Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Importance Of Trust In A Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Importance Of Trust In A Relationship (3784 Views)

Importance Of Body Beauty In Choosing A Partner / 9 Things You Can Do When You Are Losing Trust In Your Relationship / How Do You Approach a Lady for a Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Importance Of Trust In A Relationship by comboluv(m): 7:38am On Mar 08, 2011
When your relationship lacks trust, do you feel secured?
Re: Importance Of Trust In A Relationship by bobbyray(m): 8:15am On Mar 08, 2011
comon sense!!! abba
Re: Importance Of Trust In A Relationship by sexy74(m): 12:01pm On Mar 08, 2011
the answer is

NO
Re: Importance Of Trust In A Relationship by Goldieluks: 12:02pm On Mar 08, 2011
Who will? undecided
Re: Importance Of Trust In A Relationship by adagz01(m): 12:10pm On Mar 08, 2011
i will
Re: Importance Of Trust In A Relationship by Goldieluks: 12:12pm On Mar 08, 2011
good for you.
Re: Importance Of Trust In A Relationship by Blueice4re(f): 12:44pm On Mar 08, 2011
No no no,
Re: Importance Of Trust In A Relationship by surebaby43(f): 12:59pm On Mar 08, 2011
No i dont sign it, why are they dating if they known they can trust there self
poster you are right jooooooooooo
Re: Importance Of Trust In A Relationship by MeGaStReEt: 1:33pm On Mar 08, 2011
bobbyray:

comon sense!!!

scarce
Re: Importance Of Trust In A Relationship by hackney(m): 1:58pm On Mar 08, 2011
I think trust is everything in a normal relationship.
Re: Importance Of Trust In A Relationship by otukpo(f): 2:51pm On Mar 08, 2011
NO.
Re: Importance Of Trust In A Relationship by Nakingson: 3:22pm On Mar 08, 2011
Any Relationship that Lack Trust is like a soup without salt.
No 1 can ever get the best out of it!
As a matter of fact, i encourage ppl not to go into any
Relationship until they make up their minds on the issue of Trust.
Pls know it that Trust is not automatic,
u build it gradually before it can be bestowed on u.
Re: Importance Of Trust In A Relationship by willarrie(m): 4:11pm On Mar 08, 2011
Duh!!!!!!!!! undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Importance Of Trust In A Relationship by trusted(m): 4:57pm On Mar 08, 2011
The foundation of every relationship should be base on trust. No trust No love.
Re: Importance Of Trust In A Relationship by naijasing(f): 8:09pm On Mar 08, 2011
no trust no relationship
Re: Importance Of Trust In A Relationship by harakiri(m): 8:14pm On Mar 08, 2011
Depends on what you "trust" in. . .
Re: Importance Of Trust In A Relationship by MissyB3(f): 11:53pm On Mar 08, 2011
Don't we just overrate the importance of 'Trust'? undecided There are more important things to be given attention.
Re: Importance Of Trust In A Relationship by seedord247(m): 12:07am On Mar 09, 2011
Capital and Small letter nO
Re: Importance Of Trust In A Relationship by Dsense(m): 12:08am On Mar 09, 2011
Any relationship without trust is futile!!!
Re: Importance Of Trust In A Relationship by harakiri(m): 8:45am On Mar 09, 2011
Missy ★ B:

Don't we just overrate the importance of 'Trust'? undecided There are more important things to be given attention.

Please tell them. . .

The way people go on about trust, trust ,trust makes me wonder if their parents didn't teach them anything about not trusting people absolutely. I guess it has to do with insecurity of the mind. I mean, someone's got to be really desperate to wanna make a relationship work to the extent of "trusting" absolutely in someone. When that person changes in the future and gets attracted to someone else OR better yet, starts cheating. . .what happens then?

That's why people go into acute depression and seek alcohol/drugs/sedatives. That's why you hear of men killing their wives and themselves. That's why people do all kinds of dumb shyt.

Goodness gracious!
Re: Importance Of Trust In A Relationship by Agybabe(f): 10:09am On Mar 09, 2011
Trust must be present in evry relationship. I wonder y ppl claims 2 luv each oda wen there is no trust. It gets me mad. Ha *angry*
Re: Importance Of Trust In A Relationship by Meldrick(m): 10:44am On Mar 09, 2011
Agybabe:

Trust must be present in evry relationship. I wonder y ppl claims 2 luv each oda wen there is no trust. It gets me mad. Ha *angry*
You could possibly love someone but not trust the person. Never blame someone who doesn't trust his partner. I always say that both parties have to make themselves trustable.
As my spouse, we cannot be together and you sneak out to receive calls. Why can't you recieve those calls in my presence. You cannot keep deleting your text messages immediately it enters. What impression do you want me to have? We are humans and most not start acting like angels. With acts like that, how do you expect me to trust you. You keep talking for hours on the phone with a male friend even in the night and you say he's just a friend.
Ah Ah!!!!! Resist temptation and it will flee from you. You have to make yourself trustable so I can trust you. That doesn't mean I don't love you.
Re: Importance Of Trust In A Relationship by Beync(f): 10:52am On Mar 09, 2011
trust is very important, true. but sorry to say it in reality when our trust is been put to test majory of us wud fail. even when we love  someone people still cheat on them love ones.
Re: Importance Of Trust In A Relationship by nwcfinance(m): 10:54am On Mar 09, 2011
f**************************k TRUST. Can't trust any lady never. Did that once and it cost me a lot. Don't trust any of them they are worst than the devil itself. Thanks
Re: Importance Of Trust In A Relationship by akunta(f): 11:16am On Mar 09, 2011
Trust is vry important in any relationship
which is why i think, pple should talk abt thgs
tat brings abt mistrust in their r/ships so as to work
thgs out and grow stronger.
Re: Importance Of Trust In A Relationship by nwcfinance(m): 11:34am On Mar 09, 2011
akunta:

Trust is vry important in any relationship
which is why i think, pple should talk abt thgs
tat brings abt mistrust in their r/ships so as to work
thgs out and grow stronger.

I really appreciate your post.

I am in a relationship right now and to be frank I do not trust her one bit. I am not to be blame cos have trusted and men I paid for it. But I love her and really want things to work and aside that she herself is even doing things that makes me not to change to trusting again.

ADVICE ME.
Re: Importance Of Trust In A Relationship by akunta(f): 11:44am On Mar 09, 2011
@nwcfinance,
its really diffcult to trust again if u hv bin hurt b4,
but @ the same time, u shudnt measure ur present r/ship
wit ur past. its unfair both to u and ur partner.
why do u mistrust her? hv u tried sittin her down and hvin
a chat abt ur trust issues? it migth just be a misunderstandin
she migth not be aware tat she is doing thgs to make u mistrust her
if u love her like u cliam, then u owe her the duty of bringing
to her notice the issues u have, and if she continues then,
personally, i dont think tat a r/ship can survive witout trust
it's wat makes the love / bond grow stronger if u ask me.
Goodluck in resloving ur issues.
Re: Importance Of Trust In A Relationship by nwcfinance(m): 11:54am On Mar 09, 2011
akunta:

@nwcfinance,
its really diffcult to trust again if u hv bin hurt b4,
but @ the same time, u shudnt measure your present r/ship
wit your past. its unfair both to u and your partner.
why do u mistrust her? hv u tried sittin her down and hvin
a chat abt your trust issues? it migth just be a misunderstandin
she migth not be aware tat she is doing thgs to make u mistrust her
if u love her like u cliam, then u owe her the duty of bringing
to her notice the issues u have, and if she continues then,
personally, i dont think tat a r/ship can survive witout trust
it's wat makes the love / bond grow stronger if u ask me.
Goodluck in resloving your issues.

Thanks a bunch I will do that. . . Can I have your number so I can call U please?
Re: Importance Of Trust In A Relationship by Omolola1(f): 11:54am On Mar 09, 2011
Trust is very vital in a relationship.
Re: Importance Of Trust In A Relationship by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 09, 2011
"A clear conscience fears no accusation", or so the saying goes. Anyone (especially girls) that is innocent and virtuous would not bother about whether you trust her or not - because she knows she is above board like Ceaser's wife. . .and has nothing to hide. You would even find it difficult to accuse her of anything because she knows the boundries between appropriate and inapprioprate behaviour and would therefore not give you reasons to be uncomfortable or suspicious.

I have since realized that it is only the slimy, deceitful ones that would make a chorus out of 'trust me, why don't you trust me'. If you are foolish enough to make the mistake of trusting them, you would be giving them the licence they need to misbehave with impunity.
I've seen this happen countless times; it's always the men that over-trust their girlfriends or wives that get cheated upon the most. . .while they continue to wallow in their self-delusion and ignorant bliss.

Trust is not a right, it is a privilege that is earned by a person's actions and inactions. I never ask anyone to trust me. . .I rather try to earn their trust by the things I do and don't do. Simplicita!
Re: Importance Of Trust In A Relationship by harakiri(m): 12:30pm On Mar 09, 2011
pro01:

"A clear conscience fears no accusation", or so the saying goes. Anyone (especially girls) that is innocent and virtuous would not bother about whether you trust her or not - because she knows she is above board like Ceaser's wife. . .and has nothing to hide. You would even find it difficult to accuse her of anything because she knows the boundries between appropriate and inapprioprate behaviour and would therefore not give you reasons to be uncomfortable or suspicious.

I have since realized that it is only the slimy, deceitful ones that would make a chorus out of 'trust me, why don't you trust me'. If you are foolish enough to make the mistake of trusting them, you would be giving them the licence they need to misbehave with impunity.
I've seen this happen countless times; it's always the men that over-trust their girlfriends or wives that get cheated upon the most. . .while they continue to wallow in their self-delusion and ignorant bliss.

Trust is not a right, it is a privilege that is earned by a person's actions and inactions. I never ask anyone to trust me. . .I rather try to earn their trust by the things I do and don't do. Simplicita!

You've said it all. Do you notice how negative women are when it comes to signing prenups? First thing that comes out of their mouths is "Don't you love me?" or "If you trust me, you won't be saying this". Well, Phil Collins got married and divorced based on "trust" THREE TIMES without prenup and most of the fortune he labored for in the past 40+ years is gone down the drain (His last ex-wife took home a bounty of $46 million USD!!!) and still, people still talk about "trust". How many examples person need give sef?

Trust my a$$.
Re: Importance Of Trust In A Relationship by ememoluwa: 3:02pm On Mar 09, 2011
pro01:

My dear, you have just said it all. But its a two way street(on both parties). If you are crying to be trusted, then please make yourself as transparent as possible. The same person crying for trust is the same person with a lock code on the phone, every other item is passworded against the other spouse. Clandestine outings becomes the norm where you cant vouch for their whereabouts. Receiving calls in your presense, you hear mono-syllable replies. so where does the trust come in here. I believe one really needs to earn this so-called TRUST. 90% of their so-called 'friends' are basically of the opposite sex whom you will never get introduced to.
Trust them and you end up being the laughing stock at the end of the day.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Women Are Not Submissive. / If Your Girlfriend Call You A Fool After Collecting Money From U What Would U Do / Nigerian Guys, Why Are You Scared Of Marriage Lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.