Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

I’ve Been Receiving Curses On My Phone - Femi Adesina Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ve Been Receiving Curses On My Phone - Femi Adesina Says (1077 Views)

Naira Scarcity: I’ve Been Spending N20,000 For One Week – Femi Adesina / #EndSARS: I Have Been Receiving Curses, Death Threats On My Phones -Femi Adesina / Hate Speech Bill: Aliyu Abdullahi Says He Has Been Receiving Threats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ve Been Receiving Curses On My Phone - Femi Adesina Says by Jenny2u(f): 2:14pm On Oct 16, 2020
Special Adviser to the President Buhari on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina has stated that he's been receiving curses after a false report of him being against the #EndSARS protests went viral on social media.

In a lenghty article titled ‘An Enemy of the People’ which he shared on Thursday October 15, Femi Adesina insisted that he has never advised the President to ignore the #EndSARS protests rocking the nation.

The presidential spokesperson further stated that he was never given a chance to respond to the claim.

Read his article below;

For well over one week, the polity has been suffused with what President Muhammadu Buhari describes as “genuine concerns and agitations by Nigerians about the excessive use of force and in some cases extra-judicial killings and wrongful conduct by men of the Nigeria Police Force.”

And in that period of time too, I have had strident efforts being made to position me as an enemy of the people. Very serious efforts by mean people, who are simply out to generate hatred and animus against other people, for no other reason than Luciferous and pernicious feeling of smug satisfaction.

As a year two undergraduate at the then University of Ife in 1982, one of the texts recommended for us in English Literature class was Enemy of the Public by the Norwegian writer, Henrik Ibsen. I remember traveling from Ile-Ife then to the popular Odusote Bookstores in Ibadan to procure the book, along with some other recommended texts.

The term Enemy of the People originated in Roman times as hostis publicus, which if translated directly means, ‘public enemy,’ someone acting against the larger group, indeed, against society.

Get appointed to serve in an elevated public position in Nigeria, and you automatically face some odium, nay opprobrium. He has joined those who have come to steal our money. He has come to earn fat salary. He is going to be taken care of from the public treasury, while we have to slave and toil before we earn a living. He will be talking to us from a high horse, haughty and huffing, while we look like grasshoppers before him.

They never care what you were, and where you were coming from. Whether you came down several notches in your income in order to serve your country does not matter to them. Did you lobby for the job or not, it does not matter. The moment you get appointed into government position, you are poised to become an enemy of the people.

The first salvo came on Sunday from a suicide fake journalist who plies his trade with an online rag called Peoples Gazette. He published that President Muhammadu Buhari was to have approved the dissolution of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) the previous Friday, but had been prevailed upon not to do so by his spokesman, Femi Adesina. That happens to be me, and the information was coming to me as a piece of virulent, hateful news.

Again, the hatchet job masquerading as a news item , added that I convinced the President not to ever surrender the sovereignty of government to ‘Twitter warriors,’ whatever that means.

Further, it said because of my anti-people convictions, I had issued a statement against the EndSARS protesters, which had received wide condemnation from the general public.

Several falsities stood out from the supposed news story. One, what the reporter claimed never happened. That I prevailed on President Buh...................................READ MORE HERE>>>>>>>>>>>https://gistzone24..com/2020/10/ive-been-receiving-curses-on-my-phone.html

Re: I’ve Been Receiving Curses On My Phone - Femi Adesina Says by TecM0: 2:19pm On Oct 16, 2020
angry

Oga get out of here!!! Or keep the fvck shut!!

Buhari lead many protest all through PDP's horrible 16 years, infact in 2000 he came to lead a protest with Fulani Herdsmen at Agodi Governors House of Oyo State, accussing Late Alhaji Lamidi Adesina's Government of doing nothing to protest Fulanis

Same Buhari led Chiba Okadigbo and Ojukwu to a protest against INEC , same protest that led to Chiba Okadigbo's death after teargas and asthmatic attack

Now you Mr Femi Adesina an anti government abuse, human right columnist and editor for many years with Sunnews paper is writing all sort of junks to defend actions and inactions of Buhari, and don't expect criticism

4 Likes

Re: I’ve Been Receiving Curses On My Phone - Femi Adesina Says by helinues: 2:20pm On Oct 16, 2020
That one is normal now..

Those who there prayers are yet to be answered think they can curse others.

They are simply jokers
Re: I’ve Been Receiving Curses On My Phone - Femi Adesina Says by hisgrace090: 2:21pm On Oct 16, 2020
may not be unconnected to who's advocates you are.

Nigerians are not smilling as a bag of rice approaches the 40k mark soon if care is not taken.
Re: I’ve Been Receiving Curses On My Phone - Femi Adesina Says by Nbotee(m): 2:22pm On Oct 16, 2020
Wen U were dishing out ur own to GEJ u only saw it as criticism abi.. Jus pray U dont meet any Nigerian in the streets and he recognizes U... U go chop beta beating

2 Likes

Re: I’ve Been Receiving Curses On My Phone - Femi Adesina Says by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 16, 2020
helinues:
That one is normal now..

They are simply jokers
You need to be hanged by your dirty balls

2 Likes

Re: I’ve Been Receiving Curses On My Phone - Femi Adesina Says by limeta(f): 2:24pm On Oct 16, 2020
Go complain to them at lekki gate
You will be well look after

2 Likes

Re: I’ve Been Receiving Curses On My Phone - Femi Adesina Says by helinues: 2:25pm On Oct 16, 2020
AngrryMan:
You need to be hanged by your dirty balls

That's what your moods always feel like cos you are an angryman... grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: I’ve Been Receiving Curses On My Phone - Femi Adesina Says by chatinent: 2:25pm On Oct 16, 2020
Yawns.
Re: I’ve Been Receiving Curses On My Phone - Femi Adesina Says by Camelot65: 2:39pm On Oct 16, 2020
Mtsewww......
Re: I’ve Been Receiving Curses On My Phone - Femi Adesina Says by ojietu: 2:55pm On Oct 16, 2020
Femi

1 Like

Re: I’ve Been Receiving Curses On My Phone - Femi Adesina Says by royalnose: 2:56pm On Oct 16, 2020
Femi or whatever is your name na Ogun lakaye go kill you, Werey. When u were doing the same thing to Jonathan you didn't remember the useless course in your miserable year two. Fake Pastor.

2 Likes

Re: I’ve Been Receiving Curses On My Phone - Femi Adesina Says by gbolagunte81693: 6:06pm On Oct 16, 2020
Wen U were dishing out ur own to GEJ u only saw it as criticism abi.. Jus pray U dont meet any Nigerian in the streets and he recognizes U... U go chop beta beating

1 Like

Re: I’ve Been Receiving Curses On My Phone - Femi Adesina Says by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 16, 2020
That's just the begining Pasta.
Re: I’ve Been Receiving Curses On My Phone - Femi Adesina Says by 4x28: 10:23pm On Oct 16, 2020
[s]
TecM0:
angry

Oga get out of here!!! Or keep the fvck shut!!

Buhari lead many protest all through PDP's horrible 16 years, infact in 2000 he came to lead a protest with Fulani Herdsmen at Agodi Governors House of Oyo State, accussing Late Alhaji Lamidi Adesina's Government of doing nothing to protest Fulanis

Same Buhari led Chiba Okadigbo and Ojukwu to a protest against INEC , same protest that led to Chiba Okadigbo's death after teargas and asthmatic attack

Now you Mr Femi Adesina an anti government abuse, human right columnist and editor for many years with Sunnews paper is writing all sort of junks to defend actions and inactions of Buhari, and don't expect criticism

[/s]
Re: I’ve Been Receiving Curses On My Phone - Femi Adesina Says by 4x28: 10:24pm On Oct 16, 2020
[s]
helinues:
That one is normal now..

They are simply jokers
[/s]
Re: I’ve Been Receiving Curses On My Phone - Femi Adesina Says by 4x28: 10:26pm On Oct 16, 2020
[s]
helinues:

That's what your moods always feel like cos you are an angryman... grin cheesy
[/s]
Re: I’ve Been Receiving Curses On My Phone - Femi Adesina Says by Commonsense99: 10:46pm On Oct 16, 2020
grin
Femi you should've happy with just curses for now.
Your colleague in the ruling party made this statements.
Youths are keeping our own part of the bargain.

(1) (Reply)

Questions For Ipob Over Wike / Not A Hair Must Fall From Kukah's Head- FFK Blows / Osinbajo Didn't Call For NYSC Suspension In His Report To President — Akande

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.