Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Does God Have A Name?—What Does The Bible Say? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Have A Name?—What Does The Bible Say? (1007 Views)

What Are Your Prayers God Have Answered In Year 2023? / Does God Have A Full Title? / Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Have A Name?—What Does The Bible Say? by MuttleyLaff: 8:39am On Oct 18, 2020
DappaD:
Leave the guy. He thinks I have his time.
I have time to create for the two of youse to clasp and knock your heads together, so good sense will get reset to back in your brains to Manufacturer's factory default correct setting(s)
Re: Does God Have A Name?—What Does The Bible Say? by haddeylium(m): 8:41am On Oct 18, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
School who in what that other thread?
I am pasting the same bare face truth fact thing, that makes the whole Jehovah's Witnesses doctrine, theology et cetera, being built upon a wack, shaky, suspect, shallow and faulty foundation of fraud, WAYO, invention and make-believe, considering that there is no letter J, in Hebraic alphabet, and powerfully so indicating then, that Jehovah cannot at all, in any real sense of it, possibly be an authentic name for God, lmso.

For crying out loud, the word "Jehovah" only crept into the English bible and vocabulary in the 1500s.

So..??...
you're not making sense.

you're yet to explain why you use Jesus, Jeremiah, Jacob, Joshua in your text!
Is there letter 'J' in hebraic alphabet?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Have A Name?—What Does The Bible Say? by Blabbermouth: 9:08am On Oct 18, 2020
Sing this with me...
You are Yahweh eh eh eh
You are Yahweh, You are Yahweh
Alpha and Omega, You are Yahweh
Alpha and Omega. cheesy

If I tell this guy I'm a healer, that would be me boxing myself because I can also / will also be their provider.

If I tell them I'm a Loving father, if them misbehave and I show them the CONSUMING FIRE dimension nko?

If I tell them I'm a WARRIOR, what if I show them the ALL-PEACABLE dimension?

So he said to Moses -Woss woss WO bí, I AM THAT I AM, I WILL BECOME WHAT I WILL BECOME.
Healer? I am
Father? I am
Almighty? I am
Deliverer? I am
Provider? I am
Sustainer? I am
Most High? I am
Vanilla love? I am
Tough love? I am
Knowledge personified? I am
Wisdom personified? I am
Understanding personified? I am
Merciful God? I am
Punishing God? I am

Ó wan le bi ìyèpè, pick the one(s) you want.

Sweet sister tope Alabi will say
E tín gbé bi kan ke tó kó ôrún, aré nla ni ô, o o sé tu. Ai le tun wo, a da hun so, o lohun kò gun ni o. Arugbo ojó, a dagba ma te pa o, Iwo ni kabi yo osi

That loosely translates as - You've been dwelling in a place even before you created the earth, you are a mystery that cannot be unravelled (fully). Uncheckable, Talk-and-do lord, and the Balogun cum Akogun cum arogun masa, cum Jagun Jagun himself. Ancient of days, never changing even with the passage of time, there is none like you.

Hallelujah! Happy Sunday folks!

PS: My translation is a bit fuzzy, don't mind me.

1 Like

Re: Does God Have A Name?—What Does The Bible Say? by MuttleyLaff: 9:10am On Oct 18, 2020
haddeylium:
So..??...
you're not making sense.

I use Yahshua Ha Mashiach with an aka Jesus Christ, so to carry along those still in dark of knowing the real or authentic name. I try, as much as possible, to use Hebraic names and make a distinction between their Latinised/Anglicised names. Case in point, Moshe aka Moses, Yakov aka Jacob et cetera

haddeylium:
I already submitted that there's no letter 'J' in hebraic alphabet, but hey thank you very much for reinforcing and confirming that point for me about the word "JEHOVAH" being bogus and the bare face truth fact thing, that makes the whole Jehovah's Witnesses doctrine, theology et cetera, being built upon a wack, shaky, suspect, shallow and faulty foundation of fraud, WAYO, invention and make-believe, considering that there is no letter J, in Hebraic alphabet, and powerfully so indicating then, that Jehovah cannot at all, in any real sense of it, possibly be an authentic name for God, lmso

1 Like

Re: Does God Have A Name?—What Does The Bible Say? by Blabbermouth: 9:20am On Oct 18, 2020
To any interested interlocutor or reader, here are simple questions for our edification:

1. What importace has a being's name? To him, and to the others.

a. What importance then, is God's name to his creatures?

b. What importance (if any) is the unique names given to every angels

2. There were many instances where Yahweh gives name to men. Why does Yahweh change the name of some people even If they already have a name before?

3. Why didn't the lord Give Moses a name as he did to Abram, sarai, and Jacob and many others?

4. What did Jesus meant when he asked you to "ask in his name"?
Was it to literally mumble/pronounce the name at the end your petition?

5. You will be given a new name in the world to come. Why?

1 Like

Re: Does God Have A Name?—What Does The Bible Say? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:07am On Oct 18, 2020
haddeylium:

They schooled you in that other thread .
You gentle wink
You pasting the same thing everywhere. Rest!

Once they can't come up with one line of thought then their form of worship is worthless, worship ought to unite adherents and make them think alike, that's what brings glory to the brainbox behind such form of worship.
So there is no worthy God when worshipers are divided and in disarray over what their God is teaching.
Ironically they want to say the confusion ran through all religions but they are just deceiving themselves as everyone knew very well that from North America to Australia, from Russia to Brazil and from Norway to Cape town Jehovah's Witnesses believe the same thing.
That's why none of them could mention the name of their Churches because they're not even sure of what their Churches teaches!
MuttleyLaff and Johnw47 have been arguing, insulting, abusing and cursing one another to their imaginary Hellfire, not because of money or girlfriend but because of what their God teaches!
But when it's time to antagonize Jehovah's Witnesses, MuttleyLaff and Johnw47 will become brothers in faith again.
What a shame! cheesy

Re: Does God Have A Name?—What Does The Bible Say? by MuttleyLaff: 10:30am On Oct 18, 2020
Serves you right MaxInDHouse aka Maximus69 RIP. At least your head go clear from sitting on the touchline, cooling off and waiting for your ban to expire, lmso.
Re: Does God Have A Name?—What Does The Bible Say? by AkinwaleJJ(f): 10:32am On Oct 18, 2020
Blabbermouth:

Jehovah's Witnesses can't help you because all what we believe is the teachings of our GB!
The name of our God is very important to all JWs, the first request Jesus made in the model prayer is the name of our God be sanctified!

Re: Does God Have A Name?—What Does The Bible Say? by AkinwaleJJ(f): 10:36am On Oct 18, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Serves you right MaxInDHouse aka Maximus69 RIP. At least your head go clear from sitting on the touchline, cooling off and waiting for your ban to expire, lmso.

Please if i may ask, what exactly led to the commotion involving you and johnw47?
Re: Does God Have A Name?—What Does The Bible Say? by MuttleyLaff: 10:41am On Oct 18, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:
Please if i may ask, what exactly led to the commotion involving you and johnw47?
When a toxic and poisonous person cant match up with you, they would, try to match how others and nosey-parkers, should see you, with their gossips, lmso.

What you see, as commotion involving johnw47 and I, is nothing personal, but just an exchange of sheer harmless good natured banter, lmso.
Re: Does God Have A Name?—What Does The Bible Say? by Janosky: 10:42am On Oct 18, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
School who in what that other thread?
You cant escape from the truth that the word "JEHOVAH" is bogus, nah. Abi I lie ni, that the name and word "Jehovah" you're using all time is an invented and artificial Latinized name manufactured?

The name and word "Jehovah" you're using all time is an invented word, lmso. This

I am pasting the same bare face truth fact thing, that makes the whole Jehovah's Witnesses doctrine, theology et cetera, being built upon a wack, shaky, suspect, shallow and faulty foundation of fraud, WAYO, invention and make-believe, considering that there is no letter J, in Hebraic alphabet, and powerfully so indicating then, that Jehovah cannot at all, in any real sense of it, possibly be an authentic name for God, lmso.

For crying out loud, the word "Jehovah" only crept into the English bible and vocabulary in the 1500s.

Muttley GIBBERISH grin grin

Is Jesus not a Latinized name?

Is Iesous his actual name?

Yeshua , Yehoshua , Yahshua , Yehoshua , NOBODY knows for sure

Jeremiah, Jonathan ,Jonah, John (same letter J",in your Bible, you no dey complain them are Latinized names). .

Pls, Carry your HYPOCRISY GIBBERISH komot from here.
Re: Does God Have A Name?—What Does The Bible Say? by MuttleyLaff: 10:47am On Oct 18, 2020
Janosky:
Muttley GIBBERISH grin grin

Is Jesus not a Latinized name?

Is Iesous his actual name?

Yeshua , Yehoshua , Yahshua , Yehoshua , NOBODY knows for sure

Jeremiah, Jonathan, Jonah, John (same letter J", you no dey complain them are Latinized). .

Pls, Carry your GIBBERISH komot from here.
It doesnt take away the fact and honest truth that the name and word "Jehovah" you're using all time is an invented and bogus word, lmso and that it makes the whole Jehovah's Witnesses doctrine, theology et cetera, being built upon a wack, shaky, suspect, shallow and faulty foundation of fraud, WAYO, cunning and make-believe, considering that there is no letter J, in Hebraic alphabet, and powerfully so indicating then, that Jehovah cannot at all, in any real sense of it, possibly be an authentic name for God, lmso
Re: Does God Have A Name?—What Does The Bible Say? by Janosky: 10:53am On Oct 18, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
It doesnt take away the fact and honest truth that the name and word "Jehovah" you're using all time is an invented and bogus word, lmso and that it makes the whole Jehovah's Witnesses doctrine, theology et cetera, being built upon a wack, shaky, suspect, shallow and faulty foundation of fraud, WAYO, cunning and make-believe, considering that there is no letter J, in Hebraic alphabet, and powerfully so indicating then, that Jehovah cannot at all, in any real sense of it, possibly be an authentic name for God, lmso

Apply your Muttley WACKY, DECEPTIVE logic to the Bible in your possession.

No Hebrew names in it begins with letter "Y'....

Continue DECEIVING YOURSELF
grin grin
Re: Does God Have A Name?—What Does The Bible Say? by Janosky: 11:02am On Oct 18, 2020
haddeylium:

So..??...
you're not making sense.

The Muttley crew and their mentors hate God's holy name. (See Screenshot PROOF)

Re: Does God Have A Name?—What Does The Bible Say? by haddeylium(m): 11:11am On Oct 18, 2020
[quote author=MuttleyLaff post=95054156]I use Yahshua Ha
Mashiach with an aka Jesus Christ, so to carry along those still in dark of knowing the real or authentic name. I try, as much as possible, to use Hebraic names and make a distinction between their Latinised/Anglicised names. Case in point, Moshe aka Moses, Yakov aka Jacob et cetera
So Jesus, Jacob are artificially latinized and it's not their names...Agreed? cheesy
Clown, Be consistent and stop using it grin

I already submitted that there's no letter 'J' in hebraic alphabet, but hey thank you very much for reinforcing and confirming that point for me about the word "JEHOVAH" being bogus and the bare face truth fact thing, that makes the whole Jehovah's Witnesses doctrine, theology et cetera, being built upon a wack, shaky, suspect, shallow and faulty foundation of fraud, WAYO, invention and make-believe, considering that there is no letter J, in Hebraic alphabet, and powerfully so indicating then, that Jehovah cannot at all, in any real sense of it, possibly be an authentic name for God, lmso

Learn!...If Hebrew doesn't have J alphabet but the language translated into has it ...So?

I explained to you clearly what transliteration and translation is.
Transliteration- word for word
Translation- spelling and pronunciation might change
Yahweh is an obvious transliteration of the God's Hebrew name while Jehovah is the translation form. Since the Bible is translated wholely so is name like Jacob, Joshua, Jesus and Jehovah.
But, the original meaning still stand
JEHOVAH- I'll become what I'll become cheesy

I dont need to learn Hebrew language to pronounce God's divine name

Goodness of God's kingdom and the sanctification his name is available “every nation and tribe and tongue(language) and people.” (Revelation 14:6

Check out example of how God's name is pronounced in different languages ( carrying the same meaning)
Source: Jw.org

Aneityum: Ihova
Arabic: يهوه (Yahwah)
Arawak: Jehovah
Ateso: Yahweh
Awabakal: Yehóa
Bangi: Yawe
Batak (Toba): Jahowa
Efik: Jehovah
English: Jehovah, Yahweh, Yehuwah
Ethiopian: Yehowa
Éwé: Yehowa
Yoruba: Jehofa, Jehofah
Zande: Yekova
Zulu: Jehova, Yehova
Norwegian: Jehova
Petats: Jihouva
Ntomba: Yawe
Nukuoro: Jehova
Ojibwa: Jehovah
Petats: Jihouva
and many more cheesy

So, How's God's name pronounced in your primary language? wink
Re: Does God Have A Name?—What Does The Bible Say? by haddeylium(m): 11:18am On Oct 18, 2020
Janosky:

I just asked one pastor here what God name is
Your Guesses are right grin
He said 'Lord ' but can also be call God wink

He has been pastor for years oo.
He's receiving free Bible study now tho

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Have A Name?—What Does The Bible Say? by johnw47: 11:38am On Oct 18, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

Once they can't come up with one line of thought then their form of worship is worthless, worship ought to unite adherents and make them think alike, that's what brings glory to the brainbox behind such form of worship.
So there is no worthy God when worshipers are divided and in disarray over what their God is teaching.
Ironically they want to say the confusion ran through all religions but they are just deceiving themselves as everyone knew very well that from North America to Australia, from Russia to Brazil and from Norway to Cape town Jehovah's Witnesses believe the same thing.
That's why none of them could mention the name of their Churches because they're not even sure of what their Churches teaches!
MuttleyLaff and Johnw47 have been arguing, insulting, abusing and cursing one another to their imaginary Hellfire, not because of money or girlfriend but because of what their God teaches!
But when it's time to antagonize Jehovah's Witnesses, MuttleyLaff and Johnw47 will become brothers in faith again.
What a shame! cheesy

mad max
a man would say things about a person to the person himself

but cowards like you gossip to others

self righteous supposed man of God mad max, banned again, laugh
maybe you talking perversely again, like about how
travina loves to play with your penis

1 Like

Re: Does God Have A Name?—What Does The Bible Say? by Blabbermouth: 11:42am On Oct 18, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

Jehovah's Witnesses can't help you because all what we believe is the teachings of our GB!
The name of our God is very important to all JWs, the first request Jesus made in the model prayer is the name of our God be sanctified!
Woman, another thing you should know about Blabbermouth is - He doesn't ask questions because he doesn't know anything (most cases, not all). He asks questions because he wants to know more, reason with others, and get other perspectives of people converging in truth. He does not need the help of JW!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The name is important? Why?
Yeah, Jesus asked us all to hallow his (Yahweh) name. Other people believe this way or that way is how to hallow His name, How does your group hallow his name?

PS: I'm not arguing, just want to know your view of things.

1 Like

Re: Does God Have A Name?—What Does The Bible Say? by AkinwaleJJ(f): 11:52am On Oct 18, 2020
Hmmmmmmmm that's commendable!
MuttleyLaff:
When a toxic and poisonous person cant match up with you, they would, try to match how others and nosey-parkers, should see you, with their gossips, lmso.

What you see, as commotion involving johnw47 and I, is nothing personal, but just an exchange of sheer harmless good natured banter, lmso.

Re: Does God Have A Name?—What Does The Bible Say? by AkinwaleJJ(f): 11:55am On Oct 18, 2020
Blabbermouth:

Woman, another thing you should know about Blabbermouth is - He doesn't ask questions because he doesn't know anything (most cases, not all). He asks questions because he wants to know more, reason with others, and get other perspectives of people converging in truth. He does not need the help of JW!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The name is important? Why?
Yeah, Jesus asked us all to hallow his (Yahweh) name. Other people believe this way or that way is how to hallow His name, How does your group hallow his name?

PS: I'm not arguing, just want to know your view of things.

The way the GB taught us to hallow the name of the one who anointed them with his holy spirit, making them his spirit filled sons!

1 Like

Re: Does God Have A Name?—What Does The Bible Say? by MuttleyLaff: 12:26pm On Oct 18, 2020
haddeylium:
So Jesus, Jacob are artificially Latinized and it's not their names...Agreed? cheesy
Clown, Be consistent and stop using it grin
The only bunch of clowns are those who are hellbent putting ax over head putting needless emphasis in adopting a bogus, invented, manufactured artificial Latinized name

Yakov aka Jacob was the first person, wanting to know what God's personal name is, but he met with a brick wall. Moshe aka Moses was the second person to try weasel out God's personal name, what he got in response was "Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh" meaning I AM that I AM or I AM who I AM or even I WILL BE WHAT I WILL BE or I will become what I choose to become.

haddeylium:

Learn!...If Hebrew doesn't have J alphabet but the language translated into has it ...So?

I explained to you clearly what transliteration and translation is.
Transliteration- word for word
Translation- spelling and pronunciation might change
Yahweh is an obvious transliteration of the God's Hebrew name while Jehovah is the translation form. Since the Bible is translated wholely so is name like Jacob, Joshua, Jesus and Jehovah.
But, the original meaning still stand
JEHOVAH- I'll become what I'll become cheesy

I dont need to learn Hebrew language to pronounce God's divine name.
Goodness of God's kingdom and the sanctification his name is available “every nation and tribe and tongue(language) and people.” (Revelation 14:6

Check out example of how God's name is pronounced in different languages (carrying the same meaning)
Source: Jw.org

Aneityum: Ihova
Arabic: يهوه (Yahwah)
Arawak: Jehovah
Ateso: Yahweh
Awabakal: Yehóa
Bangi: Yawe
Batak (Toba): Jahowa
Efik: Jehovah
English: Jehovah, Yahweh, Yehuwah
Ethiopian: Yehowa
Éwé: Yehowa
No one is expecting you to learn Hebrew language to pronounce YHWH or the vocalised version, Yahweh

YHWH or the vocalised version, Yahweh, is descriptor and not the name of God. It is word or expression used to described the strength, vastness and richness of God's famous personality (i.e. ''I AM'', aka ''I AM, I AM'', aka ''I AM THAT I AM'', aka ''I SHALL BE THAT I SHALL BE'', aka ''I WILL BE THAT I WILL BE'' or "I AM who I AM" or even "I will become what I choose to become'')

Please since you're confirming that you are a kofam and bonafide circus clown, why not humour with what is the Latinized names of Tinubu, Ọbasanjo, Soyinka, Solarin, Ọrunmila et cetera lmso

Janosky:
What shame that this poor student of 2 Timothy 2:15 doesnt know that God is Unnameable because His name is Inexplicable, Unfathomable, Enigmatic, too Wonderful to understand, lmso et cetera

haddeylium:
I just asked one pastor her what God name is
Your Guesses are right grin
He said 'Lord ' but can also be call God wink

He has been pastor for years oo.
He's receiving free Bible study now tho
What do you expect to happen, when the blind asks a fellow blind to guide him/her to the right way. Walk straight right in to an open ditch moment waiting happen, lmso

Adonai aka Lord aka Owner is not God's name. The words Adonai aka Lord aka Owner are attributes of God describing Him

The word God too, is not God's personal name but is a word attributed to the Divine and Supreme Being, who the One who is Unnameable, Inexplicable, Unfathomable, Enigmatic et

Exodus 6:3, fyi, is saying that:"I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob as El-Shaddai—‘God Almighty’—but I did not reveal my name, Yahweh, to them" meaning Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob got to know and feel God as El-Shaddai (i.e. God Almighty) but He never and it never got to the point where they, Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, personally had the experience, to know, hear, witness and/or feel His fame, His notability, His stature, His largesse, His prominence, His greatness, His renown and repute, His prowess, His steadfast loyalty et cetera. This is what the Israelites had the privilege to first hand observe and experience. To see God, for their sake, be and demonstrate "I will become what I choose to become''
Re: Does God Have A Name?—What Does The Bible Say? by MuttleyLaff: 12:56pm On Oct 18, 2020
Blabbermouth:
To any interested interlocutor or reader, here are simple questions for our edification:

1. What importace has a being's name? To him, and to the others.
The importance is about honourableness of the name

Blabbermouth:
a. What importance then, is God's name to his creatures?
The importance is that God has an Unnameable name

Blabbermouth:
b. What importance (if any) is the unique names given to every angels
We know of only two to three angels with specified names, whom are: Gabriel, Michael and Lucifer. Their names give important description of their personalities, often in relation/association with God

Blabbermouth:
2. There were many instances where Yahweh gives name to men. Why does Yahweh change the name of some people even If they already have a name before?
Abram/Abraham, Sarai/Sarah, Jacob/Israel, Benoni/Benjamin, Simon/Peter are all names changed to improve and make better human beings of the persons, lmso

Blabbermouth:
3. Why didn't the Lord Give Moses a name as he did to Abram, Sarai, and Jacob and many others?
I am sure, if it was necessary to, his name would have changed, so since it wasn't changed, this implies a name change was not required

Blabbermouth:
4. What did Jesus meant when he asked you to "ask in his name"?
Was it to literally mumble/pronounce the name at the end your petition?
It means you technically have a free pass to ask basing it on the granted permission to do so

Blabbermouth:
5. You will be given a new name in the world to come. Why?
I am not going to answer this yet, but instead, will ask that you go compare Judges 13:17-18 with Revelation 2:17, then return back here, to tell us what common and interesting thing you found present in both verses. Wow. Its getting hot in here. Praise God. Alleluia
Re: Does God Have A Name?—What Does The Bible Say? by MuttleyLaff: 1:42pm On Oct 18, 2020
FOLYKAZE:
Yahweh has no reasonable meaning in Hebrew.
Yahweh, Hebraically speaking has the reasonable meaning of "He Who Makes That Which Has Been Made" or "He Brings into Existence Whatever Exists"

FOLYKAZE:
As a matter of fact, the name has no relationship with I AM.
Try another twist
As a matter of fact, the phrase' relationship with I AM, is Capability, Power and/or Ability to do or become things

FOLYKAZE:
I am the son of my father. Just like Yahweh is the son of his father, El. Much of this information are contained in the ugarit text
I AM describes you, just as much as it is potent and powerful enough to describe God

FOLYKAZE:
I saw a tyrannical vicious fearsome and bloodsucking beast in Yahweh of the Old testament, that evolved into loving and caring deity in Jehovah of new testament. That is evolution
Right from the get go Day One, has God been a loving and caring Deity

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Need Christians Section On Nairaland Too, Not Only Islam-For-Muslims / Praying In Name Of ‘lucifer’ More Potent Than In Name Of Jesus - Daddy Freeze / Fact Check - T.b Joshua Dead ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.