Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road (67365 Views)

Lagos Police Arrest Thugs & Law Enforcement Officers Extorting Motorists. / Soldiers Beat 12 LASTMA Officers For Arresting Army Chief Over One-Way / Soldiers Beat Driver To Death In Calabar; Passengers Didn’t Wear Face Masks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by davillian(m): 8:12am On Oct 16, 2020
Reminds me of when
Soldiers checks the police checkpoint
Search them and thier surrounding to see if they have collected bribe....
That was in the 80s
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by 77up(m): 8:13am On Oct 16, 2020
Benitoh:
Nigeria is a total disaster
...and is gradually moving out of disaster.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by obyrich(m): 8:14am On Oct 16, 2020
This is very commendable. I hope the IG can see what is happening. Very disgraceful things. grin
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Kingstanding: 8:16am On Oct 16, 2020
Tiyi:
Soldiers teaching policemen their work.. How do kids who have their father to be a police officer look at them... after extorting, maltreating, killing innocent people... Like damn.
. The way police officer no get shame also their children too no get shame. Like father like son.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Investnow2017: 8:18am On Oct 16, 2020
jeffizy:
Indeed, it's a great period to be in Nigeria. grin grin grin
I have never been prouder...... Make i stop here grin grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 16, 2020
Benesis:
So far the endsars has been great, but in light of the dissolution and plan to reform

I just wish we could change our placards to things like
#EndPoliceCheckpoint or #EndPaymentOfBaill these things are some of the main cause of the rot in the police.

In the north you can go through 3states and not encounter a single police checkpoint, but here, you will stand at one checkpoint and see 5 more within a stone throw.
These are some of the reforms that we could point directly at and demand that they be totally dismantled as well

I'm not much against check point but I'm against some unnecessary checkpoints and those useless police Guys that extort people...... checkpoint at every 20 or 10km isn't too bad but let them not extort
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by dangwarmai(m): 8:21am On Oct 16, 2020
E sweet me seeing the policemen returning the money back to the owners.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Galadimabawa: 8:21am On Oct 16, 2020
Oboy grin grin grin
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by descarado: 8:28am On Oct 16, 2020
I agree. Face saving. All are the same. Soldiers are worst
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by sweerychick(f): 8:30am On Oct 16, 2020
WandaNara:
For the first time I'm so HAPPY being a Nigerian.

God bless the freedom fighters

God bless Eedris Abdulkareem & African China.

Like for Eedris AbdulK, Share for 2face the coward
God bless all the youths not only celebrities
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by olugabbie(m): 8:31am On Oct 16, 2020
Kingpee2:
Very soon ,ordinary OPC will start to deal with any stupid policeman trying to extort any citizen ....

If the police is demoralised. We are doomed. We hate them. But need them too.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Benesis: 8:32am On Oct 16, 2020
JimmyDarmody:
ahhhh sir calm down. You just lied about the north. I travel alot within kaduna and jos and there are more than 10 check points within the two states. It's a 4 hour journey.

Checkpoint that dont check, the checkbpoints are when present are scantily manded n once a driver comes he says a greeting in hausa and is waved

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by EmekaBlue(m): 8:33am On Oct 16, 2020
police carry gun too and he dey fear

una for do faceoff...no mind d camouflage na just cloth

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Hardgun: 8:34am On Oct 16, 2020
[b][/bLOL
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Kennitrust(m): 8:34am On Oct 16, 2020
Now, I'm a Nigerian! grin grin
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by blacknoir: 8:35am On Oct 16, 2020
ZeroAccess:
Aft watching the video indeed police no get shame. Wetin dem dey use #20 wey Dem dey collect do. Chai
Truth is they benefit a lot o,I heard sometimes they do get up to 5k per day ,imagine collecting n20 from 50 people that's 1k ,sometimes they collect up to 50 to 100 naira
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by EmekaBlue(m): 8:37am On Oct 16, 2020
tafabaloo:
lols...... looking at our Police outside of this video clips, the soldiers were not better armed than the Policemen. Infact, the both sides were carrying same AK-47 rifles, albeit to me the training on weapon handling and confidence building differentiate one from the other, This has been one of the banes of police effectiveness in our country. Police run away from armed robbers, excusing themselves that hoodlums were better armed than they were.
it is high time the Police hierarchy developed a more effective and efficient curriculum, as well as better welfare packages in line with best practices to enable them discharge their responsibilities effectively.

exactly wetin i see...both carry gun but army use camouflage dey bully dem

dem for fight
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by CioAngels(f): 8:39am On Oct 16, 2020
GeneralPula:
Good one..

Majority of these brutal police are southerners..

Majority of the victims being extort are southerners..

Seems we need a special southern restructuring, apart from the National restructuring..

If we do not tackle the problem from within, there will never be a change!
Very Painful and Shameful, they are all Southerners they assign the evil jobs to. Come to Isawo road to see the agression they use to extort the money. They brutally extorted an old man and he gave police the money and the next the police went unclad. The old old was called to the rescue. We later heard the policeman resigned from the force. Same Isawo road, We heard how a popular mama Calabar police woman chased kekenapep man with okada and the story was history because they said dhe had her legs broken from the okada fall, unfortunately she did not get the money she chased for but got admission at the general hospital. But, will they learn? No, because they say they have to secure their jobs because they have target to deliver certain amount daily. You can see why it is difficult for the Ogas at the Top to let go-off the ills because of the huge contributions they do weekly.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by EmekaBlue(m): 8:40am On Oct 16, 2020
what is do you know me do you know me

abeg who u be...NOTHING
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by akanjikokoro: 8:44am On Oct 16, 2020
Good news.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by CioAngels(f): 8:45am On Oct 16, 2020
The Southern origin are the evils they use to extort and when issues raises it's ugly heads it is the northerners that comes to the rescue. But then, this things are not done in the North but in the South, such a huge shame to the Southerners who will never say No to slavery jobs.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by olarent: 8:47am On Oct 16, 2020
Road safety beating from commercial bus loading from my humble self tomorrow,i we keep you update.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by olarent: 8:48am On Oct 16, 2020
Road safety go hear beating from commercial bus driver tommorow loading from my humble self tomorrow,i we keep you update.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by GeneralPula: 8:53am On Oct 16, 2020
CioAngels:
Very Painful and Shameful, they are all Southerners they assign the evil jobs to. Come to Isawo road to see the agression they use to extort the money. They brutally extorted an old man and he gave police the money and the next the police went unclad. The old old was called to the rescue. We later heard the policeman resigned from the force. Same Isawo road, We heard how a popular mama Calabar police woman chased kekenapep man with okada and the story was history because they said dhe had her legs broken from the okada fall, unfortunately she did not get the money she chased for but got admission at the general hospital. But, will they learn? No, because they say they have to secure their jobs because they have target to deliver certain amount daily. You can see why it is difficult for the Ogas at the Top to let go-off the ills because of the huge contributions they do weekly.

It so sucks ma'am..

We need to check right from the root.. 90% of Naija problems started from the root!
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Oketwin(m): 8:53am On Oct 16, 2020
Benesis:
So far the endsars has been great, but in light of the dissolution and plan to reform

#EndPoliceCheckpoint or #EndPaymentOfBaill these things are some of the main cause of the rot in the police.

In the north you can go through 3states and not encounter a single police checkpoint, but here, you will stand at one checkpoint and see 5 more within a stone throw.
These are some of the reforms that we could point directly at and demand that they be totally dismantled as well
try abuja kaduna road d check point na die.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Moschinochimma: 8:53am On Oct 16, 2020
lindareep:
Last last trailer go follow their middle and they will be fighting each other.

At that time nobody go fit shalaley wetin occur.

Biko, I have just 3 BEARD GROWTH OIL in stock, I will deliver to your preferred address anywhere within Lagos. Payment on delivery

HOW MUCH IS THE OIL and drop a contact
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Austino5050: 8:59am On Oct 16, 2020
ZeroAccess:
Aft watching the video indeed police no get shame. Wetin dem dey use #20 wey Dem dey collect do. Chai
#20 frm jst 1 thousand pple na hw much?
u think na small amount of money them dey make frm dat small small change dem dey collect.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by MegaStarr(m): 8:59am On Oct 16, 2020
Benesis:

#EndPoliceCheckpoint or #EndPaymentOfBaill these things are some of the main cause of the rot in the police.v

You've said it the way it is.
Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by tuoky: 9:03am On Oct 16, 2020
GOD bless your family.
jeffizy:
Indeed, it's a great period to be in Nigeria. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Angelfrost(m): 9:12am On Oct 16, 2020
Benitoh:
Until you kill and exterminate all the corrupt politicians and godfathers you're deceiving yourself.

There are corrupt politicians and godfathers all over the world, even in developed nations like England, Russia (Plenty here), America, etc...

Killing them is not the issue (How many can you kill?)... The issue is the togetherness and unity of the populace....

If people unite over any matter, no corrupt politician or godfather can stand in their way, no matter how much money, power, or clout he wields.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by bluemansion: 9:19am On Oct 16, 2020
I'm impressed. You see, we still have good eggs in the system. God bless those soldiers.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road by Truckpusher(m): 9:22am On Oct 16, 2020
grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Jeep Drops A Bleeding Lady In Ikeja (Photos) / Lagos Theatre In Oregun Burnt Down By Hoodlums / Man Caught On CCTV Taking Pictures Under A Woman's Skirt In A Supermarket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.