Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,787 members, 7,813,602 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

For Quiet People Only! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Quiet People Only! (1598 Views)

Why Are Married Men Quiet And Condone Rubbish In Their Homes? / My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! / Nigerians What Is Your Problem With Quiet People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Quiet People Only! by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 18, 2020
I just hate it when people see quiet people as perfect.You get tagged "The pastor" like you can't go wrong.I told a guy who called me a pastor,"oga,I am not a pastor i am *******.I know I would be judged based on that and not like everyone.pls,share your experiences here.

3 Likes

Re: For Quiet People Only! by Peritome: 3:50pm On Oct 18, 2020
Same here. The world calls the quiet ones & lovers of God PASTOR. I just hate that.
Re: For Quiet People Only! by blackpanthar: 3:51pm On Oct 18, 2020
True

Re: For Quiet People Only! by Climax07(m): 4:00pm On Oct 18, 2020
You're right, everyone keeps calling me pastor but I groove normally, maybe the society perceives quiet people as saints and this affects us badly.

4 Likes

Re: For Quiet People Only! by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 18, 2020
Peritome:
Same here. The world calls the quiet ones & lovers of God PASTOR. I just hate that.
. people need to be aware of the fact that they are putting others under pressure.
Re: For Quiet People Only! by Peritome: 4:03pm On Oct 18, 2020
Climax07:
You're right, everyone keeps calling me pastor but I groove normally, maybe the society perceives quiet people as saints and this affects us badly.

You're right, really affects badly. The day you'll say NO, they'll tag you evil. Wanting you to please them all time.

4 Likes

Re: For Quiet People Only! by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 18, 2020
Peritome:

You're right, really affects badly. The day you'll say NO, they'll tag you evil. Wanting you to please them all time.
. They tend to forget we are not perfect.
Re: For Quiet People Only! by Peritome: 4:14pm On Oct 18, 2020
introvert2:
. They tend to forget we are not perfect.

Yeah!

Sometimes I cry in my closet for being nice & quiet to a fault.

1 Like

Re: For Quiet People Only! by YoungBlackRico(m): 4:27pm On Oct 18, 2020
What I get is respect, not this.
Re: For Quiet People Only! by crackhaus: 5:24pm On Oct 18, 2020
Hmmmm, this is so different for me.

For all my quiet and reserved disposition, people still assume I'm a quiet bahd guy.

Pastor ke...
No one, not even a single person, has ever assumed this of me.

4 Likes

Re: For Quiet People Only! by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 18, 2020
Re: For Quiet People Only! by angelfallz(m): 5:57pm On Oct 18, 2020
crackhaus:
Hmmmm, this is so different for me.

For all my quiet and reserved disposition, people still assume I'm a quiet bahd guy.

Pastor ke...
No one, not even a single person, has ever assumed this of me.

Me too. i have a feeling they're just waiting to catch me doing something bad to confirm their suspicions.
Like during my NYSC, because my gf was serving in the city she could not be coming regularly to where i was, so no woman was entering my room. Everyone was thinking i was doing holy holy, some even asked "why you no dey carry woman?" until the day my babe showed up. I no hear after she left, they were just hailing me.
We human beings love to assume.
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: For Quiet People Only! by heendrix(m): 5:57pm On Oct 18, 2020
In this part of our world being Gentle is a crime

imagine someone intentionally offending you cause they know you wount do anything

1 Like

Re: For Quiet People Only! by KevinDein: 5:59pm On Oct 18, 2020
YoungBlackRico:
What I get is respect, not this.
Until you don't do their bidding.
Re: For Quiet People Only! by Sheina(f): 6:47pm On Oct 18, 2020
Peritome:

Yeah!

Sometimes I cry in my closet for being nice & quiet to a fault.
You like crying ni,that should be the last thing to make you cry,learn to say no because people might tend to take advantage of you
Re: For Quiet People Only! by moneyshop: 7:08pm On Oct 18, 2020
Thanks for this.

These calling of Pastor thing got me thinking about going into pastorhood. Thank God I'm not alone in this. Now my curiosity is answered.

Na quite we quite, we no be perfect human. We still dey commit sin even pass some bad people.

May God forgive us
Re: For Quiet People Only! by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:35pm On Oct 18, 2020
KevinDein:

Until you don't do their bidding.
You don't understand grin, with me that 'silence' for some means they don't know what to expect. I don't wanna call it fear.
Re: For Quiet People Only! by crackhaus: 8:06pm On Oct 18, 2020
angelfallz:

Me too. i have a feeling they're just waiting to catch me doing something bad to confirm their suspicions.
Like during my NYSC, because my gf was serving in the city she could not be coming regularly to where i was, so no woman was entering my room. Everyone was thinking i was doing holy holy, some even asked "why you no dey carry woman?" until the day my babe showed up. I no hear after she left, they were just hailing me.
We human beings love to assume.
grin grin grin
Yours is better nah, at least they associated the phrase holy-holy with you. I never enjoyed that much grace... cheesy

Everytime I have been single in my life, most people hardly believed I was no matter what I said. So I just stopped trying after a while – they ask me about my relationships, and I would say all my women are doing very well. grin
It was all about confirming what they thought they knew, had no patience to prove otherwise... Lol!

3 Likes

Re: For Quiet People Only! by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 18, 2020
Life is weird
Mind was when my boss was falsely accusing me and she was like that why u quiet pple are devilish, some that gave me the job cos according to her am honest, hardwrking, etc when all she saw was a quiet guy
Re: For Quiet People Only! by stacyadams: 10:19pm On Oct 18, 2020
grin grin grin
When I light my Benson switch grin grin

I go begin hear.. grin

Ur too gentle to be lightin Benson
Ur too innocent lookin to be lighting benson
Ur such a fine gentle man to be lighting Benson
But brother y RE u lighting Benson?

Some go begin preach word of God

grin

MEanwhile I no come borrow money from any of them to light Benson
Re: For Quiet People Only! by iamyemiakins(m): 10:50pm On Oct 18, 2020
I'm an introvert and also a quiet type, I just get tired of some people calling me pastor and also seeing me as that holy guy.

Any small thing they be like, so you also come here? So you can talk like this...
Re: For Quiet People Only! by Bgirlie: 8:57am On Oct 23, 2020
I can relate with all the comments here grin
The most annoying one is those that assume quiet people are wicked, or that you are plotting something evil if you don’t fight back. But I get lots of respect still cool
Re: For Quiet People Only! by Maclink288: 3:23pm On Oct 23, 2020
No be lie, ah swr
That's how I was walking to my mum's shop one day so her friend (mum's friend) called me and ask if I'm a seminarian or a monk undecided, I told her No, but she kept on saying I'm too gentle and quiet and that I have a "priestly lifestyle". I just weak
Another one
The day my gf came to my room in school, I no hear word for my lodge, everybody begin hail me oh! The thing sef taya me
Them dey see quiet peeps as saint. sad

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Anikulapo Movie: What Are Your Thoughts? / How Racial Are You Or Your Parents? / Which Is More Important:staying Married Or Getting Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.