solve the problem.

- Laws should be promulgated, not just "reactionary speeches" by leaders, that do not have the backing of the Constitution.
- Have they looked into the recruitment of criminals into the Police and the bribery that takes place in the process?
- Have they looked at the cruelty taking place in the Police Training school?
- What have they put in place to ensure that the Police can respond to distress call on time (Vehicle, Fuel, Comm gadgets, etc)
- Have they done anything to the situation that ensures Police is always extorting the citizens, like Why os it that a Police Station is given #30,000 per quarter (3 months) to run? Who are their Bosses stealing the money meant to run the stations?
- How come Policemen are buying their own Uniforms, Boots, Belt, berets, etc, leading to most of them dressing in Mufti like Criminals?
- What measures did yo hear have been put in place, to ensure that every Bullet give to a Policeman, is accounted for, every day he leaves and returns to base or you dont know this is one of the reasons Policemen shoot anyone at random?
- What measures has the Govt announced, on how to check Drug addiction, indian hemp Smoking and consumption of Alcohol, by Policemen, even when on duty?

I can go on forever, on som eof the things that needs to be put in place FIRST, before we can even thing that something tangible has been achieved by this #ENDSARS Protest otherwise, l give you just three Months, all of us will be feeling like #ENDSWAT, all over again.

Ask yourself: The IGP has asked Policemen to stop mounting CheckPoints within the communities and to stop charging Money for Bail, Did the Policemen listen? And since they failed to listen to their own IGP, did naything hapen to those disobeying such Orders?
Question is WHY?
Reason is because all these directives are just mere pronouncement by their Heirachy, they are not coded into LAWs.
If they were, it will be very easy to haul those who disobey into Court and get them sentenced.
That is the approach we need, not just Buhari smilling sheepishly and collecting Document from Sanwo-Olu. undecided undecided
Re: EndSARS Protests Banned In Abuja - FCT Security Committee by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 15, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

Always confirm things before believing them. The news of the truck was reported by the Cable and was found to be a baseless accusation.
As for business bleeding, I hope you know the "bleed" is figurative and not indicative of locked shops.
As for violence, it's largely coming from pro-govt hired thugs and police who have killed five people so far.
Don't give a dog a bad name just cause you wanna hang it.

My brother, nothing like fabrication and "dead" being figurative. Law-abiding citizens are finding it difficult, if not impossible, to go about their lawful activities because of the activities of these protesters.

Go through the comments on this thread and see people complaining.

My brother, we shouldn't allow greed get the better part of us. This protest has become something else. It's no longer necessary. What are they protesting, please tell me? Why risking people to Covid-19?

My brother, Nigeria go better
Re: EndSARS Protests Banned In Abuja - FCT Security Committee by PS712: 2:50pm On Oct 15, 2020
EzzyCarter:
Legend and prophet in one...Fela said it all. Especially @the bold grin

No be outside- da soldier dey?
No be outside- da court dem dey?
No be outside- da police dey?
No be outside- da magistrate dey?
No be outside- da judge dem dey?
No craze world be dat

No be outside- Buhari dey?
Na craze man be dat
Animal in craze-man skin-i

Na craze world be that..."

Fela Kuti, (Basketmouth.)

Music titled Beast of no nation! He saw tomorrow and spoke about it.

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protests Banned In Abuja - FCT Security Committee by Miracle2020: 2:52pm On Oct 15, 2020
Etrusen:

it may not be clear to many that these things can cause revolution and big tension in the country

1) if buhari use military against protester in a bid to stop them

2) buhari trying to ban protest which definitely the citizens will reject and when they do, buhari will feel offended thereby using power on them which will cause more trouble than ever.

for me what I think the president should is to go into physical dialogue with these protesters not that recorded video he is doing or is he ashame,afraid to talk to his people physically?

the protester have no leader but they have persons they respect during this protest he can come on a live dialogue with the people not hiding inside Aso rock.
those people has already presented their request and the president agree to implement them. What again do they want? Even the person that started the protest told them to end the protest since the government has agreed to their demands. But politicians that contested for election and the people rejected them are now using this opportunity to destroy the government. Politicians has taken over the protest and there children are in abroad. Tell Atiku to bring his family to protest. Where are Peter Obi children and wife? Where is Sowore family?
Re: EndSARS Protests Banned In Abuja - FCT Security Committee by smallsmall: 2:53pm On Oct 15, 2020
2cribz:
Thunder Fire me

Yes, Thunder fire you.
You need to do better than that, like nack your head on the floor as well. tongue tongue

Re: EndSARS Protests Banned In Abuja - FCT Security Committee by Miracle2020: 2:56pm On Oct 15, 2020
sapientia:

I did not read any of this your trash

Not worth my time

Stop stressing your self.

You are anti-people and so therefore evil.

Have seen your past posts.

Green snake in a green grass

Stop calling me your brother, am nothing like you.

I stand with the people.
stand with which people? Tell me what do they want? Just mention one thing that they presented and the president said NO?
Re: EndSARS Protests Banned In Abuja - FCT Security Committee by jaxxy(m): 2:56pm On Oct 15, 2020
SpecialAdviser:

You think we lark coordination because you are not reading the exact activity going on. Who told you protest just started to ban SARS?

SARS is just an avenue to unleash all the anger against bad governance in Nigeria. If you care to research, try to find out how revolution was carried out in countries around the world.

Some starts with protest against the increase in price of Biro. If you are not ready to free yourself then we are working to free ourselves.

Except you are part of the government.

I understand where Ure going bt go and check such protests it was against dictators not democracy and also some ended up not even being better than they were b4 the protests.

Let us protest with sense and not chaos. There is silent protests and many other ways to demand justice not just with chaos. Look at Lebanon still protesting with little results achieved.

Let’s achieve #endsars #reformpolice 1st then list other demands also. Not just jumping up and down cos we can. I don’t like rubbish oo. Lol
Re: EndSARS Protests Banned In Abuja - FCT Security Committee by mechanics(m): 2:57pm On Oct 15, 2020
Old set of people, we need fresh minds in positions of authority.
Re: EndSARS Protests Banned In Abuja - FCT Security Committee by od501: 2:59pm On Oct 15, 2020
MajesticKris:
We no want REVOLUTION Ohh Abeg..###

Unfortunately bro...it is here..an o kinda like it!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Yola, Adamawa / Young Democratic Party's INEC Certificate And Vehicle / APC's Dikko Radda Wins Katsina Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.